• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Newbs For Brawl 4 ~ Watertown, CT~ October 25th]

IcyLight

Smash Lord
so what is it me dark pch nana moon going to this? that's it? Noodles if you go we can pwn again =]

Unless a few more people are going to this i'm gonna have to sit this one out. Long drive for a 5 person tourney. Mind as well just do MM's over wi-fi

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
a bunch of people always show to these that don't post. I'm gonna start promoting this on myspace too. I'll have Louis put it on All is Brawl as well.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Icy good games at mass madess. Your oilimar is beastly. Nice playing. See you in CT when me and Teevee tear it up over there in teams :p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea it is pretty insane. I am uploading the tournament matches with me and him right now, they should all be up within an hour

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
a couple of those counter picked stages shouldnt be on there..

distant planet...?

maybe CT just doesnt play as hardcore as NJ =)

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Ha maybe... Distant planet has always been on for CT. We took Port Town off bu now that you bring it up...

WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF DISTANT PLANET?!

Personally I don't mind it as a counterpick but discuss anyways.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You will die off the sides easy.That stage is easy to die on just like that G&W stage. Snakes and meta for example will kill you easy. All meta needs is one combo to an Up-B and you are down. And all snake needs is one Ftilt at like 80 I think and you are done.

Training throws as well can kill you easy there. And it is not a legit stage in tournaments around the U.S (Mostly)

BUM163

Smash Lord
hey how can people get to this? what metronorth train gets there? also i'm doin a bx weekly this weekend either oct 10 or 0ct 11. as soon as i find out... i'll let ya know. anyone willing to come i have a thread up. my aim name is oni163

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I definately might be interested in coming. You can take Metronorth train to Waterbury which is right near the venue and if you need a ride from the station I can pick you up. Hope you can make it that would be sic!

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
Btw, if anyone's doing head counts, I might be coming to this. It's basically between this and the TGP one in Scranton (about same distance from me).

I had a lot of fun last time and it was cool meeting you dudes, it was just kind of a small turnout. But if Bum and/or other NYC players are also coming, that kinda swings the scales back towards NFB. =)

Buuman

Smash Ace
Hopefully can make it to this. I'll talk with Blackmage even though he's not too crazy about the driving. As long as people actually go to this, we might go. Get people to come to this and we'll most likely show

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I looked over the stage list and here's what I think should be the final list. It's only counters.

Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Castle Seige
Halberd
Pstadium 1/2
Brinstar
Pictochat
Corneria
Pirateship
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island [Melee]
Hanenbow (Teams Only)

Now I took out Luigi's Mansion and Distant Planet. Yoshi's Melee will and should stay and I was considering Pictochat but I realized everything is easily avoidable and is a great counterpick if the player knows how to use it. Other than that it's just long and flat and ok in my book. Sound good everyone? I have to get this up on All is Brawl soon.

Voidious- Definately come dude it's gonna be a great time and it's at a different venue which is much more comfortable, cheaper and in a busier part of town.

Buu- Dude that would be awesome! You guys should definately come. I started advertising in OOS player finder threads and on myspace. I have a feeling it's gonna start catching on a bit and end up being a decent turnout. Ninja Link also showed some interest incoming FYI.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Ok so I looked over the stage list and here's what I think should be the final list. It's only counters.

Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Castle Seige
Halberd
Pstadium 1/2
Brinstar
Pictochat
Corneria
Pirateship
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island [Melee]
Hanenbow (Teams Only)

Now I took out Luigi's Mansion and Distant Planet. Yoshi's Melee will and should stay and I was considering Pictochat but I realized everything is easily avoidable and is a great counterpick if the player knows how to use it. Other than that it's just long and flat and ok in my book. Sound good everyone? I have to get this up on All is Brawl soon.

Voidious- Definately come dude it's gonna be a great time and it's at a different venue which is much more comfortable, cheaper and in a busier part of town.

Buu- Dude that would be awesome! You guys should definately come. I started advertising in OOS player finder threads and on myspace. I have a feeling it's gonna start catching on a bit and end up being a decent turnout. Ninja Link also showed some interest incoming FYI.
Luigi's Mansion stays, thats too good of a counter pick and nothings wrong with it, nothing kills you, it's just harder to maneuver, which is normal for any stage since there all differently designed.

Luigi's Mansion stays.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
No. It doesn't? MD/VA have it banned, I looked up a lot of the upcoming Brawl tournaments and most have it banned. It's absolutely gigantic and can be used for such cheap campy ****. Also the last NJ tournament which was big had it banned as well and HOBO had it banned which was a 112 person tournament. If All of Texas/MD/VA/NJ agrees and NY too.... it should go. It's a mess. I say it goes.

Discuss.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
No. It doesn't? MD/VA have it banned, I looked up a lot of the upcoming Brawl tournaments and most have it banned. It's absolutely gigantic and can be used for such cheap campy ****. Also the last NJ tournament which was big had it banned as well and HOBO had it banned which was a 112 person tournament. If All of Texas/MD/VA/NJ agrees and NY too.... it should go. It's a mess. I say it goes.

Discuss.
not a mess, being gigantic only gives the ppl who are light the advantage, not to mention
its easy to get damage in with the roof. The beams dont let you camp so camping is out of the question...

TeeVee

Smash Lord
not a mess, being gigantic only gives the ppl who are light the advantage, not to mention
its easy to get damage in with the roof. The beams dont let you camp so camping is out of the question...

LOL!!

10ihopeyourjokings

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I honestly don't care if its banned or not, it's a good Rob stage. All I'm saying is, if you really think you cant camp there, watch a couple of planks matches at Luigis mansion.

Buuman

Smash Ace
it should go. It's a horrible stage. How bout I play moon-doggie with MK on luigis mansion and show him how bad it is.

Belz

Smash Rookie
I'll be attending as well as a bunch of friends that also don't post. I'm spreading the word around the area as well. Should be a decent turn out.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't care if its banned or not, it's a good Rob stage. All I'm saying is, if you really think you cant camp there, watch a couple of planks matches at Luigis mansion.
QFT. Go watch some of Plank's vids on Luigi's it's a mess. That's part of the reason the stage got banned lol.

it should go. It's a horrible stage. How bout I play moon-doggie with MK on luigis mansion and show him how bad it is.
Exactly. Even in teams the stage is still a mess.

It's also Lucario's best CP...
It is good for Lucario but there are plenty of good CP's for him. Try like any stage with a high ceiling and decent walls. Lucario is pretty **** good at staying aliving and regardless whether or not the stage is perfectly flat or has platforms Lucario can take advantage of both situations because he's a great character with a lot of options. I definately wouldn't consider this stage at all based on Lucario. There are plenty of stages for him. I say it goes, it's a horrible stage and that's a general concensus around the nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLvRh_4JHQ

Watch that. There are worse one's than that as well. BTW Esticle had it banned as well before it went Melee. It goes.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Yes they did. And, personally, I never much liked Cort's stage list over all. What about Jungle Japes? Distant Planet I'd be iffy on, but ::shrug::. Corneria is a mess of a level, imo. Luigi's can be abused but you're aware Plank can run the clock on friggin FD right?

And what counterpicks even have a high ceiling? I mean I think FD might be the biggest on that list.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
japes' ceiling never ends ....

that's why I love it

<333Japes

noodles

Smash Champion
luigis mansion was fine till plank ran the timer there. but he does that in every stage. plank should be banned

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
i vouch for noodles. i can run the timer out anywhere!
Lol. Wouldn't you agree that it's way easier on Luigi's Mansion than on a lot of other stages? Do you agree it should be banned?

Ace- FD, Brinstar, Pictochat, Yoshi's Brawl, Stage 3 of Castle Seige and even Frigate has a relatively high ceiling. Norfair on the lower platforms is a ways up as well. Cort took Luigi's Mansion off the CP's for Esticle 12 and maybe 11 as well, I'm positive. Corneria is just small and you do get 2 bans afterall. It's a great level if you know how to use it and for weak characters. You should love that stage as Sonic lol.

As far as Jungle Japes goes I think it's a bit messy because it's an unfair advantage to some characters with teather recovery and especially to MK. If everyone on here seems to like it as a CP I can add it on the list, it's used out west/midwest as a CP.

I just realized I didn't put Delfino on that CP list lol. Obviously it's on.

Top Bottom