• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wonder which indies they will show tomorrow.

Hopefully new stuff about Shovel Knight Dig.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
regular direct is out of the picture, then

this is better for a VGA reveal than some indie reveal during the direct itself

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Currently it seems like KOS-MOS but in antother 7 hours or so some crazy crap will go down and (Struggles to think of a character we haven't considered yet) Fantasy World Dizzy is the new hotness.
The European rep we deserve.

Manic Miner was robbed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So who are the front runners now???

I've seen more characters deconfirmed.
There have never been & never will be any "frontrunners", for my money. People buy into this roller-coaster of flimsy 'leaks' when the reality is that there's dozens, if not hundreds of possible inclusions, and in the absence of any 100% ironclad leak, any one of them could get in.

Indie Nintendo direct, I don't think we may get the announcement of FP5.
Cool! I hope we hear about Luna Nights or Antimony of Common Flowers coming to Switch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sweet. The only Smash thing I can see there is another Mii costume but I don't expect it.

I'm hoping for a release date for the full version of Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

The whole concept of front runners implies that the internet has control over the character's identity and that the character isn't set in stone until they are revealed.

There's also the weird thing where characters are considered less likely when a fake leak with them in it is debunked, when in reality, a character can be in hundreds of fakes and still make it.

D

Deleted member

If there’s no sign of shantae seven sirens anywhere then somthing is up
Would be cool if Wayforward made their own Direct-style presentation as Yatch Club Games did recently to announce the release date of King Of Cards alongside the reveal of Shovel Knight Dig.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Let's be real guys we aren't getting anything Smash related in a indie Direct.

So it's either Game Awards or later.

And uh... for the sake of speculation, I hope it's the former lol

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Seeing the Indie World announcement pop up in my feed nearly gave me a heart attack. Hopefully this does mean big stuff is hitting at the Game Awards. I don't really know what I want to see announced tomorrow...maybe more Touhou news or something I guess? Maybe a cool game will catch my eye. Last time we got Cadence of Hyrule, so.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Anyway, I'm switching my prediction to Game Guy based on the dream I had last night:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
It was a dream for you, but I wanted that s*** for years.

Retro Guy. This man is an Urban Champion with karate from Kung Fu. His projectile is a golf ball he swings using a hockey stick. He holds the zapper like Gumshoe. He rides an Excitebike. His stage is a Pinball level. He looks slightly like 8 bit Mario but generic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seeing the Indie World announcement pop up in my feed nearly gave me a heart attack. Hopefully this does mean big stuff is hitting at the Game Awards. I don't really know what I want to see announced tomorrow...maybe more Touhou news or something I guess? Maybe a cool game will catch my eye. Last time we got Cadence of Hyrule, so.
I personally hope for Shovel Knight Dig and Shante & The Seven Sirens stuff.

Probably alongside many other cool indie surprises.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If anything Smash related at the Indie World thing, I'm hoping for a Sans situation in which we get a Mii Costume and music but I highly, highly doubt it.

SKX31

Smash Master
Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are Chinese. Look out for any of these, they might show up on the eShop regardless of them having 0 % chance at Smash:

Games that are highly regarded include:

* To The Moon
* Chinese Parents
* Iris.Fall
* My Time at Portia

And there's also GameraGame, who's promised three titles to the Switch after the presentation.

So a lot of Indieworld might be taken up by those titles.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything Smash related at the Indie World thing, I'm hoping for a Sans situation in which we get a Mii Costume and music but I highly, highly doubt it.
Even that is way too much. Putting anything from Smash in an Indie Direct would steal attention away from the very indie games they're trying to use the Direct to promote.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Anyone. Seriously, no matter which character is currently popular in this thread, it doesn't mean that they are any more likely than another character. The idea of frontrunners is just silly IMO.
Never focus on a front runner kids. You’ll never know whether they’ll get hit by a blue shell or not. :p

D

Deleted member

Even that is way too much. Putting anything from Smash in an Indie Direct would steal attention away from the very indie games they're trying to use the Direct to promote.
Yeah, Nindies presentations are meant to be highlights to hidden gems from small independent companies chosen by Nintendo.

Having Smash in there would sadly ruin the main objective, since it takes out the spotlight of all these indie developers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been mentioned before:
It's just coincidental, but it's odd Sabi would reply to this. With Sabi not wanting to disconfirm Bamco previously and Vergeben's recent statements I'm starting to get a weird feeling about all of this.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know if this has been mentioned before:
It's just coincidental, but it's odd Sabi would reply to this. With Sabi not wanting to disconfirm Bamco previously and Vergeben's recent statements I'm starting to get a weird feeling about all of this.
After "The Thing from Another World", we're ready to present you, "The KOS-MOS from Another World"!

Sponsored by NordVPN.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
If we were to get an indie rep like Reimu or someone else, I doubt it'd be at an Indie Showcase stream since it'd divert attention away from the indie games. An Indie rep is something more fitting of an actual Nintendo direct IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

sony out here joining the nintendo/xbox party

makes you think
Yeah, I’m glad that Sony is finally opening themselves to crossplay.

In an ideal world, one would want to not find restrictions between each platform both multiplayer and singleplayer wise, and crossplay really helps break tropes heavily involved with the infamous console wars.

I honestly find crossplay as a great thing.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
After "The Thing from Another World", we're ready to present you, "The KOS-MOS from Another World"!

Sponsored by NordVPN.
Cue the Isekai memes

If we were to get an indie rep like Reimu or someone else, I doubt it'd be at an Indie Showcase stream since it'd divert attention away from the indie games. An Indie rep is something more fitting of an actual Nintendo direct IMO.
Yeah, people will talk more about the smash character rather than the interesting indie games on the Switch

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Sponsored by NordVPN and Raid Shadow Legends.
fixed :troll:

also yeah, we’re definitely not getting smash news in an indie direct. At this rate it’s TGA or bust

and for the sake of our collective sanity I hope it’s TGA

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wanted to take this opportunity to clear another person's name. Krono on Gamefaqs was accused of the Seven Squares and basically just begrudgingly accepted it because of Vergeben and Sabi's blossoming efame. As you all know, it caused a number of people to lose their jobs and more or less lead Hitagi and Xenother to retire. Krono was innocent and, like Paragon, the community owes him an apology:

Attachments

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Cue the Isekai memes

Yeah, people will talk more about the smash character rather than the interesting indie games on the Switch
Ah yeah, a Isekai where all the girls are actually part of The Thing and KOS-MOS must protect the MC from being assimilated.

Definitly watch it, two times, with my family, on Christmas.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Its lookin like KOS-MOS at the VGAs. The codename leak seems pretty legit.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to take this opportunity to clear another person's name. Krono on Gamefaqs was accused of the Seven Squares and basically just begrudgingly accepted it because of Vergeben and Sabi's blossoming efame. As you all know, it caused a number of people to lose their jobs and more or less lead Hitagi and Xenother to retire. Krono was innocent and, like Paragon, the community owes him an apology:
I haven’t heard of this guy before and I doubt the entire “community” has either. It’s a hasty generalization to assume that we were all somehow involved in this when it was really a select few people in the entire scene of Smash speculation who caused it to spiral. No offense to you or any of the users you mentioned, but I just don’t see it fit for me to need to apologize on the behalf of others.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven’t heard of this guy before and I doubt the entire “community” has either. It’s a hasty generalization to assume that we were all somehow involved in this when it was really a select few people in the entire scene of Smash speculation who caused it to spiral. No offense to you or any of the users you mentioned, I just don’t see it fit for me to need to apologize on the behalf of others.
Look, we gotta apologize to the liar who wants revenge on the NDA breaker on behalf of some people we've never heard of because-

Flyboy

Smash Hero
"retire" lol

this **** lame my dude

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree. Ultimate has revealed all of their newcomers at major events, which makes sense as it attracts the largest pool of people. I'll probably ignore this one.

Also on a side note, this is lining up with that "three major directs" theory I've been preaching about. Given we've already had 3 major directs this year, (February, E3, and September), FP 5 is either going to be revealed at the VGA or 2020.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I signed up for Smash speculation, not leaker celebrity gossip

Please, this isn't Drama Alert

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Its lookin like KOS-MOS at the VGAs. The codename leak seems pretty legit.
Yes, the one with codenames had legitimate information. The one without codenames that only shared the same picture? Maybe not so much in my opinion. There’s a reason why the original cat leak only mentioned Banjo and Hero only a week ahead of time. They didn’t mention Terry, or five, or even the character after that, unlike the second one, which didn’t even mention Terry’s codename.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom