• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Also worth noting that a blue dot indicates channel activity and not necessarily a new upload. Like they could have made changes to a video or something.

D

Deleted member

Also worth noting that a blue dot indicates channel activity and not necessarily a new upload. Like they could have made changes to a video or something.
But it's still activity nonetheless. And what did they change anyway?

D

Deleted member

if it has, i dont think i've seen it reported. Just speaking generally.
I get your caution. I just think it's logical to assume that a channel that never sees activity outside of uploads will only notify when it uploads.

But that's just me. We can wait a month and find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That would be extremely unprecedented. No trailer has been uploaded that late after its initial airing. Based on what SocialBlade lists, the channel already uploaded all the language variants of the updated Terry trailer on November 6th.
I see. We're one month away from TGA, could it be a late November general Direct instead? Even if generally unprecedented, I think it's a safer bet for FP5 than TGA.

Also, I'd just like to take the time to say this: out of my original Brawl-era top 5, almost everyone has made it in - :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultbanjokazooie:. Sora is the only one left. I cannot say how thankful I am for living in this timeline.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
After all the discussion about the usual suspects, Nintendo subverts expectations again, and we end up with a surprise Nippon Ichi or Idea Factory reveal.

They actually wouldn't be my top choices, granted, but it could be fun, and I'd enjoy seeing the conversations it would bring.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If we do get a Tekken rep for fighter 5 I want Jin Kazama instead of Heihachi. Jin would have the Devil gene to play around with and he is the main protagonist of the series starting from 3 which is the most popular and iconic game of the series. Plus Jin is more of Ryu's rival than Heihachi so it'd make sense on that end.
If we're gonna get a Tekken character based on a rivalry with Ryu, it would have to be Kazuya, who (along with Nina) was Ryu and Ken's Rival Fight in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we're gonna get a Tekken character based on a rivalry with Ryu, it would have to be Kazuya, who (along with Nina) was Ryu and Ken's Rival Fight in Street Fighter X Tekken.
Yeah he works better thematically with Ryu as he's a deconstruction of the stock fighting game archaetype who fully embraces his darkeness and goes on to arguably be the main villain of the series.

Ryu is the ph7 of Fighting game characters so he's the character he's breaking down.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the 5 DLC characters won't be spirits but everything after that who isn't an Assist Trophy or a paid Mii costume is fair game.

We know there was more DLC planning gone into them game than Smash 4 but it's also going on longer than Smash 4's DLC

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hm...

Assuming that fighter #5 could potentially be revealed before December, a niche choice like KOS-MOS would actually make much more sense. That way Nintendo could save a supposed heavy hitter to kick off the beginning of the next DLC at the VGA.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I tagged it. Mecha Fiora is a trophy ffs so I thought that talking about old Xenoblade spoilers wasn't a big deal. Sorry.

Yeah, that thing's not getting past CERO.
Xenoblade X censored some of its own outfits so all they have to do is make the transparent parts of it black.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Are people under the impression that we’re getting a general Nintendo Direct later this November? It seems that we always get one game specific one every November, which was already fulfilled with the Terry presentation.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Is there any "rumor" or "leak" supporting KOS-MOS?

Idk I just personally don't see how Nintendo would follow up an incredibly niche character like Terry with another incredibly niche character

Ivander

Smash Legend
I tagged it. Mecha Fiora is a trophy ffs so I thought that talking about old Xenoblade spoilers wasn't a big deal. Sorry.
Believe me. While Fiora has her Mecha trophy and is in Shulk's Final smash, that spoiler for Xenoblade X is still very unknown to people. It isn't referenced in either Smash Ultimate or Xenoblade 2.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Has anyone noticed why Gamexplain added Puyo Puyos to their recent Smash video?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Idk I just personally don't see how Nintendo would follow up an incredibly niche character like Terry with another incredibly niche character
Just the drunken cat one from 4chan, which isn't that credible, but has ironically gained more traction over time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The upload could be an "accolades trailer" or something like that so let's keep things tempered lest we cook our eggs before we've gotten the mixture in the oven.

D

Deleted member

Not much, though the Bamco rep along with some evidence from the color wheel.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly - and I'm sure I just sound like I wanna rain on people's parade - but I'm still not convinced on a Namco rep being FP5. Sure, they have great choices, but seeing as how most of them come from genres already in the Pass and, in the case of a TGA reveal, have almost no relation to that event makes me skeptical.

Compare that to Capcom, which has at least two big hitters in the show and almost all of their prime candidates are from game genres (and thus, audiences) that the Pass hasn't reached yet... I dunno, is there anything I'm missing? What can the people who are banking on Namco tell me?

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Puyos for Poyos

Honestly - and I'm sure I just sound like I wanna rain on people's parade - but I'm still not convinced on a Namco rep being FP5. Sure, they have great choices, but seeing as how most of them come from genres already in the Pass and, in the case of a TGA reveal, have almost no relation to that event makes me skeptical.

Compare that to Capcom, which has at least two big hitters in the show and almost all of their prime candidates are from game genres (and thus, audiences) that the Pass hasn't reached yet... I dunno, is there anything I'm missing? What can the people who are banking on Namco tell me?
People are under the impression that they deserve/earned another rep for developing the game, but I feel that something like that would’ve been in the base game already or the first DLC revealed. Based on Sakurai referring to PAC-MAN as “your company’s character” and Namco being like “oh yeah we have a character,” neither of them seem to care about Namco representation.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

Namco helped develop Smash

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Believe me. While Fiora has her Mecha trophy and is in Shulk's Final smash, that spoiler for Xenoblade X is still very unknown to people. It isn't referenced in either Smash Ultimate or Xenoblade 2.
Fiora was also in Project X Zone 2 with Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina, and KOS-MOS, and her form was the Mecha form too.

as for the
thing about Elma's true form... not a lot of people know about that (thank the Wii U bombing for that tbh). I'd say TF Elma is on the same level as Xenoblade 2's Blade Nia and Pneuma in terms of spoileriness

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If they supposedly get insider's information from Nintendo, would they really be able to get away with teases like this if they were actually clues dealing with Smash?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think Jon is just ******* with us, really. I don't think he was ever on the nose like this when giving actual hints.

People are under the impression that they deserve/earned another rep for developing the game, but I feel that something like that would’ve been in the base game already or the first DLC revealed.
Namco helped develop Smash
I mean... I get that, but I thought the same thing for base roster and behold... no Namco character. Even if they have a lot of "deserving" series... what makes them likely for FP5 and not later, exactly?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
If they supposedly get insider's information from Nintendo, would they really be able to get away with teases like this if they were actually clues dealing with Smash?
It’s a joke John has been making for the past few months. I wouldn’t read into it, personally.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
It’s not a hint, Kirby is saying Poyo! as the puyos are shown. It’s just a little joke based on Kirby noises coming from an established fan of the series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom