• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Any port in a storm, I think.

I got hold up on a lucky guess leak for a while because it got Richter, K. Rool and Dark Samus, and it had Gardevoir in it.
That’s exactly what I mean. I look at things from Namco’s view and consider their history with smash (especially 4). They’re not going to let themselves get screwed over in the dlc department and I also think Nintendo has similar thoughts as well and they want to maintain this relationship. The final decision was made before they anticipate the positive reception. Why wouldn’t they dare to take a shot at a slot? If it doesn’t happen, they’ll surprise me.

D

Deleted member

You see just how easy it is to list specific dates? Even I just did it right now, that is without a doubt the weakest argument for any “leak” potentially being real.
It's funny though. The more info a leak drops, the more it is fake. The less info a leak drops, the more ot is fake as well. It's strange to find a median point wherein a leak would be considered real.

It's probably the hunger the board has when it is desperate for information in times like these.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
....Ok, if I am reading this correctly, that is the absolute weakest argument I have ever seen on this site.

If you are referring to it guessing a direct date, it was on the 4th-5th I believe. It didn’t even get that correctly.

However, if you are referring to writing down a very specific date as potential proof for a “leak” potentially, literally anyone could do that.

In fact, why don’t I do it right now?

Dec 12: Monokuma will get revealed at the Game Awards. My source is also telling me there could be a Switch trilogy announced. Releases in February.

Feb 12: Lloyd Irving gets announced in a Nintendo Direct for post pass. That is all I know for now, my source will tell me more later. Releases in April.

June 16: Ryu Hayabusa and Crash will be at E3. Both of them will be getting new games revealed at the Sony conference, the latter one you probably have already seen rumors about. I do not know their release dates.

You see just how easy it is to list specific dates? Even I just did it right now, that is without a doubt the weakest argument for any “leak” potentially being real.

Of course, that is just my interpretation of your statement, if you were referring to something else, feel free to say so.

EDIT: Wait, I think you were talking about something else, I misconstrued your statement entirely, I think.
We are not in the same planet anymore. I’m just saying that Vergeban’s information is too strict for a leak. It might be a legit character but for a completely different slot.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
???

What does this have to do with what I asked?

I’m talking about people posting leaks that are obviously fake (4chan text leaks, bad models), and even they have the full knowledge that they are fake.

I don’t think that does anything to advance any discussion about FP5.
The same reason we talk about obviously fake leaks is the same reason that people go out of their way to create that s*** in the first place. It is to bring specific characters to people's attention. "Perhaps if so-and-so is in the spotlight and it generates enough awareness and excitement, others would request them more often until it happens?" is their rationale. Sometimes it works. There's no doubt that some of the characters that are almost exclusively popular in Super Smash cliques are because of fake leaks. It might mean nothing now, but when the seed is planted, the fanaticism it generates can carry over for years.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It's funny though. The more info a leak drops, the more it is fake. The less info a leak drops, the more ot is fake as well. It's strange to find a median point wherein a leak would be considered real.

It's probably the hunger the board has when it is desperate for information in times like these.
Getting information that’s too detailed from Sakurai or any big company is a pain in the ass. They purposely **** around to make the potential leaks harder to understand for most employees. It’ll be ridiculous if anyone gets a big pie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That’s exactly what I mean. I look at things from Namco’s view and consider their history with smash (especially 4). They’re not going to let themselves get screwed over in the dlc department and I also think Nintendo has similar thoughts as well and they want to maintain this relationship. The final decision was made before they anticipate the positive reception. Why wouldn’t they dare to take a shot at a slot? If it doesn’t happen, they’ll surprise me.
Bandai-Namco is literally making the game, there's no way it's getting the short end of the stick. Just because they didn't get another character as DLC doesn't mean PAC-MAN isn't in the game and they aren't collaborating with Nintendo (and not just for Smash, either).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still banking on Master Chief. Give or take.

I just expect FP5 to be just as surprising or bigger as we never would had thought:ultjoker:
The Smash speculation is under many, many stigmas right now. Honestly, I don't recommend banking alm your money onto one character you desperately believe is in.

Hell, I'm a naive believer of the "one company per pass" rule. I would say to myself that I don't believe my claim to be 100% correct.

Bandai-Namco is literally making the game, there's no way it's getting the short end of the stick. Just because they didn't get another character as DLC doesn't mean PAC-MAN isn't in the game and they are collaborating with Nintendo (and not just for Smash, either).
It's probably depending on the choice of the company. Should we get more representatives in the roster or are we still sticking with the one character that has been with us since day one?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Smash speculation is under many, many stigmas right now. Honestly, I don't recommend banking alm your money onto one character you desperately believe is in.

Hell, I'm a naive believer of the "one company per pass" rule. I would say to myself that I don't believe my claim to be 100% correct.
I'll take the risk. ;P

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's probably depending on the choice of the company. Should we get more representatives in the roster or are we still sticking with the one character that has been with us since day one?
I don't think it has anything to do with companies. Aside from Terry's pack being an SNK pack disguised as a Fatal Fury one because of KoF, all characters brought new content from only their series.

"Company reps" argument doesn't good evidence supporting it. Sakurai isn't going to accept or reject a character just because they're from Bandai Namco.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
We are not in the same planet anymore.
Problem is, you were incredibly vague with your wording, so i had no idea what you were referring to.

But yeah, I think you were talking about how they specifically said a “mecha female” in that fake leak. My bad.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think another Game Awards trailer is gonna follow the format of having Smash as the surprise instead of the character.

Compare Inkling and Joker's trailers to all the others. It looked like ads for one of their games (A Splatoon 1 remake and a Persona 5 spin-off respectively.) whereas almost all other Smash Trailers had the character as the surprise (K. Rool and Banjo Kazooie's come to mind).

So how do you think Trailers for different characters could play out with that in mind?

Steve: Looks like a Minecraft 2 trailer until a ROUND object shows up... a Smash Ball
Cooking Mama: Looks like a cinematic Trailer for the upcoming game, until the food suddenly disappears... with the camera panning to reveal Yoshi.
Sora: Looks like a new Kingdom Hearts spin-off until Sora lands in Hyrule.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Bandai-Namco is literally making the game, there's no way it's getting the short end of the stick. Just because they didn't get another character as DLC doesn't mean PAC-MAN isn't in the game and they are collaborating with Nintendo (and not just for Smash, either).
Pac-Man is in the game and yet Namco has a big unused list and a serious relationship with Nintendo in one of the biggest franchises. The urge is there.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC was mentioned in this leak, and now it's being corroborated by some gaming news outlets. This leak also says KOS-MOS is fighter five contradicting what Vergeben has said. The Remind detail is interesting, but it never had a date beyond "This Winter" so claiming a delay into January 2020 is a bit strange when that was the expected release window to begin with.

What do you all think?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's very considerate of you to care more on behalf of a company that doesn't seem to care themselves. I mean Pac-Man wasn't included at their behest, and last time they were the only third-party company to not receive DLC. Plus, y'know, it's not up to them.

They're already getting paid more than the other third-parties anyway. They're fine. Only the fans gauge business relationships by the quantity of characters, the companies care about the fiscal side of things.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think another Game Awards trailer is gonna follow the format of having Smash as the surprise instead of the character.

Compare Inkling and Joker's trailers to all the others. It looked like ads for one of their games (A Splatoon 1 remake and a Persona 5 spin-off respectively.) whereas almost all other Smash Trailers had the character as the surprise (K. Rool and Banjo Kazooie's come to mind).

So how do you think Trailers for different characters could play out with that in mind?

Steve: Looks like a Minecraft 2 trailer until a ROUND object shows up... a Smash Ball
Cooking Mama: Looks like a cinematic Trailer for the upcoming game, until the food suddenly disappears... with the camera panning to reveal Yoshi.
I recall a fanmade Sora trailer that starts in a very similar fashion to the first KHIII trailers. There's also the Ace Attorney DS trailer that Sakurai once talked about in his column some time ago.

But really, I think it's maybe easier to think of characters for whom a "surprise" like this can't be done than the other way around. And even then, it would be 100% subjective.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC was mentioned in this leak, and now it's being corroborated by some gaming news outlets. This leak also says KOS-MOS is fighter five contradicting what Vergeben has said. The Remind detail is interesting, but it never had a date beyond "This Winter" so claiming a delay into January 2020 is a bit strange when that was the expected release window to begin with.

What do you all think?
Fake.

Namco reps were deconfirmed by Vergeben.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Flaming/targeted harassment

What do you all think?
I hope Kosmos is real so that stupid plant guy looks like a complete jackass. I know it’s petty, but **** this is obnoxious as hell.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

What do you all think?
Did the guy who pushed full console exclusivity at Sony get fired recently? Or are they trying to outdo Microsoft in any way possible?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

What do you all think?
Remember that VGA leak last year that got almost everything at the beginning right (even the Stanley Parable deluxe edition) , and said that Crash and Banjo would have a duo reveal?

Yeah, still going to believe Verge over this any day.

D

Deleted member

What do you all think?
Unless Nintendo goes for the format that other fighting games do when it comes to reveals, I don't see this happening. As KOS-MOS was deconfirmed by Verge, pretty much trying too hard.

osby

Smash Obsessed

What do you all think?
100% fake, it says we'll get SMT V news.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I recall a fanmade Sora trailer that starts in a very similar fashion to the first KHIII trailers. There's also the Ace Attorney DS trailer that Sakurai once talked about in his column some time ago.

But really, I think it's maybe easier to think of characters for whom a "surprise" like this can't be done than the other way around. And even then, it would be 100% subjective.
For Phoenix Wright, I think the trailer would look like a full hand drawn remake of the first game, until Maya runs in with a letter for Nick. Phoenix tries to protest he's not a fighter but Maya already said they accept.

OBJECTION!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

What do you all think?
Said gaming news outlets aren’t mentioning the most important detail of the HZD PC leak tho: that it’s (ew) Epic Games exclusive. So for now I’m taking this with not a grain of salt, but the whole damn salt shaker.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Did the guy who pushed full console exclusivity at Sony get fired recently? Or are they trying to outdo Microsoft in any way possible?
Beating Microsoft in the exclusivity department isn't exactly hard when they cancel all of their projects.

D

Deleted member

For Phoenix Wright, I think the trailer would look like a full hand drawn remake of the first game, until Maya runs in with a letter for Nick. Phoenix tries to protest he's not a fighter but Maya already said they accept.

OBJECTION!
That'll be lowkey hype.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Beating Microsoft in the exclusivity department isn't exactly hard when they cancel all of their projects.
I meant in the opposite way. Microsoft has had success bringing their former exclusives to other platforms and the two of them have a habit of trying to outdo each other. Sony launched the ps3 terribly, so Microsoft had to launch the XBONE even worse.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oops double post.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It's very considerate of you to care more on behalf of a company that doesn't seem to care themselves. I mean Pac-Man wasn't included at their behest, and last time they were the only third-party company to not receive DLC. Plus, y'know, it's not up to them.

They're already getting paid more than the other third-parties anyway. They're fine. Only the fans gauge business relationships by the quantity of characters, the companies care about the fiscal side of things.
There is a difference between appearances and reality. Companies are really good at that.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I'm half convinced that Masahiro Sakurai's decision is based off of how creative he can get with the Kirby hats.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

What do you all think?
Oh look, another dime a dozen fake 4Chan leak that literally anybody can make.

I believe Sabi and even Verge before I trust one of those.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

• Sub-Zero - Fights and defeats Scorpion in what looks like a teaser for Mortal Kombat 11 DLC... then Ryu shows up and challenges him.
  • Phoenix Wright - Appears to be gameplay footage of Dual Destinies or Spirit of Justice... then Wright presents a Smash invitation as evidence.
  • Akira Howard - Shown fighting and defeating a Homunculus... then Fortitudo flies in and starts attacking Howard with Bayonetta on his tail.
  • Morrigan - Starts off as a partial recreation of the infamous "Darkstalkers Are Not Dead" trailer, but then it shows Morrigan sensing a strange new power... followed by Ridley flying down to Earth.
  • Monster Hunter - Begins looking like a cutscene from Monster Hunter World, with a Hunter fighting a Nergigante... then Link and Marth show up and start attacking as well.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Oh look, another dime a dozen fake 4Chan leak that literally anybody can make.

I believe Sabi and even Verge before I trust one of those.
“and even Verge”
I never seen you before and I could tell you don’t trust him or like him.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

OBJECTION!
I like the idea, but I'm not sure if they'd use another fully animated trailer like Joker's. If I remember correctly, Sakurai even said so, because they were really expensive. I'd be down for it though.

D

Deleted member

• Sub-Zero - Fights and defeats Scorpion in what looks like a teaser for Mortal Kombat 11 DLC... then Ryu shows up and challenges him.
  • Phoenix Wright - Appears to be gameplay footage of Dual Destinies or Spirit of Justice... then Wright presents a Smash invitation as evidence.
  • Akira Howard - Shown fighting and defeating a Homunculus... then Fortitudo flies in and starts attacking Howard with Bayonetta on his tail.
  • Morrigan - Starts off as a partial recreation of the infamous "Darkstalkers Are Not Dead" trailer, but then it shows Morrigan sensing a strange new power... followed by Ridley flying down to Earth.
  • Monster Hunter - Begins looking like a cutscene from Monster Hunter World, with a Hunter fighting a Nergigante... then Link and Marth show up and start attacking as well.
Hhahahaahaha.

At this rate, the entire Smash community is going to take note of every single trailer playing at the show and check if it's a Smash reveal or not.

Not actual gameplay footage

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I meant in the opposite way. Microsoft has had success bringing their former exclusives to other platforms and the two of them have a habit of trying to outdo each other. Sony launched the ps3 terribly, so Microsoft had to launch the XBONE even worse.
Maybe? Seems like an odd area to try and compete in because the more exclusives you release on PC the less reason people have to buy your console. Microsoft's actions seemed to me like an attempt at recouping some losses in an otherwise hopeless competition. So instead they leaned into the curve and released what few exclusives they had on other platforms.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There is a difference between appearances and reality. Companies are really good at that.
And yet you're the one basing your assumptions on appearances, being that of how the third-party companies look unequal, and I'm the one saying the reality of the situation is that behind the scenes, all the others pale in comparison to how much Namco benefits from Ultimate.

Plus again, it's not Namco's call. It's Nintendo's. Namco are contracted employees, they have as much say over this as Game Arts did.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters with the objective to write out fake leaks will eventually accidentally be accurate with one of their fake leaks.

For example, this fake leak accidentally predicting the Pikachu Funko and Mario Kart updates.
funkyleak.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom