• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Looks a lot like something you'd see for a logo representing a character that's in Smash
It looks like a save icon.

Don't tell me we're still drawing conclusions of Smash icons through goddamn basic shapes and silhouettes.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
It looks like a save icon.

Don't tell me we're still drawing conclusions of Smash icons through goddamn basic shapes and silhouettes.
Look, I couldn't care less whether we got Tales content in Smash or not. It's something I found on other Smash speculation boards. I was just wondering if it meant anything at all, because I didn't see too many people discuss it here. It looks like one of those logos you'd see that would represent a character in Smash bros (Ex: An Earth for Earthbound/Mother, a Star for Kirby).

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Fatman may have been rude about Reimu, but idk, based on how he’s said other things it’s probably just his way of describing 4chan’s Reimu posts combined with insiders not hearing her I guess, though she could still get in imo. I think she’s cool.
I just think it's interesting how no one is even trying to verify the doujin leak, which still technically hasn't been deconfirmed.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
New Dig Dug looks pretty cool but Sakurai is a fan of old designs.

Hell, Hero was gonna be Squirtle-heavy and slightly larger than Ness according to dataminers when they first dug up "Brave" data, which could've meant he was originally just the size of a munchkin like his original drawings.

View attachment 248850

So Dig Dug probably would've been that weird tiny dude who beats the **** out of you with a tire pump.

View attachment 248851
Yeah but NxC Dig Dug better.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Look, I couldn't care less whether we got Tales content in Smash or not. It's something I found on other Smash speculation boards. I was just wondering if it meant anything at all, because I didn't see too many people discuss it here. It looks like one of those logos you'd see that would represent a character in Smash bros (Ex: An Earth for Earthbound/Mother, a Star for Kirby).
It only came up in Smash speculation because people will use whatever they can get their hands on to make themselves and others believe the character they want is likely.

I'm not denying the possibility, but I am saying I personally doubt it's meant for anything Smash related.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As someone that's new here, the Geno thread in general is kind of bizarre to me. It seems to be a defacto secondary overall speculation thread and is never on topic. Fatman clearly has some inside information, but he doesn't post anywhere else. Maybe this is something I'd better understand if I was here longer, but it almost seems like a cult of personality has formed behind both a poster and a character while the character itself is simultaneously a secondary point of discussion. It's a bit weird coming from other forums I guess.

I mean that's the thing. Apparently the Sabi discord is nonstop ripping on "weeb picks", yet Sabi him/herself doesn't seem to be outside that scene themselves. Praising Reimu on Twitter, Using Rei as their avatar, referencing Danganronpa of all things. Like is that just their public face and then they just go back in their private discord to make fun of "all the weebs that follow me" or something?
I don’t think Fatman actually insults characters for being “weeb waifu trash tier,” he’s never said such and one character he likes, Shantae, was also called that by insiders in the discord according to him.

Sabi...I don’t know, if he praises Reimu and likes anime/anime-like stuff then I would assume not.

For example: PapaGenos is a big Geno fan. His discord, however? Despite a lot of the people in there liking PapaGenos, you definitely don’t want to speak to them if you’re a Geno fan, as they’ll attack you for simply bringing him up (at least based on what people have said, I haven’t been there). Of course, PapaGenos definitely doesn’t secretly hate Geno.

I just think it's interesting how no one is even trying to verify the doujin leak, which still technically hasn't been deconfirmed.
It’s definitely interesting. Since the compression artifacts in the image are different, the leaker could still be legit, but who knows I guess.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I think one big reason for that is those circles wouldn't likely be connected to the sources that Sabi/Verge/Others typically get info from.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
They seriously don’t need more stages in smash, it wastes too much time on stuff that players will largely ignore because the fighter and legal stages are far more important for them. What we need is an option to select a list of pickable stages.
Considering that 80% of the Super Smash Bros fanbase, likely closer to 90% or even 99%, don't care about professional rules or 'legal' stages (often those are considered some of the more boring stages..think about it, a ton of people love Hyrule Temple and 64 Mushroom Kingdom and they aren't the most 'legal'), I really disagree with not adding more stages purely due to not being competively viable is the wrong way to go.
As for a list of 'pickable stages'..how would that even be set up? What's seen as legal, not legal, etc is constantly changing and kind of hard to predict for the Smash team.
Just wanna pop in here and say that the Resident Evil spirits feel like the biggest slap to the face I've felt in a while.
I really wish the term 'slap to the face' would fall out of popularity..I kind of hate it since it always sounds to me like people take it as a personal insult to not get something or exactly what they want.
For example, I love Athena Asamiya, but its not a slap in the face for me to have her as a stage element & Spirit..nor would it be a slap in the face to me to see 2B, A2, & 9S appear as Spirits..in fact, while I would be disappointed to not have 2B playable, I'd still be happy to see one of my favorite games represented in Super Smash Bros, just like I am with Jill being in Smash even as just a Spirit.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I am probably the only one here who would prefer Takayuki Yagami more than Kazuma Kiryu.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I have been lurking here for a while, reading about all the leaks and speculation. I decided to make an account as there is an aspect of this character pass that I don't see brought up often when discussing potential characters.

These five fighters were planned to be the last five characters for Ultimate. I'm sure there was internal discussion about doing additional DLC should this batch sell well, but that was never a guarantee. Now with these being the only characters and this potentially being the last Smash game Sakurai works on (there have been some rumblings about this, depending on how long it is until they start development of the next one), I think this may inform us of what to expect from the last fighter.

Now, I should note that the fifth fighter we are getting may not have been originally planned as the last character of the pass. There is a reasonable rumor that Hero was going to be the first character released but Joker was chosen to be revealed at the last minute for the VGA. So it's possible that someone like Terry was going to be the last character, but for one reason or another they were shifted forward. I've also heard that more DLC was decided following E3, so there may have been time to change the schedule with FP5 and a post pass character. But since we cannot know this I'm going to operate under the assumption that FP5 was always going to be the last Ultimate character.

What does that tell us about the nature of the character? Honestly, nothing. We don't know for sure what the thought process behind character inclusions is. However, I would posit that we can make educated guesses about it. Joker and Terry seem to be "Sakurai picks". They are relatively niche and without much linking them to Smash, but Sakurai is a huge personal fan of the games/characters. Hero is in a weird place where Sakurai likes the series but it is also a massive deal for being the grandaddy JRPG. Banjo, on the other hand, seems to be a pick made for the fan requests.

The sample size of DLC in the pass is so small that there is no pattern to be made out, but if I had to make a guess it would be that FP5 is going to be another "Sakurai pick". If it truly would be the last fighter that he ever put into Smash, why not make it a special pick. I think that means a "hype" character is unlikely and whoever it is will end up being viewed as niche. I really have no idea who it might be; Sakurai loves many games after all. But this is where my thoughts lead me currently.

I may be completely wrong about what kind of character would be selected for the last character, but I think the context of it being the last DLC for Ultimate should not be ignored.
Yesterday I posted a video by Jon from Gamexplain about his thoughts on Smash DLC and while I don't agree with everything he said in the video, he did bring up this point that FP5 was at one point going to be the last fighter. So it is interesting to think about from that perspective. You could possibly consider Joker and Terry Sakurai's picks, maybe Hero for Japan, Banjo for the west, and perhaps FP5 will actually be a hype pick intended for a more global audience. Maybe Sora?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I mean that's the thing. Apparently the Sabi discord is nonstop ripping on "weeb picks", yet Sabi him/herself doesn't seem to be outside that scene themselves. Praising Reimu on Twitter, Using Rei as their avatar, referencing Danganronpa of all things. Like is that just their public face and then they just go back in their private discord to make fun of "all the weebs that follow me" or something?
Pretty sure Sabi does want Reimu on some level. I've been told their Discord was themed after Reimu for a short time and Have seen them respond positively to Reimu tweets. But I'm also pretty sure Sabi supports a ton of characters, so it may not mean anything.

This is likely something nobody on the western front can look into due to the nature of doujin circles.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Going to be honest regarding Nightmare, people seem to just dismiss the other characters from Soul Calibur that are either posterboys or postergirls, most popular ones or the central character.

Its one of the few series where you can make an argument about other characters, a lot of the roles Ryu, Heihachi, Sol have in their games are just divided in SC among various characters.
While the characters from Soul Edge like Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Siegfried, Taki, Voldo, Seung-Mina and Cervantes are important to the series too, here's the big reason why I consider Nightmare the poster boy. Nightmare isn't just Nightmare. It is Soul Edge. It is Inferno. Soul Edge has been in the series since the very first game, Soul Edge/Blade. In that game, Soul Edge/Blade was possessing Cervantes. In Soulcalibur 1, 2 and 6, Nightmare was Soul Edge possessing Siegfried. In Soulcalibur 3 and 4, it was Inferno, the spirit of Soul Edge, using the scattered Azure Knight armor. In Soulcalibur 5, Nightmare was Soul Edge possessing
Raphael
and would later be in the hands of Pyrrha.

Nightmare isn't just a character. Nightmare is the chosen persona of Soul Edge, the true poster character, the on-going influence and Main Big Bad of the series. Soul Edge is literally the reason for many characters' adventure start in the series.
-Mitsurugi wanted Soul Edge to compete with the rise of firearms.
-Sophitia and Aeon Calcos/Lizardman were tasked to destroy Soul Edge.
-Taki went out to search and destroy Soul Edge because she believed it was affecting her weapon, Mekki-Maru, and influencing her master Toki.
-Hwang was told to find Soul Edge for his country. Yun-suong would follow in his footsteps to try and find Soul Edge to defend his country.
-Voldo was tasked by his master to get Soul Edge.
-Li-long and Setsuka wanted to find Soul Edge as it would've lead them to Mitsurugi who was also searching for it.
-Siegfried wanted Soul Edge to revive his father.
-Cervantes was once a normal man until he came upon Soul Edge. Then he became the Dread Pirate Cervantes.
-Xiang-hua was tasked to find Soul Edge for her country.
-Kilik's temple family was affected by Soul Edge's Evil Seed and he was forced to kill them, and eventually went on a quest to find Soul Edge after Edgemaster trained him.
-Ivy was made to be a host for Soul Edge, when Cervantes was possessed by Soul Edge and ***** a young maiden while possessed. Not only that, but her special weapon, made with alchemy, was fully constructed with Nightmare's help and she owed him for it. And now she literally fights against her fate of being used as a puppet by Soul Edge.
-Astaroth was made to find Soul Edge. And then he was eventually revived using a shard of Soul Edge in the next game.
-After the events of Soul Calibur, Maxi went missing, but was found and healed using a shard of Soul Edge.
-The Evil Seed and shards of Soul Edge had Cassandra try to find and destroy Soul Edge to free her sister from her oath and heal her niece and nephew.
-Talim went on a search to find Soul Edge due to wanting to find where the shards wanted to go to.
-Raphael's quest started because he wanted to use Soul Edge to change the world for Amy.
-Charade was literally Soul Edge shards that became a body.
-Zasalamel wanted Soul Edge AND Soul Calibur to make himself mortal.
-Tira was found by Nightmare/Soul Edge and she follows Soul Edge blindly.
-Pyrrha was literally affected by the shard of Soul Edge in Sophitia when she was a baby, and would not only become Malfested by Soul Edge's influence, but eventually became it's new wielder after Nightmare.
-Patroklos' hatred of the Malfested was taken advantage of by Nightmare and was used by Nightmare to kill innocent people he claimed to be Malfested.
-Algol wielded Soul Edge, and through his many battles with it, it eventually became evil and possessed his son, whom Algol tried to save, but failed. Algol then used a piece of Soul Edge and sacrificed his life to make Soul Calibur.
-And Soul Calibur, and it's spirit, Elysium, were made to stop and/or destroy Soul Edge, no matter the cost. And yet the fact that it was formed by a piece of Soul Edge may have had a possible influence on Soul Calibur's nature and judgement.
-That's not even counting how the Guest characters' roles in the games have them trying to find Soul Edge and either claim it or destroy it. In Necrid's case, he was a warrior that once got ahold of Soul Edge, but got trapped by the Chaos by Inferno. He eventually escaped after Soul Calibur defeated Soul Edge, but found he could not survive outside of the Chaos. So after attacking a bunch of people thinking they were enemies while he was in pain, he found a shard of Soul Edge which softened the pain and then made it his goal to find Soul Edge, stop Inferno and go back into the Chaos with Soul Edge to stop it from affecting anyone else.
Throughout the entire series, Soul Edge has always been the influence and force behind the series. Many characters and their lives were influenced and changed by Soul Edge.
Soul Edge - It was the reason behind the Dread Pirate Cervantes.
Soul Calibur - It was the reason for the Azure Knight and the Evil Seed, an event that forcibly changed and corrupted many people.
Soul Calibur 2 - It's shards scattered across the continent and were found by many people after it's defeat by Xiang-hua and Soul Calibur.
Soul Calibur 3 - Zasalamel brought the Azure Knight remains to Soul Edge, and in turned resurrected Nightmare, in an attempt to bring Soul Edge and Soul Calibur together to make him mortal.
Soul Calibur 4 - The fight between Siegfried and Nightmare brought upon a cataclysmic event that ended up pulling almost all of the Soul Edge shards back to Soul Edge, almost completing it and bringing it back up to full strength.
Soul Calibur 5 - Soul Edge managed to survive the battle with Siegfried due to managing to get a new host for ahead of time before it could be fully destroyed, allowing it to revive and start it's terror once again.

And not just from a lore standpoint. Soul Edge in Soul Calibur 2 could be wielded as a weapon by EVERY character and Soul Edge was an ultimate weapon for some characters in later games. And it's spirit, Inferno, was also the final boss in 4 games. And it is also used by Strife in Chronicles of the Sword. So the thing is that while the Soul Calibur series has alot of characters, none of them have had much of an influence throughout the actual series aside from Siegfried. And he was only a major player because of the fact that Soul Edge used him.
Soul Edge is the true poster character. It has a recognisable design, being a sword with an eye. And it controls a recognizable character in the form of Nightmare, a giant knight in Blue Azure armor with dark corrupted skin and yellow-red eyes. Nightmare is the form it takes to instil fear into the world and is the form it uses to kill people. Even after Soul Edge got a new host that had a different body structure, soul and fought with an entirely different weapon in Soul Calibur V, it didn't go the route that it did from Cervantes to Nightmare. It kept it's form of Nightmare, the Azure Knight, because people still remembered the killings and massacres of the Azure Knight and the heavy weight and terrors it brought on the world.
Soul Edge is the poster character of Soul Calibur. Inferno is it's Spirit and a major boss in the series. Nightmare, however, is the form directly chosen and used by Soul Edge. Nightmare represents Soul Edge.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Yesterday I posted a video by Jon from Gamexplain about his thoughts on Smash DLC and while I don't agree with everything he said in the video, he did bring up this point that FP5 was at one point going to be the last fighter. So it is interesting to think about from that perspective. You could possibly consider Joker and Terry Sakurai's picks, maybe Hero for Japan, Banjo for the west, and perhaps FP5 will actually be a hype pick intended for a more global audience. Maybe Sora?
I kept on pointing out the last fighter part because weirdly no one picked up on that fact. It’s something that made Sakurai’s Namco comments and Namco’s lack of reps so weird. Take out the idea of new fighters after the pass and everyone would say “it’s definitely Namco!”

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I don’t think Fatman actually insults characters for being “weeb waifu trash tier,” he’s never said such and one character he likes, Shantae, was also called that by insiders in the discord according to him.

Sabi...I don’t know, if he praises Reimu and likes anime/anime-like stuff then I would assume not.

For example: PapaGenos is a big Geno fan. His discord, however? Despite a lot of the people in there liking PapaGenos, you definitely don’t want to speak to them if you’re a Geno fan.
Oh, I was talking about the discord itself rather than Fatman. Though I'll admit, Fatman's dissmissiveness of the characters almost seems passive-aggressive, which honestly bugs me more than just "haha, ur pick stupid waifu trash" since it's more ambiguous and prone to assumptions. I have nothing against the guy which is why I apologized in there, but it's certainly something I see as a character flaw, which is whatever as I'm sure I have my own similar biases.

But my point was basically if everyone is just ripping on each other over characters that they're so sure AREN'T getting in despite the fact that none of this should be taken as 100%, then why are we not seeing this supposed insider discord as just any other old fan discord? If the "Fatman tier" insiders are all saying "you like Reimu? lol she not getting in" while Sabi has information that Reimu is indeed getting in and he/she sees all that being said in the discord while keeping their mouth shut, then I just don't get why we treat these people as insiders at all.

PapaGenos I understand more because he's a content creator with a sizable fanbase, and content creators are notoriously bad at keeping their fanbase under control, lol.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
The point of contention with me and that whole thread last night was basically me being bothered by the absolutism surrounding it all. The "KOS-MOS and Reimu are DEFINITELY not happening" assertions (assertions that NO other insider/leak have said publicly), which I'm confused by if we're not supposed to take it as 100%. I don't really want to bring it up in there anymore as I've made peace with the thread after a terrible first impression, but it's still something I'm struggling to understand.
If I'm getting correctly, the center of the circle Fatman is in is Sabi right? I remember him listing up his personal choices.
1. Lloyd. I remember playing Tales of Symphonia when I was like 6. I'm so old now that it's a far distant memory, but that game is sooo nostalgic to me. Honestly, any Tales Of rep would make me satisfied, though.
2. A Shin Megami Tensei protagonist. I would rather have one like Demi Fiend over Joker, but I'll take Joker.
3. Doomguy. This initially wasn't a character I cared about at all. But, after hearing how Bethesda had mysterious talks with Nintendo abut Smash, and yet has nothing in basegame, I think it's a valid possibility. I'd mainly like it because it'd be a sort of "defy the odds" sorta reveal. Would be really neat.
4. Isaac. I like Golden Sun, enough said.
5. Skull Kid. Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games of all time.
6. Crono. I realllllly love Chrono Trigger.
7. Another Mother rep would be a dream come true.
8. A XC2 or Xenosaga rep would also be a dream come true. KOS MOS or Rex + Pyra, for instance. UGH that mii costume and those spirits.
9. This one might sound silly, but a Fate rep. Fate/Grand Order is the biggest gaccha in Japan, and its root is as a visual novel and then a PSP jrpg, not an anime like some suggest. It's much more popular than Granblue, but would still be a wtf reveal in the West as gacchas still aren't that huge over here.
10. This one is a toss up. I'm one of those people who thinks Goku would be super cool if he was ever taken seriously and added, though I don't think that'll happen for another while if ever. I would also like a few others like Sephiroth or another FF rep such as Kefka. Or a Kirby villain such as Magalor.
KOS-MOS, Rex & Pyra, Fate rep, and Goku?
Then who's ****ting on weeaboo waifu trash in his circle?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
It only came up in Smash speculation because people will use whatever they can get their hands on to make themselves and others believe the character they want is likely.

I'm not denying the possibility, but I am saying I personally doubt it's meant for anything Smash related.
That's fair. Again, I only brought up the logo because I hadn't seen much discussion on it. I wasn't trying to beat a dead horse, more like I was trying to get more context as to what that logo possibly may be, or even mean. When it comes to character speculating, I like to be as unbiased as possible. I'm willing to call any character likely, even if its someone I personally don't want. The same could be said for the opposite; I'm willing to call my picks unlikely, typically to save myself from any sort of massive disappointment.

Even then though, I can't see him being disconfirmed for now. This goes not only for him, but for any of the various characters Sabi/Verge disconfirmed. Not because I'm a huge fan of all these characters. Quite the opposite really; it's more like I have this feeling that they're trying to save face. Maybe one of the "disconfirmed" characters are actually fighter number 5, and they're not allowed to say who it is... or maybe this is all just an elaborate prank done for attention. I dunno. Until I see the character announced, I can't 100% buy into any of the disconfirmations.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Pretty sure Sabi does want Reimu on some level. I've been told their Discord was themed after Reimu for a short time and Have seen them respond positively to Reimu tweets. But I'm also pretty sure Sabi supports a ton of characters, so it may not mean anything.
That is very strange. Is it literally all tongue-in-cheek in the same way a massive anime fan will refer to themselves as weaboo trash?

Is Fatman actually the odd man out for not wating weeb picks 0_o

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Fighter 5 Predictions?

Used to think it'd be Layton, but now I'm starting to have some doubts

With the 2010's drawing to a close, I've been seeing a lot of articles on "The Best Games of the Decade" and one game in particular has popped up in these lists more than I thought

For a while I kinda doubted it's inclusion, but now I'll be shocked if a Dark Souls representative isn't one of the first in line when it comes to another Bamco character

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
The problem with that line of thinking is that Smash has traditionally ended on the hypest possible character reveal.

Like for example Smash 4 ended with Bayonetta and Corrin; Bayonetta was definitely popular, but she wasn't nearly as iconic as either Cloud and Ryu. Corrin still has mixed reception to this day.

Smash 4 ended with Shulk's trailer in a Japan only Nintendo Direct. While Shulk was definitely requested before release, he wasn't an incredibly mainstream character either. The pattern goes on and on, but usually Smash starts strong but end on a lower note. Sora wouldn't really fit this pattern as he would be one of the most requested and widely known characters to get in Smash Ultimate (probably the most requested/known if I'm going to be honest).

That said, the above is nothing but a pattern; and a pattern will eventually break. Geoff is teasing a big Smash reveal, and Game Awards are looking pretty likely; chances are only a character around Joker's popularity will be revealed around the game awards. Sora was the most requested character before Ultimate even released, so who knows? Maybe Sora will indeed end off the pass, and this was the first time Sakurai saved the biggest for last.

Another possibility I can see occurring is Dovahkiin getting in, and bringing some Bethesda costumes with him (including the questionable Cacodemon hat).

EDIT: Dark Souls is another possibility, but I've been over why I think the gameplay of Dark Souls in difficult to translate to Smash. Not to mention that the Chosen Undead would probably be another Sword and Shield magic wielder, with decent/slow speed, a character we have already received within Smash Ultimate DLC already. Not to mention that the "typical" design of Chosen Undead is not that well known within most of the gaming community in general.

I stand by my ground that Dark Souls is better represented by a Boss and Assist Trophy because the gameplay is very similar to the likes of Monster Hunter. The actual bosses are more iconic then the Chosen Undead. Not saying that a Dark Souls rep couldn't happen though.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The problem with that line of thinking is that Smash has traditionally ended on the hypest possible character reveal.

Like for example Smash 4 ended with Bayonetta and Corrin; Bayonetta was definitely popular, but she wasn't nearly as iconic as either Cloud and Ryu. Corrin still has mixed reception to this day.

Smash 4 ended with Shulk's trailer in a Japan only Nintendo Direct. While Shulk was definitely requested before release, he wasn't an incredibly mainstream character either. The pattern goes on and on, but usually Smash starts strong but end on a lower note. Sora wouldn't really fit this pattern as he would be one of the most requested and widely known characters to get in Smash Ultimate (probably the most requested/known if I'm going to be honest).

That said, the above is nothing but a pattern; and a pattern will eventually break. Geoff is teasing a big Smash reveal, and Game Awards are looking pretty likely; chances are only a character around Joker's popularity will be revealed around the game awards. Sora was the most requested character before Ultimate even released, so who knows? Maybe Sora will indeed end off the pass, and this was the first time Sakurai saved the biggest for last.

Another possibility I can see occurring is Dovahkiin getting in, and bringing some Bethesda costumes with him (including the questionable Cacodemon hat).
Marketing wise, I would save Sora as an introduction of a another pass. A great hook is better than a fantastic end in terms of marketing.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I can’t wait for a character like Sakura or someone to get in so boomers get BTFO because apparently she “Stole a slot” from one of their precious characters like Crash or Rayman lmao.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
This is essentially a 4chan text leak level tweet, but there is always a >0.1% chance it's true.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
For some idea the idea of "Waluigi Syrup" popped into my head, and now I need to share my cursed knowledge with the world.
I actually really like this. My only issue with it being poor Waluigi.

The only pieces of Touhou music I'm familiar with are:

• Himorogi Burn in Violet
  • Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon
  • Plastic Mind
  • Native Faith
  • Fantasy Heaven
  • Grimoire of Alice
So if we get at least one of those in Smash, I'm all set.
This is the extent of my Touhou music familiarity.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Speaking of Yakuza, I wonder if there's ever a chance to get a game on Nintendo consoles in the future. Something like Yakuza 0.

is nintendo scared of yakuza or something?
I mean to be fair, Yakuza was primarily PlayStation until just recently. Sega didn't start porting the games to PC until after 0 and Kiwami did really well in North America and they just announced Xbox One ports for 0 and the Kiwami games a few weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Switch ports happened somewhere down the line since Sega is interested in expanding the series' ever growing western audience even further.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
This is essentially a 4chan text leak level tweet, but there is always a >0.1% chance it's true.
Oh ****, I’m right.

Sorry, it just caught me off-guard.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
517481149426302977.png

I question how you even came across this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom