• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hey, did either of our leaky friends say that 2B was out? Was thinking about it, and even though a second SquareEnix character in the same past as Hero seems somewhat unlikely, 2B would definitely be a reveal worth showing at the VGAs over a random Direct.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Demitri for me is a mixed bag. He only has like, one entry in his crossover resume (SVC Chaos), compared to Morrigan who has been with most Capcom crossovers since the beginning.
Demitri actually has a number of crossovers. Possibly the most out of all the Male Darkstalkers. Aside from SVC Chaos, Demitri has also appeared in Capcom Fighting Evolution, Namco X Capcom, Cross Edge, Project X Zone 1 and 2, as a costume in Monster Hunter Frontier and Street Fighter 5 and as a card in those SNK vs Capcom card games, Street Fighter X All Capcom and Teppen.

It's just very easy to notice on how much Capcom uses Morrigan, Felicia, BB Hood and Hsien-Ko for their crossovers compared to Demitri and Male Darkstalkers in general due to the Fighting game crossovers getting the most attention. And besides Demitri, fans have also been asking for Jedah and Especially Jon Talbain to be playable in the fighting crossovers, so seeing Jedah in Marvel Infinite was more than a surprise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sound the air horns everyone! We've finally made history!

To celebrate reaching the most blessed page number, I would like to point out that this guy hasn't been disconfirmed yet:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Leet page!

If the final fighter is a first party, I'm thinking it might actually be Porky, 3H Lord, maybe Bandana Dee or Waluigi/Isaac if the outcry was significant enough. If it's a third party, then... I dunno. The list of seeming frontrunners is basically out in the trash, so... shot in the dark here, thinking....... Reimu?

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Seriously why the **** haven't they made a Ruby Heart game yet? It's the easiest sell in the world. Make it an RPG where you pillage and plunder or something. Like a modern Skies of Arcadia or Rogue Galaxy. She at least should have been back in the future MvC games. C'mon!
The betch should have been Capcom's answer to Castlevania. It's up to Miriam now.

His entry quote better be “Ah ****, here we go again” or we riot
His quotes against the Astral Chain twins are going to funny as hell.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
also, wow... out of all the capcom characters not phoenix and not already deconfirmed, the first y'all flock to is morrigan?

where's the love for my boi, Rad Spencer?
View attachment 249436
The bionic arm alone would bring some excellent moveset material
Because then we'd get chuds saying we shouldn't want any female characters as we'd get Spencer's arm

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I hope something happens soon, things are boring when I wake up in the morning because it's usually just the same **** I read 6 hours ago

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If Sora makes it in I'm hoping one of his victory poses is the one where he imitates Cloud senpai's victory pose
Screenshot_20191202-122723.png

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I have the feel the 5th fighter is a first party, because this deconfirmation of all the most requested characters is very suspicious.
I think the newcomer may be someone from Breath of the Wild, one of the champions or... or I don't know.
If not Zelda, considering that the character is being presented at the game awards, it's almost certainly someone who can appeal to the hardcore gamers, a cool character from a respected franchise, maybe even a retro character from a cult series (something like the Belmonts but first party, does something like that still exist?).

If it's a third party, with the graveyard of deconfirmed characters, I'm starting to think it may be someone from Hollow Knight, the Knight or Hornet. And I would be fine with that, I love Hollow Knight and Hornet is one of my most wanted characters, the only (realistic) third party character in my top wanted list.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I haven't even played Hallow Knight yet (I have sitting on my Switch, though), but man, seeing a lot of people talk about it actually being possible for Smash makes me really happy. It would be such a cool addition.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have the feel the 5th fighter is a first party, because this deconfirmation of all the most requested characters is very suspicious.
I think the newcomer may be someone from Breath of the Wild, one of the champions or... or I don't know.
If not Zelda, considering that the character is being presented at the game awards, it's almost certainly someone who can appeal to the hardcore gamers, a cool character from a respected franchise, maybe even a retro character from a cult series (something like the Belmonts but first party, does something like that still exist?).

If it's a third party, with the graveyard of deconfirmed characters, I'm starting to think it may be someone from Hollow Knight, the Knight or Hornet. And I would be fine with that, I love Hollow Knight and Hornet is one of my most wanted characters, the only (realistic) third party character in my top wanted list.
Hollow Knight as FP5? I mean, while I didn't like the game too much, that'd be cool, but as the most realistic third party? I'm curious to know who else is in your list

D

Deleted member

Jesus christ why are there so many people here all of a sudden, nothing happened today, go home
You mean you didn't see the credible Miriam Bloodstained leak where she'll be revealed December 32nd and will come with Guilty Gear music?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If Zelda does get a newcomer, I'm not really sure who it could be. A Champion makes the most sense given how BotW was successful and it's still the most recent Zelda game that isn't a remake, but then you have the whole debate over Spirits and whatnot. I guess it doesn't matter too much. At this point, BotW2 could even be on the table for Fighter #6 onward. Just depends on how long they plan on keeping this going.

D

Deleted member

So it wasn't a character disconfirmation I woke up to but possibly a Nintendo Direct disconfirmation.

Why would they release this by itself otherwise?
Looks like they're bringing costumes back! Sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So I guess if you think wanting a character based on nothing but their gender is dumb then that makes you alt-right. I really do learn a lot coming to this forum.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like they're bringing costumes back! Sick.
Only Link's ATM but it's got all new abilities.

Now add the Varia Suit, the Kirby Costume and the Mobius Mushroom, then we'd be talking.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
If Zelda does get a newcomer, I'm not really sure who it could be. A Champion makes the most sense given how BotW was successful and it's still the most recent Zelda game that isn't a remake, but then you have the whole debate over Spirits and whatnot. I guess it doesn't matter too much. At this point, BotW2 could even be on the table for Fighter #6 onward. Just depends on how long they plan on keeping this going.
If Kass is still in BotW2 and teh game is great, im gonna start supporting Kass harder than i do now... same with mipha and urbisa. but i think that mipha and urbosa may not be present in BotW2 (wouldn't make too much sense)

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

I have no reason to believe that they will suddenly break the consistent pattern of third parties up to this point. And there are still plenty of options remaining.

Especially with the VGAs coming up.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Considering FP5 is likely in a presentable stage, I think there must be a reason why Nintendo held them off until December. But why reveal them so close to Christmas? Unless...

1575305997685.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom