• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
No joke, back when Gwen made that "stars are aligning" comment and before you name-dropped a sista, I did my routine "2B Smash Bros." search. I think we can all sense... SOMETHING. And it's only a matter of time before it happens. Whatever it may be.

To think, there was a time when Cloud was considered a pipe dream, and now Gordon Freeman and Sony characters are seriously being discussed and legit have a shot. We've come a looong way. It's crazy. If someone like 2B (or any of most wanteds) was announced for fighter 5 or 6... MY HEART. I'm not ready for the hype. I'm STILL trying to process Terry lol.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Gordon Freeman would be really cool but objectively if Valve got anything in Smash I think a stage based on the Portal series would be super fun to play on.

As far as a fighter im super attached to Team Fortress 2's cast, but I think the notion of Freeman would be really interesting. Though I think we shouldn't really jump to conclusions from one guy.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You should know not to trust leakers unless they've proven themselves to be credible.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think that FP5 will be announced at the Game Awards. The only reason I can see FP5 being announced beforehand is if they instead want to showcase the first post-pass fighter at the Game Awards instead.
If they are going to do a character reveal at the Game Awards, I reckon it will be someone big.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Think about how mad this is from the perspective of the past: We are certain that the next Smash Bros character is not from Nintendo.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If they are going to do a character reveal at the Game Awards, I reckon it will be someone big.
I don't know who it would be because credible leakers already disconfirmed a lot of the major picks, like Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Slayer.

D

Deleted member

>tfw going by color theory logic the next character's color would be orange, the same color that Gordon primarily wears
5f0.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this Direct talk is silly because...

A) Directs don't usually happen this late in the month aside from PKMN.

B) I don't think there's going to be anymore Smash Directs. I mean they were mainly done during the base roster days to promote the game itself but now with DLC, they only reveal in General Directs or big events like TVGA's. Maybe they'll be one last Smash-focused one for the last DLC character(s) but who knows when that'll come around.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I don't know who it would be because credible leakers already disconfirmed a lot of the major picks, like Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Slayer.
There's still some potential big ones like Monster Hunter or a Resident Evil character, neither of which I think have been deconfirmed yet.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
There are quite a bit of notable characters that could be revealed there. Some names that come to mind include Leon/Jill, Dante, Chosen Undead, and (apparently according to a random Discord post) Gordon Freeman. Add Ezio from Assassin's Creed to the list as well.

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
What exactly sparked the sudden talks of Gordon? I know Half Life just got a new game announced, but did a leaker mention him or something?
I watched a LaxChris video when I knew I shouldn't have. Sorry. That's my bad.

But hey! It livened this place up a little bit, don't you think?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Freeman, Freeman's Mind is a much watch if you haven't already seen it.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, been awhile. So Gordon Freeman of all people is being speculated? I thought he died with Half-Life 3
Earlier this week, there were rumors that a VR game called Half Life: Alyx was going to be announced at the Game Awards, only for Valve themselves to announce it later on.

Valve have been working on a VR headset for quite some time, so maybe it shouldn't be surprising that they'd make a VR game as well. What was surprising was that the VR game in question is from Half Life of all IPs since the last game to come out from that series was Half Life 2 Episode 2, and Episode 3 had seemingly been cancelled silently. You'd think Valve would've instead go with Counter-Strike, L4D, or Portal for VR (which, man Portal in VR sounds pretty damn cool), but instead, they went with Half Life. I'm not expecting the VR game to give us any sort of closure for the cliffhanger we got in Episode 2, but if it did, that would be neat.

As far as Smash is concerned, Gordon Freeman would be the first mute DLC character in Smash, so that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Wait where are people getting that something is going to be announced tonight / tomorrow from?

Am I missing something?

Would love for 2B to make it in btw.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Wait where are people getting that something is going to be announced tonight / tomorrow from?

Am I missing something?

Would love for 2B to make it in btw.
November 21st is usually a big day for Nintendo announcements, a marker by the Smash Bros. account had appeared earlier (probably a tag edit as it does not mean a new video), and someone mentioned the word "Coming Soon" being removed on FP #5, but it turns out there was no such thing.

I would also like to see 2B as well, but I can wait on that.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
No joke, back when Gwen made that "stars are aligning" comment and before you name-dropped a sista, I did my routine "2B Smash Bros." search. I think we can all sense... SOMETHING. And it's only a matter of time before it happens. Whatever it may be.

To think, there was a time when Cloud was considered a pipe dream, and now Gordon Freeman and Sony characters are seriously being discussed and legit have a shot. We've come a looong way. It's crazy. If someone like 2B (or any of most wanteds) was announced for fighter 5 or 6... MY HEART. I'm not ready for the hype. I'm STILL trying to process Terry lol.
If 2B gets the Smash treatment, you can count on me and Terry to come around and ask "are you ok" after the reveal. That being said, I'm rootin' for ya. I definitely see a certain battle-android hitting the smash scene in the near future.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My final answer is still Porky, has been for half a year now. His Spirit missing still irks me.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
^ Or as if a dev talking about anything in their respective field has some deeper meaning. Sakurai playing games and being a part of the game industry and casually mentioning a game doesn't mean there's some connection. Odd how praising a game or mentioning a game gets people to automatically think 'Smash confirmed'.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Man I'm just glad to be able to talk about Gordon Freeman in any context.

I want to see a modern model for him. Been too long looking at that dusty old one, wanna see him look all fresh and glorious.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
^ Or as if a dev talking about anything in their respective field has some deeper meaning. Sakurai playing games and being a part of the game industry and casually mentioning a game doesn't mean there's some connection. Odd how praising a game or mentioning a game gets people to automatically think 'Smash confirmed'.
I guess the point is more like "Sakurai praised the games before, so he's aware of them and therefore it's not impossible". That's the way I see it, really.

All in all, I love the topics that keep popping up. Gordon Freeman? Actually discussing who would be a hypothetical Sony rep instead of "it's Sony, so no"? ******* League of Legends not getting all zeroes in the RTC thread?

And to think that two games ago we didn't even think third parties were possible... we've come a long way, good boys and girls.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am kinda curious to see how many characters has Sakurai praised vs the ones we have gotten into Smash.
Man I'm just glad to be able to talk about Gordon Freeman in any context.

I want to see a modern model for him. Been too long looking at that dusty old one, wanna see him look all fresh and glorious.
Even if I don't know much about the character most popular interpretation (only played the first game), it is nice to talk about someone new. Especially given his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom