• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
In KOS-MOS' defense

you didn't see people on this website going ham for Terry Bogard :dr^_^:

the **** does Zinith Zinith have to dow ith this
Still, both Banjo and Terry had good reasons for their inclusion, one being a long requested former firstvparty and the other being the face of the series that inspired Smash's creation.

I don't see any real reason for KOS-MOS aside from shilling MonolithSoft.

Also What's Team Zenith?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's trademarked by him, I can't say it or else I'll get a copyright infringement.
self-insert groups are automatically at the bottom of bottom tier

i'd rather be a kos-mos stan and that's saying a lot

Haruka Amami from Xenoglossia, son.
Xeno, Salamis from Greece

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamis_Island#Xeno

because xenosaga is a damn good trilogy?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Still, both Banjo and Terry had good reasons for their inclusion, one being a long requested former firstparty and the other being the face of the series that inspired Smash's creation.

Also What's Team Zenith?
And Joker's in because Sakurai really loves Persona 5, to the point that he modeled a lot of Ultimate after it.

Sometimes, Sakurai really just does what he wants.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
And it's still all just random 4chan leaks.

Until you can get Vergeben or Sabi to stake their rep on it, it means just as much as when everyone was assuming Kratos or Phoenix Wright.

I wouldn't even mind KOS MOS but this really is putting the Ass in Assume.
Literally none of the stuff I’ve said in there has a connection with 4chan. It’s just some stuff about Sakurai and what they literally did with the pass.

Sakurai IS an important person to take account for because he leads the game. Sakurai is biased towards the xeno stuff. There are sources on how it is weird for Shulk to come into smash 4, Sakuria coming to xeno concerts. Rex is literally the only mii Sakurai has ever apologized for. Sakurai prefers to make deals with eastern companies far more than western companies, even when the Western companies don’t have a hard time with him (think Banjo and the lack of mii costumes for his series).

Why don’t people research the dude so they know what the hell HE WANTS?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Literally none of the stuff I’ve said in there has a connection with 4chan. It’s just some stuff about Sakurai and what they literally did with the pass.

Sakurai IS an important person to take account for because he leads the game. Sakurai is biased towards the xeno stuff. There are sources on how it is weird for Shulk to come into smash 4, Sakuria coming to xeno concerts. Rex is literally the only mii Sakurai has ever apologized for. Sakurai prefers to make deals with eastern companies far more than western companies, even when the Western companies don’t have a hard time with him (think Banjo and the lack of mii costumes for his series).

Why don’t people research the dude?
"Literally none of the stuff I've said in there has a connection to 4chan"

"She appears in a lot of leaks"

Sure Jan.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

Fighter #1: Who da heck is that?
Fighter #2: Character you despise.
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for.
Fighter #4: Character from a new game
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?!
This is pretty late but I can't pass this up, especially since I was tagged.

Fighter #1: That Saber chick that everyone was going on about
Fighter #2: Create a Characters in general
Fighter #3; Sgt. Cortez baby! It's Time to Split!
Fighter #4: Rillaboom I guess (I don't think about new characters much)
Fighter #5: Any indie characters

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And Joker's in because Sakurai really loves Persona 5, to the point that he modeled a lot of Ultimate after it.

Sometimes, Sakurai really just does what he wants.
Wasn't Sakurai like a really big fan of the UI of Persona 5 specifically?

Like yeah, he really like the game, but I remember hearing that it was the UI of P5 that really sticked in Sakurai's mind the most, hence why the UI of Ultimate is so close to it.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Whether she ends up in the game or not, I'm honestly still baffled you think this hints at KOS-MOS.
It takes low brain power to not consider to please the xenoblade 2 audience when Rex’s costume is behind a 25$ pay wall. If I was wrong, they played stupid stunts on a group of fans THEY’RE TRYING TO GROW, after they mocked them with the worst possible way to deliver the worst possible news for them. I just expect them to be smarter than that.

Shroob

Sup?
It takes low brain power to not consider to please the xenoblade 2 audience when Rex’s costume is behind a 25$ pay wall. If I was wrong, they played stupid stunts on a group of fans THEY’RE TRYING TO GROW, after they mocked them with the worst possible way to deliver the worst possible news for them. I just expect them to be smarter than that.
They didn't 'mock' anyone. Mii costumes don't 'mock' anyone, that's just fans being salty.

You have an unhealthy attachment to this game.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Uhh what?
How is Sakurai apologizing on camera and offering compensation to Xenoblade 2 fans a mockery?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
"Literally none of the stuff I've said in there has a connection to 4chan"

"She appears in a lot of leaks"

Sure Jan.
Sure Jan. You quoted the a response to a different question, which didn’t say anything about leaks in regards to doom guy and geno.

Shroob

Sup?
Sure Jan. You quoted the a response to a different question, which didn’t say anything about leaks in regards to doom guy and geno.
.......what the hell do Doom Guy and Geno have to do with any of this?

This discussion has always been about KOS MOS.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sakurai doesn't owe the Xenoblade fan base anything just because Rex is a Mii costume.

The decision to lock it behind the fighter pass is baffling, yes, but I'd chalk it up to nothing more than just a poor business practice.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Sakurai really needs to ask Harada for a "Don't Ask me for ****" shirt huh

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only bad thing about the Mii Rex costume being lock is that you can't access to the best character of the game, as demonstrate here:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ok, if that was their tactic, what level of brain power does it take to suggest a cameo from a different series caters to the XC2 audience more successfully than simply including the actual protagonist that was once largely demanded and would've otherwise made it in base?

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai doesn't owe the Xenoblade fan base anything just because Rex is a Mii costume.

The decision to lock it behind the fighter pass is baffling, yes, but I'd chalk it up to nothing more than just a poor business practice.
Imagine talking about small brain

When the real small brain is thinking that Sakurai owes a fanbase something because he apologized about having to put a character as a Mii costume.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Xenoblade 2 got three songs in Smash, a Nia Mii costume and an abundance of spirits, one of which even inspired a free new costume for Mythra that was released in actual Xenoblade 2. Meanwhile, fans of other games relatively new around Smash's reveal got next to nothing, with the only other "winner" being Spring Man as an assist trophy. Who did not come with any music. Xenoblade 2 was done just fine, in fact, it got more representation than most Switch titles.

Rex with Pyra/Mythra has been one of my most wanted newcomers since I played the game. But all things considered, we are not owed anything, we have Shulk, and we got more Xenoblade 2 content than I ever would have expected given how close to Smash it was released. The Rex Mii costume is weird, yes, but this is blowing it way out of proportion.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
They didn't 'mock' anyone. Mii costumes don't 'mock' anyone, that's just fans being salty.

You have an unhealthy attachment to this game.
The mii costumes are 0.75$. That’s acceptable. The real problem putting a $25 pass pay wall on the Rex mii.

Shroob

Sup?
Ok, if that was their tactic, what level of brain power does it take to suggest a cameo from a different series caters to the XC2 audience more successfully than simply including the actual protagonist that was once largely demanded and would've otherwise made it in base?
Whoa now

Slow down

We wouldn't want to accidentally upgrade to medium size brain too quickly

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What every BlackInk post basically boils down to:

Edit: God damn you image uploader!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw man, Geralt is now off the table :(

KOS-MOS is now in an interesting spot. The "not sure" response despite Namco reps being deconfirmed surely makes development more fascinating to see. Maybe the reason they're "not sure" is because of the 4chan post itself, but I haven't actually seen the post itself to see if that could be the case.

Dynasty Warriors is still in the running though, and with 4 days left until the Game Awards, who knows where we'll go from there.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I guess I failed to get answer should I not or and where to post this in other thread so I'll just throw it in here.
Things I find interesting from Sakurai's book.
- He knows some are serious, but he doesn't think characters like Ironman and Goku will happen. (p27)
- DLC could say shortening the life span of its franchise. For Smash those characters could join in next time. But Smash is also not a title to think about continuation so doing his best every time. (p27)
- He wants Smash to be more casual and see non-competitive tournaments. Smash is a party game. But he also knows he is not the one to plan those. (p31)
- In Smash for days, there was restriction of a time span to offer updates and 3DS had a limited number of times to update. So Wii U version had to do the same. This is why Lucas, Roy, and Ryu released at the same time. (p33)
- If it's a one time purchase type of game, then it's more efficient for the company to start making the next game than keep updating. (p59)
- Updates are normal thing these days, but still they are voluntary service. (p59)
- He always thinks it's important to hear voices from people not speaking up. Real beginners don't speak up. (p61)
- The plan of Smash Ultimate completed December 16th 2015. It's a coincidence, but was the same day of the last Smash for direct. (p63)
- He is not thinking of doing Smash ballot again. It was used in Smash Ultimate's development very much. (p63)
- Beyonetta was the first pick among realisable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected. (p63)
- He was making the plans for Smash Ultimate during the vacation he got after Smash for DLC was done. (p69)
- He treats character's individuality as its own game itself. All the unique systems certain characters has are all newly built just for him/her. (p69)
- It's already had proven true that joining as a character in Smash has advertising effect. (p99)
- He played through beta version of Zelda BotW to the end in 2 days during the Smash Ultimate development because he needed to know how new Link works before anyone else. (p125)
- He thinks games should not be created based on researched data alone and saying games only born to imitate other games are misfortune. Those data should be used for marketings or managements, not to plan new games. Old data are old. (p133)
- (Speaking of Super Nintendo World) 60 billion yen is enough to make every Smash game up to Ultimate and more with couple ten billion of changes. Not many Japanese games have budgets over 10 billion yen. (p139)
- He wish there were Smash Area in Super Nintendo World. (p139)
- Smash Ultimate's DLC wasn't a thing at the time around Famitsu column vol. 546 January 11th 2018, and it was planned without the developers will. (p165)
- DLC developments in general take time, so by the time of the release, the market will be much smaller than it used to be. DLC business is very risky than people might think. (p165)
- They are not something sell that much so it's difficult to gather staffs. Sometimes better to move on to the next game. (p165)
- He is not fond of the idea of the season pass. Its a little scary to buy without knowing the contents. (p165)
- Omega and battlefield for every stages take a lot more work than people might think. (p187)
- HAL Laboratory, Inc. is still on the credits list, but not involved in the development anymore. (p188)
- If you think about the completion of the development, bringing back everyone is not something you should do. (p189)
- The team was very careful of leaks at E3 2018. They didn't use printed promotional materials to avoid leaks. "Everyone is here" wasn't known even in Nintendo so the when it happened Nintendo staffs were also screaming. (p190)
- Smash tend to have characters from older series. But just old characters wouldn't make Smash worthy. If there is no new series, then the selection of the characters will be from the old series. (p199)
- People say "why they can't do this easy stuff?" but there is always a reason for that, One correction could cause another bug. (p205)
- The story idea of World of Light was already existed since Smash Brawl. (p208)
- He doesn't follow internets reaction so didn't know all the fan predictions. (p209)
- The idea of the Spirits is kind of the last resort. He is not sure he'll be making another gameplay like the Spirits. (p211)
- There was a plan to include a map like the Spirits to the Adventure Mode in Smash Melee. (p211)
- He said he took a long vacation, but actually he was just taking breaks as the calendar goes. He has a cat so he can't go for a long trip. (p214)
- By the time of the end of March 2019, the online win ratio of every character are very close to each other at the point he almost thinks better not to change anymore. (p216)
- There are metas, so just certain characters were strong at that time is not good enough reason to make them change. (p216)
- He always thinks it's important to hear voices from people not speaking up. Real beginners don't speak up. (p61)
Smash speculators are getting too old. That includes me too. We aren't anymore beginners of this never-ending cycle of thoughts and gazed too much into shining bright stars in the darkness that eventually turned us into just a bunch of thick-headed conservative authoritarians.

Shroob

Sup?
Aw man, Geralt is now off the table :(

KOS-MOS is now in an interesting spot. The "not sure" response despite Namco reps being deconfirmed surely makes development more fascinating to see. Maybe the reason they're "not sure" is because of the 4chan post itself, but I haven't actually seen the post itself to see if that could be the case.

Dynasty Warriors is still in the running though, and with 4 days left until the Game Awards, who knows where we'll go from there.
Is Dynasty Warriors even in the running?

I know RotK is probably public Domain but they're still all based on either real or fictional people from a book, right?

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Whoa now

Slow down

We wouldn't want to accidentally upgrade to medium size brain too quickly
Why don’t any of you make the simple suggested to NOT put the Rex costume behind a big pay wall to avoid the situation. Instead, why not add it as a typical .75$ mii costume to please the audience if you know that there is nothing in the fighter’s pass that can please his fans?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why don’t any of you make the simple suggested to NOT put the Rex costume behind a big pay wall to avoid the situation. Instead, why not add it as a typical .75$ mii costume to please the audience if you know that there is nothing in the fighter’s pass that can please his fans?
ask sakurai not us

you act like you know the guy and all of his thoughts

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm a Rex fan and I'm quite pleased with the fighter pass.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Those 3 days are going to feel longer than they should, isn't it?

EDIT: Oh freak, right, images are broke.

Fun

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
For all we know, it may be done like that AFTER the pass is over. We don't know. As is, it's basically acting like a bonus item.

As scummy as it can come across, it's pretty bog standard for most games to do stuff like this, being pack in a bonus item that can only be obtained if you buy the DLC as a bundle and not separately.

It's really just a business model that's not even new.

Shroob

Sup?
I just realized Travis is still alive somehow. People are using the GX video as evidence for KOSMOS and they also talked about Travis so hmmmmmmmmm.
They're using the GX video? Which one? Their top 100 list didn't even rank her that highly iirc, was like... top 40ish?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just realized Travis is still alive somehow. People are using the GX video as evidence for KOSMOS and they also talked about Travis so hmmmmmmmmm.
please god be travis

travis getting in over kos-mos would be a hilarious upset considering leakers threw travis down literally day one of DLC speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom