• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m starting to agree. So far, the only reason why they got the information for Terry was because some idiots didn’t protect the fighter with a false name.
Also, the whole SNK leak happened then everyone went in on Terry.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well Nintendo did it again, they made another oopsie.

Daisy's twin is FP5.
Jokes aside, what does the tweet say? Anything else on the anniversary event?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Rough translation is thanking people for a year of Smash Ultimate.

Could we get someone more versed in the language than me to better translate?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Rough translation is thanking people for a year of Smash Ultimate.

Could we get someone more versed in the language than me to better translate?
"It's been one year since Smash Ultimate was released. Thank you everyone for supporting us."

-PushDustIn's translation

D

Deleted member

"It's been one year since Smash Ultimate was released. Thank you everyone for supporting us."

-PushDustIn's translation
Nothing particularly interesting then. Other than the celebration of the anniversary of one of the greatest games ever made.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Because Terry was actually legitimately hard to get and Nintendo ****ed some things up during it, I would say they IMPROVED the security for fighter #5.
Yeah, because a character with a giant amount of content that dwarves every DLC from Smash 4 and Ultimate and even some base roster characters, was a nightmare to get into Smash

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Good heavens, is it that time already?

It's everyone's favourite game, "misinterpret Sakurai's post as a hint" time!

Oh look, Daisy is with the other DLC characters! Is this a hint towards Fighter 5 being a female character from Nintendo? Stay tuned to whenever Fighter #5 is revealed.:ultpacman:

EKMvR-KU0AEJAaE.jpg

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So y'all thinking Daisy is a placeholder and they've got another version of that image with the real Pass 5?

Calling it, Princess Hilda of Lorule!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Oh look, Daisy is with the other DLC characters! Is this a hint towards Fighter 5 being a female character from Nintendo? Stay tuned to whenever Fighter #5 is revealed.:ultpacman:

View attachment 250554
@Lesley Black Velvet u seein this fam??

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It’ll obviously be a character represented by Daisy as a Spirit fight
Lin + Tatsu team confirmed for FO5

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Big announcement from Mr. Sakurai himself:

Sorry, but we've patched out Daisy and moved her to DLC as Fighter Pack 5. Please understand.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I do think that it's worth noting that in an AMA he did yesterday, Geoff Keighley stated that nothing from the show had yet leaked. It seems like they're doing an exceptional job at not having things leak from their end at least, which would explain why Sabi's source is unsure about whether #5 will be revealed at TGA, even if they might know who it is, they probably can't say for sure when the character will be revealed.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
So y'all thinking Daisy is a placeholder and they've got another version of that image with the real Pass 5?

Calling it, Princess Hilda of Lorule!
I think it’s a placeholder. The fifth fighter is a female. The female is likely character with royalty or a royalty background.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Daisy is where CP5 would've gone.
She is associated with orange as opposed to Peach's pink.
Color Theory confirmed :4pacman:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I like to give Sabi the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their source considering papagenos says the source is reliable, but whenever Sabi makes random assumptions or speculations it seems to be nonsense almost every time. It's really hurting their credibility.

D

Deleted member

I do think that it's worth noting that in an AMA he did yesterday, Geoff Keighley stated that nothing from the show had yet leaked. It seems like they're doing an exceptional job at not having things leak from their end at least, which would explain why Sabi's source is unsure about whether #5 will be revealed at TGA, even if they might know who it is, they probably can't say for sure when the character will be revealed.
Nothing leaks because Geoff finds anyone about to leak his show online and kills them with his bare hands
This in turns dissuades any other potential copycats, lest they wrestle with Geoff and meet their untimely death

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, stab in the dark, what you do you think Lara Croft's chances are?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay but imagine if that somehow actually turned out to be the case.

Her name is Laisy.
Aw man, I was hoping that Craisy would make it in.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I have a hard time putting a ton of stock in that. He's not gonna run around screaming that everything from the show got leaked

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

View attachment 250554
Strechiest of all stretches...

Mario is Andy (red clothing, Doc was Andy's Spirit fight), Daisy is Sami (taller than Andy, similar tomboyish personality).

This is an even strechier take than Lanky Kong. At least it's not Chairs tho lol.

Most likely, this was done by Sakurai and the devs to screw with fans after the Rathalos tweet made people think of Isaac. :)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So, stab in the dark, what you do you think Lara Croft's chances are?
Funny, I was actually thinking of Lara a moment ago as a left field choice for CP5. Methinks it would get the Smash Community by surprise.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I don’t blame Jon in this situation, who probably made funny tweet about how the Smash community would act if there’s no Smash news. Which is indeed true, on how the community is.

It was REALLY Sabi who went and jumped the gun and pretty much implied with that earlier tweet, that their might not be any character revealed. I know that they can do and only say so much, but some clarification with your tweets can be nice every once in a while.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Unless the devs get more straight with balancing the game. To me, MkLeo's Joker run at EVO was one of the most skillful runs in Smash. He isn't winning everything, and there have been times when he lost, but needless to say, a DLC character that is viable, but locked behind a skill gap, is good enough for the meta. No wonder people stuck with Melee Fox after all these years.
I agree. It's just a shame that most people wouldn't see it that way, and all they can see do is look at things from a surface level perspective and complain about how he's broken and needs nerfs because he's killing the meta.

Never mind that he's actually hard to master right? *rolls eyes*

D

Deleted member

Funny enough, Daisy would fit into color theory. Doubt it has any meaning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom