• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My favourite Darkstalkers character is Baby Bonnie Hood.

Maybe because I am hyperactive and love the nuts moveset she has.
They need to stick her an Jon Talbain in the next Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Well...B.B. Hood wouldn't mesh if they were trying to go for a realistic artstyle again but they shouldn't be doing that anyway since it gatekeeps quite a few characters on the Capcom side and probably a bunch on the Marvel side as well.

D

Deleted member

Well...B.B. Hood wouldn't mesh if they were trying to go for a realistic artstyle again but they shouldn't be doing that anyway since it gatekeeps quite a few characters on the Capcom side and probably a bunch on the Marvel side as well.
The ideal Darkstalkers portion, in my opinion, of every MvC crossover should always be: Morrigan, Felicia, Talbain, B.B.Hood, Hsien-Ko, or an optional Demitri or Jedah.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Yeah, that was a mistake. Not only did the only MVC3 Models not react to it well, it made X and Zero stand out awkwardly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Haven't been here for a while, what's going on? ^-^
Well Nintendo dropped a big Super Mario Maker 2 update with playable Link out of nowhere so it's safe to say there'll be no General December Direct.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You're seriously gonna advertise Phoenix with that image? Please tell me this is a joke. If it were a real Phoenix leak, it should've been showing more details. I've seen better stuff than this. Bruh.
Says the person who won't stop "advertising" female characters.

D

Deleted member

Can we get Samus in SMM2 pls?

I would love to play as Samus in that game.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
You're seriously gonna advertise Phoenix with that image? Please tell me this is a joke. If it were a real Phoenix leak, it should've been showing more details. I've seen better stuff than this. Bruh.
Would it have more details though? When Terry/Banjo/Erdrick were leaked, was anything else except the character also revealed? Not saying this is real, but the leaks with a lot of extra details are the ones less likely to be legitimate.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well Nintendo dropped a big Super Mario Maker 2 update with playable Link out of nowhere so it's safe to say there'll be no General December Direct.
They could always do a small Smash Direct to celebrate one year since the game's launch this week and save the first post-Pass character for the Game Awards.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They could always do a small Smash Direct to celebrate one year since the game's launch this week and save the first post-Pass character for the Game Awards.
That's true though given the exact anniversary falls on a Saturday I don't think it will be on the 7th.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Broke: Morrigan won't get in because of boobies bad.
Woke: Morrigan won't get in because Capcom treats Darkstalkers like Nintendo treats F-Zero.
While giving us a couple of tracks, nintendo didn't manged to put captain falcon on mario kart ...

if f zero got darkstalkers treatment, it would get playable captn falcon, jody summers, pico and mr. ed just for the sake of it.

oh, and he would be on mario party, mario tennis, and mario mario.

Yeah not buying that. Chun Li would get into Smash before Morrigan, if not for Cero issues then because Chun Li is considered the First Lady of fighting games.
The other information in the post on SFV characters and a new dark stalkers game are also dubious at best.
I think that morrigan would bring way more to smash than Chun Li.. and thisis coming from someone who thinks that Chun Li is a very iconic fighter icon thats totally smash material and would love to have her in the game.

I just think that morrigan would be better.

I completely agree that the 4 chan leak seems super fishy...that morrigan design looks like one from the project x style of games and while morrigan is teh darkstalker more famous than the darkstalker game... a new darkstalker game centered only in 2 characters feel weird and wrong.

Also why they would add seth to SFV instead of say Oro, Dudley, or even C viper? Seth isnt exactly teh most popular guy, and while its true that gill wasn't either, revealing and updating seth AND gill at the same time would be weird as hell...

Exactly.

Capcom has a treasure trove of dead franchises that they may or may not revive at any point in time, (and will inevitably put into Street Fighter V as costumes)

case in point, Darkstalkers:

Yeah, this was 7 years ago.
You cant deny that the ammount of buzz darkstalkers as a franchise generates is pretty impressive for a completely dead franchise...
You don't see people constantly speaking of their wish of a new Gargoyle's quest/Demon's Crest game... and believe me I WOULD KILL for a new gargoyle quest game T.T

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
F-Zero DOES get the Darkstalkers treatment...to an extent. It got two Mario Kart 8 tracks, a Blue Falcon kart in MKWii, a minigame in Nintendo Land, and Falcon is "playable" in Mario Maker.

Falcon and Morrigan kind of are similar. The parent companies are not afraid to use the assets themselves, but for games they seem content with another IP that shares the same genre nowadays.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
If you know it is likely fake, why are you even sharing it?

(Btw Phoenix is among my most wanted and i dont buy this for one second.)
Because if we’re seriously humoring the Morrigan leak it’s good to have perspective on the sheer amount of leaks pumped out by /v/.

blackghost

Smash Champion
to the B.B. hood supporters well she would be the first villain in the dlc and has quite the umm... personality in the sense she's an evil merciless killer thats faking innocence.

morrigan issues isnt in the CERO rating but in the ESRB. Morrigan is a seductress and her personality would still have to be in touch for smash. all sexuality is not treated equally. Bayonetta personality is not centered on seduction for the sake of seduction. Morrigan is an entirely different story.
On a side note her sitting on the bats would be an awesome taunt in game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's this Morrigan leak y'all going on about? You didn't brew it in the Prison Toilet just to make Sabi/Verge come out and cut down another one did you?

D

Deleted member

Inb4 if I went to 4chan and posted something in the lines of “Fighter 5 likes pizza”, I would be featured on a LaxChris video and people would be browsing every videogame character who likes pizza.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Because if we’re seriously humoring the Morrigan leak it’s good to have perspective on the sheer amount of leaks pumped out by /v/.
I'm not humopring the Morrigan 4chan "leak"... that one is fakey, samey as teh phoenix wright "leak"

Doesn't mean that phoenix wright or morrigan are less likely though..

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
What's this Morrigan leak y'all going on about? You didn't brew it in the Prison Toilet just to make Sabi/Verge come out and cut down another one did you?
People are desperate for leaks and information, so now they are resorting to dime a dozen /v/ leaks.

There is literally nothing going for it.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
So it wasn't a character disconfirmation I woke up to but possibly a Nintendo Direct disconfirmation.

Why would they release this by itself otherwise?
Oh great, they added ANOTHER swordfighter... smh
Can we get Samus in SMM2 pls?

I would love to play as Samus in that game.
inb4 Mario Maker becomes Nintendo's new big crossover series now where Smash has been taken over by 3rd party :4pacman:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Inb4 if I went to 4chan and posted something in the lines of “Fighter 5 likes pizza”, I would be featured on a LaxChris video and people would be browsing every videogame character who likes pizza.
Speculators May Cry

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
The picture, wtf.
I think it's a Cheetahman reference.

Anyways, I think the F-Zero comparison is an undersell. Say what ya want about Darkstalkers (which was very influential to its genre), but Morrigan herself is definitely one of Capcom's go-to characters for crossovers, cameos, and even merchandise. It'd be like if Nintendo put Captain Falcon in dang near everything, which they don't. As far as prominence goes, I feel like she's the Link equivalent to Ryu's Mario.

There are quite a few different Capcom characters I would prefer over her, but I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if it ever happened.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Seriously though, I have no idea why we gave that Morrigan leak (or any /v/ leak) any attention.

If it got something right in the past, then maybe I’d understand a little more?

But no, its literally just your average everyday /v/ “leak”.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Demitri for me is a mixed bag. He only has like, one entry in his crossover resume (SVC Chaos), compared to Morrigan who has been with most Capcom crossovers since the beginning.

B.B.Hood would be an awesome character to have. Guns? Bayo and Joker.
Never played Darkstalkers, but if I had to pick a character I want for Smash it'd be Hsien-Ko, I like her bubbly attitude, and how she uses all those different weapons

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Never played Darkstalkers, but if I had to pick a character I want for Smash it'd be Hsien-Ko, I like her bubbly attitude, and how she uses all those different weapons
Culture noted and appreciated.

The Noid is making a comeback.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i see we're entering the 'let's humour literally any capcom character who isn't phoenix' phase of fighter 5 speculation

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What if I told you I made this?
I'd question your choice of image for the post, first and foremost.

Hey, man, Master Chief had a lot of pizza during the MCC PC announcement. Just saying. :)

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Is it Breath of Fire's time to shine?

No. No, it is not.

But seriously, none of the Capcom characters I'd care about are likely to even enter consideration, so that kinda sucks.
Samanosuke is probably my best bet, if that tells you something.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
also, wow... out of all the capcom characters not phoenix and not already deconfirmed, the first y'all flock to is morrigan?

where's the love for my boi, Rad Spencer?
RadSpencer2.png
The bionic arm alone would bring some excellent moveset material

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom