• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem is a series about commanding small armies. Heck, it even makes sense that quite a few of them play similarly because many units in FE share the same abilities too.

It never surprised me that we had so many Fire Emblem characters eventually. It only has the minimum when it comes to representation in other areas like stages though.

Again, if you're so upset with the amount of Fire Emblem characters, just pretend we have 4 since 3/7 are based on Marth anyway.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm still leaning towards The Game Awards having a reveal, but a Direct this week is possible. However, there's a problem: There hasn't been a General Direct on December since December 2013 - back when the Wii U and 3DS were still alive, and we had Rosalina revealed on that day. If anything, maybe we could get a Smash presentation within the next few days, but we'll have to see.
I do think we'll get an announcement at the Game Awards, but that it won't be Fighter 5... instead, Fighter 5 will be revealed earlier the week before, while the Game Awards will instead feature the reveal of the first post-Pass character.

... admittedly, I'm also hoping for this to happen, if only so we can finally find out who Fighter 5 is and finally end this tiresome game of guess-who once and for all and move on to next tiresome game of guess-who for the next fighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what would annoy the fandom more than a character who wears a sword at least once?

A character who wears a sword at least once and doesn’t come from a game

Yup, he is in.
Vader's not happening though. No Namco reps means no Soul Calibur reps.

:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Smash fandom: “SwOrD bAd”

Fighter 5 entering the Game Awards stage:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
If you could get a playable Villain added to the roster from a series already in Smash, whod you choose?

Its a tie for me between Robotnik and Grunty.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Again, if you're so upset with the amount of Fire Emblem characters, just pretend we have 4 since 3/7 are based on Marth anyway.
That's the beauty of complaining about Fire Emblem. You can act like they steal other characters' slots and bring nothing new.

Sure, they significantly differ in playstyles while not taking too much development time but who cares, anime sword bad.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If you could get a playable Villain added to the roster from a series already in Smash, whod you choose?

Ganon the Blue Pig...
that or Dark Matter

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Hades

Dude was a riot in Uprising

would love him in smash just to relive his craziness

D

Deleted member

Zanza just so we have a chance of getting his battle theme:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That's the beauty of complaining about Fire Emblem. You can act like they steal other characters' slots and bring nothing new.

Sure, they significantly differ in playstyles while not taking too much development time but who cares, anime sword bad.
Something something blue hair bad something something weeb sword bad something something MY OBSCURE 90S CHILDHOOD CHARACTER WAS ROBBED.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

Oh definitely Hades. I would play as him in a heartbeat, especially considering whatever he says whenever he wins.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I mean, one of my friends, the big Nier fan of our group, told me that if I hadn't already gotten into it it wasn't gonna get any better and I tend to agree with him.
Totally fair. Just know there's going to be different opinions on that on when a good stopping point is for whether it "clicks" or not. I recall there was even a controversy with a reviewer that only got to Ending A, which I agree with as you can't properly review a game if you (vague, but also potentially major spoilers by implication)
haven't even played as the main character yet

With all due respect to Fatman, he really hasn't proven he knows anything insider-wise. He's just a member of Sabi's Discord server who reports on whatever rumors trickle down to him.

Plus, he's been leading the Geno thread on for years.
Wait, so were Fatman's credentials seriously only that he was in Sabi's discord? Because that discord is public and has over a thousand people in it. Is there some other private discord?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Clearly the best option is to pick a character in all routes: Lady Rhea. She's going to beat the competition senseless.
Pretty sure we've already had Rhea included since last time, though it's weird because for some reason her trailer just focused on Link and Pit fighting.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The thing I find most disconcerting is the double-think that goes on saying both "echoes aren't the same as other characters due to being low effort," "Roy needed to come back because he's a Melee mainstay," and saying "Fire Emblem has 7 whole characters worth, far too much."

Does not holding all 3 thoughts seem a bit contradictory?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Made a bunch of icons for some antagonists I want.
1575318699557.png

If I had to narrow them down, I'd condense it to Ganon, Dark Matter and Porky.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

I honestly think Grunty would have been in the game already if Banjo was never taken away from Nintendo.

Anyway, besides Grunty I'd love:
Pokemon - Guzma & Golisopod
Mother - Porky
Zelda - Zant
Kid Icarus - Viridi or Medusa

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

I don't know if I could pick just one, but it would likely be one of these...
  • Captain Syrup
  • King Hippo
  • Giovanni
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Garland
  • Kefka
  • Heihachi / Kazuya
  • Geese Howard
  • Nemesis

D

Deleted member

I don't know if I could pick just one, but it would likely be one of these...
  • Captain Syrup
  • King Hippo
  • Giovanni
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Garland
  • Kefka
  • Heihachi / Kazuya
  • Geese Howard
  • Nemesis
In the case I could pick more than one, I would say:

Rundas from Metroid Prime 3
Dragonlord from Dragon Quest 1
Captain Syrup from Wario Land
Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising
Sigma from Megaman X
Dr. Eggman from Sonic
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tbh can I just say no matter what happens at TGA there’s going to be salt from whiners and naysayers who are upset Smash doesn’t bend to their will?

Whether it’s key kid or Hero 2 electric boogaloo there’s obviously going to be people who are upset it wasn’t who they wanted even though we’re literally getting more DLC later come on lmao.

Like I know these people tend to be in a minority like with Terry but I still gotta say it’s funny seeing people flip their lid over character of the week lmao.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Black Shadow, especially if they go full Sentai Villain on his design and mannerisms.

Hon Mention to Medusa as a Palutena Echo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tbh can I just say no matter what happens at TGA there’s going to be salt from whiners and naysayers who are upset Smash doesn’t bend to their will?

Whether it’s key kid or Hero 2 electric boogaloo there’s obviously going to be people who are upset it wasn’t who they wanted even though we’re literally getting more DLC later come on lmao.

Like I know these people tend to be in a minority like with Terry but I still gotta say it’s funny seeing people flip their lid over character of the week lmao.
Well that's a given.

You gather a large enough audience you'll have a lot of opinions floating around and this is the age where you can spread that opinion with a touch of a button.

Not much value in just saying "Haters gonna hate" and all that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So how you'd feel about my FP5 and Season 2 predictions?

FP5- Sakura Shinguji(Sakura Wars)

Dante(Devil May Cry)
Lloyd/Velvet/Alphen(Tales)
2B(Nier)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden)

D

Deleted member

I just meme around when silly claims are made to make the mood more friendly.

In my eyes, anyone can get in. If they got added clearly there was someone who did want them.

And I am cool with that. Smash doesn’t try to cather to a specific group, but rather as much people as possible.

I’m personally 100% pleased already thanks to the fanservice Metroid and Dragon Quest got this time. If you told me years ago my boy Eight was gonna crossover with Samus I would be doubtful for some reasons... but it freaking happened,

2019 for the most part was a huge success for me.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Can we stop pretending that Fire Emblem actually warrants having 7, and possibly even 8, characters? Like I get it, gotta push back against all the Fire Emblem hate and all that but this hate happened for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom