• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gonna just pop in to say my posts regarding Persona's popularity in the west weren't using my finest logic last night.

I was tired and a bit cranky. :p Persona has obviously got itself a pretty healthy standing over here in the west; using Terry probably would've been a better comparison for talking about Touhou's popularity in the west.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
also, wow... out of all the capcom characters not phoenix and not already deconfirmed, the first y'all flock to is morrigan?

where's the love for my boi, Rad Spencer?
View attachment 249436
Or Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, M. Bison, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne, MegaMan.EXE, Arthur, Strider Hiryu, Mike Haggar...

Also imagine trying to pit Capcom fans against each other. lmao

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Looking forward to that Phoenix Kujo vs EDGE episode.

Saw FeliciaFan's Sol Badguy moveset video. Pretty neat. With Kyo disconfirmed, Sol would be my go-to FG character next.
It's a great video that really shows what the character can do and why he's so cool. The music editing in it drives me crazy, though, but at least it gets the job done.

D

Deleted member

Or Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, M. Bison, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne, MegaMan.EXE, Arthur, Strider Hiryu, Mike Haggar...

Also imagine trying to pit Capcom fans against each other. lmao
Damn, I love Viewtiful Joe.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It's a great video that really shows what the character can do and why he's so cool. The music editing in it drives me crazy, though, but at least it gets the job done.
I mean, I kinda knew that already because I used to play Xrd -SIGN- during college. Sol is in that field where he's not one of my biggest wants, but I'd be hyped for sure if he got in.

I do think that giving him basically three neutral Bs is overkill, but some concepts in the video are interesting. Plus, with KoF's Max Gauge out of the way, GG seems like the way to go in giving a FG character a gauge gimmick.

D

Deleted member

Sol Badguy seems like a really fun character too.

I need to play Guilty Gear sometime soon.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh, on the subject of fighting games, I had a ton of weird dreams last night and one of them was a Smash dream where Sakurai mentioned Baraka in a Smash Direct and everyone got really confused because he hadn't had a trailer or anything but it seemed like he was going to be fighter 5.

D

Deleted member

Oh, on the subject of fighting games, I had a ton of weird dreams last night and one of them was a Smash dream where Sakurai mentioned Baraka in a Smash Direct and everyone got really confused because he hadn't had a trailer or anything but it seemed like he was going to be fighter 5.
I like those kinds of dreams.

They can get really silly.

Once I dreamt we were getting someone called “Madden Player”. He was a football player who looked like Pit on his Melee trophy.

KatKit

Smash Lord

I love Phoenix as much as the next the person, but y'all need to bandwagon on my girls Ruby Heart and Yellow Iris.

Why would Capcom create a French speaking, anchor/whip wielding, ghost-throwing pirate captain (who casually managed to assemble a team of some of Marvel and Capcom's best) that uses magical artifacts and pilots a giant flying ship just for one fighting game? Or a Latina bounty hunter who's also a supermodel, that's somehow part cat (because downloadable superpowers from a floppy disk), who also uses a whip and fights alongside her pet fox that can burst into flames.

In all seriousness, literally any Capcom character would be cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love Phoenix as much as the next the person, but y'all need to bandwagon on my girls Ruby Heart and Yellow Iris.

Why would Capcom create a French speaking, anchor/whip wielding, ghost-throwing pirate captain (who casually managed to assemble a team of some of Marvel and Capcom's best) that uses magical artifacts and pilots a giant flying ship just for one fighting game? Or a Latina bounty hunter who's also a supermodel, that's somehow part cat (because downloadable superpowers from a floppy disk), who also uses a whip and fights alongside her pet fox that can burst into flames.
Hell yeah, another MvC2 fan!

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Seriously why the **** haven't they made a Ruby Heart game yet? It's the easiest sell in the world. Make it an RPG where you pillage and plunder or something. Like a modern Skies of Arcadia or Rogue Galaxy. She at least should have been back in the future MvC games. C'mon!

D

Deleted member

Seriously why the **** haven't they made a Ruby Heart game yet? It's the easiest sell in the world. Make it an RPG where you pillage and plunder or something. Like a modern Skies of Arcadia or Rogue Galaxy. She at least should have been back in the future MvC games. C'mon!
I approve as someone who enjoys pirate stuff.

D

Deleted member

scenes when fp5 is minecraft steve in a surprising comeback victory

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Phoenix will always be Capcom most wanted number 2 for me (1 was Mega Man), but I'd unironically like Ruby Heart or Amingo. I know it probably wont happen, with their home series being Marvel Vs. Capcom and all, but it could be really fun to have rotund cactus man in Smash summoning little plants.

D

Deleted member

vga reveal, oh man it's phoenix oh god oh **** phoenix wright watch out it's steve the guy from minecraft and he has a gun
where did he get the gun
who is minecraft steve's arms dealer
these questions shall never be answered until phoenix wright can crack the case
which he cannot as he has been tragically murdered. shot 13 times by steve minecraft.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Baraka is an odd choice for a MK rep, but I wouldn't complain if it happens

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
A bit late to the Darkstalkers discussion, but if they can't get Morrigan due to ratings issues, Hsien Ko would be a pretty good alternative imo. She's an iconic character with her own fair share of crossover experience and amazing moveset potential.

You're seriously gonna advertise Phoenix with that image? Please tell me this is a joke. If it were a real Phoenix leak, it should've been showing more details. I've seen better stuff than this. Bruh.
Funny you should say that. Pretty much every 4chan text leak that turned out to be real had barely any details to it.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I like those kinds of dreams.

They can get really silly.

Once I dreamt we were getting someone called “Madden Player”. He was a football player who looked like Pit on his Melee trophy.
We talkin' about dreams? I dreamed a few weeks ago that they were adding Phoenix Wright, but it was a weird, live-action version of him that appeared in the Joker movie for some reason.

D

Deleted member

vga reveal, oh man it's phoenix oh god oh **** phoenix wright watch out it's steve the guy from minecraft and he has a gun
where did he get the gun
who is minecraft steve's arms dealer
these questions shall never be answered until phoenix wright can crack the case
which he cannot as he has been tragically murdered. shot 13 times by steve minecraft.
R.I.P. Mr Wright.

Baraka is an odd choice for a MK rep, but I wouldn't complain if it happens
Same.

KatKit

Smash Lord
When I first used Ruby Heart, I was like "I wonder what game she's from". There's storytelling in her moveset, and it seemed like it referenced a bunch of stuff from a game I never heard of. She collects crazy loot with magical powers. When I grew up and finally learned she was an OC for that game, I was like "REALLY?" Then when she wasn't in MvC3, I knew the dream was deferred.

Her anachronistic design can work in any kind of setting. Games set in the past, future, present, whatever. Ruby just flies in and does her pirate thing. I could see her in a platformer (especially), adventure game, RPG, visual novel, games like Soul Calibur and Assassin's Creed, etc. I'm surprised she hasn't been used as much as she should've been. She's so cool.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
They tried.
For mobile
Chinese and Japan only.

It got cancelled- :drflip:

D

Deleted member

When I first used Ruby Heart, I was like "I wonder what game she's from". There's storytelling in her moveset, and it seemed like it referenced a bunch of stuff from a game I never heard of. She collects crazy loot with magical powers. When I grew up and finally learned she was an OC for that game, I was like "REALLY?" Then when she wasn't in MvC3, I knew the dream was deferred.

Her anachronistic design can work in any kind of setting. Games set in the past, future, present, whatever. Ruby just rides in and does her pirate thing. I could see her in a platformer (especially), adventure game, RPG, visual novel, games like Soul Calibur and Assassin's Creed, etc. I'm surprised she hasn't been used as much as she should've been. She's so cool.
I completely agree.

They should at least bring her back for MvC4 if they don’t dare to give her a new game.

I see quite a lot of potential on the character.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I hate to drag up a previous discussion, but about Grant Kirkhope's response previously to Banjo which has been used to advocate for Sora. Kirkhope's exact words were "Don't Hold your breath". Looking back, that statement is pretty vague enough to not break NDA since it's more of saying "maybe, but I doubt it." instead of saying "Nope he's not in." So yeah I definitely think Travis, Master Chief, and Sora are out as FP5 with that in mind since if they were in, they wouldn't have said no directly.
Keep in mind that Frank O' Conor denied Halo 1 and 2 anniversary. So there is a reason to doubt his statement.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I find it VERY odd that Microsoft was the only company that hasn’t gotten Mii Costumes associated with them so far.

Could this have been done so Steve and Master Chief wouldn’t be deconfirmed for post pass?

D

Deleted member

:(

At least she's in Street fighter canon now, kind of. Maybe she'll show up in the new SFV edition.
I would even welcome her as a guest character in SFV at this point.

That or hopefully a better SFVI.

But yeah, time is the one who always tells.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Her anachronistic design can work in any kind of setting. Games set in the past, future, present, whatever. Ruby just flies in and does her pirate thing. I could see her in a platformer (especially), adventure game, RPG, visual novel, games like Soul Calibur and Assassin's Creed, etc. I'm surprised she hasn't been used as much as she should've been. She's so cool.
If memory serves, her, Amingo and SonSon are scrapped Capcom characters that got reused in MvC2. RH was supposedly a Darkstalkers character, Sonson was from a sequel to an old game that never came to be and for Amingo we know only that he was gonna be the protagonist of his own IP, but nothing else about it.

I'll try digging the source when I'm not on mobile.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH, Amaterasu and Phoenix are the only characters from Capcom I'd really get excited over.

One big reason I want Amaterasu is because it'll be the closest thing I'll ever get to having Wolf Link. Plus, Okami is just really, really cool.

Phoenix Wright is a huge want for me because lawyer man is a pretty cool dude. Just look at how cool he is.

D

Deleted member

you are too late, faygo von shill

i, or should i say we, have already made this Post
Tfw @punished faygo is unoriginal and is washed for memes. :rheapensive:

So that explains why I never knew where Amingo came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom