• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Maybe but you'd think deconfirming increasingly large amounts of candidates on a semi-daily basis is not that much safer.

Honestly at this point I'm just wondering how exactly one can know that the character isn't this many things and yet somehow still not know who the character is, or at least know where the character comes from. Your "source" tells you that it's not Scorpion or Doomguy, yeah whatever, I can swallow that. But when your "source" gives you a damned laundry list of things that the character is not the "I don't want to compromise my source" excuse starts to look flimsier.
Please refer to my previous post about compound probability.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Coked: Morrigan will get in BECAUSE Capcom treats Darkstalkers like Nintendo treats F-Zero (ie dead in every way except for being in Smash)
You jest, but Capcom really does love putting Darkstalkers characters into crossover games despite not making an actual new Darkstalkers game. Here's a list of other games that Morrigan alone has appeared in...
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2
  • (Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
  • Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001
  • SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters' Clash
  • SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters 2
  • SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS
  • SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
  • Namco X Capcom
  • Project X Zone
  • Project X Zone 2
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (a.k.a. Pocket Fighter)
  • Cross Edge
  • Gunbird 2
  • Onimusha Soul
  • Street Fighter X All Capcom
  • Teppen
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if, while in talks with Sakurai to include another character, Capcom themselves pushed for Morrigan in Smash Bros.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I did the math yesterday, and if you take any SINGLE deconfirmation from Sabi and/or Vergeben as 90% reliable, by the law of compound probability, the chance of ALL FOURTEEN deconfirmations being accurate is 23%.
Out of a list of 100 anime characters, I give each character individually a 99% chance of not being in Smash.

Mathematically, at least one anime character will make it into Smash

Tired Goku.png

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Out of a list of 100 anime characters, I give each character individually a 99% chance of not being in Smash.

View attachment 249403
Except Sakurai has EXPLICITLY stated multiple times that Smash is for video game characters only.
Whereas Sabi and Verge leaks have about 90% reliability based on history.
It's not an exact science, but I'm demonstrating mathematically how easily one of the deconfirmed characters could actually be FP5.

D

Deleted member

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if, while in talks with Sakurai to include another character, Capcom themselves pushed for Morrigan in Smash Bros
Then everyone in the other Capcom communities whose games are still relevant may get pissed that they're character didn't get in.

View attachment 249403
Really?

Assuming that Morrigan indeed gets into Smash, Sakurai will immediately go back on something he said. But however, anime characters and such arguments are perfectly invalid at a time like this.

I think I should put on my Maximilien Robespierre wig. Time to start another Reign of Terror.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

View attachment 249403
Slightly debatable actually. For pure sales alone, you got Luffy on your hands. For the most "balance" between the East and West? Dragon Ball.

For the boomers of anicent time anime? It's gotta be him.

1575273998577.png

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Reimu is not FP5 because she wouldn't fit for the Game Award.
And after that, she'll be treated as deconfirmed entirely because she wasn't FP5.
I Did make a Post on Smashfaqs about this

but Pretty Much, It's safe to assume that they don't chose characters based on the best time to reveal them, but because of their own character merits and uniqueness to Smash.

and you could argue that they could chose the Release Schedule based on the DLC Fighters. my thing is, If she shouldn't be revealed now, when should she have been revealed

Besides the September Direct, All the Avenues we got our DLC revealed at has been at Western Focused events. Keep in mind that really only 2 of our DLC fighters have Notable Western Presence (Joker and Banjo).

In the case that Reimu was one of our Fighters, that would mean Banjo would have to be Saved for This year's TGA...but that would mean E3, a Western Focused event, would have 2 Characters that really don't appeal the best to that crowd. in this case there really isn't Winning

Plus at the end of the day, it's a Smash Reveal, it's gonna get Hype one way or another.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I hope it is a Sony character.
Sir Daniel Fortesque.
& his trailer continues the Belmont trailer.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Slightly debatable actually. For pure sales alone, you got Luffy on your hands. For the most "balance" between the East and West? Dragon Ball.

For the boomers of anicent time anime? It's gotta be him.

Astro Boy may be older, but if you're going to go vintage, it's gotta be:

But really, on the anime side, there are enough "games that people don't realize weren't originally anime" options out there you could go with one o' them.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
You know how Reimu could work at TGA? Have Toby Fox present the trailer.

Reminder that Undertale would not exist without Touhou.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Reminder that none of the TGA audience has any idea what Toby Fox looks like...
The man makes basically all his public appearances (interviews, award shows, etc) in a white dog mask of some sort, so if cosmicB's suggestion were to happen that's probably how he'd make it known that it's him.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand why Sony, the company that said "We don't support crossplay because PS4 Is the best console to play on anyways", would ever let Nintendo use any of their characters for their crossover fighting game, especially when they could theoretically revive their own platform-crossover fighter whenever they want to.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I still don't understand why Sony, the company that said "We don't support crossplay because PS4 Is the best console to play on anyways", would ever let Nintendo use any of their characters for their crossover fighting game, especially when they could theoretically revive their own platform-crossover fighter whenever they want to.
Sakurai's arm twist is a powerful technique.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So it wasn't a character disconfirmation I woke up to but possibly a Nintendo Direct disconfirmation.

Why would they release this by itself otherwise?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Same way they got Banjo, Cloud and Hero. The Sakurai mind trick.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
So it wasn't a character disconfirmation I woke up to but possibly a Nintendo Direct disconfirmation.

Why would they release this by itself otherwise?
To be fair, i think no one expected a general, full-lenght direct before January. A mini direct focused solely on Smash is still possibile for this week. (I don't personally are it happening, but never say never).

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hopefully Fighter #5 will be at the game awards, otherwise it's time to panic.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I’m all for Morrigan in Smash as long as they can give her a sensible PG design for good boys and girls. I’m sure they could still get away with an “off the shoulder” outfit with the heart cutout in the center, they’ll just need to cover up her cleavage and bazongas. Didn’t they alter Bayo’s design slightly so it was more PG?

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Haven't been here for a while, what's going on? ^-^
Dante, Resident Evil, Crash, Tracer, Geno, Doom Slayer, anything from Namco, NIS, Ubisoft and Level 5 is deconfirmed for Fighter Pack 5.

Am I forgetting something?

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Fighter #5 will be at the game awards, otherwise it's time to panic.
All existing plans for DLC are cancled. Sakurai finally had it with these pesky fans and their endless demands and finally retires to go home a be a family man. Everyone who purchased the fighter pass gets a 20% refund in form of a e-shop discount.

D

Deleted member

All existing plans for DLC are cancled. Sakurai finally had it with these pesky fans and their endless demands and finally retires to go home a be a family man. Everyone who purchased the fighter pass gets a 20% refund in form of a e-shop discount.
Why ask for refund when I got everything I wanted and find Ultimate perfect as it is right now?

Sakurai and the Smash team can keep all the money I gave to them cause they deserve it.

D

Deleted member

I’m all for Morrigan in Smash as long as they can give her a sensible PG design for good boys and girls. I’m sure they could still get away with an “off the shoulder” outfit with the heart cutout in the center, they’ll just need to cover up her cleavage and bazongas. Didn’t they alter Bayo’s design slightly so it was more PG?
Morrigan is much, much easier to censor than Mai and still can be herself. Just...raise her top outfit, make it more like Palutena's, and there you go. Safe costume that still contains the essence of the character.

Highly recommend that anyone jumping into the Darkstalkers train to watch this video.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Never like Morrigan, would rather see Demetri, who is the actual main character AND needs zero censorship (as fr as I know).

Not that I think we'll get anything Darkstalkers anyway save for MAYBE event spirits.

D

Deleted member

My favourite Darkstalkers character is Baby Bonnie Hood.

Maybe because I am hyperactive and love the nuts moveset she has.

D

Deleted member

Never like Morrigan, would rather see Demetri, who is the actual main character AND needs zero censorship (as fr as I know).

Not that I think we'll get anything Darkstalkers anyway save for MAYBE event spirits.
Demitri for me is a mixed bag. He only has like, one entry in his crossover resume (SVC Chaos), compared to Morrigan who has been with most Capcom crossovers since the beginning.

My favourite Darkstalkers character is Baby Bonnie Hood.

Maybe because I am hyperactive and love the nuts moveset she has.
B.B.Hood would be an awesome character to have. Guns? Bayo and Joker.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kind of. They filled in the gaps on the back of her legs in her Bayo 2 outfit but mostly they made her proportions more human and less slenderman.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nice! Sakurai becomes Guile and everyone gets a $2.50 refund!

D

Deleted member

Kind of. They filled in the gaps on the back of her legs in her Bayo 2 outfit but mostly they made her proportions more human and less slenderman.
For some reason I prefer the leg covers. Still keeps Bayo being Bayo. And this is coming from someone who pockets Bayo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom