• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
League of Legends hasn't been deconfirmed. I never played, but the characters have really interesting designs and abilities, I liked the lore I read up on, and the musical group videos are neat. The folks at Riot Games are also huge Smash fans; they've modded the game to put their own characters in it. League of Legends is something I've supported for a while now. It just makes sense to me, and calling it popular is a bit of an understatement. If it got into Smash, that'd be nuts. I imagine it having like 50 spirit battles.

Anyways, my fav League character is apparently unpopular. Maybe Smash could change that?

Obviously they're going to go with another rep, if it ever happened, but Taliyah though. I also just wanted an excuse to post that video lol.

Wait, Kat got into PSO2 a year ago, PSO2 got a Switch release, so that means that Kat...

* KatKit KatKit intensifies.*
There's literally someone else here with Kat in their username, and I'm the go-to Gravity Rush fan example every time lol. It is truly an honor.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m really not sure what to think, but amid the chaos I think we need to take a breather and include all the options.

Right now I wouldn’t call anything for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sabi comes back with something tonight.
Sabi's about to crush even more hopes and dreams with that Pepsi Man disconfirmation.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
This is some Death Note **** right here.

Based Doritos Pope
Geoff is secrectly every source Sabi and Vergeben have. He's been playing the long con and now destroying them without them even knowing it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Let it be known that from today onward, "DN" means Doritos Note.
True but then again, Geoff is more like the L here and Verge/Sabi is the Kira.

...**** this would actually make for an interesting fanfic. Someone out there, make this a reality pretty please.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This 4D chess game with leakers and Geoff is starting to turn into 5D Chinese Checkers, I swear. I think Verge will jump on this late.

What I want to know is where the possible sources for these leakers lie in the chain and if Geoff is aware of them, able to spread false info. Could learn something here for the future.
The crosspoint of the chain of command in a sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...**** this would actually make for an interesting fanfic. Someone out there, make this a reality pretty please.
So Geoff will be killed and replaced with two less interesting versions of himself. One has the Dew, and the other has the Doritos.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Part 2:

Morrigan, Toadette, Fio(driving an SV-001 Metal Slug), Nakoruru, Jill Valentine and Amaterasu deserve to be WAY higher on the list. Like, in the top 10.
Kinda weird list overall, agree that Lara and Chunners being in the top 3 but feel that a few characters like 2B, Roll and Jill could have been ranked way higher.

Still it's their list so whatever.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Kinda weird list overall, agree that Lara and Chunners being in the top 3 but feel that a few characters like 2B, Roll and Jill could have been ranked way higher.

Still it's their list so whatever.
At least Edelgard is in the top ten where she properly belongs! But yeah 2B should be a lot higher.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
As I said before I seriously believe that either Verge or Sabi, maybe both, received some bad info from their sources.
I don't know why Verge would be trolling intentionally, he never did that so Idk why he would do it now. I think considering their sources being leakbaited makes more sense.

are we just gonna ignore Dracula like that?
To be fair, despite being public domain, Dracula isn't a video game character by origin either, yet he's a boss in Smash.

There's also the fact that, according to others I've spoken to, the author of the books doesn't like the games, nor does he consider "video game" Geralt a character within his stories.

At the very least Geralt isn't like Goku in that he's not entirely one or the other. He's from a video game while his series is based on the books. To my knowledge, anyway.
Different situations, at least in my opinion. Dracula is a public domain. I could start writing a book where the main character is named Dracula, he's a vampire but besides that he could be completely different in comparison to other versions of Dracula.

Also, we have characters like Hades, Medusa, and more from Kid Icarus and I'm sure there are more examples of characters like this in Smash.

I buy that Geralt isn't in the same situation as Goku, but I mean, videogame Geralt isn't a completely different character from book Geralt. Yeah, the creator of Witcher books isn't very friendly with the games (probably because the games were more successful judging by his interviews).
If videogame Geralt can be considered a bit different from his original counterpart is because CD Projekt is who makes the games, not Sapkowski. So obviously the character will have some differences, even if it's for the sake of developing an evolution arc for the character, which is the case.

Imagine if the whole "Mario on Playstation" thing was legit and Smash Bros. Ultimate getting a Sony character was to announce that the game was also coming to PS4/5, starting a Nintendo/Sony relationship.

Granted, it doesn't make a ton of business sense to make a major system seller a non-exclusive, but **** it. We live in a world where Nintendo has games on mobile and Microsoft has games on Switch. It's still out there, but things only a little less weird have happened.
If having a Sony rep already sounds like crazy impossible ****, Nintendo releasing Smash on Playstation is absolutely bonkers. I mean, it could happen? Yeah, but the chances are 0,000000001% at best
I wouldn't complain if that happens, I would say. haha

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So Geoff will be killed and replaced with two less interesting versions of himself. One has the Dew, and the other has the Doritos.
Yup!

And then at the end, Verge will proclaim he was trying to make Smash speculation a better place like Light tried to argue he made the world a better place.

SKX31

Smash Master
There's literally someone else here with Kat in their username, and I'm the go-to Gravity Rush fan example every time lol. It is truly an honor.
I would not mind Taliyah in the slightest. Have never played LoL (and if it's gonna be a LoL character my personal bet is on the succubus-kitsune Ahri) but Smash could certainly benefit from a rock user.

By the way, is your sig Kat wearing one of her alternate outfits, or is that outfit Lina's (Dota 2, the character I'd favor if that game ever gets a character into Smash, pipedream as it is currently)? Part of me swear it's the latter (and welcome to the club if it indeed is!). Just wanting to be sure.

Yup!

And then at the end, Verge will proclaim he was trying to make Smash speculation a better place like Light tried to argue he made the world a better place.
But then, who's Ryuk? Geoff? Sakurai?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just feel like someone has to be pullin' the wool over our eyes now. Maybe Verge is lying to us. Maybe Verge's source is lying to him. I dunno, I just can't believe this many companies could be deconfirmed in one fell swoop.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's this about doritos?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Even if the leakers are wrong(which I'm starting to lean towards a little) I'm enjoying all this just for the fact that otherwise the speculation would be so boring right now. I'm just remembering how bad things dried up from the August direct until the Grinch leak, which was horrible for speculation. At least now we're talking about a lot of different characters and not going back and forth with "It's Hayabusa! No its Crash!"
Be honest, wouldn't you want to be able to listen to this in Smash?

God this would be so wonderful. Would never ask Sakurai for anything again if Drake was in the game. Even if the rest of the DLC was the top 5 of my least wanted list I'd be chill.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I would not mind Taliyah in the slightest. Have never played LoL (and if it's gonna be a LoL character my personal bet is on the succubus-kitsune Ahri) but Smash could certainly benefit from a rock user.

By the way, is your sig Kat wearing one of her alternate outfits, or is that outfit Lina's (Dota 2, the character I'd favor if that game ever gets a character into Smash, pipedream as it is currently)? Part of me swear it's the latter (and welcome to the club if it indeed is!). Just wanting to be sure.

But then, who's Ryuk? Geoff? Sakurai?
Uhh, I guess it's whoever Verge's source is since he's leaking that stuff lol.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Be honest, wouldn't you want to be able to listen to this in Smash?

That songs brings back a lot of memories of me playing the series.

Not that popular but I always loved this track from Uncharted 4. I think it would fit Smash very well, maybe with a remix. It gives you the feel of living a dangerous adventure.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Sabi lives where the villas are, he/she doesn't fight but if they were challenged. They wouldn't lose.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, I just thought of another character who isn't disconfirmed. Agent 47, or as he's more commonly referred to, Hitman.

What do you think? Could he be Fighter 5?

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
What's this about doritos?
Smash speculation is reaching MLG 360 noscope territory.

Just as Light would midair 360 noscope write in the Death Note if the live action movie was a Michael Bay flick. Complete with camera angles so bad it doesn't even show whose name Light is writing because it's too busy staring at Megan Fox (who by the way doesn't deserve that kind of attention) and portraying Light as a total hyperagressive idiot who still gets the girl in the end. Because Michael Bay.

I still have a major dislike for Michael Bay's films.

Hey, I just thought of another character who isn't disconfirmed. Agent 47, or as he's more commonly referred to, Hitman.

He's a wonky addition I think, not least because he's associated with real guns. Still, I think he could work in a Snake-like way, and would be the closest to James Bond one could get.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman

I’d imagine putting in a character from a series literally called ‘Hitman’ would do wonders for the game’s age rating.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Attention.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Verg did imply that he has sat on that list for awhile, and just now decided on sharing it.

It’s one thing to leak the actual pick, but it’s another entirely to hint at it by narrowing down the options.

As I’ve said, I don’t know what to make of it. However, I think people are missing out on options here, and immediately jumping to particular characters because they’re more familiar with. It happened with Sora with the first wave of kills, and now I see certain characters being pointed as if they’re the “only one” remaining”.

There are more devs out there besides Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, Sony, Microsoft and Square Enix dudes. I don’t necessarily think western devs are guaranteed to be Pick 5, but Riot isn’t the only one of those either.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

That would be pretty cool. IDK about moveset or anything bc I don't know much about the games but from what I do know I'd like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom