• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How come people are suspecting Phoenix Wright for Smash but not Apollo Justice? He’s just as cool, if not cooler. Phoenix is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Nintendo was planning on adding an Ace Attorney character to Smash, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Phoenix is added instead of Apollo (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for Apollo.
B-but... Erdrick is in the game...

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
How come people are suspecting Phoenix Wright for Smash but not Apollo Justice? He’s just as cool, if not cooler. Phoenix is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Nintendo was planning on adding an Ace Attorney character to Smash, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Phoenix is added instead of Apollo (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for Apollo.
As that guy who actually likes Apollo way more than Phoenix...
Phoenix is the main character.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
personally I think instead of little mac they should've added bald bull

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Iconic is a pointless qualifier, it varies from person to person.
I mean, not really. If nobody agrees on whether something is iconic or not, it's not really an icon.

The fact that it varies just means some people are wrong.

Your time is better spent debating a less subjective, potentially meaningless term.
No such thing. They're all ultimately pointless.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
How come people are suspecting Mario for Smash but not Luigi? He’s just as cool, if not cooler. Mario is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Nintendo was planning on adding an Super Mario character to Smash, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Mario is added instead of Luigi (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for Luigi.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Real talk doh.

Glass Joe echo fighter when?
I don't think Little Mac, but worse would be all that fun. It'd just be Little Mac, but now his ground normals are also bad.

EDIT: Though his Final Smash being "Viva la France!" would be slightly entertaining as the only Final Smash that players can hit you out of.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How come people are suspecting Otto Matic for Smash but not The Giant Brain? It’s just as cool, if not cooler. The Giant Brain is more well known, but that doesn’t make it better. And if Nintendo was planning on adding an Otto Matic character to Smash, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Miis for Smash, but we got Mii Fighters instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Otto Matic is added instead of The Giant Brain (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for The Giant Brain.

Yeah this is gonna be a small in meme.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
How come people are suspecting Snake for play station all stars but not Raiden? He’s just as cool, if not cooler. Snake is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Sony was planning on adding a Metal Gear character to PSASBR, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Snake is added instead of Raiden (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for Raiden.

... huh? Wait a minute, no!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How come people are suspecting Freddy for Smash but not Springtrap? He’s just as cool, if not cooler. Freddy is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Nintendo was planning on adding a FNAF character to Smash, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Freddy is added instead of Springtrap (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for Springtrap.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
How come people are suspecting Otto Matic for Smash but not The Giant Brain? It’s just as cool, if not cooler. The Giant Brain is more well known, but that doesn’t make it better. And if Nintendo was planning on adding an Otto Matic character to Smash, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Miis for Smash, but we got Mii Fighters instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Otto Matic is added instead of The Giant Brain (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for The Giant Brain.

Yeah this is gonna be a small in meme.
How come people are suspecting Snake for play station all stars but not Raiden? He’s just as cool, if not cooler. Snake is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Sony was planning on adding a Metal Gear character to Smash, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if Snake is added instead of Raiden (if they were to be added in the first place), I think an alternate outfit would be the least they could do for Raiden.

... huh? Wait a minute, no!
How come people are suspecting SneakyLink to start the copypasta but not SmashSSL? He’s just as fast, if not faster. SneakyLink is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Smashboards was planning on having a copypasta user, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if SneakyLink starts it instead of SmashSSL (if they were to start it in the first place), I think a :ultgreninja: would be the least they could do for SmashSSL.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
I love Apollo, I think he deserved to take over the reins as the protagonist post-AJ, but Capcom just... doesn't love him. After they booted Takumi out, the main series' new writers made Polly share protagonist duty with Phoenix and a third lawyer, and then they wrapped up his arc in a half-assed way just so they could leave him in a foreign country where he can't interfere with Phoenix Time (tm). Meanwhile Phoenix gets to star in crossovers and spinoffs.

The best Apollo fans can hope for is an echo fighter, I think. Though, frankly even a dumb lil' mii costume would make me feel kind of happy for him.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I love Apollo, I think he deserved to take over the reins as the protagonist post-AJ, but Capcom just... doesn't love him. After they booted Takumi out, the main series' new writers made Polly share protagonist duty with Phoenix and a third lawyer, and then they wrapped up his arc in a half-assed way just so they could leave him in a foreign country where he can't interfere with Phoenix Time (tm). Meanwhile Phoenix gets to star in crossovers and spinoffs.

The best Apollo fans can hope for is an echo fighter, I think. Though, frankly even a dumb lil' mii costume would make me feel kind of happy for him.
I wish Apollo could get in as an Echo Fighter for Phoenix since I liked his story, haphazardly put together as it was. Unfortunately, Apollo is competing with Miles Edgeworth for the Echo Fighter spot assuming there's only one, and everyone (especially me) loves Edgeworth.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How come people are suspecting SneakyLink to start the copypasta but not SmashSSL? He’s just as fast, if not faster. SneakyLink is more well known, but that doesn’t make him better. And if Smashboards was planning on having a copypasta user, they’d want to throw us off. Similar to how people expected Erdrick for Smash, but we got Hero instead. They want to give the players characters they’ll want, but obviously don’t want them guessing all of the characters before the first few are even revealed. But if SneakyLink starts it instead of SmashSSL (if they were to start it in the first place), I think a :ultgreninja: would be the least they could do for SmashSSL.
...and that is why I'm SneakyLink. Ya never know where I post first... like the time I made the count bomb-bomb thread crazy.

But let's get back to Newcomer Speculation.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Before I highlighted your text so I could read it I was expecting you to say Miguel should be in over Heihachi...How is this a Resident Evil character?
It isn't, that's Miguel.

Carlos is soldier man with Miguel's hairdo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

“According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don’t care about what humans think is impossible”

-The intro of the Smash reveal at the Game Awards-

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I know this is fake, but what do you guys think about this Marina Liteyears picture leak?

I posted it earlier but it literally made me tear up considering I thought I was the only person on the planet who supported her and she's pretty much the most nostalgic want I have considering I wanted her since I first played the original Smash.

I'm hoping this gets covered by all the clickbait YouTubers just so people start supporting her and playing Mischief Makers.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's Morgana. Morgana confirmed for FP5!
Jack Frost, your new hee-homeboy, joins the battle! He's ready to turn Jhoker and Morgana into ice sculptures on the battlefheeld for stealing his invitation last year!

I haven't played Persona or SMT but I like Jack Frost.

“According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don’t care about what humans think is impossible”

-The intro of the Smash reveal at the Game Awards-
I can't beelieve it.

It's him.

D

Deleted member

Jack Frost, your new hee-homeboy, joins the battle! He's ready to turn Jhoker and Morgana into ice sculptures on the battlefheeld for stealing his invitation last year!

I haven't played Persona or SMT but I like Jack Frost.

I can't beelieve it.

It's him.

Exactly.

D

Deleted member

I know this is fake, but what do you guys think about this Marina Liteyears picture leak?

That Toon Link alt is the biggest detractor to this leak. But I have to give credit to anyone who actually modded this; they did a damn good job into fooling anyone naive.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I posted it earlier but it literally made me tear up considering I thought I was the only person on the planet who supported her and she's pretty much the most nostalgic want I have considering I wanted her since I first played the original Smash.

I'm hoping this gets covered by all the clickbait YouTubers just so people start supporting her and playing Mischief Makers.
LaxChris and Block Content where you at?!

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Lowkey I'd be hyped if Marina got in.

I know nothing about Mischief Makers. All I know is Marina shakes people but I'd be damn hyped for my boy Flyboy Flyboy . She'd probably be a real fun and unique fighter too so I'd be down.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, not really. If nobody agrees on whether something is iconic or not, it's not really an icon.

The fact that it varies just means some people are wrong.

No such thing. They're all ultimately pointless.
Yes, due to the fact that it varies, you are one of the people that is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom