• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Y'all can barely even get Smash characters straight there's no way in hell I'm trusting any of you for investment advice.
Don't worry. I got an A in my economics class. I know everything you need to know this kinda thing.

Because he needs to be locked up.
Well...Being creepy isn't necessarily a crime. Also, we don't know the full story.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jesus **** this Tweeter/Leaker might be a pedophile?

Why are we even discussing this?
Ask TwiceEXE TwiceEXE , the person who just joined today and also linked the tweet. If I were a guessing boy, I would assume this person is the same one behind the account. Now thankfully, we don't have-

untitled.png

well you know what we can just ignore all of this and move on

Ivander

Smash Legend
This better be over and not devolved into something worse when I come back. Already getting PTSD from what happened in May.

D

Deleted member

so uh, I still think Dynasty Warriors, Soulcalibur, and The Witcher are the main 3 franchises that'll be in FP5, but I'd be shocked if Nintendo revealed someone like Zhao Yun or Lu Bu at the VGAs since Dynasty Warriors doesn't have any presence in any of the events and would make more sense being revealed in a Direct.

I hope this somewhat changes the topic cause we ended up having a bruh moment in under an hour :facepalm:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Alright, let's run the data here. This twitter account has an odd obsession with someone named Ruby Rose Turner.

View attachment 248871

Now a quick google search should tell us just who this i-

View attachment 248872

Please be run by a child please be run by a child please be run by a child
The Smash community be moving different sometimes, you hate to see it!

IMG_20191129_204336.jpg

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
This is essentially a 4chan text leak level tweet, but there is always a >0.1% chance it's true.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Alright, let's run the data here. This twitter account has an odd obsession with someone named Ruby Rose Turner.

View attachment 248871

Now a quick google search should tell us just who this i-

View attachment 248872

Please be run by a child please be run by a child please be run by a child

How did this thread get so uncomfortable, so quickly?! Who even looked up this tweet anyway?! Have we REALLY gotten THAT desperate to look for info from complete random accounts on Twitter!

I just got real uncomfortable, I’m done for the night! Hopefully this goes back to being somewhat normal in the morning.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
This better be over and not devolved into something worse when I come back. Already getting PTSD from what happened in May.
What happened on May? There can’t possible be something so ridiculously god awful in May.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What happened on May? There can’t possible be something so ridiculously god awful in May.
It’s... more of a Social Thread story.

I myself was at work when it all went down so the details are a bit fuzzy.

Maybe someone could send ya a pm?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If I had to explain it, I guess I would compare it to most other JRPGs. You know how generally the protagonist is the most generic, and people gravitate to the side characters because they're the ones allowed to be the most distinct? That's Geno in a nutshell, I guess.
Geno is the goodest boy in the Mario chronology.

Like Spencer from Bionic Commando is still technically competition for Capcom but did anybody jump to him when RE got spirits and Dante was considered not possible for fighter 5?
I mean...he's in my top 10. But I gotta pick my battles.

The Mechs being part of the lore would be the main constant throughout the series as it all started with Xenosaga for the PS1
You mean Xenogears?

Just a note that Talim is much more popular than Nightmare. Nightmare didn't even place top 5 when Soulcalibur was a dead series. Look at the interest poll

He definitley does not have the edge over KOS-MOS here.
Irrelevant, because it's the franchises that are competing, not the characters. Soul Calibur has the edge over Xenosaga. And if SC gets picked, even if Talim is more popular, she's unlikely to be chosen over the literal studio logo.

Something to keep in mind with KOS-MOS is she's a rare example of a character outlasting their origins.
That's not rare at all. Tons of characters continue to be recognized after their franchises have been long dormant.

Point being it was an interest poll for SC VI. If y'all claim Nightmare is so popular then why did Talim get 1st place?
Because Nightmare is basically a given and thus doesn't NEED to be voted for.

If you're smart, you vote for the characters that NEED your votes in order to return.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sorry for bringing up the questionable past, but at least we're not arguing for hours over the validity of a random twitter account. :drshrug:

So uhh, getting back on track, Kiryu's a pretty swell guy who would be cool to see in Smash, wouldn't yall agree?
What would Kiryu's recovery be?

D

Deleted member

Alright Imma say we drop the subject now because I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be the first to explain what happened in May
If your morbid curiosity gets the better of you take it to PMs

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If I remember right, I think it's better that anyone who wants to know what happened back in May asks about it through PMs. There's certain individuals here right now who would definitely re-spark that argument and lead to this being locked again.

Just don't PM me because I wasn't actually there and I only know about it second hand.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Alright Imma say we drop the subject now because I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be the first to explain what happened in May
If your morbid curiosity gets the better of you take it to PMs
I doubt May was that bad and I participate on 4chan as an anon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I doubt May was that bad and I participate on 4chan as an anon.
Oooh, big bad /v/ dweller's got skin of steel.

I frequent places like /qst/ and /r9k/ but even I get disgusted about the story of Brelooming Disaster.

So are most people betting on a VGA reveal or something before/after in a direct?
Probably VGA at this rate if we're following the pattern from last year.

BZocky

Smash Ace
It was in the Resetera thread for Smash DLC. I thought it was humorous that some no-name posted it. I never went down the list of tweets to see the.... other stuff.
It seems kinda suspicious they were able to find this and post it just 15 minutes after it was posted...

hikari.JPG

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ANYWAY

What anime y’all been watching - wait no that’s too off topic

so uhhhhh

Do you guys think... post pass characters will come with music?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was there during the events in question. Trust me, you're better off living in ignorance.
Is this in reference to ultimately why my posts don't all have the same 'like' on them anymore?

Or was that a different ****show? If it was, I don't care to know the one in question.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It seems kinda suspicious they were able to find this and post it just 15 minutes after it was posted...

View attachment 248879
Maybe this person is one of that account's few followers.

...Which, of course, would present a whole new can of worms I'd rather not open.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I've always heard the opposite.
Xenogears/Xenosaga/Xenoblade are spiritual successors made by some of the same people which share some similar themes, but are not canonically linked.

It's basically goes:

1. Guy makes Xenogears. Plans it to be a big franchise, but Square decides they don't want to make any more, but still owns the property.

2. Guy goes to Namco, starts a new series, Xenosaga, which is TECHNICALLY not the same series, but is meant to feel like it's the continuation of the old franchise. Then after a few games, Namco decides they don't want to make any more, but still owns the property.

3. Guy goes to Nintendo, starts ANOTHER new series, Xenoblade, which is technically not the same series but feels like the continuation of the old franchise.

Guy is just really invested in making this series happen, but keeps getting screwed by not owning his own IP.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I think the VGAs are possible, but we could also possibly see Fighter 5 revealed next week somewhat before Ultimate's anniversary.

D

Deleted member

ANYWAY

What anime y’all been watching - wait no that’s too off topic

so uhhhhh

Do you guys think... post pass characters will come with music?
No they'll all come with just a single track;
Environmental Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom