• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Aw man, Geralt is now off the table :(
I'll admit, I'm playing The Witcher 3 at the moment, and am going to replay it on the Switch soon too, so I'm experiencing recency bias in wanting Geralt, but I'm not fussed if he doesn't get in.

He probably won't.

I didn't think he'd fit in at first, but then I look at Snake and then I can see that it is possible.

No joke, casting Quen non stop and rendering every attack nullified would be amusing as heck. Spamming firestream Igni would be pretty great too xD

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
That must be the biggest lie I've ever heard.
Okay, then what grocery store you do go to? Is it because they’re reliable on the goods you want, their prices, quality, quality, or whatever. There is soemthing you expect from them.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit, I'm playing The Witcher 3 at the moment, and going to replay it on the Switch soon too, so I'm experiencing recency bias in wanting Geralt, but I'm not fussed if he doesn't get in.

He probably won't.

I didn't think he'll fit in at first, but then I look at Snake and then I can see that it is possible.

No joke, casting Quen non stop and rendering every attack nullified would be amusing as heck. Spamming firestream Igni would be pretty great too xD
Yeah I honestly believe that after Snake, Bayonetta and Joker a good amount of characters from mature games can actually work really well in Smash.

Geralt being one of those.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If this couple of posters weren't so persistent on their particular brands of insanity I would be tempted to write them off as false flaggers. Reminder that both of them have admitted to not playing Xenosaga and seem to make it their personal mission to sour all discussion regarding kos-mos and piss off everyone, friend and foe alike. One supports her literally only because she's a woman, the other is some wacko conspiracy theorist obsessed with trying to understand Sakurai's thought process regarding picks (something that never works).
Is it even a conspiracy? If you ask me, this is just a lucky position we are heavily unlikely to see again. I just make it seem over complex than it has to, since this stuff is simple to myself.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say KOS-MOS is the one that the circumstantial evidence points to at the minute but for now it's just that, circumstantial.

There's still a few more I think it could be and I'm not counting out Phoenix Wright just yet.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Is it even a conspiracy? If you ask me, this is just a lucky position we are heavily unlikely to see again. I just make it seem over complex than it has to, since this stuff is simple to myself.
That's not a good thing. It's always better to be simple when trying to explain things. Though I think it's your contrarianism and baseless assumptions that get people upset with you.

I.D.

Smash Lord
How about I present a much more simple and plausible scenario for kos-mos getting in, assuming she even gets in:

1. Takahashi and/or Harada approach Sakurai and ask him to put her in the game, not unlike Kojimbo did in the past with Snake
2. Sakurai says yes
3. It's decided she gets added as DLC to make it easier to split profits between Nintendo and Namco

woah

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
That’s because people simply called too many victories too early. Kosmos legitimately has everything. She has Sakurai’s xenoblade bias, the Rex cut, Namco’s usage bias, no Lloyd, Nintendo’s dlc satisfaction for xenoblade customers, constant weird leaks about her (even one from Vergeben), Lloyd’s and Heihaichi’s copyrights (which are likely for mii costumes), the formal final slot, Namco’s heavy involvement/praise on Ultimate, no Namco mii costumes, Jon predicting Kosmos at TGA after bing pissed off, and a pretty strong, weirdly specific, connection with daisy in the dlc pic and the +1 pacman from the ultimate anniversary images, if you don’t remember, Sakurai refers to Pac-Man as “Namco’s character” in the Terry video. Seriously, the list of reasons is goddamn ridiculous.
I know you say you don't have an attachment to KOSMOS but I'm convinced otherwise. Maybe you think people will take you seriously and not think your bias is clouding your judgement

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"Another anime character"

If, IF, it does turn out to be Kos-Mos that would mean that this is the first female of the Pass, the first android in Smash, the first character to use laser canons, and the first 3rd part character to be canonical to a first party game to ever get in. She's got a lot of things going for her besides "anime" but like it's a Japanese game. You don't have lots of them but this? This is a bruh moment.
:ultmegaman:: “Am I a joke to you?”

other than that, yeah, bruh moment indeed

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm not even gonna bother updating that deconfirm list, I'm too lazy, the VGAs are 3-4 days from now anyways (and I'm still assuming that VR plant guy is gonna drop something a couple days earlier than that), and people are probably still in "**** Verge and Sabi" mode after last night.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I know you say you don't have an attachment to KOSMOS but I'm convinced otherwise. Maybe you think people will take you seriously and not think your bias is clouding your judgement
It’s hard to care for people’s thoughts when they’re only interested in picking me apart for stuff they’re too cynical about. They’re basically teenagers who haven’t left high school.

I’m just interested in summarizing almost every detail on my research, no matter who complains about it. In summary, it’s just Sakurai was butt hurt about Rex and he took a constellation prize from Namco, Kosmos, as soon as he could, since he didn’t expect further Dlc demands from the Joker impression. Nintendo on the other hand decided to put a huge pay wall of a mii costume as long it kept their image clean and made the fishies hungrier.

I will admit I over analyze stuff, but it’s because it’s a passion to try understand things and how they function.
I'm not even gonna bother updating that deconfirm list, I'm too lazy, the VGAs are 3-4 days from now anyways (and I'm still assuming that VR plant guy is gonna drop something a couple days earlier than that), and people are probably still in "**** Verge and Sabi" mode after last night.
It’s completely understandable. It’s almost pointless at this point to keep in track of that train wreck.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
and then it ends up being a different Takahashi (Keita) and not KOS-MOS but Cosmos, the Prince of to be exact!

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Considering the events that transpired these past few days, KC Comics™ ensures its 3 loyal viewers that the next deconfirmation side story will be the best one yet. Same goes for the Fatman main storyline. Y'all have provided us with countless source material to work with recently. We may have to make it a two-part special. Will we witness the rise and fall of our cake crusader? Stay tuned. Same fat time, same fat channel.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I'm curious how many more backtracks Vergeben will take.
"Actually my source hasn't heard the name 'Doomguy' specifically but he might be in under a different name."
"Actually my source confused the copyright of Puyo Puyo Arle with Madou Monogatari Arle, so she might still be in."
"Actually my source thought Apollo Justice was Phoenix Wright, he thinks they're generic anime lawyers and can't distinguish the two."

BlackInk

Smash Lord
"Actually my source hasn't heard the name 'Doomguy' specifically but he might be in under a different name."
"Actually my source confused the copyright of Puyo Puyo Arle with Madou Monogatari Arle, so she might still be in."
"Actually my source thought Apollo Justice was Phoenix Wright, he thinks they're generic anime lawyers and can't distinguish the two."
The first backwards was from his ESL thing and the Kosmos backwards was from the source being legitimately unaware of Kosmos’s company associations. I think it’s too dramatic.

D

Deleted member

My suggestion is just to ignore insiders at this point and go on our own.

We are getting too invested and frustrated over their word, so the best thing to do is to just disconnect from the stuff they say until the Game Awards come and we see what does happen in the end.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Update:
The proof that Drunk Cat could be fake was discovered to be easily editable and they weren’t able to provide more concrete evidence (like a video of them making it) so at the moment, it’s unclear if the Cat’s lives ran out or not. Best be cautious of it though.

Just don’t go after the person and we shall be golden!

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
It’s hard to care for people’s thoughts when they’re only interested in picking me apart for stuff they’re too cynical about. They’re basically teenagers who haven’t left high school.

I’m just interested in summarizing almost every detail on my research, no matter who complains about it. In summary, it’s just Sakurai was butt hurt about Rex and he took a constellation prize from Namco, Kosmos, as soon as he could, since he didn’t expect further Dlc demands from the Joker impression. Nintendo on the other hand decided to put a huge pay wall of a mii costume as long it kept their image clean and made the fishies hungrier.

I will admit I over analyze stuff, but it’s because it’s a passion to try understand things and how they function.

It’s completely understandable. It’s almost pointless at this point to keep in track of that train wreck.
Yeah but like many others have pointed out the evidence you draw up which you hype up as well, uncircumstantial is circumstantial at most. I wouldn't call someone pointing something glaringly obvious out a 'teenager who hasn't left in high school' when that can be spun back to where it came from. And like before Kosmos is not a constellation prize for Rex. That'd be me saying Nightmare would be compensation for Heihachi. They are from completely different series with only the xeno being a commonality and are both owned by different companies. The point which you seemingly think Is the most major is fairly absurd and this is a major reason as to why I think your bias is clouding your judgement. I understand supporting a character and trying to prove their inclusion, you do that but I don't understand making arguments which make little sense out of bias which has also been pointed out by several people but you still continue to use it. I'd like another KOSMOS supporter to see if they agree or disagree with the arguments you provided and I have to say that most would probably end up in the latter

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know the chances are super slim and there's very little to even support this happening, but I feel like the greatest Game Awards reveal would be either Sora or, even better, Sephiroth. Sephiroth is one of the most well known videogame villains and recognized on sight whether people have played FF7 or not. It would go fantastic with a trailer showing off more of the remake coming in March next year as well.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I’m confused as to how a source can confidently disconfirm a whole slew of characters and therefore know the character but can somehow be “not sure” on KOS-MOS? It sounds like Verge is scared to lose his credibility so he’s not giving a definitive answer on her.

D

Deleted member

I know the chances are super slim and there's very little to even support this happening, but I feel like the greatest Game Awards reveal would be either Sora or, even better, Sephiroth. Sephiroth is one of the most well known videogame villains and recognized on sight whether people have played FF7 or not. It would go fantastic with a trailer showing off more of the remake coming in March next year as well.
Sephiroth and Sora would both be awesome!

As you said, Sephiroth is one of the most iconic gaming villains alongside Bowser, Eggman and Ganondorf. Having him in Smash would be really fitting!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I’m confused as to how a source can confidently disconfirm a whole slew of characters and therefore know the character but can somehow be “not sure” on KOS-MOS? It sounds like Verge is scared to lose his credibility so he’s not giving a definitive answer on her.
This is a huuuuuge red flag for me. In order to know that a character's not in, by definition, you have to know who is in. You can't be "not sure". I don't take this as confirmation for KOS-MOS, to be clear, just as an indication that all this deconfirmation stuff is likely nonsense.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Yeah but like many others have pointed out the evidence you draw up which you hype up as well, uncircumstantial is circumstantial at most. I wouldn't call someone pointing something glaringly obvious out a 'teenager who hasn't left in high school' when that can be spun back to where it came from
I don’t know about that. They don’t really bring up anything from Nintendo or their policies, but man they whine a lot about the lack of represention in smash ultimate or “the big evil cooperation”.

SKX31

Smash Master
My suggestion is just to ignore insiders at this point and go on our own.

We are getting too invested and frustrated over their word, so the best thing to do is to just disconnect from the stuff they say until the Game Awards come and we see what does happen in the end.
Yeah - I haven't weighed in on the leakers that much, but really, Verge, Sabi and Fatman made a couple of really silly and avoidable mistakes. The list (and the backtracks), the flamewar, yikes. Honestly, what makes it worse in my eyes is that this was exactly the wrong time to do it - right before a highly anticipated event in the Game Awards. It feels really weird that the rumors / leaks regarding the Chinese launch proved to be a lot more reliable (not 100 % true AFAIK but still). Maybe we should keep a closer eye on Tencent screwing up in the future.

Speaking of which, T Minus 2 hours until the Switch launches there.

D

Deleted member

Yeah - I haven't weighed in on the leakers that much, but really, Verge, Sabi and Fatman made a couple of really silly and avoidable mistakes. The list (and the backtracks), the flamewar, yikes. Honestly, what makes it worse in my eyes is that this was exactly the wrong time to do it - right before a highly anticipated event in the Game Awards. It feels really weird that the rumors / leaks regarding the Chinese launch proved to be a lot more reliable (not 100 % true AFAIK but still). Maybe we should keep a closer eye on Tencent screwing up in the future.

Speaking of which, T Minus 2 hours until the Switch launches there.

Hopefully the Chinese market enjoys the Switch a lot!

It probably has been tough to get the console on sale over there, but hopefully all the efforts pay up in the end!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sephiroth and Sora would both be awesome!

As you said, Sephiroth is one of the most iconic gaming villains alongside Bowser, Eggman and Ganondorf. Having him in Smash would be really fitting!
I can see it going over well by giving the audience a new trailer for the FF7 Remake and at the end of it, dropping the teaser-trailer for him making it into smash (coming down and piercing the Invite envelope instead of Aerith would be cool lol).

Again, I know it's not happening, but its fun to imagine. I wouldn't be opposed to Dr. Robotnik, though. He'd make a good addition opposite Sonic.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
That may well be the case. Verge could have just asked his source to clarify instead of running to Gfaqs and posting about it. He may be spooked that the TGA leak has some circumstantial stuff going for it and wanted to get out a statement that could cover him in the off chance it's real.

D

Deleted member

I can see it going over well by giving the audience a new trailer for the FF7 Remake and at the end of it, dropping the teaser-trailer for him making it into smash (coming down and piercing the Invite envelope instead of Aerith would be cool lol).

Again, I know it's not happening, but its fun to imagine. I wouldn't be opposed to Dr. Robotnik, though. He'd make a good addition opposite Sonic.
Robotnik would be cool too!

D

Deleted member

That may well be the case. Verge could have just asked his source to clarify instead of running to Gfaqs and posting about it. He may be spooked that the TGA leak has some circumstantial stuff going for it and wanted to get out a statement that could cover him in the off chance it's real.
This thread moves several pages per day and I tend to only visit every other day. What's this TGA leak that's got some life to it?

D

Deleted member

Dang it the image uploaded is messing up again, I really hope they get it fixed by Thursday or else all the memes I’ve stockpiled will go to waste!
Just stay positive about the staff fixing it for the awaited day!

And if not... there’s always the next day to share all the memes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom