• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Dante is more of a combo character and the Knight has soul gauge. Anime swordies are plain.
Any character can be interesting regardless of the weapon they use. I will admit that the FE cast uses swords the blandest way possible, but they're all capable of using different weapons canonically. It's just a lot of them fight the same way due to time constraints... basically why it took Ganon 2 games to finally stop being similar to Captain Falcon.

Sometimes I wish FE chars were more properly designed so that people wouldn't be so opposed to literally anyone with a sword, you know the most common weapon used in fantasy? <.<

As long as a sword has a weird gimmick, like Shulk's Monado Arts or Cloud's Limit mechanic, a sword can be far more interesting than those weird sex kicks a lot of 64 fighters have, ground pounds, multi jabs, and spinny nairs.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I wish we got a Mii hat of a Metroid and a Mii Swordfighter costume of Yangus, ngl:
True, but if it were up to me, Yangus would be a full character. Brawler could work too though.

They worship a guy who got kicked out of Sabi's server as a god so I'm calling this as petty vengeance
As much as Fatman has a cult around him, it kinda sounds like he's talking about something serious here. As in, he implies Sabi has been doing things that are even more unethical than leaking sensitive information.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True, but if it were up to me, Yangus would be a full character. Brawler could work too though.

As much as Fatman has a cult around him, it kinda sounds like he's talking about something serious here. As in, he implies Sabi has been doing things that are even more unethical than leaking sensitive information.
Even worse.

He has messed up with a man who I legit dare to call too good for this world (Paragon).

I was suspecting that shady stuff was seriously going on behind the scenes all this time... but the fact Sabi dared to involve Paragon of all people into his mess is what has broke the straw for me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Dante is more of a combo character and the Knight has soul gauge. Anime swordies are plain.
Boy wa 'chu mean?
:ultcloud:Limit
:ultcorrin:Dragon Lunge
:ulthero:Command Selection
:ultike:Is a heavy
:ultlink:Remote Bomb
:ultmarth:Tipper
:ultlucina:You got me there
:ultswordfighter:You got me there (and ain't it a shame)
:ultrobin:Weapon break system
:ultroy:Erm...hilter?
:ultchrom:So much freaking damage
:ultshulk:Monado Arts
:ulttoonlink:Is a zoner
:ultyounglink:Good up close and far away

D

Deleted member

Fatman's cult is in direct opposition to the Churvh of Vergeben and as such it needs to be eliminated. All false Gods and their followers shall perish! The flame of Kencineroar shall burn you all!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Fatman's cult is in direct opposition to the Churvh of Vergeben and as such it needs to be eliminated. All false Gods and their followers shall perish! The flame of Kencineroar shall burn you all!
Clearly, the crests stars (sending dolls) are to blame.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So assuming that we do get a character reveal at the Game Awards (which is looking very likely now IMO), at what point during the show do you think we'll see FP #5 get revealed? I'm probably guess somewhere early on in the show.
I'm thinking two or three awards in, and the trailer will be a bait and switch.

So now I gotta watch all of them...

Dang, why does it have to start at 1:30?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
any evidence that gamexplain has info? I've seen people mention it... and there's the whole thing that happened with Jon calling out verge
They probably know more information than we do, but nothing substantial like who the next Super Smash Bros. DLC character is. If they did know something like that then I'd say any predictions they have are going to be false since leaking information is probably a big nono for them. Also if they did their discussions wouldn't likely be as organic feeling as they are.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
any evidence that gamexplain has info? I've seen people mention it... and there's the whole thing that happened with Jon calling out verge
Jon in particular leaked the entire Isabelle Direct.
Back in the Grinch days they pretty much dismissed the entire leak without any good evidence, which was weird for them since they talk about "good" leaks decently in depth.
When CacoMallow leaked, they did the exact same thing (barely covered the leak).
They definitely have a close relationship with Nintendo.

That said, their record is not 100%, so it's difficult to know if they're leaking or just speculating until after the fact. I would just take their words with a HUGE grain of salt, as they are probably just speculating currently.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
They probably know more information than we do, but nothing substantial like who the next Super Smash Bros. DLC character is. If they did know something like that then I'd say any predictions they have are going to be false since leaking information is probably a big nono for them. Also if they did their discussions wouldn't likely be as organic feeling as they are.
With Jon, he’s going to push it to flip off Sabi.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What's this about Sabi now? What did Fatman exactly say?
Here's the original post in question:
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1983#post-23717586

TL;DR: Sabi is maybe planning on retiring from leaking (whether in general or just about Smash doesn't seem to be specified) after TGAs. Fatman and Paragon talk about it a bit in a PM conversation. In it, Fatman calls out Sabi on grounds of harming others and general immorality, specifically leading on the Geno community and using them to rise to prominence even though Fatman did that too while Paragon is way more chill about the situation. The Geno thread is obviously on Fatman's side, and seem to be on track to attempt to cancel Sabi.

Will a religious war break out between the Cult of Fatman and the Sabi Stans? Only time will tell. Either way, get out your popcorn, because
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Long time since I have been here...how is everyone doing?
Well the Leakers seem to have declared war on each other.

Looking a little Three Houses around here.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Yeah, I imagine Fatman wouldn't have posted any of that had he not gotten kicked out of the server. Does it mean Sabi is a good person and everything written there is false? Nah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all true.

The thing is there's zero substance to that discord conversation. Geno thread being lead on? How? Sabi did a lot of bad things? Like what? Got people fired? How?

Literally none of the context is known to us, so it just reads like petty drama until we have some solid details.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I hope the next fighter will be an interesting character like KosMos instead of another anime swordie. I don’t have a problem with sword characters, it’s just they’re not likely to be interesting as Hollow Knight or Dante.
Various Soul Calibur characters, Travis Touchdown/Shinobu Jacobs, Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel), Elma, Raiden, 2B, Sol/Ky, Officer Howard (Astral Chain), Ragna/Jin, Jeanne (Bayonetta), Katalina (Grandblue), etc. They may not interest you specifically, but there are countless characters as interesting mechanically, if not more so than the two examples that you provided. I can even think of Fire Emblem characters that would be fun. Corrin was definitely a move in the right direction, and a whip-sword would be awesome in its own way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man I don't ****ing care about this **** anymore I just wanna see Fighter 5
Between the drama, arguing and general attitude surrounding speculation recently I'm probably just gonna dip after TGA, reveal or not, because it's starting to become insufferable.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

TL;DR: Sabi is maybe planning on retiring from leaking (whether in general or just about Smash doesn't seem to be specified) after TGAs.
So basically this is just a publicity stunt and Sabi will be back to leaking Smash in like a couple weeks or something.

Bear in mind a supposed C&D didn't stop her. I doubt this means anything and y'all are falling for it.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Various Soul Calibur characters, Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel), Elma, Raiden, 2B, Sol/Ky, Officer Howard (Astral Chain) Ragna/Jin, Jeanne (Bayonetta), Katalina (Grandblue), etc. They may not interest you specifically, but there are countless characters as interesting mechanically, if not more so than the two examples that you provided. I can even think of Fire Emblem characters that would be fun. Corrin was definitely a move in the right direction, and a whip-sword would be awesome in it's own way.
Idk. They usually make the sword characters too basic even with a gimmick.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well the Leakers seem to have declared war on each other.

Looking a little Three Houses around here.
Supposedly this is just the start from what I am gathering. I mainly reside in the...umm...Geno thread....boy it's hot in here eh? I am of the wait and see what happens, because either way as DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon said...it gun b gud!

SKX31

Smash Master
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1983#post-23717586

TL;DR: Sabi is maybe planning on retiring from leaking (whether in general or just about Smash doesn't seem to be specified) after TGAs. Fatman and Paragon talk about it a bit in a PM conversation. In it, Fatman calls out Sabi on grounds of harming others and general immorality, specifically leading on the Geno community and using them to rise to prominence even though Fatman did that too while Paragon is way more chill about the situation. The Geno thread is obviously on Fatman's side, and seem to be on track to attempt to cancel Sabi.

Will a religious war break out between the Cult of Fatman and the Sabi Stans? Only time will tell. Either way, get out your popcorn, because
View attachment 251277
Either way, I hope the mods have their special clean up solutions ready. It's gonna be messy:

WF113_09.jpg

people take this smash stuff too seriously
Emotional investment and the possibility of being validated are really strong drugs for the mind, man.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's the series that let both Mario and Sonic and Link and Cloud officially kick the stuffing out of each other, of course it's gonna get nuts.

While I could care less about Sabi, her absence would probably make this thread much happier in tone since there wouldn't be so much drama.

Wonder what I'll look like after the timeskip.
SMAASH! Doggo?

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Various Soul Calibur characters, Travis Touchdown/Shinobu Jacobs, Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel), Elma, Raiden, 2B, Sol/Ky, Officer Howard (Astral Chain), Ragna/Jin, Jeanne (Bayonetta), Katalina (Grandblue), etc. They may not interest you specifically, but there are countless characters as interesting mechanically, if not more so than the two examples that you provided. I can even think of Fire Emblem characters that would be fun. Corrin was definitely a move in the right direction, and a whip-sword would be awesome in it's own way.
It's about time Fire Emblem got a villain in Smash. I hope IS puts in the most popular villain in first,

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Anyway, I figured I would share my highly unrealistic/impossible wishlist.

Wishlist_updated.png

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Biggest mystery with Sabi for me is honestly still their gender, or rather, what pronouns they go by. I've seen people use female pronouns, others use male pronouns, and others still gender-neutral ones - it's confusing.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And they should, because Smash Speculation is a matter of LIFE AND DEATH.

IN THIS WORLD IT IS KILL OR BE KILLED AND MY CHARACTER WILL GET IN OVER YOURS AND TO PROVE MY SUPERIORITY YOU MUST DIE AS DO ALL OF YOU EMPTY, CORPOREAL HUSKS SUPPORTING INFERIOR CHARACTERS.

I'm correct and if you think otherwise you are biased and nitpicking okay bye bye.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

0ab.gif

You know, I'm kinda glad I stopped taking Smash Speculation so seriously a long time ago.

Like, I don't know what to feel about all of this.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I feel like you people are drastically overestimating the amount of entertainment value that can be extracted from watching Smash leaker drama.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
And they should, because Smash Speculation is a matter of LIFE AND DEATH.

IN THIS WORLD IT IS KILL OR BE KILLED AND MY CHARACTER WILL GET IN OVER YOURS AND TO PROVE MY SUPERIORITY YOU MUST DIE AS DO ALL OF YOU EMPTY, COPOREAL HUSKS SUPPORTING INFERIOR CHARACTERS.

I'm correct and if you think otherwise you are biased and nitpicking okay bye bye.
That sounds about right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom