• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
That would be a great argument until fighter four was announced... Denying the pattern is denial at this point. Reggie sneakily leaked us critical information and the information was true. He was involved with the business decisions in the pass.
IDK isn't that kinda like saying "every DLC fighter for Smash 4 has been either a veteran or big third party, no way there's going to be a new first party at this point!" or "every newcomer for Ultimate has been a fan-pleasing request, there's no way there's going to be a more obligatory Pokemon pick at this point!" or something like that?
Maybe I worded that wrong lol. I meant a character like Piranha; not technically part of the next pass, but just a bonus for buying said pass.
So still a character that comes with the character pass, but isn't a character of said character pass?
Okay okay, it could be like, an echo fighter or something that is distinguished significantly from the fighters of the pass like the Rex costume was, but at that point I don't see why you wouldn't just put it amongst the other characters of the pass and raise the overall number.
Same here actually. for some reason I thought the name Gordan Freeman was some real life actor or something, it sounds like one at least...
I didn't realize it was an actual game character until recently...
We're seriously considering Gordan Ramse-Oh you mean Freeman.

You know, before I knew what Half Life was I thought Gordan Freeman was a real person.
Man, if only I actually knew anything about Half Life or Morgan Freeman to make some sort of joke here.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
IDK isn't that kinda like saying "every DLC fighter for Smash 4 has been either a veteran or big third party, no way there's going to be a new first party at this point!" or "every newcomer for Ultimate has been a fan-pleasing request, there's no way there's going to be a more obligatory Pokemon pick at this point!" or something like that?

So still a character that comes with the character pass, but isn't a character of said character pass?
Okay okay, it could be like, an echo fighter or something that is distinguished significantly from the fighters of the pass like the Rex costume was, but at that point I don't see why you wouldn't just put it amongst the other characters of the pass and raise the overall number.

Man, if only I actually knew anything about Half Life or Morgan Freeman to make some sort of joke here.
Nah, people were making patterns in something h that wasn’t structured at all. The pass is completely different as it is structured.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Nah, people were making patterns in something h that wasn’t structured at all. The pass is completely different as it is structured.
It doesn't mean that we can't see characters from veteran franchises, especially first party ones, as DLC.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So basically all we know about FP5 at the moment is that it's not Scorpion, Ryu, Crash, Geno, or Doomslayer and that Sabi has a name but can't reveal it in any way since it will expose her source

D

Deleted member

So basically all we know about FP5 at the moment is that it's not Scorpion, Ryu, Crash, Geno, or Doomslayer and that Sabi has a name but can't reveal it in any way since it will expose her source
You're spot on.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It doesn't mean that we can't see characters from veteran franchises, especially first party ones, as DLC.
I feel like the entirely new worlds thing was something that only applied to those first 5 spots, anything after that is fair game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't bother with BlackInk. If you provide evidence against his point he resets like a high score.

If you must do something, just bookmark his posts and save them for later.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Tell me. Does the lack of evidence of my part forgive the lack of evidence on your part?
Dude, I’m not lacking jack. You’re just too prideful to say “maybe it’s possible but I doubt it”. That was the reason I was pissed at you. The fact you admit you literally have nothing to counter my evidence besides saying “it’s not evidence” is annoying.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Mostly accurate, but Sabi doesn't have a name; their source does, but they won't reveal it yet, only saying what it isn't.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ngl I’d seriously question things if Half-Life were represented in Smash before Portal.

Portal in general is just more marketable and almost always used to represent Valve in crossovers and the like, GLaDoS in particular is basically a gaming icon at this point and both the first and second games are considered among the greatest games of all time.

I’m not trying to necessarily undersell Half-Life but I just think for a big mascot party fighter something like Portal would fit a lot more, that’s just my take tho.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah that was a grade A **** move, LMAO.

Dude had legit info, everything he said came true, and then for no reason, said Dante would be in Smash.
View attachment 247596
Could be for getting people off his track or just for ***** and giggles. The world will never know.

...He had some really specific DMCV info, too. Like how the music system worked with the combos, the fact we had a new character (V) and the entire gameplay style of said character.

Still banking on Capcom either way, though not Dante, because of Matt Walker's tweet. He's got good chances for season 2 though.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Isn't Terry's jacket completely animated by hand instead of leaving it to the physics engine and doesn't Terry himself not have a T pose as a default but rather an A pose? If we got that level of detail to reference how godlike SNK's sprites are then an Arcsys character would absolutely be animated like an actual anime character with smears and ****

While Sakurai can make almost anything at this point, I seriously have some difficulties imagining Sol in Smash looking like he does in his games. Maybe it's just me, of course, but replicating Guilty Gear visuals in Smash would be tricky, I believe.

But hey I wouldn't complain. He isn't super likely but if Joker made it I'm completely sure characters like Sol have some chances. Specially when the new Guilty Gear is making a decent buzz in the media, if GG Strive manages to be like Persona 5 was for his franchise that would help as well. I see some similarities between Sol and Joker in terms of circunstances and I definitely could see Sakurai picking Sol outta nowhere. I don't know if he likes Guilty Gear but I don't know, I think choosing GG for Smash would be something very Sakurai lol

Let's rock!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
it's not Tracer either... probably not Arle either but that's not as set in stone as the five you mentioned plus Tracer

D

Deleted member

Dude, I’m not lacking jack. You’re just too prideful to say “maybe it’s possible but I doubt it”. That was the reason I was pissed at you. The fact you admit you literally have nothing to counter my evidence besides saying “it’s not evidence” is annoying.
I don't need evidence to question the legitimacy of your argument. Since you're making the claims, the burden of proof is on you, not me. You have already admitted on another thread you have zero evidence for anything and everything you say, so your theories have no basis and can't be proven 100%. Of course I can't believe this ****.

Historical examples? Nintendo is still new when it comes to dlc..
The only pride I feel is that I'm actually being rational about this. I've seen the Grinch leak be wrong, I've seen Gematsu miss some Smash 4 fighters, I've seen Final Fantasy and Persona in the same game together, and I've seen a ****ing random NPC mook make it into Smash over actual requested characters. Patterns are bull**** and mean nothing to me when it comes to Smash Bros. KOSMOS can very well be in and I'd love that, but no way in Hell can you prove right now that is the case.

This isn't me saying you are 100% wrong. This is me saying you are not 100% right, which matters more.

Last edited by a moderator:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
While Sakurai can make almost anything at this point, I seriously have some difficulties imagining Sol in Smash looking like he does in his games. Maybe it's just me, of course, but replicating Guilty Gear visuals in Smash would be tricky, I believe.

But hey I wouldn't complain. He isn't super likely but if Joker made it I'm completely sure characters like Sol have some chances. Specially when the new Guilty Gear is making a decent buzz in the media, if GG Strive manages to be like Persona 5 was for his franchise that would help as well. I see some similarities between Sol and Joker in terms of circunstances and I definitely could see Sakurai picking Sol outta nowhere. I don't know if he likes Guilty Gear but I don't know, I think choosing GG for Smash would be something very Sakurai lol

Let's rock!
[Removed images for mobile]

Well... Sol wouldn't look the same per se, but I bet Sakurai would find a way to make it work. To quote Maximillian Dood: "Ken looks better than Ken literally ever did in 3D." So I think Sakurai and team would be able to translate GG's art style in some way.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Smash 4 Mii Costume DLC has NOTHING to do with Ultimate. At all.
They’re both smash games. You have to accept the possible reality that those mii costume characters will not be in this pass (and the costumes are likely coming with the pass fighter). You can consider that they are possible for future dlc.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
it's not Tracer either... probably not Arle either but that's not as set in stone as the five you mentioned plus Tracer
We can probably also rule out Rex (at least for the Fighter's Pass) since his game came out a little too late when the FP was being finalized (otherwise he wouldn't be relegated to mii costume)

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Ngl I’d seriously question things if Half-Life were represented in Smash before Portal.

Portal in general is just more marketable and almost always used to represent Valve in crossovers and the like, GLaDoS in particular is basically a gaming icon at this point and both the first and second games are considered among the greatest games of all time.

I’m not trying to necessarily undersell Half-Life but I just think for a big mascot party fighter something like Portal would fit a lot more, that’s just my take tho.
IMO Portal would work best as a stage, with GLaDoS as a stage boss. For a Valve character, I feel like Gordan or someone from TF2 would work better than chell, but that’s just me.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They’re both smash games. You have to accept the possible reality that those mii costume characters will not be in this pass (and the costumes are likely coming with the pass fighter). You can consider that they are possible for future dlc.
I mean... so is Smash 64 and Melee...?

I mean, yeah it's a possiblity but that's an assumption at best.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah yeah yeah Half-Life and Portal and all that

But this is SMASH BROS; if Valve's involved, I want this guy

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I don't need evidence to question the legitimacy of your argument. Since you're making the claims, the burden of proof is on you, not me. You have already admitted on another thread you have zero evidence for anything and everything you say, so your theories have no basis and can't be proven 100%. Of course I can't believe this ****.

The only pride I feel is that I'm actually being rational about this. I've seen the Grinch leak be wrong, I've seen Gematsu miss some Smash 4 fighters, I've seen Final Fantasy and Persona in the same game together, and I've seen a ****ing random NPC mook make it into Smash over actual requested characters. Patterns are bull**** and mean nothing to me when it comes to Smash Bros. KOSMOS can very well be in and I'd love that, but no way in Hell can you prove right now that is the case.

This isn't me saying you are 100% wrong. This is me saying you are not 100% right, which really matters when it comes to speculation.
Zero evidence??? What? I quoted the Nintendo president about their decisions with general dlc, the fighter’s pass dlc, and look into the fighters of the pass to correlate with said qoutes so the context of them is fully realized. How is that not more rational than depending on unknown “leakers” with premises that are too good to be true? With Kosmos, I have correlate the Namco stuff, connections with the Rex costume, the 2018 Xenosaga copyrights, analyze how the Rex costume is odd when it isn’t in the base game and can’t be accessible without the pass (unlike the cat girl), look into the audience for the people who want the Rex costume and how Nintendo might be able to make that 25 dollar price tag seem fine to them. My perspective is completely reasonable on a business stance. You don’t have to agree with it.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Everytime someone misspells Gordon's name, a headcrab somewhere dies tragically. Please, for the love of all things good, think of the poor headcrabs.

D

Deleted member

Apparently from what I heard, that Monsun leak is pretty sketchy to say from the higher-ups. So that means we're back to square one. Great...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I mean... so is Smash 64 and Melee...?

I mean, yeah it's a possiblity but that's an assumption at best.
Smash 4 was when third parties were actually extremely relevant. Mentioning those other games doesn’t make sense when almost everything about thing is unrelated with smash ultimate.
Apparently from what I heard, that Monsun leak is pretty sketchy to say from the higher-ups. So that means we're back to square one. Great...
Oh my. A leaker is lying about who is in smash, how surprising. It’s not like 99% of the time, the “leaker” is bull****ing about that.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly what do people expect when they pick these weird, made up fantasy names like Gordon and Isaac?

I'm not a mind-reader. Pick normal names like Edelgard, Heihachi and Decidueye.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Honestly what do people expect when they pick these weird, made up fantasy names like Gordon and Isaac?

Ghirahim is easier to spell because IT IS a fantasy name. The names like Gordon and Isaac are pretty much normal names with “unique” spellings.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Everytime someone misspells Gordon's name, a headcrab somewhere dies tragically. Please, for the love of all things good, think of the poor headcrabs.
Now I know how to save humanity from turning into a bunch of mindless zombies XD.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Some Sabi tweets from earlier today, for what it's worth. Hadn't seen them posted yet.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

My uncle's dog and Sakurai's dog came from the same litter, and he told me the Fighter 5 is Nonspecific Action Figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom