• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ok guys, new game:
Make your own idea for how an interruption reveal could be for a character of your choice, I’ll give you an example:

Halfway through the show, the host is midway through a sentence and the lights go off, and the the screen changes and it just has a logo, a siren is going off for the audience and a Robotic Female Voice says “WARNING:THE SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY” que Doom slayers trailer

Sigman

Smash Cadet
Sony listed in a Smash Ultimate event due to be hosted on the 22nd (this Friday!) and tweeted it out by Sakurai. Let the speculation commence.

Also apologies for double post.
Sony manufactured Xenoblade X's soundtrack and published Xenosaga Episode II in Europe. new Xeno rep confirmed.

So that would be totally out of blue. What makes Sony cooperate with Nintendo like this all of sudden? And would this be "Mario on Playstation"?
Sony always cooperated with Nintendo. There have been no reports besides Sega that one time who refused Super Smash Bros.

We do? Has Sakurai specifically said something negative about Sony?
Sakurai plays games on Sony owned platforms.

Sony has a history working with Nintendo and other companies.
Sony allowed Master Chief to appear on Sony owned platforms. Sony worked with Microsoft for their network infrastructure. Sony worked with Nintendo and Microsoft against Trump. Sony published games on the SNES, Game Boy Color, and the Nintendo Switch. They support Cross Platform games like Phantasy Star Online 2 released for the Nintendo Switch, which said game has characters they own like Kat and Raven from Gravity Rush in it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halos-master-chief-now-on-nintendo-switch-thanks-t/1100-6456435/
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...r-chief-skins-appear-in-minecraft-switch.aspx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q*bert
https://www.gravityrushcentral.com/2017/08/20/overview-gravity-rushs-crossovers-game-franchises/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_that_support_cross-platform_play
https://www.destructoid.com/master-...ole-via-official-minecraft-skins-462079.phtml
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/17/16488326/sony-nintendo-switch-game-tiny-metal-unties-label
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/20/18632374/microsoft-sony-cloud-gaming-partnership-amazon-google
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...p-withdraw-china-tariffs-joint-letter-1221108
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...letter-discouraging-trump-administration-from
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/08/a-look-at-sakurais-incredible-game-collection/

Sony and Nintendo CEO's own third-party consoles.

They came together in the same room at the Game Awards without them throttling the other.
Third-parties are allegedly "easy to work with" according to Masahiro Sakurai:
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

Sakurai: "Those third-party characters are huge icons of their respective companies, so such an opportunity is hard to come by. That being said, now that Smash has grown into a well-known franchise, the creators recognize the merits of allowing us to use their characters, so negotiations have tended to go rather smoothly. "

Has something happened between Sony and Sakurai?
This doubt reminds me of the fierce arguments that Banjo and Kazooie wouldn't join Smash.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Sony manufactured Xenoblade X's soundtrack and published Xenosaga Episode II in Europe. new Xeno rep confirmed.

Sony always cooperated with Nintendo. There have been no reports besides Sega that one time who refused Super Smash Bros.

This doubt reminds me of the fierce arguments that Banjo and Kazooie wouldn't join Smash.
Sony allowed MC in Playstation in form of Minecraft skin, right? Yet, Sony and Nintendo exclusive Minecraft skins didnt' come to Xbox, did they?

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, new game:
Make your own idea for how an interruption reveal could be for a character of your choice, I’ll give you an example:

Halfway through the show, the host is midway through a sentence and the lights go off, and the the screen changes and it just has a logo, a siren is going off for the audience and a Robotic Female Voice says “WARNING:THE SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY” que Doom slayers trailer
Reposting from the Phoenix thread:
Here’s another hypothetical scenario, at TGA, Nintendo announces a Sunshine remake with a small gameplay trailer, and then they start playing the courtroom scene intro afterwards as a a tease to hold off fans. However, instead of Peach saying Objection!, it’s Phoenix, and it turns out that the “intro” was actually Phoenix’s trailer in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's in.

(Seriously, I'd love for Parappa to be in Smash)

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
As said above, likely nothing but for the record: https://youtu.be/LvPwUgqOc64

Also I heard that due to his appearance in Tony Hawk Underground 2, Shrek is being highly considered as a Tony Hawk echo.
Whoever told you that must be full of ****, everyone knows that Shrek is going to be an original fighter with Goku (Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan + Kaio Ken x10) being his echo.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH while I'm not at all a console wars guy and believe they were really only a thing during the 90s, I'd have MAJOR doubts about any Sony content in Smash. They ain't too good at sharing, if their actions and policies when it comes to cross-play are anything to go off of.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If we get Kratos then I want him based on Dad of War as he's actually likeable in that game
They'd probably include both looks, and his moveset would probably have both the axe and the chains.

So that would be totally out of blue. What makes Sony cooperate with Nintendo like this all of sudden? And would this be "Mario on Playstation"?
It would probably be the general word of mouth of people going "Sony are the only lame mother****ers in the entire video game industry that don't want to be in Smash."

And while Sony as a company is pretty uncool, they're also really sensitive about appearing to be uncool. And are prone to making rash gestures to be like "No guys! Really! We're also cool!"

Ok guys, new game:
Kiryu is walking down the street in Kamurocho when he bumps into some thugs who pick a fight with them. He promptly beats them up and when they explode into a cloud of cash an envelope floats down with the cash and he snatches it out of the air.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
They'd probably include both looks, and his moveset would probably have both the axe and the chains.

It would probably be the general word of mouth of people going "Sony are the only lame mother****ers in the entire video game industry that don't want to be in Smash."

And while Sony as a company is pretty uncool, they're also really sensitive about appearing to be uncool. And are prone to making rash gestures to be like "No guys! Really! We're also cool!"
The chains pretty much have to be included in his moveset. They are a core part of Kratos as a character even if he himself hates them.

D

Deleted member

Okay

But

What if:

Wander.
Shadow of the Colossus is specifically built around its limited moveset. That's because it's not about Wander; it's about the bosses. A stage on top of a colossus like Valus or Gaius would be more appropriate, but not a character.

MooMew64

Shadow of the Colossus is specifically built around its limited moveset. That's because it's not about Wander; it's about the bosses. A stage on top of a colossus like Valus or Gaius would be more appropriate, but not a character.
Respectfully disagree on that. I think Wander would make for a pretty fun character, even if there isn't some quirky gimmick to set him apart. Sometimes an expected and simplistic moveset is fun too.

D

Deleted member

Respectfully disagree on that. I think Wander would make for a pretty fun character, even if there isn't some quirky gimmick to set him apart. Sometimes an expected and simplistic moveset is fun too.
Expected moveset isn't my issue. As someone who loves Shadow of the Colossus, Wander wouldn't feel right to play. He's never fights anybody his size and his entire gameplay is built around the weighted and clunky physics engine of his game's premise of killing big ass monsters. If Wander gets in, whatever I'll accept him because Sakurai would probably make him work--but I'd be more interested if they found a way to make something like Valus into a boss or stage.

E: Images wont work but you get the idea.

MooMew64

Expected moveset isn't my issue. As someone who loves Shadow of the Colossus, Wander wouldn't feel right to play. He's never fights anybody his size and his entire gameplay is built around the weighted and clunky physics engine of his game's premise of killing big ass monsters. If Wander gets in, whatever I'll accept him because Sakurai would probably make him work, but I'd be more interested if they found a way to make something like Valus into a boss or stage.

Oh yeah I totally get you and agree, I'm just saying that I think it would be neat to see both.

At the end of the day though, I'd probably support Sly Cooper the most for a Sony character. He'd fit right in with the Smash cast IMO.

D

Deleted member

Sony listed in a Smash Ultimate event due to be hosted on the 22nd (this Friday!) and tweeted it out by Sakurai. Let the speculation commence.
I think just because Sakurai can contact a company doesn't mean he will for this game. Best not to go in expecting Sony right now. It's just a cool tournament in my eyes.
Oh yeah I totally get you and agree, I'm just saying that I think it would be neat to see both.

At the end of the day though, I'd probably support Sly Cooper the most for a Sony character. He'd fit right in with the Smash cast IMO.
Sly Cooper's cool and his series is cool, but I'm holding out for my boy Rocket Robot on Wheels.

D

Deleted member

I think just because Sakurai can contact a company doesn't mean he will for this game. Best not to go in expecting Sony right now. It's just a cool tournament in my eyes.
Same, but it is fun to meme about Sony and Nintendo on PS4.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok guys, new game:

Mine will always be Crash Bandicoot as he appeared in the 90's trailers with a megaphone outside Nintendo's new HQ talking smack when suddenly someone throws a wooden barrel at him and he ducks it. Then Mario, Donkey Kong, ,Yoshi and Pikachu, looking how they did in that Smash 64 trailer come out and face him down. Crash says: So we're finally doing this plumber boy? He spins which transitions to the CGI model

CRASH SPINS TO WIN

Then after gameplay, the five of them are in holding cels as women dressed up as Coco Candicoot and Princess Peach post the bail.

There would be a Japanese trailer with a similar premise but using their version of mascot Crash doing some shenanigans that escalate into a fight against Mario, Link and Marth.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok guys, new game:

A Guilty Gear Strive trailer starts up in a Nintendo Direct to go "Hey, Strive is coming to Switch!" And at the end, the screen cracks while HERE COMES A DAREDEVIL appears and shows a letter flying in the distance before it flies up close revealing the Smash Logo. Sol and Ky see this and Sol kicks Ky in the **** to grab it

D

Deleted member

A Guilty Gear Strive trailer starts up in a Nintendo Direct to go "Hey, Strive is coming to Switch!" And at the end, the screen cracks while HERE COMES A DAREDEVIL appears and shows a letter flying in the distance before it flies up close revealing the Smash Logo. Sol and Ky see this and Sol kicks Ky in the **** to grab it
That sounds hype af.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Realistically I think a Sony Rep would either be Ratchet and Clank or Kratos but the ones I want are indesputable to all 17 of us who actually played their games

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Mine will always be Crash Bandicoot as he appeared in the 90's trailers with a megaphone outside Nintendo's new HQ talking smack when suddenly someone throws a wooden barrel at him and he ducks it. Then Mario, Donkey Kong, ,Yoshi and Pikachu, looking how they did in that Smash 64 trailer come out and face him down. Crash says: So we're finally doing this plumber boy? He spins which transitions to the CGI model

CRASH SPINS TO WIN

Then after gameplay, the five of them are in holding cels as women dressed up as Coco Candicoot and Princess Peach post the bail.

There would be a Japanese trailer with a similar premise but using their version of mascot Crash doing some shenanigans that escalate into a fight against Mario, Link and Marth.
Imagine at TGA, mascot crash comes out again on stage with a megaphone and another crate but instead of a trophy it’s an envelope.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Okay

But

What if:

Wander.
Aggro!

Expected moveset isn't my issue. As someone who loves Shadow of the Colossus, Wander wouldn't feel right to play. He's never fights anybody his size and his entire gameplay is built around the weighted and clunky physics engine of his game's premise of killing big ass monsters. If Wander gets in, whatever I'll accept him because Sakurai would probably make him work--but I'd be more interested if they found a way to make something like Valus into a boss or stage.

Hear me out, what if wander is in..... But he is half the size of a Pikmin?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Honestly I think its silly to assume were getting a Sony franchise in Smash. We technically got Banjo which is technically Microsoft, but he's a character heavily associsted with Nintendo...not exactly Master Chief levels there. I also don't think Crash is gonna happen, even though he's one of the few third parties that i want that I'd be beyond hyped for, and that's primarily because he's censored heavily in Japan and features a completely different look...though even with that he's still more likely than all other "Sony" picks, in my eyes at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom