• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Newbs For Brawl 4 ~ Watertown, CT~ October 25th]

TeeVee

Smash Lord
metaknight has been banned allready in a bunch of tournies...

O_o

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm definitely coming to this instead of Scranton. I think I've improved quite a bit from last time, but we'll see. Looking forward to meeting / playing you all!

I'll bring a full setup, Wii + Brawl + TV (+ Melee, even though I suck).

noodles

Smash Champion
id so miss esticle so i have enough money for this if you guys ban metaknight

Buuman

Smash Ace
heres the thing, MK needs to be banned as a whole in the community, cause if he's not people will continue on using him. The flip side...if certain tournies ban him..it's too inconsistent. Less people will put time in to mk but those who do will get the profit.

Ultimately MK HAS TO BE BANNED AS A WHOLE, or not at all

noodles

Smash Champion
banning it in small tournaments would help. if enough people hosts tournies with out him. the trend would get bigger. and become tournament standard sooner or later. im pretty sure mk would get banned as a whole eventually though.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Noodles I agree with you to an extent but the thing is I honestly think at this point banning him this close to the tournament will just cause a poor turnout. We may gain a few more people but it just seems risky. So far from what I've seen in the US one tournament has banned MK and I respect them and give them credit for standing up for what they believe but it's just too short notice. You have to remember that's kind of like saying "okay you have two weeks to learn to play a new character as well as your main."

For the next one I am definately down for the idea but I don't know about it this go round, although I won't complete throw it out. Discuss I suppose. I really hope you go though I havn't played you in awhile.

Voidious that's good to hear. Are you coming alone or with some people? Just trying to get a head count or at least an estimate.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
its ok once u learn everything. I grow tired of ppl bashing it and they kno next to nothing on it....and they only played melee for 4 months LOL. Wait till u get shined twice. Stocks drop like flies.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
meh. i kno nothing of this game. i jus play with scrubs for funzies

on its own, tis an ok game. melee still the deepest fighter of all time, but brawl tis fun noetheless

then again, hitting scrubs with warlock punch, falcon punch and other varieties of HUGE are always fun

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I wish people in the state would give it more of a chance but they don't really care to learn but then again most people in CT don't know or want to learn much about Melee either it seems. It's just gay when you go to tourney threads and people ***** that Brawl took too long because it's an "awful game" when the game itself has nothing to do with how quickly a tournament runs. Are you going to this Trade? We would have time for a third event I think...any suggestions?

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Hopefully someone brings a camera so I can get some matches recorded finally...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can't force people to like something. If they like Melee more here, then that's how they wanna do it. People want something fast and with lots of tech skills. A game that gets your fingers worked up. Brawl does not have MUCH of that.

To me I like Melee much more than brawl. But I like both games, just not that hyped about brawl and all. Some people moved to brawl cause they are better at this then they were in melee. And made a Name for themselves, and now became famous in the smash community. Now who does not want that in a game. So its like human nature to learn toward the other. This also applies to the Melee players who play melee better than brawl. All makes sense if you think about it.

With me I'm know for my Peach in brawl and see as one of the top in the U.S and famous in brawl I suppose. Melee I was really stupid and a dumbazz and took things out of hand to even get good at it. I screwed myself over there. Honestly my Peach was nothing in melee. But because of this I won't go bashing the game and etc. I still like melee much more. And prefer it over brawl. But I still play play and try to enjoy it despite reason I like Melee more.

CT with melee is like N.Y with brawl. You can show them all the fancy tricks and stuff as well as the basic of the game, but that won't make them play it or get hooked on it.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
People still shouldn't throw it out as a bad game. A lot of people around here won't even give Brawl much of a chance. They just don't care like you said NY is. I understand what you're saying and completely agree, it's just annoying to see/hear people shoot down something you really enjoy without really trying it. It also sucks because I wish the tournament scene in this state was healthier.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
People still shouldn't throw it out as a bad game. A lot of people around here won't even give Brawl much of a chance. They just don't care like you said NY is. I understand what you're saying and completely agree, it's just annoying to see/hear people shoot down something you really enjoy without really trying it. It also sucks because I wish the tournament scene in this state was healthier.
This is what i was sayin before. Ppl throw it out and didnt even try it. It wasnt even out for a year yet. Ppl dont understand this happened to melee when it first came out. They Hated melee. Ken hated it but look where he ended up. Being one of the first players to go all out with fame. Just wish ppl werent ignorant.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah true...things will probably change, but either way Atlantic North is the only region going back to Melee and from what I've seen it's mostly only the NE.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
draft crews for brawl or melee?

draft crews for brawl > melee singles lol

It would be like an old school pick up game, sickkkkkkkkk.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Give me a week with Melee and I be back to my old self with Peach again. And I would do the draft melee or brawl. Trade you still owe me a match in melee and we have a Peach Vs ROB match to finish up as well.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Also I am bringing a VCR to record matches of me. So if we do crews, I will get those recorded as well.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Probably not. You beat me pretty **** good. I'll do a few friendlies but no money this time.

I don't really have the cash to be doing MMs anyway. :(

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
The draft crews would be Brawl but I'm not sure what the ruleset would be...any suggestions?

Also Brawl draft crews or Melee doubles. Votes?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I vote for draft crews. And rules should go like this:

- Three stocks Each

- 7 min

- First match is a random legal stage.

- The person who comes in can choose what stage to fight on.

- Whatever character you pick, you must stick with them. the only time you can switch characters is if you go into the fight and not lose a stock. (does not matter if the enemy had 2 or one stock left)

Top Bottom