• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Let's break down what happened on the 2019 edition of Black Friday, because a lot of stuff occurred here.
  • Lloyd got hit with the deconfirmation hammer for the #5 spot.
  • Sabi said he won't deconfirm any more characters as the Game Awards are getting closer.
  • There was an argument about KOS-MOS and Nightmare that spanned several pages.
  • There was potential information from a rando on Twitter with 5 followers, but it turns out said rando has a rather... disturbing tweet history.
Now let's leave all this behind (especially the last part) before anyone else here gets sick.

Anyways, in terms of when we can expect a new reveal, I would say probably the Game Awards or potentially next week.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ha! Will told me the incident! I will find it!
You could literally PM anyone like they asked of you and they would tell you, me included. I only dropped a name, but you'll never find them unless you do deep digging. Or you could just respectfully ask people who know privately.

It was in the Resetera thread for Smash DLC. I thought it was humorous that some no-name posted it. I never went down the list of tweets to see the.... other stuff.
I see. Apologies for the brash assumption, but what thread exactly?

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
What would Kiryu's recovery be?
I could see it being a basic shoryuken-esque uppercut attack, but I also remember one idea a while back that involved him using an exploding oil drum to launch himself in the air. There's not a whole lot to pull from for recoveries, but I could see them coming up with something that could work.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
ANYWAY

What anime y’all been watching - wait no that’s too off topic

so uhhhhh

Do you guys think... post pass characters will come with music?
I’m hoping post pass characters are packaged with stages/music, unless they’re like an echo or something.

Even if I don’t care for a character’s play style I can still enjoy stages/music.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That discussion isn’t suited for this thread. This is specifically for Smash speculation, so let’s not muddy this thread up with that discussion, feel me? Not worth it.

I’m not all that interested in text/tweet leaks considering the track record they have for validity in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai at the Game Awards after Ultimate wins GOTY; no Smash reveal has happened so far:

"I'm sure a lot of you are wondering who the next character is, and I'm happy to announce that you'll all find out... in February!"

If this happens, I totally want to stick around for another 2 months of mindless speculating again.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sakurai at the Game Awards after Ultimate wins GOTY; no Smash reveal has happened so far:

"I'm sure a lot of you are wondering who the next character is, and I'm happy to announce that you'll all find out... in February!"

If this happens, I totally want to stick around for another 2 months of mindless speculating again.
Now that I think about it, didn’t the Smash 4 speculation forums shut down in October before we got the final three characters?

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think... post pass characters will come with music?
I hope so. I have no reason to doubt Post Pass will be like the first five passes because Sakurai clearly specified there will be more "Fighter Passes." Sounds like more of the same.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We might have found an actual pedophile and I think someone randomly talked about this thing (watch with caution in mind):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dUiIV--86kI
Okay how the hell did you find that? Who even is that? Now you're creepy, I never knew that was a thing.

:214: I shouldn't have said anything, my apologies fellas.

Eh, I'm patient enough to wait, but the internet will be fuming.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ha! Will told me the incident! I will find it!
Hard to take you seriously when you talk like an anime character who just found out a way to foil the villain's master plot.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I see. Apologies for the brash assumption, but what thread exactly?
It's OK. I would be suspicious too of a new account that posted that. It's my fault for not reading all the other tweets and just posting it for a laugh.

It was called Smash Ultimate DLC Discussion or something similar. I just wanted to see what people were saying about Lloyd now that he's been disconfirmed, I don't frequent that forum (and am even less likely to now).

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
:214: I shouldn't have said anything, my apologies fellas.
Happens to the best of us. Some people just don't know how to leave well enough alone.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyway, on-topic, I hope post-pass characters get the same treatment Fighter's Pass characters do. Maybe not an entirely dedicated spirit board, but at least a stage and some music.

Adding new songs to Smash Ultimate's OST is part of the charm of new series being represented, and nobody would say no to a new stage to play on.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
To bask away from this drama, let us assume that all future fighters have to be from completely new companies, adding a new copyright. Let’s say you can add... 5 (FP5 + 4 more)
Who do you add?
My answer:
1. Heavy
2. Reimu
3. Otto Matic
4. Doomguy
5. Carmen Sandiego

D

Deleted member

Anyway, on-topic, I hope post-pass characters get the same treatment Fighter's Pass characters do. Maybe not an entirely dedicated spirit board, but at least a stage and some music.

Adding new songs to Smash Ultimate's OST is part of the charm of new series being represented, and nobody would say no to a new stage to play on.
Yeah I don't see why the Post pass would be any different in content. My only concern is that the "More DLC" announcement didn't specify they would be Fighter Passes like the ones we've been getting right now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What the hell is going on anymore?!
It's over now at least, so we shouldn't care about it. I'm hoping the guys at the ResetERA thread are making the same revelation we did, though, even if it did cause some fuss. Let's just move on, no point in talking about it by telling others to move on, this post included.

My only concern is that the "More DLC" announcement didn't specify they would be Fighter Passes like the ones we've been getting right now.
Do you think we'll get another bundle or will I be unable to save a precious $4.95?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah I don't see why the Post pass would be any different in content. My only concern is that the "More DLC" announcement didn't specify they would be Fighter Passes like the ones we've been getting right now.
Every DLC newcomer has come with a new stage so far (minus Corrin), so I'm just hoping that continues. The varying stages are one of my favorite parts of Smash.

D

Deleted member

Just a matter of time before someone posts the Donald Glover gif with the room on fire
I gotcha covered

Ha I got you it's actually the gif of Grandpa Simpson walking in and out of the door
Bet you feel like a real ****ing fool now huh

D

Deleted member

Every DLC newcomer has come with a new stage so far (minus Corrin), so I'm just hoping that continues. The varying stages are one of my favorite parts of Smash.
All of the DLC stages so far have made be happy minus Suzaku Castle from Smash 4. There's something very charming about simple they are. Reminds me of Melee.

D

Deleted member

Can we get back to the stupid KOS-MOS vs Nightmare arguments? Or I don't know Goku in Smash? Final pass character being Mappy or something?

7NATOR

Smash Master
I want to know what happen in May, but who Do I PM Exactly?

Also on topic, But I've always thought about it. Besides Mii Costmes and Characters, there you think there could be other Paid DLC Content, Like Seperate Stages, or Paid Modes. Perhaps since we are just having 3rd parties get only spirits in DLC, that other characters that aren't planned to be playable can still get so meaty content in Smash in other ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom