• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Or it could be a placeholder since that copyright didn't change even with Terry's release.
Definitely.

Yawn...gotta prepare my novena for later just in case my hopes rile up.

Or probably watch some K-Pop videos.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
So? There's a ton of 3rd party spirits.
Most of the third-party spirits we have are either from series that were published by Nintendo in Japan (base game), associated with a DLC fighter (self explanatory), or part of a recently advertised game (Tetris 99, Daemon x Machina, etc.) and it looks like Trauma Center doesn't fit any of those criteria. Joker is Atlus owned but all the spirits are from Persona 5 except Igor who is from the Persona series.

Edit: and of course all the MGS, Sonic, Mega Man, Namco, Street Fighter, Bayonetta, and Castlevania spirits were part of the base game due to their associated fighters' inclusions.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Despite their follow-up post, I think they either thought it was first-party, or the IPs they were comparing it to third-party.
Wasn't really concerned about first or third party--more grouping them into "obscure DS and Gamecube games" and seeing as Trauma Center was one of the early DS games it felt missing. However, yeah, I didn't know it was third party.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What do you guys feel would be the hypest possible reveal in all of smash history? Rules are it can only be a reveal trailer, no other game announcements
Master Chief and a Sony Rep come to mind
Goku, for better and for worse.
Smashboards WILL crash under the sheer weight of brand new support threads if that last Gate is ever unlocked.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Goku, for better and for worse.
Smashboards WILL crash under the sheer weight of brand new support threads if that last Gate is ever unlocked.
I foresaw a timeline where Goku did make it in.
The servers crashed and Smashboards died because a million Batman support threads were put up within seconds of one another.

To answer the actual question, probably Master Chief or a Sony character.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I’m so confused. Why is everyone thinking we are getting something tomorrow?
I think I explained it pretty well in a previous post of mine:

November 21st is usually a big day for Nintendo announcements, a marker by the Smash Bros. account had appeared earlier (probably a tag edit as it does not mean a new video), and someone mentioned the word "Coming Soon" being removed on FP #5, but it turns out there was no such thing.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I don't really expect a direct just after we got Terry, but a Game Award reveal feels likely.

Not sure if we can say something about how big FP5 is, but I think it's safe to say they will be bigger outside of Smash bubble than they're inside of it.
I feel like they'll either tell the fighter in a direct this month, and reveal the 1st FP2 character at the VGA, or if it's Sakura reveal her as the last character of FP1 then reveal the 1st FP2 character.

Sakura is seeming more likely to me as fighter 5, because the new Sakura Wars game comes out in Japan on the same day as the VGA there's no proof that this is for certain, but it's a strong coincidence at this point.
I wonder who would it be for TGA... if you don't count any of the companies already in the Pass and the ones Vergeben disconfirmed, then Resident Evil is arguably the biggest head-turner remaining for that event imo. It's hard to think of any game or series that would get a similar reaction that Joker got last year...

Random thought of the day: what if 2B gets announced and her costumes, rather than being based on specific characters, are basic YoRHa costumes titled "B-Type" for Brawler, using the gauntlets and "S-Type" for Swordfighter, using blades, with a male and female variant of each?

Dunno, just something that came up to me. Also there was a "G" class for Gunners in the Nier lore, but I think there's no art for that one.

EDIT: Yes, I know B is Battler and S is Scanner, but the wordplay sounds exactly like something Sakurai and Taro would joke about. Plus it matches 2B and 9S.
I wouldn't mind 2B. 2B honest she'd B pretty cool 2ME.
Well its either an lesser IP or no Sony rep because knowing Sony those would be the only characters Nintendo would let them use.
Sony already doesn't play nice with others, them dusting off one of there older IP's of the shelf and giving it to us wouldn't surprise me, and Kat's Zero G shenanigans would be a lot of fun.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
This just dropped on the Gordon Freeman thread.

We MIGHT be getting the Freeman after all
This was the reason for all the Freeman discussion earlier, and I still don’t fully buy it. These images were only shared first with Laxchris, who is notorious for reporting anything and everything without verifying its validity. Seeing as discord screenshots are especially easy to fabricate and cannot be traced, I am not putting too much faith into this, even if the other information about Half Life Alyx is correct.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
This was the reason for all the Freeman discussion earlier, and I still don’t fully buy it. These images were only shared first with Laxchris, who is notorious for reporting anything and everything without verifying its validity. Seeing as discord screenshots are especially easy to fabricate and cannot be traced, I am not putting too much faith into this, even if the other information about Half Life Alyx is correct.
I didn't realize this was from Laxchris of ALL people.
That put a damper on my hopes...

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
What do you guys feel would be the hypest possible reveal in all of smash history? Rules are it can only be a reveal trailer, no other game announcements
Master Chief and a Sony Rep come to mind
I think an indie title, whether Western or Japanese, would make waves on the same level that 3rd parties in general, 3rd-party characters who have never appeared on Nintendo consoles, and 3rd-party characters from M-rated games... all once did, in terms of "who can be in Smash."

If Goose Game goose, or Little Ghost, or Frisk, or Quote, or Reimu, get in... people will go absolutely nuts about what this means for future DLC, even if they don't care about the specific game/franchise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't realize this was from Laxchris of ALL people.
That put a damper on my hopes...
I took some time to do some analysis. The leaker did not exactly specify that Gordon would be the final FP fighter. If so, he might probably be the first post-pass character. That's the hunch I can give. If he could say it, he would have said that he would be the final FP fighter. But he just confirme dthat he is coming soon.

FP5 is still a random character, but this does guarantee him for post-pass. Should I be wrong...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Smash DLC Speculation in 2018 - Spring Man, Rex/Pyra... deconfirmations hit, then we have Eight Gen Pokemon, Three Houses, Sylux, Porky, and Adeleine...

Smash DLC Speculation in 2019 - Seriously considering Master Chief and Gordon Freeman in an unironic way.

Look at how far we've come lol.

D

Deleted member

Smash DLC Speculation in 2018 - Spring Man, Rex/Pyra... deconfirmations hit, then we have Eight Gen Pokemon, Three Houses, Sylux, Porky, and Adeleine...

Smash DLC Speculation in 2019 - Seriously considering Master Chief and Gordon Freeman in an unironic way.

That's unfortunately the zany choices Sakurai makes, because he's freaking Sakurai.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Gonna preface this with the obvious notes
1. FatMan is not necessarily a leaker, but he is in circles where info gets leaked so it's not 100% true or false

2. Let's not overreact to anything here. Soon isn't specific and we don't know if that's tomorrow, December 7th, the VGA, or some other arbitrary date.

3. I do not know what the 2nd line is referring too but I'm assuming it's about the MvC and MvDC rumors

FatMan1.png
FatMan2.png
FatMan.png
FatMan3.png

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

This is Masahiro "Go play Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox" Sakurai we're dealing with here.
Predictions go out the window with him.

D

Deleted member

But Geno is still catatonic. Some things never change lol

:drsad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>Marvel vs. DC

Fake. Never will happen. That's wishful thinking if anyone thinks such a game will ever happen.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
1. FatMan is not necessarily a leaker, but he is in circles where info gets leaked so it's not 100% true or false

2. Let's not overreact to anything here. Soon isn't specific and we don't know if that's tomorrow, December 7th, the VGA, or some other arbitrary date.

3. I do not know what the 2nd line is referring too but I'm assuming it's about the MvC and MvDC rumors

View attachment 247436View attachment 247437View attachment 247438View attachment 247439
Confused. What was Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite then?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 247436View attachment 247437View attachment 247438View attachment 247439
So basically "expect something soon," which is what we've already been expecting. Thanks Fatman.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Jon chimed in on another forum and said that his otter posting should not be taken as a hint.

Jonneh said:
Otters weren't a hint, my fiancée wanted to see how many people would send us Otter GIFs as we both love them

D

Deleted member

Marvel vs Capcom 4? Great, just put my baes Morrigan and Felicia and it's an okay deal for me. Marvel VS DC? Eh...

Other than that, we're probably gonna get FP5 before we get our Game Awards reveal, so most likely it'll be more of a niche character as opposed to the "hype to end all hype" characters. Here's to KOS-MOS, Reimu.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

A year ago - DLC is just going to be boring promotional picks and shilling. No fun
Literally 3 days ago - HOLY **** WE COULD GET A SONY REP?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
>Marvel vs. DC

Fake. Never will happen. That's wishful thinking if anyone thinks such a game will ever happen.
Ok but hear me out, Marvel vs DC with Amalgam characters.
Confused. What was Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite then?
There's been a few rumours now of MvC4 either being a new game or overhaul of Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom