• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If leakers didn’t want to retire, they should’ve found a real job instead of trying to be part of that horrid insider community.

Anyway, do main directs usually happen in the same month as/a few weeks after an indie direct?

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to take this opportunity to clear another person's name. Krono on Gamefaqs was accused of the Seven Squares and basically just begrudgingly accepted it because of Vergeben and Sabi's blossoming efame. As you all know, it caused a number of people to lose their jobs and more or less lead Hitagi and Xenother to retire. Krono was innocent and, like Paragon, the community owes him an apology:
Are you saying that the "Paragon leak" was something that Sabi and/or Verge fabricated to ruin his reputation?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wanted to take this opportunity to clear another person's name. Krono on Gamefaqs was accused of the Seven Squares and basically just begrudgingly accepted it because of Vergeben and Sabi's blossoming efame. As you all know, it caused a number of people to lose their jobs and more or less lead Hitagi and Xenother to retire. Krono was innocent and, like Paragon, the community owes him an apology:
If all you're gonna do with this is guilt trip people, you should leave. Sabi's the villain here who's actually screwing people over, remember?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well no matter what there's a Sony and a Nindie Direct tomorrow so we won't hit another lull in stuff to talk about.

Though that might be what we need right now given the tension.

D

Deleted member

Yeah you’re right, I’m thinking I got my robohuman terms mixed up. Fixed it right after I posted. Good catch
Fun nerd fact: That's why Androids 17 and 18 in DBZ are called 'C17' and 'C18' in Japan, because they're cyborgs and not Androids. The Androids was a mistranslation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"retire" lol

this **** lame my dude
Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware exposing fraud was "lame" or would you prefer to go back to "Guess Who" based on the e-celeb you all claim to resent? Didn't realize people losing their jobs was so "trivial" and people responsible for this were honestly meant to be held in high esteem despite all the infighting it's caused in the last year.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Just backing up Sabi's reply, the original poster seems to ignore the fact that both Banjo and Donkey Kong are technically in the same world due to Banjo's cameos.

So I don't think people can use "KOS-MOS isn't a new world" as an excuse. When Banjo technically also does that.

Personally, I am hopeful of her chances; but I'm still taking it with a huge spoonful of salt.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Imagine thinking that illegally leaking private company information to a large group of angry, fairly vitriolic manchildren wouldn't lead to you or your associates getting ****ed.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What Sabi did to Krono was pretty bad, but Iiiii don't think this is the place for this...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware exposing fraud was "lame" or would you prefer to go back to "Guess Who" based on the e-celeb you all claim to resent? Didn't realize people losing their jobs was so "trivial" and people responsible for this were honestly meant to be held in high esteem despite all the infighting it's caused in the last year.
sir this is a children's party game speculation thread

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heh looks like something has happened in my absence. Been cleaning the house then played with my dogs.

So if I'm hearing correctly there's evidence leaning towards KOS-MOS' inclusion?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are you implying that the "Paragon leak"was something Sabi fabricated?
Sabi didn’t fabricate it, but he did accuse Paragon of trying to mock his C&D situation despite Paragon claiming to have a C&D before Sabi. Sabi has apparently blackmailed people, too, including his NoA source.

Heh, Sabi goes from seeming cool and nice, to being full of himself, and now this crap.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The point is to clear someone's name who was "cancelled" by the community and, again, was blamed for one of the biggest Smash scandals in the past year.
I've legit never heard of Krono until now. I fail to see how he was "cancelled."

And not to minimod but this really isn't the place for this after the mods told you to stop in the Geno thread.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
The point is to clear someone's name who was "cancelled" by the community and, again, was blamed for one of the biggest Smash scandals in the past year.
Again, we didn’t cancel anyone. We are not the entire community. We don’t care about leaker drama. This is the Newcomer Speculation thread. All we do is s**tpost about Kasumi and Baboom and Darth Vader.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The screenshots aren't working for me so I don't know what's being said, but I remember that incident during the Erdrick debates. Why did he just accept it?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What Sabi did to Krono was pretty bad, but Iiiii don't think this is the place for this...
Okay, where should I go with it? I don't have Twitter and multiple people including Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom asked me not to put it in the Geno thread. Honest question: where would I go with this? A simple suggestion and I'll bounce or even request posts to be moved.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Your images aren't loading for me

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Heh looks like something has happened in my absence. Been cleaning the house then played with my dogs.

So if I'm hearing correctly there's evidence leaning towards KOS-MOS' inclusion?
"Evidence" is not the term I would use. Just some odd stuff coming from Verge.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Okay, where should I go with it? I don't have Twitter and multiple people including Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom asked me not to put it in the Geno thread. Honest question: where would I go with this? A simple suggestion and I'll bounce or even request posts to be moved.
That's what I honestly don't know, I'm afraid. I just feel this isn't the place for it, at any rate... but I don't really know what is.

Again, we didn’t cancel anyone. We are not the entire community. We don’t care about leaker drama. This is the Newcomer Speculation thread. All we do is s**tpost about Kasumi and Baboom and Darth Vader.
I swear to god if there is a Photoshop Babumivader out there in the wild

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Verge said their source said “not sure” in relation to KOS-MOS, which just sounds like he’s trying to cover himself if the text leak is real.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember when the speculation community was about actual speculation and fans discussing characters they wanted instead of leaker culture and wannabe "insiders" trying to create drama? Good times.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
what codename leak?
there was a leak last month that got a few things (albeit fairly easy things) correct about Direct dates, BUT it had Banjo's dev codename ("Buddy") which would be incredibly hard to know at the time.

It said KOS-MOS was fighter #5.

If you believe Vergeben, KOS-MOS would be off the table.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
sony out here joining the nintendo/xbox party

makes you think
I honestly feel like this is being super underplayed.

A Sony character just became much more likely.

there was a leak last month that got a few things (albeit fairly easy things) correct about Direct dates, BUT it had Banjo's dev codename ("Buddy") which would be incredibly hard to know at the time.

Did it have Terry as "Dolly"? Because, in my opinion, that'd be a lot more impressive than guessing Banjo would be codenamed "Buddy".

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Remember when the speculation community was about actual speculation and fans discussing characters they wanted instead of leaker culture and wannabe "insiders" trying to create drama? Good times.
Nintendo (as far as I know) seem to be doing a really good job keeping this fighter under wraps for people to keep on arguing for attention like this, lol.

Sysreq

Smash Ace

Maybe something's changed since I went to bed last night, but someone admitted that they made the drunk cat leak that piggy backed off of the codename leak yesterday, which would kill it.

I know there's that other TGA leak, but I find it pretty shaky. I'm actually leaning towards KOS-MOS not being FP5, despite wanting her. If I get BTFO I don't really care since I win either way lol

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

Those are separate 4chan posts, and the KOS-MOS one is highly likely to be a copycat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom