• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Newbs For Brawl 4 ~ Watertown, CT~ October 25th]

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Sweet so the new counter pick list is...

Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Seige
Norfair
Battleship Halberd
Jungle Japes
Poke Stadium 1/2
Brinstar
Corneria
Pictochat
Rainbowcruise
Pirateship
Yoshi's Melee
Hannenbow (Teams only)

Perfect.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I saw you playing on Japes at MM. Why do you like it so much if I may ask? Isn't it a pain to kill with peach there?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hell no. Peach is a light character, and she dies easy going up. and the roof on that stage is so high. And Peach is better at killing from the sides then off the top. And since I DI well, I wont be dieing so easy off the top.

Look at the money match Vs this snake on Jungle japes. His uptilts were not gonna kill me so easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvytdSq4k2Y

Also Peach can play and move around that stage just fine.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Hell no. Peach is a light character, and she dies easy going up. and the roof on that stage is so high. And Peach is better at killing from the sides then off the top. And since I DI well, I wont be dieing so easy off the top.

Look at the money match Vs this snake on Jungle japes. His uptilts were not gonna kill me so easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvytdSq4k2Y

Also Peach can play and move around that stage just fine.
Yep he has a valid point, come see my luigi at NFB I never faced a peach.

This NFB is gonna be mad cool.

:D

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Brinstar has a high ceiling? Since when? I could be very very wrong here but I'm pretty sure all the blast lines are close on that stage.

Personally I think Corneria is a bad level, but ::shrug:: It works for DK pretty well so i can't complain I guess. I like Sonic there and I don't... Sonic dies too easy there were as any level with average blast lines I can survive really well at with Sonic.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah dude that level has a high ceiling and close walls trust. I'm pretty sure it's so you don't die really quick from lava. Try it out it's fairly high that's why M-D and I ban it cause Fox can't kill as well horizontally.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Shrug I could just be mistaken, or thrown off. I could of swore I've gotten a kill off the top from Cargo Up Throw there. But maybe that platform is just higher than I think.

::shrug::

Buuman

Smash Ace
There was a tourney that Banned MK. I agree that he is pretty broken...but that makes me feel that much

better when I do beat a MK player. People are becoming lazy and deciding to just not deal with MK and ban

him. Talk about walking away from your problems >,>

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I don't think i'll be coming to this. Attendance for CT tournaments has made me wary about what i go to. It's a pretty far drive for me to show up when there is only 12 people there, like last time o.O Anyways, if people decide to actually play brawl then i'll be going. Until then, hope the tourney works out. Mass Madness was a confidence booster because there were 80 brawl players! 80!

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Icy that's sad to hear :0( this one does actually seem a bit more promising since we've been advertising out of state and on when I do stuff on myspace (like I did for the first NFB) a lot of people showed who didn't post. Well I hope you end up coming I'd like to do some friendlies with you!

Buu I agree it is possible to beat him although he is sooo over powered. I can somewhat understand the banning him since so many tournaments are won by MK it is a bit ridiculous but I think the metagame will advance past that where he won't seem so outrageouse. Are you and OBM coming down to this?

TeeVee

Smash Lord
ill spam that all over all is brawl... until dark pch bans me (again >_>)

Buuman

Smash Ace
we shall see. I'll talk to him about it. As long as people actually show up. He's decided its not worth it to travel that far if only 30 or less go

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If the attandence turns out to be poor I might not go. I dont wanna waste money to get there plus to enter plus food for nothing.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
poor attendance or not, if i'm bored, i'll show up and enter singles

japes is a fine stage imo. seems like a good place to take snakes

i still dont see why hanenbow is legal. that stage is azz
It's only legal for teams because it's so large and good for light charactered teams. You should definately come trade I've still never played you in Brawl.

I really don't think attendance will be poor I've been advertising in NYC threads and Azen said he will go if he get can Chillin/Chu to go. Also think Bum will bring some people. I started advertising around the area too for some n00b attendance which is always good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm.....Guess I'll show up to this after all. I have rep Peach in N.Y, N.J and M.A. Might as well do it in this state next.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
<333Darkpch

I was about to start asking for a new parter for doubles

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am only here to help you out as I said I would. You needed a teammate so I thought I lend you my aid. Not about to leave you hanging. Also I gotta Rep Peach in this state. I have done it in N.Y, N.J and M.A. CT will be my next target.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
So I guess the crew CIP is attending this according to Louis? That's like an extra 10 people. Word.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
nice, this looks like it's gonna have a decent turnout; ill be happy with anything over 25...

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
^ So will I. 30-35 would be great. I can think of off the top of my head like...another 7-10 people that will be going to this that don't post as well so I'm not too worried about the turnout.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
hmm seems like a bit more people are interested. I had gone back to melee maybe i will stick around for this one last time xD

might not be able to though because i'll be moving around that time.

Top Bottom