• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

TGA just basically hinted at another Smash reveal. I think it will be Crash.
"But Crash is disconfirmed for Fighter 5," you say?
I agree. I think we'll get a Nintendo Direct soon due to the blue dot on the Smash YouTube page. That will reveal Fighter 5. And Crash will open up Pass 2. With a Coco Echo.
I'm thinking Dante or Jill/Leon if its fighter 5 and I would include 2B as possibility if its the first post Fighter pass character. Those characters are from series that have presence in the awards after all and at least DMC and RE are some of the biggest contenders this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Warning, a swear gets used
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Seeing GG fans go wild about a trailer before they get to the new parts makes me want to see how people would react to Sol in Smash
Oh dear...I'd love to be part of that ocean...

D

Deleted member

Well you have till "late 2020" until it comes out, and possibly even longer if they don't port it to a Nintendo console considering Xrd still isn't on Switch.
Oh...my bad. Guess I'm sticking to Central Fiction instead (-.-||)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If GG Strive gets to Switch I'm gonna reconsider my Christmas wishlist.
Dragon Ball Fighterz is the same thing but with Dragon Ball characters. So it's got a superior roster. :p
Frieza/Hit/Vegito main here.
It's kinda like how Injustice is Mortal Kombat with DC characters. Batman main. Never played Injustice 2 since it didn't get a PC version.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dragon Ball Fighterz is the same thing but with Dragon Ball characters. So it's got a superior roster. :p
It's kinda like how Injustice is Mortal Kombat with DC characters. Batman main. Never played Injustice 2 since it didn't get a PC version.
But does DBFZ have Freddie Mercury beat the **** out of a doctor with a bag on his head?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well no, not at all.
Not... not even remotely.
DBFZ and GG community don't overlap much.

Especially considering GG4 is going to be much slower and neutral heavy than either Xrd or DBFZ.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
No game where half the roster is Goku variants and non-canon movie characters can claim to be superior to anything.
Better than Xenoverse.
And to be fair, it was all canon characters (except Android 21, obviously) at first. All the movie and GT characters are DLC.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Sorry, but I’d take a game where I can play as a paper bag wearing doctor with an oversized scalpel and toon logic any day over a DBZ fighting game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No game where half the roster is Goku variants and non-canon movie characters can claim to be superior to anything.
This complaint is super overblown.
Every single Goku plays differently enough to the point they're all at different tiers and have their own pros and cons and personality-wise, only 3 are the archetypal "Gokus" people know and love.

And adding on top of that, who cares if a character is "canon" or not? They're well-liked and have unique movesets. You think either FGC or DBZ fans care that a character is canon or not? Hell no, Janemba is literally one of, if not the highest requested character for DLC.

And don't even begin to spilt hairs with this "50% goku" bull that I know at least one of you is inevitably going to pull out.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
And to be fair, it was all canon characters (except Android 21, obviously) at first. All the movie and GT characters are DLC.
I was counting the DLC as that's basically where they ruined the game.

Every single Goku plays differently enough to the point they're all at different tiers and have their own pros and cons
Hey, you know what else plays differently? DIFFERENT characters. Which also have the added benefit of being DIFFERENT CHARACTERS.

It's especially annoying because ArcSys's plan was originally to NOT do that. But after people went crazy over the game's reveal, the DBZ merchandising machine basically stepped in and started dictating what they had to add to the game.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
>Invitation gets re-stolen.

>Carmen Sandiego proclaims her presence.
Although I really love this idea, I want a Carmen reveal to be more ridiculous like she literally steals an entire Award Show (or Direct?) or something. Like... as soon as the event is supposed to air, it starts with the camera confusingly panning an empty room in a panic. No crowd, no decorations, etc. Viewers are confused. A lone host announces that they were forced to relocate at the last minute... Yada yada cue her logo. Then Carmen gloats and proceeds to briefly hijack their airtime, too. Then they try to find her. She turns out to be in the last place they'd look: Smash. Cue trailer. Cut back to Award Show (or Direct).

For the people at the event (assuming they don't show it in a Direct), I guess they can cut the lights off and try to make it immersive for them as possible. IDK.

Three words and a photo

Cassandra be like:

Fixed that for ya. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Simple, he's the quintessential Tales protag, though others are quite popular as well.
This is fair enough. I didn't play any Smash prior to Ult. so I didn't know his Mii costume was either a thing or talking point. I've also not played Symphonia, only others in the franchise.
I'm a guy.
Sorry, allow me to rephrase. No P5R talk please, ladies.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Sony listed in a Smash Ultimate event due to be hosted on the 22nd (this Friday!) and tweeted it out by Sakurai. Let the speculation commence.

Also apologies for double post.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sony listed in a Smash Ultimate event due to be hosted on the 22nd (this Friday!) and tweeted it out by Sakurai. Let the speculation commence.

Also apologies for double post.
Kratos for Smash?
Would certainly break the internet. Moreso even than Banjo.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
My immediate thoughts were Kratos if there was any fighter news. On the other hand I would lowkey love Sony Spider-Man in Smash but that'll never happen lol.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter as most companies involved aren't even gaming companies this time around

Could this mean. . . has his time finally come?! Is it all ogre? Will Shrek finally make it?!

Ah, alright. So much for that, then.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
So that would be totally out of blue. What makes Sony cooperate with Nintendo like this all of sudden? And would this be "Mario on Playstation"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom