• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think you're really blowing what happened out of proportion. What happened was a clear cut case of miscommunication with his source. Why does promptly correcting a mistake make him suddenly unreliable?
And its possible he might have gotten misinformation again. So gonna stay skeptical now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And its possible he might have gotten misinformation again. So gonna stay skeptical now.
That isn't skepticism; it's paranoia. You wouldn't go through all of that to come out with misinformation again. That'd be incredibly dumb.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
is it really?
Well the 2D ones were allowed but the 3D games were considered too violent for CERO.

There's a reason Japanese horror goes for psychological over gore.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ok, that’s it
Until proven otherwise, my theory is that Sabi and Vergeben we’re lying this whole time, cause the kill list is so ridiculous and makes no sense.
My money is on Genoslayer being legit

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok, that’s it
Until proven otherwise, my theory is that Sabi and Vergeben we’re lying this whole time, cause the kill list is so ridiculous and makes no sense.
I don't understand this logic.

Vergeben can disconfirm dozens of characters and it would still make sense because there is only one FP5.

At this point, it feels like people just don't want to believe insiders because their character has been disconfirmed. Didn't people learn anything from the Grinch leak?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok, that’s it
What part of the Updated Autopsy Report™ doesn't make sense?

Plank08

Smash Lord

Vergeben can disconfirm dozens of characters and it would still make sense because there is only be one FP5.

At this point, it feels like people just don't want to believe insiders because their character has been disconfirmed. Didn't people learn anything from the Grinch leak?
I guess we will just have to wait and see, the game awards can’t come soon enough.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Something interesting to mention is that The Whicher series was mentioned in gamexplains top 100 women to get in smash and so I think that series has a chance I can see geralt makeing it (better choice then goku) another game awards pick would be chief

D

Deleted member

Vergeben can disconfirm dozens of characters and it would still make sense because there is only be one FP5.

It's also a matter of giving up because this is honestly a pain in the ass to keep up with. And for what? To hear who FP 5 is going to be in less than a week now?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think you're really blowing what happened out of proportion. What happened was a clear cut case of miscommunication with his source. Why does promptly correcting a mistake make him suddenly unreliable?
Well, you see, honest people don't make mistakes, so if he did, that means he lyin'.

D

Deleted member

Ok, that’s it
Who the **** even is Genoslayer? No, I don't need to ask, I'm sure it's someone saying Geno is in lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who the **** even is Genoslayer? No, I don't need to ask, I'm sure it's someone saying Geno is in lol
The Cacodemon leak that implies we're getting Geno and Doom Slayer.

It's a portmanteau. You know, like Kencineroar.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I do kind of feel at this point that the first character after the fighters pass is going to be a good indication of what to expect going forward.

If we get someone like Waluigi it could be a sign that Sakurai is using "post-pass" as a way to address some of the fanbases remaining desires ......on the other hand if it's another third party (and especially someone without much demand who shows up out of the blue like Terry) then I don't really see it suddenly changing with the second post-pass character or the third.

The way I see it, the first post pass character being a promotion is the best chance characters have to get promoted, after that I think their chances start going downhill fast.
I mean, they could also mix it up with both options. I felt like Ultimate so far has a good spread between new fanbases and old ones.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I'm not ready to completely disregard everything Vergeben says just because a bunch of my most wanted characters are seemingly disconfirmed for Fighter Pack 5. He seems to have had a legitimate mix up with his sources and even gave a pretty reasonable explanation as to how it happened, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that there's still some truth to his claims.
We will just have to wait and see I guess, if he’s not lying, my money is on Phoenix

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
The Cacodemon leak that implies we're getting Geno and Doom Slayer.

It's a portmanteau. You know, like Kencineroar.
I’m still inclined to believe that it’s fake mainly due to the fact the videos still haven’t been removed from YouTube. I’m sure you could argue that they won’t remove them as it would prove they’re real, but I’m fairly certain that there are certain NDAs that must apply if these are true especially when dealing with other licensed properties and would therefore need to be striked.

Plank08

Smash Lord
is it really?
Nah, but it it’s Unpopular
It's also a matter of giving up because this is honestly a pain in the ass to keep up with. And for what? To hear who FP 5 is going to be in less than a week now?
This, this is basically how I feel, this stuff is getting so confusing and the game awards are so soon that I’ll just default to GenoSlayer and hopefully get pleasantly surprised when it inevitably isn’t

D

Deleted member

This, this is basically how I feel, this stuff is getting so confusing and the game awards are so soon that I’ll just default to GenoSlayer and hopefully get pleasantly surprised when it inevitably isn’t
That's the thing. No matter what side you take with the current leaks, we're all bound to be surprised at this point.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It's no use thinking too hard about it otherwise it will just lead to confusion. We will know for sure on TGA who is wrong or who is right and probably get into a big fight about it. :p

Well if we get a TGA reveal that is.

D

Deleted member

I’m still inclined to believe that it’s fake mainly due to the fact the videos still haven’t been removed from YouTube. I’m sure you could argue that they won’t remove them as it would prove they’re real, but I’m fairly certain that there are certain NDAs that must apply if these are true especially when dealing with other licensed properties and would therefore need to be striked.
This is the exact reason why I stopped paying attention to it after a day. The Nintenjas killed the ESRB stuff after a few hours IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I mean, they could also mix it up with both options. I felt like Ultimate so far has a good spread between new fanbases and old ones.
I guess my mindset at the moment, is that post fighter pass is the first opportunity Sakurai really has to address the demand for characters like Waluigi, Geno, Isaac, Dixie etc. So if he doesn't start with one of those characters right out of the gate then it starts looking less likely that that's even his intention to begin with.

This is assuming Sakurai didn't have full control over the fighter pass since Nintendo presumably provided him with a list of possibilities. (also assuming that characters on the fighter pass were decided on before the release of Smash Bros Ultimate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom