• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i'll be honest.. i played the very first Phoenix wright long time ago.. and while the game was pretty neat... never been too much fan of teh titular character... dunno exactly why, he doesn't click that much.

Now, if he comes with a edgeworth echo? OH BOY NOW WE ARE COOKING!!!

Still i get teh gut eel is gonna be dante, and my hopes are still on morrigan or ammy. dunno why, but capcom seems natural DX.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I am not a leaker or insider, but I think these are the rules of Insider 101:
  1. Don't mistreat, be rude, or disrespect your sources or people who pass along information.
  2. Don't disrespect other insiders and leakers.
  3. Do not bug your sources constantly for information. Let them deliver information on their own terms.
  4. If you're known to be a insider or leaker, don't wear your status like a ****ing badge.
  5. Don't pass information that someone else says as your own.
  6. Always remain cautious even if someone sprouts information that you have been hearing.
  7. Don't immediately report on information the moment you get it or make promises to get information for people who are not involved in any dealings with sensitive information (i.e. the general Internet)
I feel that the whole insider and leaker business is built on a foundation of respect and trustworthiness. Anything that affects that foundation can really be damaging for both.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Okay, I'm gonna say it but:

Ngl, I'm a little jealous of Geno's fanbase. I wish my niche picks had half the support those guys got. It sucks how I could wish for X character to be in, only to be told that they're too obscure (and they're right, which is why they won't get in), yet Geno, despite being told that time after time still has a very healthy fanbase. Having a healthy, passionate fanbase is essentially a massive boon for those wanting their pick to be added in Ultimate.

I think really, at the end of the day, it's just me being annoyed over how wishy washy Smash speculation can be. No one wants X, because they're XYZ, yet there's another char has the same issues as the char you just wanted, but has a much louder, more passionate fanbase. It makes me wonder how characters like these have so many people resonating with them, while other chars do not.
Ehh ngl, I wish the same thing for Andy as well.

I mean at least a comparable following as Isaac. Given how similar both franchises are in their course of history (peaking in the GBA era, not being seen after the DS era).

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I understand the nostalgia and appeal for Geno. However, I have an affinity for great villains so if we got someone from a Mario RPG I'd probably pick either Dimentio or Fawful myself.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Ngl, I'm a little jealous of Geno's fanbase. I wish my niche picks had half the support those guys got. It sucks how I could wish for X character to be in, only to be told that they're too obscure (and they're right, which is why they won't get in), yet Geno, despite being told that time after time still has a very healthy fanbase. Having a healthy, passionate fanbase is essentially a massive boon for those wanting their pick to be added in Ultimate.

I think really, at the end of the day, it's just me being annoyed over how wishy washy Smash speculation can be. No one wants X, because they're XYZ, yet there's another char has the same issues as the char you just wanted, but has a much louder, more passionate fanbase. It makes me wonder how characters like these have so many people resonating with them, while other chars do not.
...I would never wish the Geno fanbase on anyone, IMO.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
At this point it would just feel strange if Geno gets in. He’s become so well-known for being speculated for Smash and causing drama and arguments that it’s hard to imagine him actually becoming a character and that all just stopping. He’s like a time capsule.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I know wishlists can get really repetitive, but we’ve had a lot of lesser talked about characters get the spotlight recently and any other topic is better than insider drama.

So who would y’all put as your top 4 for DLC wants.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
At this point it would just feel strange if Geno gets in. He’s become so well-known for being speculated for Smash and causing drama and arguments that it’s hard to imagine him actually becoming a character and that all just stopping. He’s like a time capsule.
You could say the same thing about Ridley, K.Rool, and I suppose Banjo to an extent.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

I think really, at the end of the day, it's just me being annoyed over how wishy washy Smash speculation can be. No one wants X, because they're XYZ, yet there's another char with the same issues as the char you just wanted, but is backed up by much louder, more passionate fanbase. It makes me wonder how characters like these have so many people resonating with them, while other chars do not.

One can only wonder how a niche and obscure character such as bomberman would fare with that ammount of support...

Wait a minute! bomberman is not niche nor obscure!!!!

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
**** it, I'll throw a prediction into the ring and say it will be Travis Touchdown. No one has deconfirm him yet, Nintendo does seem to be pushing No More Heroes to some extent and Suda said last month we are getting a new trailer for NMH3 either this year or next year.

https://wccftech.com/suda-51-interview-no-more-heroes-3-boss-thanos-venom-joker/

The trailer will be played along side a Smash reveal at either the TGS or the winter Nintendo direct.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
...I would never wish the Geno fanbase on anyone, IMO.
I'm curious as to why you think that.
Banjo, KKR and Ridley had similar underdog stories. People kept telling them that they'd never happen, and then Ultimate became a thing.
Of course Geno could very well be skipped over for DLC entirely (wouldn't wish that upon you guys, I hope it's true for your sakes), but Geno is in a very similar position to those three characters I've mentioned. The way Ultimate works is that if you have a loud, persistent fanbase, you will be more likely to be heard, regardless of how obscure your character is. It's entirely luck based too, which makes it all the more frustrating.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I am not a leaker or insider, but I think these are the rules of Insider 101:
  1. Don't mistreat, be rude, or disrespect your sources or people who pass along information.
  2. Don't disrespect other insiders and leakers.
  3. Do not bug your sources constantly for information. Let them deliver information on their own terms.
  4. If you're known to be a insider or leaker, don't wear your status like a ****ing badge.
  5. Don't pass information that someone else says as your own.
  6. Always remain cautious even if someone sprouts information that you have been hearing.
  7. Don't immediately report on information the moment you get it or make promises to get information for people who are not involved in any dealings with sensitive information (i.e. the general Internet)
I feel that the whole insider and leaker business is built on a foundation of respect and trustworthiness. Anything that affects that foundation can really be damaging for both.
Thing that gets me about leakers, they're dealing in trade secrets so they can and in a lot of cases will be sued. It makes no sense to me.

In ye olde days you could sell your info to magazines, as shady as that, is but not it's all for internet points. And internet points have a hard expiration date of "whenever you say something we don't like".

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As someone who supports them, in a weird way...I would as well. Ridley, K Rool, Banjo and Geno are kind of the original never evers before Ultimate got announced. Having that last character in the bunch to all of a sudden get in...The world itself would cease.

I don't count Issac, because I really thought at some point they would get in. (Being 1st party and all)

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
The community is going to turn Sabi into the next Loz18. Yes I just reminded all of you that Loz18 exists.

Anyways there is only one character that can be revealed and save us all from this drama:
wahhh.jpg

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If we are going based off the "deconfirmations" Capcom seems to be the most uncertain of all of them. Because one party says yes and another says no.

I say it's weird how the only new Capcom items added to Ultimate were Ken, spirits, and assist trophies. It seems to be the right time for a brand new Capcom character. Especially with how many popular characters Capcom has at their disposal.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I know wishlists can get really repetitive, but we’ve had a lot of lesser talked about characters get the spotlight recently and any other topic is better than insider drama.

Morrigan, Edelgard and Alucard are my absolute top 3.. as for a 4th? i think something dark souls, be ith Chosen Undead or Solaire.

I'm curious as to why you think that.
Banjo, KKR and Ridley had similar underdog stories. People kept telling them that they'd never happen, and then Ultimate became a thing.
Of course Geno could very well be skipped over for DLC entirely (wouldn't wish that upon you guys, I hope it's true for your sakes), but Geno is in a very similar position to those three characters I've mentioned. The way Ultimate works is that if you have a loud, persistent fanbase, you will be more likely to be heard, regardless of how obscure your character is. It's entirely luck based too, which makes it all the more frustrating.
I don't think Ridley nor KKR are as obscure as Geno... Niche? yeah a little but obscure levels of geno?

The community is going to turn Sabi into the next Loz18. Yes I just reminded all of you that Loz18 exists.

Anyways there is only one character that can be revealed and save us all from this drama:
Why would you do that? AAnyways, i agree that Waluigi chances for FP6 or 7 aren't too shabby

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Morrigan, Edelgard and Alucard are my absolute top 3.. as for a 4th? i think something dark souls, be ith Chosen Undead or Solaire.

I don't think Ridley nor KKR are as obscure as Geno... Niche? yeah a little but obscure levels of geno?
It's true they're not nearly as obscure, since they've appeared in more games. It's more like all three of them have been hit with the: "Lol they will never happen. Get over it." arguments, yet they still stand.

Goodness, I apologize if I sound so angry and bitter. Like, I really do. Go ahead and ask for whoever you like, I won't judge or hate you for it. I'm just wondering why some people would back up X while refusing to back up Y or whatever. It's kind of interesting honestly. It's human nature I guess; we're unpredictable like that.

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Doesn't every fighter have a codename? Anyone know fighter 5's?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Thing that gets me about leakers, they're dealing in trade secrets so they can and in a lot of cases will be sued. It makes no sense to me.

In ye olde days you could sell your info to magazines, as shady as that, is but not it's all for internet points. And internet points have a hard expiration date of "whenever you say something we don't like".
Most leakers I know of are very humble to be in a position to get information and are very mindful (i.e. they have a best friend who works in the industry and trusts them enough to pass stuff along) or are in a position to know trade secrets (i.e industry analyst, a person who works in the industry, etc.). There is a strong difference between those kinds of leakers and the ones who just leak for internet points.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's true they're not nearly as obscure, since they've appeared in more games. It's more like all three of them have been hit with the: "Lol they will never happen. Get over it." arguments, yet they still stand.

Goodness, I apologize if I sound so angry and bitter. Like, I really do. Go ahead and ask for whoever you like, I won't judge or hate you for it. I'm just wondering why some people would back up X while refusing to back up Y or whatever. It's kind of interesting honestly. It's human nature I guess; we're unpredictable like that.
Uh? i actually agree with you.. i was posting that Geno is waaay more obscure that even Isaac. (that is by far my favorite "smash bubble pick", hope he gets in)

The fact that friggin Geno's chances are better than 0 is actually quite a miracle if you ask me

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

1. Rex
  2. Shantae
  3. KOS-MOS
  4. Byleth

AugustusB

Smash Champion

That is kind of tough. Hmmm
1) KOS-MOS
2) Sora
3) Monokuma
4) Guzma with Golisopod

Rikarte

Smash Ace
If we are going based off the "deconfirmations" Capcom seems to be the most uncertain of all of them. Because one party says yes and another says no.

I say it's weird how the only new Capcom items added to Ultimate were Ken, spirits, and assist trophies. It seems to be the right time for a brand new Capcom character. Especially with how many popular characters Capcom has at their disposal.
But Capcom isn't part of vergeben's updated deconfirm list. Or did Sabi deconfirm them?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Real talk, if Geno does get in, they should put him in more Mario spinoffs tbh. Mario has so many characters they could use in their spinoffs, yet ever since the 3DS era, they've been more or less going with the usual picks.

I know Geno is Square Enix and all. Just throwing out ideas here and there.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But Capcom isn't part of vergeben's updated deconfirm list. Or did Sabi deconfirm them?
I think Sabi's NOA source told them so. But Sabi didn't confirm it. It came from someone that was friends with fatman in the Geno thread that claims the NOA source said so.

D

Deleted member

People be thinking Waluigi or Gooigi can save Smashboards. They forget however that only newcomer can save this cursed website. One baboom.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Its a bit refreshing not having a single clue as to who the next character will be. I personally just hope that #5 is a megaton bomb of an announcement after the "?" that was Terry (whos a good character just not well known. calm down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom