• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I didn't know if anyone even remembered those, but yeah, that style used to be my thing. Glad that's the one that's survived. :laugh:

I considered making new ones of that style (a lot has changed since those days) but the template is stuck on a busted computer, and I've been dragging my feet to recreate it. Honestly dunno if I ever will. :/
If you do, can you use a new Krystal render?
The Smashified one is just so off model. Unfortunately, the only high quality render is old and isn't transparent. It's on a white background.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Arc System Works
Kunio (River City Ransom)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
Fixed.

SNK
SV-001 Metal Slug (Metal Slug)
Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters)
Nakoruru or Haohmaru (Samurai Showdown)
Marco (Metal Slug)
Fixed.

Capcom
Arthur (Ghosts 'N Goblins)
Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Fixed.

Konami
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
Frogger (Frogger)
Fixed.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The existence of women is not political.
Okay? Then why is it NECESSARY for the final fighter to be a chick? Not speculate or asking for a female fighter, outright ******** about lacking female representation. It’s so bizarre when Samus, Peach, Daisy, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Zelda, Bayo, Rosalina, Isabelle, and Lucina are in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey uhhhh Lesley? This post right here? It's the kind of reaction trolls adore. I've said it before but this behaivour makes you prime bullying/trolling material. Not that it excuses it but it attracts such behaivour toward you
I'm used to it. I've been bullied all my life anyway. But hey, thanks for the heads up.

Okay? Then why is it NECESSARY for the final fighter to be a chick? Not speculate or asking for a female fighter, outright ******** about lacking femalr representation. It’s so bizarre when Samus, Peach, Daisy, Palutena, Zelda, Bayo, Rosalina, Isabelle, and Lucina are in the game.
Because there's so much potential about bringing a female newcomer to the mix, and they just so happened to be female. Female characters will get a lot
of fans mind you. And because, is it necessary that our female reps are only those in the base roster? There's so much oppurtunities being missed!

BlackInk

Smash Lord
“And because, is it necessary that our female reps are only those in the base roster? There's so much oppurtunities being missed!“
Such as: Issac, Shadow, Alucard, Shovel Knight, Bomber man, Rex, Ghirahim, Midna, Zero, Skull kid, and Knuckles.

You see that list? Those are actual misoppurtunities.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
“And because, is it necessary that our female reps are only those in the base roster? There's so much oppurtunities being missed!“
Such as: Issac, Shadow, Alucard, Shovel Knight, Bomber man, Rex, Ghirahim, Midna, Zero, Skull kid, and Knuckles.

Don't **** with Issac he doesn't actually exist

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I'm still holding out hope for a small, Echo Fighter pack. I'm sure with the roster as is there are a few that could have some interesting variations.

Like Dry Bowser, Jeanne, Demise or Funky Kong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm still holding out hope for a small, Echo Fighter pack. I'm sure with the roster as is there are a few that could have some interesting variations.

Literally nobody likes Demise what would even be the point? Undermining Ganondorf in Smash like how he undermines Ganondorf in Zelda?

D

Deleted member

I know very well that they are missed oppurtunities, but those are a mere fraction compared to the others.

I'm done talking here. At least I calmed down a bit, finally.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you do, can you use a new Krystal render?
The Smashified one is just so off model. Unfortunately, the only high quality render is old and isn't transparent. It's on a white background.
Well, I've no plans to make more of that style.

But which render are you talking about? To my knowledge the Smashified one is generally the optimal one. It's certainly not perfect, but most of Krystal's stuff is repurposed from, like, Gamecube days.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Well, I've no plans to make more of that style.

But which render are you talking about? To my knowledge the Smashified one is generally the optimal one. It's certainly not perfect, but most of Krystal's stuff is repurposed from, like, Gamecube days.
The mouth is way off.
Here's the render I'm talking about that is most accurate to the Smash Ultimate Assist Trophy:
79-793687_krystal-star-fox-png-crystal-super-smash-bros.jpg

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Ms. Pac-Man.
How the hell was that not the very first one?
Also Proto Man, Zack Fair, and Shadow the Hedgehog.
And Coco Bandicoot if Crash crashes in.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The mouth is way off.
Here's the render I'm talking about that is most accurate to the Smash Ultimate Assist Trophy:
Oh, her SFA art. Well yeah it's the most accurate to her AT, because that's the design they went with, but it's not her only design. Frankly that art is pretty dated, it would look strange next to the others I use, which are by and large of much higher fidelity.

I generally only use art that old when there's absolutely nothing newer with which to work. But I'd probably even opt for Assault renders over that one.

They just need to put her in a new game. Then we'd get some new, good art. Well, unless they go all Command again. x_x

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oh, her SFA art. Well yeah it's the most accurate to her AT, because that's the design they went with, but it's not her only design. Frankly that art is pretty dated, it would look strange next to the others I use, which are by and large of much higher fidelity.

I generally only use art that old when there's absolutely nothing newer with which to work. But I'd probably even opt for Assault renders over that one.

They just need to put her in a new game. Then we'd get some new, good art. Well, unless they go all Command again. x_x
Or add Krystal in Smash. :p
First Party DLC.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Outside of Springman and Waluigi, these are actually my most wanted :3

TOO BAD WE WON'T BE GETTING THEM!
I limited myself to 10 including Piranha Plant. But Rex & Pyra, Chorus Kids, Rillaboom, Akira, Chibi-Robo, Ray Mk. III, Tom Nook, Byleth, Tingle, Midna, and Takamaru were considered.

Cause Ms. Pacman is in legal hell and Bamco doesn't have the rights to her
Well, she was in Sonic Dash.
Yes, I play mobile games sometimes. :p

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Realistically, Ms. Pac-Man is just as iconic as Donkey Kong.
But I'm pretty sure Bandai-Namco owns the character, but AtGames partially owns the original game. Yes that company that made ****ty Genesis clones.
But point is, I think Bandai-Namco fully owns the character herself, so she's available for Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Realistically, Ms. Pac-Man is just as iconic as Donkey Kong.
But I'm pretty sure Bandai-Namco owns the character, but AtGames partially owns the original game. Yes that company that made ****ty Genesis clones.
But point is, I think Bandai-Namco fully owns the character herself, so she's available for Smash.
But AtGames needs the royalties, meaning if Bamco lets Sakurai add Ms. Pacman and he does that, AtGames can sue as they never got paid for it, which is what's within their rights. It'd be like asking a friend to borrow their cousin's car, you need to ask someone else or else things can get ugly

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Funny because Ms. Pac-Man is in the game, just as a cameo on MS Paint Land.

More people would probably know that if the stage wasn't abysmal.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
But AtGames needs the royalties, meaning if Bamco lets Sakurai add Ms. Pacman and he does that, AtGames can sue as they never got paid for it, which is what's within their rights. It'd be like asking a friend to borrow their cousin's car, you need to ask someone else or else things can get ugly
I'm still pretty sure AtGames only partially owns THE CODE in the Ms. Pac-Man 1981 game.
Beyond that, I'm pretty sure Bandai-Namco fully owns the rights to the character.
So AtGames would only have to agree to put the actual arcade ROM in Smash, not the character.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Forget Ms. Pac-Man...
Let them figure out the rights to Baby Pac-Man so we can get the closest thing to a pinball rep we'd ever likely see.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly don't really mind one way or another if fighter 5 is a girl.

I'd 'like' to have a gal in the fighter's pass, but it's not a something I'd throw a fit over, especially since there's a potential 10 other DLC characters on the way so

*Shrug*

If it's not in this pass there's a potential 10 more characters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
And no offense to @Lesley Black Velvet but like

You keep saying how you'll throw a massive fit/violence if Fighter 5 isn't female

You realize that proclaiming your intents to do stuff like this ahead of time just puts all eyes on you ahead of time, right? The minute the characters gets shown off and they're potentially a dude, the staff will just have their fingers on the suspend button depending on how bad your outbursts is because you've made it abundantly clear "I'm going to do something bad if they're a guy" multiple times.

You're basically posting on a Police Station's Facebook and saying "If it rains today, I'm going to rob the bank next door to you."

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
There's an upcoming Smash event, where Playstation will be attending.

I'm suspecting that a PS character may be coming to Smash, and it will be announced at this event.

From the top of my head, these characters come to mind:

Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Lara Croft
Nathan Drake
Kratos

Maybe a Tekken fighter?

So many possibilities.

All I know is, a lot go people are going to be pleasantly surprised, and an equal number of people are going to be pissed their favourite didn't make it in.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Les, I'm not trying to give you hell. But the entire point of speculation is to play detective until every character is revealed. Do I think Lloyd is Fighter 5? No. My gut says Tracer. Do I rejoice or balk at the idea of Lloyd being Fighter 5? Not really. I'm neutral. But my top 3 are deconfirmed (Crash and Doom Slayer plus Spyro since he's contingent upon Crash), so it's no skin off my ass either way.
But as it stands, Lloyd has the most HARD evidence in his favor.
1. The trademarks.
2. The voice actor NDA.
3. The obvious lack of his Mii Costume.
4. Sakurai seemed to have hinted at another Bandai-Namco character during the Terry reveal.

Are these damning pieces of evidence in Lloyd's favor? No. If it were that easy, we'd have predicted every character by now. But simply based on what we evidence we DO have, Lloyd is the frontrunner.
I wouldn’t necessarily refer to any of this as “HARD” evidence in my opinion:
1. The trademarks have no bearing on including a Tales Of symbol in Smash, as such a thing wouldn’t require the usage of a trademark. Not to mention that the book has no relation to Lloyd in his own game and goes against the idea that characters like Joker have game-specific symbols.
2. We have no confirmation that this is for Smash, and it is most likely for the next Arkham game due to his history of voicing Robin. I don’t believe that he is even Lloyd’s current voice actor.
3. A lack of mii costume has yet to confirm or deny anything, as multiple DLC costumes have been dropped so far over the course of Ultimate DLC such as the Chocobo and Monster Hunter outfits
4. I don’t believe Sakurai has blatantly hinted anything like that, as even the red eyes tweet was correct in-context. It seems like he was just telling a fun story in the Terry presentation seeing how informal it was.

Shroob

Sup?
I wouldn’t necessarily refer to any of this as “HARD” evidence in my opinion:
1. The trademarks have no bearing on including a Tales Of symbol in Smash, as such a thing wouldn’t require the usage of a trademark. Not to mention that the book has no relation to Lloyd in his own game and goes against the idea that characters like Joker have game-specific symbols.
2. We have no confirmation that this is for Smash, and it is most likely for the next Arkham game due to his history of voicing Robin. I don’t believe that he is even Lloyd’s current voice actor.
3. A lack of mii costume has yet to confirm or deny anything, as multiple DLC costumes have been dropped so far over the course of Ultimate DLC such as the Chocobo and Monster Hunter outfits
4. I don’t believe Sakurai has blatantly hinted anything like that, as even the red eyes tweet was correct in-context. It seems like he was just telling a fun story in the Terry presentation seeing how informal it was.
For number 1, you're definitely not wrong.

But afaik, Tales Of already had their big show not that long ago, and neither trademarked item was used.

Not to say they couldn't be in the future, and I agree with you that the Book would be an odd use for LLoyd's Stock icon, but it does raise a question as to 'what' these are trademarked for. Their big 'presentation' came and went, and the "Tales Of" logo wasn't used there, while it 'does' look like the series Logos for Mii Costumes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You keep saying how you'll throw a massive fit/violence if Fighter 5 isn't female

You realize that proclaiming your intents to do stuff like this ahead of time just puts all eyes on you ahead of times, right? The minute the characters gets shown off and they're potentially a dude, the staff will just have their fingers on the suspend button depending on how bad your outbursts is because you've made it abundantly clear "I'm going to do something bad if they're a guy" multiple times.
I know, I know.

As much as I would care less about my accoubt...just...tell the admins to get resdy in case I let loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom