• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe...

Just maybe...Sans Mii Costume was an foreshadowing?

Frisk?

Because I the **** don't know anymore who it could be!!!! I'm all out!

cosmicB

Smash Ace
If we're to take the deconfirms as truth and interpret the recent post as Sony being deconfirmed as well, then literally the highest profile character left is Saber.

What a time to be alive.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Is there any Mii Costume that doesn't belong to one of the companies disconfirmed?

Hell, is there any base game Mii Costume that doesn't correspond to a Spirit?
Unless someone else wants to look over more thoroughly, the only one I know of is...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What I'm reading here is: guy verifiably has good sources for Smash, hasn't made any wrong calls but also no risky bets for a while, and I guess with the passage of time his sources just died or something?

Ok neat
I blatantly showed you examples of him being wrong, and when the information is already out, it's not even a bet, his input after other people have said it is basically worthless and irrelevant. And sources can easily be exhausted or only apply to base game (a lot more people work on base game and have their hands inside that project vs DLC). Again, you're treating everything as a monolith and not an evolving reality that has to be evaluated differently at different points in time and being actively obstinate on this by not acknowledging his faults. You're more than welcome to continue believing him, but don't act so surprised when people are not so willing to embrace him or accept your characterization of him as accurate (or be the one to shoot down ideas when you're only leverage to do so is "but Vergeben."

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
This whole leaker thing is ridiculous. Why doesn’t somebody just ask Sakurai who the 5th character is? Just say ’please’ to really seal the deal.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Jon is still being vague if he disagrees with what Verge is saying or that his information is bogus.

If it is, Jon just needs to say it outright.
He's probably just calling out Verge in general. Jon has never been a fan of leaker culture and Verge in particular he doesn't show a lot of love for, so he's probably saying what he's saying because he just doesn't like the situation.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's tiring to see. I would rather see either Sabi or Verge just say I don't know. While the confirmation is game is fun, I'd rather just have a narrowing or even riddling instead. It's a little annoying.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
This whole leaker thing is ridiculous. Why doesn’t somebody just ask Sakurai who the 5th character is? Just say ’please’ to really seal the deal.
Sakurai tweeted a picture of Daisy doing the peace sign. But that gesture also has another meaning: V for Victory. I've cracked the case on FP5.

Winston Churchill: Fights on the beaches!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sakurai tweeted a picture of Daisy doing the peace sign. But that gesture also has another meaning: V for Victory. I've cracked the case on FP5.

Winston Churchill: Fights on the beaches!
Victory and winning are synonyms. Therefore, it can only be hinting at one thing.
1575744634395.png

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Tbf Dart was planned for PSASBR DLC but was canceled... what if...
I mean, it would go well with what Sakurai said in Terry's video about bringing spotlight to lesser known characters. Plus a moveset is there for Dart...Nah, I doubt Sakurai even knows what this game is at this point lol

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
It’s time...

1CBD1211-C81C-4114-8019-B59EC2B09AD4.jpeg

But more seriously, If Verge’s clarification is to be taken as a decomnfirmation of Sony, that leaves indies (only ones not directly reconfirmed in the list that are big enough are Hollow Knight and Undertale imo), or, funnily enough, Sam Bridges as I teased above. We could also see someone like Saber or someone else from visual novels. The state of speculation is crazy right now.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Have y’all seen this yet?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I do not want to live in a timeline where Doritos Pope is out there with the big brain plays.
It's a little known fact that DORITOS® brand tortilla chips stimulate considerably more brain activity than other chips available on the market.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I have no idea on who to believe anymore, and that is absolutely thrilling.

But if Vergeben/Sabi screw this up, do we agree to never give them the time of day again?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Not going to lean one way or the other, but I found this very interesting theory in the Geno thread

What do you all think?
This is essentially just a magical girl show now. The power of Geoff’s love for Kojima has allowed him to defeat the evil leaker menace once and for all.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I'm certain that leakbait has been floated around by Nintendo, regardless of whether Smash is at TGA or not. The thing I don't know is who took the bait thinking it was real info.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m really not sure what to think, but amid the chaos I think we need to take a breather and include all the options.

Right now I wouldn’t call anything for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sabi comes back with something tonight.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not going to lean one way or the other, but I found this very interesting theory in the Geno thread

What do you all think?
This is some Death Note **** right here.

Based Doritos Pope

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is essentially just a magical girl show now. The power of Geoff’s love for Kojima has allowed him to defeat the evil leaker menace once and for all.
Geoff Keighley's name is magic
Mystery... is what you see
Kojima is the answer
fighting fair
to stay leak free

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It's tiring to see. I would rather see either Sabi or Verge just say I don't know. While the confirmation is game is fun, I'd rather just have a narrowing or even riddling instead. It's a little annoying.
Yeah, forget this little insider war of who is wrong or right. I say just wait until TGA so we can finally know for sure.

Unless we are getting no TGA reveal, RIP to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom