• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
because he doesn't come from a fighting game that makes heavy use of those kinds of attacks.
However, it would still make sense for the Mishimas to have access to the DP input, because it's used for both the Hellsweep and Wind God Fist.

D

Deleted member

Y'all are laughing now
But you won't be when Ridley takes a gravity gun-lanched wooden box to the face in the next trailer

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Yea. But that's an M rated game.
I mean "kid friendly" characters.
Hell, look at Shiela from the Reignited Trilogy. In the PS1 Spyro 3, she was a regular naked kangaroo. In the remake, she was covered up.
Cause God forbid a female cartoon animal have a bare chest.
Princess Ruto was naked in Ocarina of Time, but they put her in a dress in Majora's Mask.

She was the only Zora to be clothed and it looked so jarring lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What if we get a Tales rep but it turns out to be Alphen to promote the upcoming Tales of Arise?

I personally wouldn't mind too much since I think his design is pretty badass.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That’s because Gordon Freeman looks so ridiculously real.
Nah. I was probably confusing him with Morgan Freeman.

Exceptions exist.

Speaking of which, how is that game? I wonder if there's a support thread for it. It seems like one of the less ****tier smash clones but I never played it.
That doesn't count. She's wearing arm bands. :4pacman:

I did think she was a boy at first though.

What if we get a Tales rep but it turns out to be Alphen to promote the upcoming Tales of Arise?

I don't know who that is, and I've never seen him before...

...But I'm sold.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I disagree. It's Lloyd and KOS-MOS first now. Heihachi is without a doubt not getting in as fighter #5. This is evident when you realize he didn't come as a mii costume so that costume is going to come with Lloyd or KOS-MOS.
I'm confused as to what you're trying to claim about Heihachi not being #5 because the Mii costume was missing. There's absolutely zero evidence to indicate his costume will come with #5 beyond the fact it didn't come back, and that could just as easily point to Heihachi becoming playable as the exact opposite of your initial hypothesis as to why it was missing with the SNK content. If anything, his absence from that group is more meaningful because I don't believe for a second that Sakurai actually cares whether all the Mii costumes are balanced in DLC or not, and would just release them when they made sense before that.

Also, Agumon, Chosen Undead/Solaire, The Prince from Katamari, Nightmare from Soul Calibur? Claiming KOS-MOS is that far up there has always seemed super weird when Bandai Namco legitimately has one of the most competitive fields for their next character, and KOS-MOS is a tiny, tiny part of Bandai-Namco as a whole.

Does it though? I think it'll factor into people picking up character five as much as purple factored into people picking up Hero.
I thought the point was that it was just aesthetically pleasing and whoever #5 is would end up with the orange background... but I also did kind of drive by read lol.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I'm confused as to what you're trying to claim about Heihachi not being #5 because the Mii costume was missing. There's absolutely zero evidence to indicate his costume will come with #5 beyond the fact it didn't come back, and that could just as easily point to Heihachi becoming playable as the exact opposite of your initial hypothesis as to why it was missing with the SNK content. If anything, his absence from that group is more meaningful because I don't believe for a second that Sakurai actually cares whether all the Mii costumes are balanced in DLC or not, and would just release them when they made sense before that.

Also, Agumon, Chosen Undead/Solaire, The Prince from Katamari, Nightmare from Soul Calibur? Claiming KOS-MOS is that far up there has always seemed super weird when Bandai Namco legitimately has one of the most competitive fields for their next character, and KOS-MOS is a tiny, tiny part of Bandai-Namco as a whole.

I thought the point was that it was just aesthetically pleasing and whoever #5 is would end up with the orange background... but I also did kind of drive by read lol.
Praise the sun

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
All this Guilty Gear talk and not one mention of Bridget?

blackghost

Smash Champion
I disagree. It's Lloyd and KOS-MOS first now. Heihachi is without a doubt not getting in as fighter #5. This is evident when you realize he didn't come as a mii costume so that costume is going to come with Lloyd or KOS-MOS.
i really cant tell if you seriously think KOS-MOS is a large part of namco and will be the fighter 5 or if you just really want it. But you are pretty much advocating for joanna dark to get in over banjo as a rare rep.

Reading some of these comments,its super clear a large portion of posters really have no interest in games that are not nintendo core family. I mean people really act like the TGA were noting before potential smash reveals was a thing.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
In regards to Heihachi's Mii Fighter costume being absent, one very important thing to point out is that the Mii Fighter costumes coming with Terry were all fighting game-themed. Not only were there costumes based on SNK fighting game characters, but we also saw the return of the Smash 4 costumes based on Akira and Jacky from Virtua Fighter. It would've made perfect sense to include Heihachi's Mii Fighter costume there, yet he's notably the only one absent.

Of course, there's the inevitable argument of "He's a Namco character, so his costume is being held back to be released with another Namco character", which admittedly does make sense... but then following that logic, Akira and Jacky should've been released with Joker since all three are Sega characters, yet they were instead released with Terry, an SNK character... so what gives?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
In regards to Heihachi's Mii Fighter costume being absent, one very important thing to point out is that the Mii Fighter costumes coming with Terry were all fighting game-themed. Not only were there costumes based on SNK fighting game characters, but we also saw the return of the Smash 4 costumes based on Akira and Jacky from Virtua Fighter. It would've made perfect sense to include Heihachi's Mii Fighter costume there, yet he's notably the only one absent.

Of course, there's the inevitable argument of "He's a Namco character, so his costume is being held back to be released with another Namco character", which admittedly does make sense... but then following that logic, Akira and Jacky should've been released with Joker since all three are Sega characters, yet they were instead released with Terry, an SNK character... so what gives?
Joker is linked more to atlus characters than sega characters.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Joker is linked more to atlus characters than sega characters.
And yet the Tails and Knuckles Mii Fighter costumes still came with Joker, because at the end of the day all three of those character are technically owned by the same company. So again, following the logic that it would make sense for a Namco costume like Heihachi to release with a Namco character, why weren't the Akira and Jacky costumes also released with Joker?

D

Deleted member

Well goddamn. I can already tell you I'd prefer this guy to be the Tales rep in Smash over Lloyd and Yuri even if Arise isn't out yet.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Were Akira and Jacky new costumes?

KillerCage

Smash Master
I don't trust fan rules, patterns, or fan theories at all.
Repeat after me:
"Smash pattterns are made to be broken."

All you need to know about Blazblue:

- It's a time loop
- Noel is actually Ragna's sister and there's over 6 of her because of Murakumo bull****
- The Murakumos are a product of Relius and Terumi
- Hakumen is Jin, Ragna's brother, from an alternate timeline using the suit of Terumi's true form
- Naoto and Es come from a different universe
- Es stands for Embryo Storage
- Naoto is actually Alt Universe Ragna
- Nine ****ed a Cat who has an entire species cloned from him and is Ragna's mentor
- Ragna's adoptive mother is Nine's sister

And then there's this

BB lore is ****ing dumb
It's dumb and I love it.

I also love the gag reels!

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Yea. But that's an M rated game.
I mean "kid friendly" characters.
Hell, look at Shiela from the Reignited Trilogy. In the PS1 Spyro 3, she was a regular naked kangaroo. In the remake, she was covered up.
Cause God forbid a female cartoon animal have a bare chest.
As a counterexample, Super Monkey Ball still exists, where Aiai wears a shirt while Meemee is both topless and wears a skirt that isn’t anywhere near long enough to cover her butt.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I mean it does make sense that Heiachi’s mii costume is still missing. It would probably be tied into Lloyd’s announcement. Along with a few more Namco-Bandai costumes.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I do think that some of these users are making KOS-MOS look like a more important character than she actually is. I think that Agumon has better chances than she does.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Can't break a pattern if there wasn't actually a pattern to begin with /head point
That’s the big problem with predicting fighters before this fighter’s pass, there isn’t a structure to it.
I do think that some of these users are making KOS-MOS look like a more important character than she actually is. I think that Agumon has better chances than she does.
Why important? Joker isn’t even slightly important and he still gets the rep status for his series because Sakurai likes persona 5. Not to mention, Sakurai also has played xenoblade 2 and enjoyed it. He praised Soft for their work on the game, calling it an achievement.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Were Akira and Jacky new costumes?
Nope, they were Smash 4 DLC costumes.

Unrelated to you, but I'm also really pulling for Jill Valentine and Heihachi to fill out our major Japanese franchises (and they're cool potential additions). At 92 Million Sales and 48 Million Sales respectively, they're the biggest Japanese originating and owned franchises left not already in the game and they're also massively influential and popular IPs with loads of beloved fans, and both work excellently in fighting games too. I just need this to happen kind of haha.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think the characters will app have different background colors but they won't have been chosesn because of them.
Exactly. Even if color theory is right, all that tells you is the background color. Nintendo can put literally any character in front of that background.

What purpose does a theory serve if it doesn't help you predict the character?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
All you need to know about Blazblue:

- It's a time loop
- Noel is actually Ragna's sister and there's over 6 of her because of Murakumo bull****
- The Murakumos are a product of Relius and Terumi
- Hakumen is Jin, Ragna's brother, from an alternate timeline using the suit of Terumi's true form
- Naoto and Es come from a different universe
- Es stands for Embryo Storage
- Naoto is actually Alt Universe Ragna
- Nine ****ed a Cat who has an entire species cloned from him and is Ragna's mentor
- Ragna's adoptive mother is Nine's sister

And then there's this

BB lore is ****ing dumb

At least they're creative in explaining their clone characters. lol
(I don't think Hakumen and Susano-oo play anything alike. It's just a joke)

Also, I thought Naoto was a Persona character. Also also, that part you have in the spoiler box is probably the funniest plot I've read. Wasn't expecting it since the series seems to take itself so seriously.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I think he is, but there's also a Naoto in BlazBlue. If I recall correctly they're both in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also, I thought Naoto was a Persona character. Also also, that part you have in the spoiler box is probably the funniest plot I've read. Wasn't expecting it since the series seems to take itself so seriously.
No, no, no, that's Naoto Shirogane. Naoto Kurogane is the one we're looking for.

... bit of a problem when they're both on-screen at the same time though...

naotos.png

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I know I've harped on Agumon a lot in the past, but I literally can't grasp this idea that Digimon is somehow important to the gaming landscape aside from virtual pets, which, frankly, no one cares about if they weren't born in the 90s. Do I think KOS-MOS is important to the gaming landscape? No, of course not, but she's essentially the mascot for MonolithSoft and does crossovers for Bamco. She's an actual video game character and not a technicality.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I know I've harped on Agumon a lot in the past, but I literally can't grasp this idea that Digimon is somehow important to the gaming landscape aside from virtual pets, which, frankly, no one cares about if they weren't born in the 90s. Do I think KOS-MOS is important to the gaming landscape? No, of course not, but she's essentially the mascot for MonolithSoft and does crossovers for Bamco. She's an actual video game character and not a technicality.
People mostly just want Agumon in the game to have a battle to the death between rival franchises, like Ryu and Terry or Mario and Sonic.

You're not... not right.
Wait what.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom