• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yellow - Banjo
Blue - Terry
Red - Joker

Since there is another white, I can't see Hero's color or the color of FP5 but this remains a mystery, other than just a "hint" on Travis potentially being in the fighters pass.
First of all, colour theory is dumb.

Second, NMH would be the third ****ing franchise in Smash to use a star as a logo, hell yes

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Yellow - Banjo
Blue - Terry
Red - Joker

Since there is another white, I can't see Hero's color or the color of FP5 but this remains a mystery, other than just a "hint" on Travis potentially being in the fighters pass.
For Travis I thought Suda51 already disconfirmed him for Smash DLC.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Honestly I feel bad, every time Sakurai is in a post at all people make new dumb theories, when it was his birthday people made a cake theory, just let the man live.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Speculators really oughta learn something about the process of new fighters joining the battle. There are no patterns and there is only one rule: Video game characters only. Trying to decode it has never worked and it ain't gonna start now. There's no method to the madness of Sakurai's wild ride, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speculators really oughta learn something about the process of new fighters joining the battle. There are no patterns and there is only one rule: Video game characters only. Trying to decode it has never worked and it ain't gonna start now. There's no method to the madness of Sakurai's wild ride, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Ok but what if the enigmatic machinations of my mind come up with made up reasons about how my favourite might get in

D

Deleted member

Debunking leaks is far more scientific and interesting honestly than making educated guesses.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Y'know what would make a great stage, but would never happen?
LSD: Dream Emulator. Not a fighter or anything, just a stage and a track or two.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
For Travis I thought Suda51 already disconfirmed him for Smash DLC.
That was for the first Fighter Pass. I’d say any character who was previously deconfirmed is back on the table.

I imagine all of the characters we’ll see in 2020/FP2 are decided on, but if we get more after that then I imagine that’s still up in the air.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Y'know what would make a great stage, but would never happen?
LSD: Dream Emulator. Not a fighter or anything, just a stage and a track or two.
I see you are a person of culture as well - i friggin loved LSD's trippy aesthetic. really just the late 90s-early 2000s PS1 aesthetic as a whole with its polygons and sound design

but... PlayStation. :c

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Wait, that Puyo article was from three years ago...

Not saying it did happen or not, but maybe the creator changed his opinion on it during those few years.
The producer of recent Puyo series tried to make a Puyo fighting game but the higher-ups stopped him because there is a rule of no hitting no bashing. That's what the article says. It was said from the producer himself during Puyo Quest livestream.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I see you are a person of culture as well - i friggin loved LSD's trippy aesthetic. really just the late 90s-early 2000s PS1 aesthetic as a whole with its polygons and sound design

but... PlayStation. :c
It is trippy, yes. (But the name LSD is actually an acronym for something else in this case, and it also being an acronym for a hallucinogen was a complete coincidence.) Yume Nikki, LSDDE, .flow, OFF, all that sort of stuff are really my thing. I'd still love to see any of it in Smash, maybe just as some spirits.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This sucks, nearly all the good characters have been deconfirmed from the 5th Fighters Pass. I guess the cycle of a disappointing final character continues,

Eh... At least I got Banjo & Kazooie.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Yellow - Banjo
Blue - Terry
Red - Joker

HOW COULD I FORGET TRAVIS!?
I was so focused on Doom Slayer that I forgot about my favorite otaku assassin!
I also recall that Suda 51 helped Sakurai in making SSBB so this could Sakurai's chance to repay the favor.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So about the Arle thing: I said it on the RTC thread, but the creator of Parappa also didn't want him in a fighting game and he still made it to PSASBR, as one of the first reveals, even. Villager was also initially not considered for Smash in Brawl because AC is "a peaceful game".

Things could change. But it's certainly ironic that Arle, who dislikes being prim and proper, possibly can't fight because... her company wants her to be prim and proper.

Jokes aside... I would think it's a pity. Arle is my number four right now and my most wanted from Sega. It would really be a shame if she couldn't get in because of something like that.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
HOW COULD I FORGET TRAVIS!?
I was so focused on Doom Slayer that I forgot about my favorite otaku assassin!
I also recall that Suda 51 helped Sakurai in making SSBB so this could Sakurai's chance to repay the favor.
Travis will never get in to Smash

- hes too sexy
- he says bad words
- he makes ppl bleed

thats it. i win. bye bye

D

Deleted member

Perhaps...but honestly Verge deconfirming all these charactets sounds kinda fishy to me.
I stick by my own personal philosophy. If Vergeben says a character is in, they're in. Everything else he says should be thrown into the trash and ignored.

Stormy Rain

Smash Rookie
Elma has a lot to offer for a DLC pack, but the thing is, she's still a spirit.

I know a lot of folks here love to say that doesn't mean jack, but you gotta remember that the only way to actually know if they're fair game is if one of them actually pops up as DLC later on, which isn't exactly that easy to expect, much less when you consider that statements about Nintendo's approach to this DLC have only been playing in favour of brand-new guest characters each time.

She's not impossible, just not easy to see coming.
How do we complete the World of Light mode if the game's design regarding spirits prevent it?

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
I think Krystal, Ashley, and Lyn have pretty good chances as well.
As much as I want Lyn to take Ike or Corn's spot in future games (adding her and a 3H rep would be very fitting, I think), I really don't think they're going to add another FE character to Ultimate. Unless they're from 3H, simply due to the surprise runaway success that game has enjoyed.

My girl Lyn more than deserves a spot in Smash, but unfortunately it wouldn't be good business this time around. FE fans would be upset that it's not Byleth or Edelgard, and Smash fans would be upset at another FE character. Fingers crossed she's a base roster character in Smash 7 though!

If an AT is promoted (which, honestly, is looking less and less crazy every day), it would be Shadow or Waluigi. I'm just looking at it from a business perspective, and as much as I would honestly, truly love to see Skull Kid or Midna or even Isaac playable, I personally can't see them being financially viable choices for DLC.

Still, hey, significantly stranger things have happened with this franchise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's a part of me that wants all the Mii costumes to get the fully playable treatment. Yes, even ones like Flying Man and funny Skeleton man.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Part of me wants to see Heihachi at some point down the line, largely just because Tekken 7's OST slaps really, really, really hard and having it in Smash would be rad.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Meanwhile, someone was trolling yesterday in Papageno's discord and made obviously fake mii costumes and spirit boards for Freddy Fazbear being DLC 5 and sent it to LaxChris, who them made a video on it. Yep.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
So about the Arle thing: I said it on the RTC thread, but the creator of Parappa also didn't want him in a fighting game and he still made it to PSASBR, as one of the first reveals, even. Villager was also initially not considered for Smash in Brawl because AC is "a peaceful game".

Things could change. But it's certainly ironic that Arle, who dislikes being prim and proper, possibly can't fight because... her company wants her to be prim and proper.

Jokes aside... I would think it's a pity. Arle is my number four right now and my most wanted from Sega. It would really be a shame if she couldn't get in because of something like that.
I don't think it's about being prim or proper but about protecting the image of your series. Like I love the ability to play as villager and isabelle but I honestly don't think either character should be in Smash due to the nature of the series.

Basically I can understand the stance, especially with more mature or "violent" characters being added to Smash.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Repost from the Ultimate Social Thread.

Could mean something, could mean nothing.
Didn’t we go through this song and dance with Terry? I thought that the blue dot really meant nothing in terms of whether or not a video was uploaded.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Repost from the Ultimate Social Thread.

Could mean something, could mean nothing.
I believe this has "happened" many times before and almost always leads to nothing, aside from the fact that somebody's notifs acted up. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yellow - Banjo
Blue - Terry
Red - Joker

Whelp wrap it up guys. We know who FP5 is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom