• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
my own Unpopular Opinion:Despite going back and forth/also being wrong for the most part, I perfer Sabi than vergeben when it come to character disconfirmations.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
If we're to take the deconfirms as truth and interpret the recent post as Sony being deconfirmed as well, then literally the highest profile character left is Saber.

What a time to be alive.
If verge wanted that to be taken what he said as a deconfirmation then he’d have just said “No it isn’t Sony”. It’s like the Tales Of post he made a few weeks back. It is a bit cryptic that he didn’t deconfirm them despite the entire purpose of the thread being to get him to deconfirm it through bait. It’s still very unlikely tho either way

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Uh, what just happened?
Have you seen the scene in Walking Dead where Negan bashes two people's brains in with a baseball bat? Verge supposedly just did that to like 15 different companies. I dont know if I believe it but I still think it's worth putting some stock into at the moment

Last edited:

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
CJ, Nathan Drake, Heavyweapons Guy, Chell, The Sims, Cooking Mama, Quote, Dell Conagher, Big Smoke, CJ but with a tuxedo, a Need for Speed car, The Kid from I wanna be The Guy, Cole Phelps, Mike from Until Dawn, Atlas and PBody, Curly Brace, Victor Sullivan...

I see this as an absolute win

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
It's still possible that Verge is getting faulty intel or he's ****ting with us.

Jon from GameXplain seems to be casting doubt.

Never thought I'd see the day where I trusted Sabi more than Vergeben.

I think Vergeben is wrong here. How does he not have a name when the dude is disconfirming entire companies? And with the ones he has disconfirmed...I'm not buying it.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Isaac Clarke (from Dead Space) could be an alternative to Colonel Shepard in terms of an EA rep.

D

Deleted member

there is no vergeben, there is no sabi, and there is no challenger pack 5

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The big tinfoil session about the anniversary tweet is a bit old by now but I just wanted to say

Daisy is probably only there cause she was the first new echo revealed for the game
as in the first "add on" to the rest of the roster

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Never thought I'd see the day where I trusted Sabi more the Vergeben.

I think Vergeben is wrong here. How does he not have a name when the dude is disconfirming entire companies? And with the ones he has disconfirmed...I'm not buying it.
My guess is that he has multiple different sources, which is why he was able to shoot down someone like Falcom even though nobody was thinking they had a shot. As for the new list I believe he was saying he hasn't heard anything about them being in as opposed to saying it's 100% not them, although I could very well be wrong about that

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Isaac Clarke (from Dead Space) could be an alternative to Colonel Shepard in terms of an EA rep.
Nice choice!

I used to feel like I was the only guy left who still cares about that series and thinks Isaac would be awesome in Smash.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The big tinfoil session about the anniversary tweet is a bit old by now but I just wanted to say

Daisy is probably only there cause she was the first new echo revealed for the game
as in the first "add on" to the rest of the roster
Shouldn't inkling be in that spot then?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Vergeben doesn’t know who it is because he source literally hasn’t told him.

They are leaking names to remove possibilities instead of directly naming the pick to avoid consequences.

It’s literally that simple folks. It’s one thing to doubt leakers, but we go over some of this stuff all the time. Over and over.

I’m definitely skeptical at this point but I’m curious to see where it all goes in the meantime. My most wanted picks are out, so I don’t have much to back up.

I still think people are overlooking Geralt, whether that’s because they haven’t played the Witcher or what (neither have I...), but I absolutely would not discount the fact that he’s viable to be pick 5.

If you ask me, Sony getting a pick has overrated chances. The only reason people are saying it, seems to be because Microsoft is in, but that’s completely different. Microsoft has collaborated with Nintendo, and had a very specific pick that was actively requested for Smash. That’s not close to the position Sony is in, so I must admit I’m left wondering why people are saying, “If it’s not Sony then who is it?!?” As if Sony is the last developer that could possibly provide a character.

Play video games, noobs.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Since we're bringing up characters not really talked about, what do we think about a Bioshock rep?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

They are leaking names to remove possibilities instead of directly naming the pick to avoid consequences.

It’s literally that simple folks. It’s one thing to doubt leakers, but we go over some of this stuff all the time. Over and over.

I’m definitely skeptical at this point but I’m curious to see where it all goes in the meantime. My most wanted picks are out, so I don’t have much to back up.

I still think people are overlooking Geralt, whether that’s because they haven’t played the Witcher or what (neither have I...), but I absolutely would not discount the fact that he’s viable to be pick 5.

If you ask me, Sony getting a pick has overrated chances. The only reason people are saying it, seems to be because Microsoft is in, but that’s completely different. Microsoft has collaborated with Nintendo, and had a very specific pick that was actively requested for Smash. That’s not close to the position Sony is in, so I must admit I’m left wondering why people are saying, “If it’s not Sony then who is it?!?” As if Sony is the last developer that could possibly provide a character.

Play video games, noobs.
People sleepin' on the real front runner:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Play video games, noobs.
There's still EA, as much as the gaming community hates them. Colonel Shepard and Isaac Clarke would be awesome to see in Smash.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOD
HOW COULD WE HAVE BEEN SO BLIND
6500CF28-EBAE-49F3-8F4A-B9524AAA36AD.jpeg

HE’S IN
NO WONDER WHY THEY CAN’T SAY A NAME

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Play video games, noobs.
Whoa whoa whoa playing video games?
1575748426677.png

D

Deleted member

Play video games, noobs.
i was with you until this, suggesting that we should "play video games" so casually as if we're capable of committing such a horrendous act is incredibly disrespectful and i suggest a hasty apology

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well the Sakura dream is dead.

But Nordic games hasn't been disconfirmed yet so maybe......

Imagine a timeline where Platinum Games won the bid for the Darksiders franchise.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Play video games, noobs.
People are discounting Geralt because he originated from a book series. Which goes against Sakurais statements of “must originate from a video game.”

If you add him, you might as well add Goku at that point.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Everything is a lie...
There's no true...
Therefore, there's no cake either...
So if the cake is a lie...

OH ****, CHELL CONFIRMED!
Can Smash get DLC announcers? I really love Xander's work, but I'd buy Chell partly because of a GLaDOS announcer. Lines like this:

"Everybody seems to be missing. I didn't do it. "

There's still EA, as much as the gaming community hates them. Colonel Shepard and Isaac Clarke would be awesome to see in Smash.
That's the frustrating thing. They have a very strong lineup overall, but the way EA got them and how upper management has treated those franchises really leaves a bitter taste.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can someone tag Ninty and ask him what the **** he meant?
Basically he was trying to say that you couldn’t use Cloud to justify a Sony character being more likely, which gives off the implication he doesn’t consider Sony likely.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I see people still think Sony is not happening. Good good....
That means the shock factor from a potential Sony rep reveal isn't gone. I want people to underestimate Sony, that will make it's reveal all the more satisfying.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna have to admit myself. For the first time this might be the case where I don't believe in Vergeben and feel he's might had been given misinformation.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Nice choice!

I used to feel like I was the only guy left who still cares about that series and thinks Isaac would be awesome in Smash.
I never thought about Isaac Clarke in Smash. Of course it's not gonna happen but Dead Space 1 and 2 are amazing games. I wish EA would bring back the franchise, but that's unlikely :(

D

Deleted member

People are discounting Geralt because he originated from a book series. Which goes against Sakurais statements of “must originate from a video game.”

If you add him, you might as well add Goku at that point.
Geralt's position is nowhere close to Goku's
I've said it before but I'm betting not many people knew that The Witcher was a series of books first and the video games came after, meanwhile no matter how many Dragon Ball video games are released Goku will always be associated with the manga/anime first

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Only thing that makes Geralt weird is timing his Smash reveal right around the same time he got announced as a Daemon X Machina crossover character is a little strange.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Uh, what just happened?
Oh nothing really, just people finally calling out both Vergeburger and Sabi on their BS and kinda being irresponsible leakers, more so Verge than Sabi. You know the usual that's going on around here.

At this point we have a right to be skeptical with all these companies being deconfirmed. It's just starting to come off as a bit trollish right now. Who knows maybe that list is legit, unless if there really is a Smash reveal at the TGA's (even by a slim chance) then they, I mean Nintendo and Geoff could just be misleading the leakers to keep away to whoever this character identity is. I just hope that BOTH Vege and Sabi knows whoever this character is ends up being right for them, because if not they are going to lose all of their credibility within the Nintendo/Smash fanbase. This is pretty much their lifeline almost.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I see people still think Sony is not happening. Good good....
That means the shock factor from a potential Sony rep reveal isn't gone. I want people to underestimate Sony, that will make it's reveal all the more satisfying.
careful now, this much certainty and i'll have to screencap this post

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Geralt's position is nowhere close to Goku's
I've said it before but I'm betting not many people knew that The Witcher was a series of books first and the video games came after, meanwhile no matter how many Dragon Ball video games are released Goku will always be associated with Manga/Anime
That doesn't change the fact that Geralt is a book character. Just like Agumon being more well known outside of the games doesn't mean he isn't a game character.

Last edited:

Hexodus

Smash Cadet

Play video games, noobs.
If it turns out that Verge has been right this whole time, tehponycorn's gonna have enough material to write a whole second essay on the nature of the Smash Bubble. Especially if the character is one that isn't being repeatedly stated as "the only possibly option left."

Even it turns out that #5 isn't a character I want, I'm kind of hoping Verge's sources are correct, if only because it'll reveal some interesting things about what the speculation community doesn't see. This entire saga is fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom