• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I feel like you people are drastically overestimating the amount of entertainment value that can be extracted from watching Smash leaker drama.
I mean, it's no staring at the character select screen and getting angry about swordfighters, but it should be entertaining.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I feel like you people are drastically overestimating the amount of entertainment value that can be extracted from watching Smash leaker drama.
I dunno this stuff is pretty juicy if you ask me. About as entertaining as any other internet drama at least.

You guys think Drama Alert will pick this up?

D

Deleted member

I dunno this stuff is pretty juicy if you ask me. About as entertaining as any other internet drama at least.

Smash being revealed for Drama Alert is the true Game Awards reveal.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Sabi stans. Vergeben stans. Geno stans. Other stans.

Long ago the 4 fandoms lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Geno stans attacked. Only the DLC Character, master of the Fighters Pass, could stop them, but when the world needed them the most, they vanished. 3 months have passed and the Newcomer thread and I discovered the new DLC character, a doritos stan named Geoff. And although his doritos skills are great, he has a lot to learn before saving anyone.

But I believe Geoff can save the Smash community.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway, I figured I would share my highly unrealistic/impossible wishlist.

View attachment 251282
Man I'm shocked at how much I'd be down with your wish list. You get a like from me.

I only wanna see Sabi burn if they're as scummy as the rumors say. I take no issue saying that.
Otherwise, let me know if something actually transpires from it, TPC.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone.

Nothing particularly interesting other than people debating on each other's throats for some reason. Yaaayy...

D

Deleted member

And they should, because Smash Speculation is a matter of LIFE AND DEATH.

IN THIS WORLD IT IS KILL OR BE KILLED AND MY CHARACTER WILL GET IN OVER YOURS AND TO PROVE MY SUPERIORITY YOU MUST DIE AS DO ALL OF YOU EMPTY, COPOREAL HUSKS SUPPORTING INFERIOR CHARACTERS.

I'm correct and if you think otherwise you are biased and nitpicking okay bye bye.
Exactly! How dare some heretics question the church of Vergeben! It is a crime that cannot go unpunished!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I kind of can't wait to see the bomb to go off. As far as who is who in the Three House of leakers...Sabi is Edelgard, Verge is Dimitri and we are all Claude.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kind of can't wait to see the bomb to go off. As far as who is who in the Three House of leakers...Sabi is Edelgard, Verge is Dimitri and we are all Claude.
does that make Jon Rhea?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Here's the original post in question:
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1983#post-23717586

TL;DR: Sabi is maybe planning on retiring from leaking (whether in general or just about Smash doesn't seem to be specified) after TGAs. Fatman and Paragon talk about it a bit in a PM conversation. In it, Fatman calls out Sabi on grounds of harming others and general immorality, specifically leading on the Geno community and using them to rise to prominence even though Fatman did that too while Paragon is way more chill about the situation. The Geno thread is obviously on Fatman's side, and seem to be on track to attempt to cancel Sabi.

Will a religious war break out between the Cult of Fatman and the Sabi Stans? Only time will tell. Either way, get out your popcorn, because
Four days can't come fast enough, now can they?

Really feels weird to not be enraged about leakers as others are, even if they do deserve part of their criticisms. Needless to say that I sure do not feel like siding with either of these guys, because neither is a saint as far as leak culture goes.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
After reading that drama I am 100% convinced Sabi and Verge share the same source and Sabi left out some companies for clicks. Both of them are being duped by Namco/Nintendo ninjas. It is so obvious at this point none of them know ****.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
It still amazes me we got both Joker and Bayonetta before tails.
I'm hooonestly not that surprised tbh. Bayo came in Smash 4, before we even knew third parties getting a second character was even a possibility. Joker though? Yeah, that's wild. I guess like always, Sakurai picks what he finds the most interesting and unfortunately, Tails was not priority. :c
Im' all about giving sonic Tails and megaman Zero if that means we get Alucard :3
Hey, Alucard's pretty cool. It's a done deal also Zero's one of my other most wanteds so getting both him and Tails would be a dream come true for me.

D

Deleted member

Here's the original post in question:
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1983#post-23717586

TL;DR: Sabi is maybe planning on retiring from leaking (whether in general or just about Smash doesn't seem to be specified) after TGAs. Fatman and Paragon talk about it a bit in a PM conversation. In it, Fatman calls out Sabi on grounds of harming others and general immorality, specifically leading on the Geno community and using them to rise to prominence even though Fatman did that too while Paragon is way more chill about the situation. The Geno thread is obviously on Fatman's side, and seem to be on track to attempt to cancel Sabi.

Will a religious war break out between the Cult of Fatman and the Sabi Stans? Only time will tell. Either way, get out your popcorn, because
View attachment 251277
**** sounds whack, hmmm whack. Erdrick confirmed

BlackInk

Smash Lord
After reading that drama I am 100% convinced Sabi and Verge share the same source and Sabi left out some companies for clicks. Both of them are being duped by Namco/Nintendo ninjas. It is so obvious at this point none of them know ****.
Considering we might get Xenosaga ports and Nintendo has a pretty strong relationship with Namco, both of them will do anything to protect Kosmos.

D

Deleted member

Obviously leakbait, don't you know that Brave clearly refers to Banjo? A banjo is a brave instrument after all
Don't forget Brave's height stat. It's completely indicative of a zoner and not a male the size of Marth.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All of this make me remember the Great Nintendo War of 1999, a war that happened because Mario decided to be a random **** and kicked Yoshi in the legs, causing him to trip and then everyone fought each other.

War never change it seem...:snake:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I will admit, I posted in the Geno thread maybe way too much. And well, I really took the time to reevaluate who I actually wanted and what made me stick around in that thread for so long. I realized I wasn't as Geno obsessed as the rest of them and it started to feel wrong hanging around the thread when I was not as devoted. I think I stuck around because they really enjoyed my (more than likely terrible) memes. Seeing all this about to explode finally gave me the push to just outright leave the thread and focus on characters I am actually passionate about regardless of how likely they are.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
They worship a guy who got kicked out of Sabi's server as a god so I'm calling this as petty vengeance
That’s not exactly what’s happening, Sabi had this coming
But whatever, I don’t want us to dwell on it too much, go to the geno thread if you want to know what happened

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Guy who got kicked out from server is saying server owner is bad and needs to be twitter cancelled and is Totally Not Mad about being kicked out
Ah, so nothing worth caring about then, cool.

I too get mad when considering which wacky blip-bloop on the screen gets to punch the fat Italian plumber man next. The fabric of reality itself rests on us getting [INSERT FANDOM BUBBLE CHARACTER HERE].

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I will admit, I posted in the Geno thread maybe way too much. And well, I really took the time to reevaluate who I actually wanted and what made me stick around in that thread for some long. I realized I wasn't as Geno obsessed as the rest of them and it started to feel wrong hanging around the thread when I was not as devoted. I think I stuck around because they really enjoyed my (more than likely terrible) memes. Seeing all this about to explode finally gave me the push to just outright leave the thread and focus on characters I am actually passionate about
Girl, show us your memes, maybe they aren't trash

D

Deleted member

So I heard the Geno thread is being the Geno thread again.

What happened now? Did Funny Leak People say things people didn't like again?
Fatman made a huge callout at Sabi for blackmailing the people she worked with and making them lose their jobs. Whether it's actually going to be productive is whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom