• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Hold on, isn't KOS-MOS 100% owned by Namco and they'll just loan her out for cameos and stuff? Because if so, Verge has some faulty info here.
Sega 100% owns Bayonetta, but Nintendo owns Bayonetta's Bayo 2 design. If Nintendo owns her Xenoblade 2 design, that could be the source of the confusion, since that's very likely to be the design they use in Smash.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

Fighter #1: Who da heck is that?
Fighter #2: Character you despise.
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for.
Fighter #4: Character from a new game
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?!
Why not.

• Ryu Hayabusa. If that's not niche enough, then Dark Matter
  • Reimu. Can't stand her fanbase, and think she'd be a super annoying zoner, but whatever.
  • Geno/Phoenix, its a toss-up
  • Travis Touchdown, if it's only specifically new characters and not new games than something from RoR2, IDK
  • Master Chief

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The reason I'm thinking it's not KOS-MOS.
1. Technically, it's not a "new world" she's in the greater Xeno series with Shulk. Very much a Geno situation.
2. Verge already deconfirmed Bandai-Namco, which owns KOS-MOS. This would be a MAJOR backtrack.
3. It just doesn't seem like a character that would be revealed at TGA. Too niche.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Man Blonde looks like the new Red.

And Green looks like a blank page.

Guess the alts will be more interesting than I thought!
Haute couture is all about Page Not Found these days. The Emperor's New Clothes are in season.

Isn't that the one that said we'll be getting Xenogears spirits with her?

Yeahhhhhh....

That's the one. Honestly I love Xenogears but what a waste of an arm-twisting especially with a company like Square Enix. Going to all the trouble and effort for .pngs of an RPG that isn't even Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 7?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
2. Verge already deconfirmed Bandai-Namco, which owns KOS-MOS. This would be a MAJOR backtrack.
I see you haven't been paying attention to what Verge is saying. He already knows this. He's trying to find out if there was a miscommunication.

D

Deleted member

1. Technically, it's not a "new world" she's in the greater Xeno series with Shulk. Very much a Geno situation.
3. It just doesn't seem like a character that would be revealed at TGA. Too niche.
  1. Xenosaga is an unrepresented series. It is different from Xenoblade Chronicles. It counts, even if it's a stretch.
  2. Verge has already backtracked with his last list, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was another lapse of communication somewhere.
  3. I agree, but who knows what Nintendo reveals at the VGA honestly. If it wasn't for Joker, all we'd have gotten last year was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3... Woohoo.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Nothing against KOS-MOS but again I think placing your faith in a character on 4chan leaks is just asking to be doomed to disappointment.
I mean this just isn’t fair and it’s obvious you guys are just hating at this point. But nah all the vergeben talk from other characters was all fine right? *sigh* Verg’s source is confused about her rights and the 4 chan leak has been on the dot so far.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
At this point, this whole deconfirmation cycle is getting absurd.

It was alright at first and somewhat believable, but with how Vergeben flopped with his big spree last time, and how random all these deconfirmations in are, if they even are, at this point there’s only three days left until VGAs and if we do get something, might as well just wait and be given a genuine reveal.

But knowing insider culture, he’ll try his damn hardest to try to leak something.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I see you haven't been paying attention to what Verge is saying. He already knows this. He's trying to find out if there was a miscommunication.
Does that change the fact of what I said?
Major backtrack.
Not saying it's impossible but
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. It's like Joker/Atlus/Sega. We can technically have an SMT character alongside a Persona character. Who even has that as a fan rule?
2. Let the superiors do tha talking.
3. Tell that to your close-mindedness.

I mean this just isn’t fair and it’s obvious you guys are just hating at this point. But nah all the vergeben talk from other characters was all fine right? *sigh* Verg’s source is confused about her rights and the 4 chan leak has been on the dot so far.
Let them be salty. It's normal.

At this point, this whole deconfirmation cycle is getting absurd.

It was alright at first and somewhat believable, but with how Vergeben flopped with his big spree last time, and how random all these deconfirmations in are, if they even are, at this point there’s only three days left until VGAs and if we do get something, might as well just wait and be given a genuine reveal.

But knowing insider culture, he’ll try his damn hardest to try to leak something.
Honestly that's all I'm doing at this point.

D

Deleted member

You can argue that old 5chan leak (the one with Joker and Erdrick only) was on the dot until Joker's gameplay was shown off and had no sign of Jack Frost. Then it was immediately thrown into the trash. I wouldn't hold my breath, given how historically disappointing these anonymous 4chan leaks are.

Meanwhile, Vergeben does have a solid track record that can be historically counted. Hell, Vergeben isn't even sure if KOS-MOS is deconfirmed now, which is good news for her. Come off it, mate. It ain't bashing, it's rational skepticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing Kos-mos being thrown around again but didn't Nazyrus Nazyrus confirm that the NoA source said no Bamco or Capcom? If Bandai Namco is out, how would Kos-mos make it in? I don't have a horse in this race but if Bandai is still on the table that opens up quite a few possibilities. Just found it odd that on PapaGeno's video was saying only Verge ruled out Bandai but shows a picture of Nazyrus claiming the NoA source ruled both companies out.

EDIT: This post -
Just got word from my NoA buddy. Definitely not Bamco (double RIP that one now), and…
NOT CAPCOM EITHER.
EDIT EDIT: Got my answer from the Kos-mos thread: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954?page=43#435

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, Vergeben does have a solid track record that can be historically counted. Hell, Vergeben isn't even sure if KOS-MOS is deconfirmed now, which is good news for her. Come off it, mate.
Which is why we're praying that Vergeben comes out with his statement ASAP.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I’m not putting too much faith into the 4chan leaks but if KOS-MOS is #5 I will be pleasantly surprised.
Also, being petty here but I will absolutely lol at all the salty people from a niche character getting in.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
You can argue that old 5chan leak (the one with Joker and Erdrick only) was on the dot until Joker's gameplay was shown off and had no sign of Jack Frost. Then it was immediately thrown into the trash. I wouldn't hold my breath, given how historically disappointing these anonymous 4chan leaks are.

Meanwhile, Vergeben does have a solid track record that can be historically counted. Hell, Vergeben isn't even sure if KOS-MOS is deconfirmed now, which is good news for her. Come off it, mate. It ain't bashing, it's rational skepticism.
I just feel some are so quick to say the leak means nothing. Why don’t you tell me why the kingdom hearts trailer got taken down and why it is still not up? How about the EU PR manager hinting at smt V? I bet if any of your other characters were in a 4 chan leak like this you’d be really happy. Show respect for some of us.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
As far as theoretical hype for KOS-MOS goes, 4/10. About on par with how indifferent I was with Terry.
Cons:
1. Meh character.

Pros:
1. New toy to play with.
2. Lesley doesn't make me sleep outside that night.

D

Deleted member

I am not being a hater.
Let them be salty. It's normal.
And I am not salty, me being skeptical doesn't make me either of those. This is the kind of attitude that makes me want to peace out of speculation because it seems like nobody can have a disagreement without insulting each other.

D

Deleted member

I’m not putting too much faith into the 4chan leaks but if KOS-MOS is #5 I will be pleasantly surprised.
Also, being petty here but I will absolutely lol at all the salty people from a niche character getting in.
And if you're wanting Reimu, well, you need us. Our leak has your character too, y'know?

Wait, Kratos is dead??
ITS HIS TIME BOIS
Glhf.

D

Deleted member

As far as theoretical hype for KOS-MOS goes, 4/10. About on par with how indifferent I was with Terry.
Cons:
1. Meh character.

Pros:
1. New toy to play with.
2. Lesley doesn't make me sleep outside that night.
I do hope you're actually meaning something or you're making a dirty joke.

Hahaha.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
  1. Lot of confusion here. They're different series so no, Xenosaga has no representation yet.
  2. Verge did say he's "not sure" on KOS-MOS on his recent post, so we still don't know if she's out yet.
  3. I don't think Nintendo cares too much about reveal timing. Hell, we once had Cranky Kong DLC for Tropical Freeze revealed at VGX 2013, for instance (TGA's predecessor)

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, what you're telling me is that Verge, who's source(s) claim to know who FP5 is, just go and blatantly disconfirm a bajillion characters, but once they stumble onto KOS-MOS - and keep in mind they know who FP5 is - they instead of "lol idk"

really

really

You either know it's KOS-MOS, or you don't know. But if you know it is KOS-MOS, but you can't say it's KOS-MOS, how do you move on from KOS-MOS without telling a lie? You can't say "no it isn't KOS-MOS" because that basically destroys Verge's credibility (and if you're leaking to Verge to begin with, you probably have some sort of a vested interest in his reputation maintaining intact if you're willing to play the disconfirm game to begin with), but if you say yes, that (probably) destroys your career since it seems like FP5 is privileged info that only a few have.

So, instead, you shrug your shoulders, say "idk", and move on without saying yes or no to the character that you know is going to be FP5.

Now, if Verge comes back with a definitive "yes" or "no", or his source(s) do the same to other characters by putting them in the weird "could be, could be not" limbo, then strongly reconsider the implications, but for now, it seems like his source(s) just got caught between a rock and a hard place and it is KOS-MOS by their hesitation to lay down the banhammer just like they did for everybody else before.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I do hope you're actually meaning something or you're making a dirty joke.

Hahaha.
No dirty jokes intended.
I intentionally avoid those to random girls on the internet.
You have no idea how many times I wanted to name you The LES-bian for how obsessed you are with women.
Guess that joke finally came out.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I can believe it. That sounds like a very Sakurai thing to do. Considering how the XB2 fans are the only fans that ever got an apology for their character not being playable lmao
I totally caught that behavior way before the leaks were on Kosmos’s side. I simply call it the “marketing theory “and it takes account on Sakurai’s emotions on Rex, the formal finality of the fighter’s pass, confirmed rules of the fighter’s pass (Reggie says “fighter is NEW to smash”), Namco’s mii costumes are missing because they are supposed to come with with a NAMCO fighter, and only making the 0.75 $ Rex costume accessible on a 25 $ pass means Nintendo HAS TO satisfy those guys. I even quoted an official statement from Reggie on how Nintendo WORLD President wanted ALL dlc (free or paid) to be pleasing for the audience.

People were just too cynical to look at the full and clear picture, simply wanted their fighter in the game (which is why they ignore the official statements about “NEW” or even the four pass characters that are correlated), or thought leaks were the only kinds of proof. They didn’t even counter me with proof of Nintendo screwing people over in the switch’s dlc... They just said, “patterns don’t exist” with crap that’s completely irrelevant to an actual structured pass. They heard Vergeben say, “no Namco” and called me delusional, when there were some reasonable doubts about his leaks. The more I look back on it, the more I’m willing to get little aggressive because it is filled with stupid crap. I hope they learn from this ****.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So, what you're telling me is that Verge, who's source(s) claim to know who FP5 is, just go and blatantly disconfirm a bajillion characters, but once they stumble onto KOS-MOS - and keep in mind they know who FP5 is - they instead of "lol idk"

really

really

You either know it's KOS-MOS, or you don't know. But if you know it is KOS-MOS, but you can't say it's KOS-MOS, how do you move on from KOS-MOS without telling a lie? You can't say "no it isn't KOS-MOS" because that basically destroys Verge's credibility (and if you're leaking to Verge to begin with, you probably have some sort of a vested interest in his reputation maintaining intact if you're willing to play the disconfirm game to begin with), but if you say yes, that (probably) destroys your career since it seems like FP5 is privileged info that only a few have.

So, instead, you shrug your shoulders, say "idk", and move on without saying yes or no to the character that you know is going to be FP5.

Now, if Verge comes back with a definitive "yes" or "no", or his source(s) do the same to other characters by putting them in the weird "could be, could be not" limbo, then strongly reconsider the implications, but for now, it seems like his source(s) just got caught between a rock and a hard place and it is KOS-MOS by their hesitation to lay down the banhammer just like they did for everybody else before.
The Chain of information

Person who knows FP5 > Unknown chain of people > Verge's Source > Verge > Us

Verge's source actually doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom