• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #1: Game over, Scum win!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Notice how he ALWAYS bandwagoned onto the lynch. On XACE K
1. I didn't even vote for XACE

right after Skyler's "Someone hold me"? What the **** is that? That's clearly a post trying to act as if he's actually worried, when he was the one who agreed on Marshy's death
2. I was gonna post, but he beat me to it, that's all.

Now that his partner is in trouble he decides to post more? Two posts consecutively nearly is amazing for him.
3. I don't have an answer to that. I mean, one post was just a conversation starter, the other was a post to tell everyone to slow down and not make any(more) hasty decisions. Also, even if Skyler did investgigate me, it wouldn't make a difference because he'd be dead tomorrow anyway. No way would the mafia let him live after that confession.

One last thing. If Skyler is the cop, and frozen is Mafia and meno is townie just as he said, that only leaves you for the second mafia member.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. It's clear like this.

Frozen is mafia.
I'm the cop.
Either TUSM or Chaco is the other mafia (I still think it's most likely Chaco, but TUSM is still a possibility.)
I'll be ****ed if Meno isn't a townie.

We need somebody to vote Frozen so we can move onto the next round and find out who IS the second mafia - TUSM or Chaco.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well TUSM you just gave yourself away. Good job, you made it easier on us.

Also, even if Skyler did investgigate me, it wouldn't make a difference because he'd be dead tomorrow anyway.
You just undoubtedly told us you were mafia.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
How do you figure? Do you not agree that the mafia member remaining would lynch the cop? I mean, if it's the cop and the townie versus the second mafia member, the game is pretty much over. They're obviously gonna stop the cop from gathering any more information, I mean, it's common sense.

I don't see your reasoning behind this accusation.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The way you worded it was very suspicious. Like you were the one gonna kill him.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think this has gone far enough. :)

Allow me to present some facts:

• For one, I'm the cop.

• After my investigation last night, SkylerOcon was shown to be mafia (my first investigation proved Marshy to be town).

• It only takes three votes to lynch, and both SkylerOcon and Chaco are more than prepared to lynch without even a real world day of discussion.
If you can connect the points, congratulations town, we're just about done.

Now, I realize that it's going to a little more than confusing having two people claiming cop. I'll do the only thing that a rational TOWN-ALIGNED person would do - I won't vote just yet. We NEED discussion.

If I got it down, TUSM, frozenflame751, and I are the remaining town. Our next lynch is going to be Skyler (it has to be), but for now, our job is to make absolutely sure Chaco is tied with him.

I trust TUSM won't jump to voting as he's showing intelligent hesitance, and Frozenflame is a veteran who knows not to jump into such things. So let's all sit back, relax, enjoy some home-town-grown Newbee orange juice, and discuss some questions:

Why did Skyler choose to lie about being the cop? Was he confident the real cop was dead?

Was this a poor attempt at a blitz? Or an attempt to muddy the real cop's name?

(This one I'll aim at myself) Why did I wait till just now to reveal all this?

And most interestingly; what is Chaco's response to all this? And even more devilishly interesting, what will Sklyer's be?

I'll answer any of the above if asked, but I'd like to hear your opinions first. We have till July 24th gentleman, be patient, and be ever doubtful (EVEN ABOUT ME), but most importantly

DON'T EFFING VOTE WHEN TWO MAFIA ARE STILL ALIVE AND IT TAKES THREE TO POTENTIALLY LOSE.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
LMAO EPIC BLITZ FAIL!

Skyler HAS to be mafia people. Look at him! He's trying to get me lynched before I could even get into the threat to respond!

On top of that, I have two votes on me. If both Chaco and Skyler weren't both mafia, the mafia would have hammered me and won by now.

Skyler ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE MAFIA. This horrendous failure of a blitz compounded with his scummy hammer and other **** that he's done has made it perfectly clear.

I know that I'm a townie so I know that Chaco HAS to be Skyler's partner, but obviously you guys don't have that luxury. But let me break things down for you guys a little bit.

In a lynch or loose situation such as this, ONE MISVOTE PLACE BY A TOWNIE RESULTS IN A LOSS. Think about it. If any townie were to vote for another townie, the mafia could coordinate and quickly double vote that player, easily securing irrevocable victory. Judging by the fact that skyler voted for me and I wasn't double vote hammered for a mafia victory, either Skyler or I MUST be mafia.

But which of us is the mafia? If skyler's previous behavior isn't enough evidence, consider this. HIS CLAIM OF COP HAS BEEN COUNTER CLAIMED. This means that either he or Meno MUST be mafia.

That's a 50/50 shot for Skyler being mafia in two scenarios. But wait, based on these contradicory claims, there are only TWO possible mafia partnerships. Myself and Meno, or Skyler and Chaco.

But wait, didn't Skyler say he investigate Meno and I? Apparantly Meno wasn't guilty! Look what we've uncovered ladies and gentleman, A LIE. It is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR MENO TO BE INNOCENT IF SKYLER IS THE REAL COP. THEY ABSOLUTELY MUST BE OPPOSITE ALIGNMENTS IF THEY'RE COUNTER CLAIMING. THIS IS EXPLICIT EVIDENCE THAT SKYLER IS LYING.

Take a moment and let it sink in fellow townies. The mafia's blitz attempt blew up in their faces. We've got this in the bag. Skyler and Chaco are our culprits.

Vote: Skyler

Chaco

Never Logs In
Woah, woah. So Skyler isn't the cop? I'm ****ing confused as **** right now.

My guess Skyler chose to lie about being cop to get him out of his position for a quick lynch. As to clear his name from a quick lynch today. Well that shot up in his face, and really I don't know what I was thinking last night voting so quick but I was pretty sure that Skyler was cop. Apparently I really need to rethink things. But the fact that stands right now is that Skyler is 100% scum.

Unvote Frozenflame

Okay now onto me being mafia. Uhh, wake up call? Did you have any suspicion of me at ALL this entire game, and ONE slip up apparently ****ing forces me to be mafia now? No, it sure **** well doesn't. You see how you had suspicions of Skyler throughout the game? Well, where were mine? You did't have any whatsoever. So now you think that lynching me is going to get you the win. THINK TWICE DUMB****S. Skyler blamed me of being mafia, and said that TUSM was playing a 100% townie game or some ****. Well that can't be true at all. Where the **** does this add up? Someone's maf partner blaming them and gonna lynch them on the next day. Uhh no. He was trying to pull the win. I see it clearly now. But if you think I'm mafia, you're making a huge mistake. TUSM counter in whatever way you please, Frozen and Meno ask me any questions you want. But the fact stands that I'm a Vanilla Townie. Not mafia,

Chaco

Never Logs In
that only leaves you for the second mafia member.
He seems pretty certain here that I am the second mafia member. Well I'm not as stated. Now it's time for some TUSM proof.

Alright. It's clear like this.

Frozen is mafia. Well we know this is wrong
I'm the cop. And this...
Either TUSM or Chaco is the other mafia (I still think it's most likely Chaco, but TUSM is still a possibility.) Wait, main focus on me? What makes this right?
I'll be ****ed if Meno isn't a townie. Wrongo, so he was wrong about ALL of them.

We need somebody to vote Frozen so we can move onto the next round and find out who IS the second mafia - TUSM or Chaco.
He only accuses TUSM here, because I'm thinking it's him. Trying to clear any suspicion of that pair up.

I'm not entirely cleared of my suspicions of you Chaco. However, I KNOW that Frozen is mafia. I'll investigate TUSM tomorrow, after there's a third vote on Frozen. If TUSM isn't mafia, then you are.
So then he pushes that he'll investigate TUSM here. Wrong. What was really gonna happen was he'd kill me. I'm naive for not thinking Skyler the main suspect before. I put Air in front of him which was stupid. But it wasn't just me it was others too. So, I know I should've voted Skyler now.

Alright. So, we have five people left. Myself, Chaco, Frozen, TUSM, and Meno. Out of all of us, I'm seen as the prime suspect. However, I think I've sufficiently explained all of my previous actions (the hammer on Xace, and the reason why I voted Air; I was wrong with both).

Of course, I'm not the only wrong who was wrong both times. Both myself, Meno, and Chaco have all voted wrong both times.

However, despite two mislynches, we can't be wrong. I am the cop. I investigated Meno night one, and Frozen night two. Frozen turned up guilty.

If any of you doubt this, just look at Frozen's posts. He is NEVER defending anybody. He is always accusing people. Why? Because he never had to defend anybody - TUSM and Chaco have never been majorly suspected, and Meno was scrutinized a bit at the beginning of Day 2, but was quickly set aside for me and Air.

Frozen is mafia.

Vote: Frozenflame
See here he TRIED HARD to blame me as mafia, and I didn't realize it until looking back. He said Meno was town and that all three of us had voted wrong everytime. So then let's analyze this shall we. Meno is town, he claims cop, and that leaves me at mafia. HE WAS TRYING TO FRAME ME AS HIS MAFIA PARTNER TO LET TUSM LIVE IF THIS BACKFIRED! DON'T YOU THINK IT INTERESTING HOW THEIR POSTS COINCIDE!

TUSM you've given us very little to work with as well. you have 4 posts since the game started and none are longer than 2 lines which i find interesting. you haven't said a word about skyler despite posts made by frozen incriminating him. do you find his logic convincing? who are you leaning towards to when it comes to lynching? post more!/QUOTE]

Then this that wa sposted by Marshy. Both of them seemed to be focusing on Frozen a bit, don'tcha think? And he never suspected Skyler.

My guess is that TUSM is the second mafia member.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think this has gone far enough. :)

Allow me to present some facts:

• For one, I'm the cop.

• After my investigation last night, SkylerOcon was shown to be mafia (my first investigation proved Marshy to be town).

• It only takes three votes to lynch, and both SkylerOcon and Chaco are more than prepared to lynch without even a real world day of discussion.
If you can connect the points, congratulations town, we're just about done.

Now, I realize that it's going to a little more than confusing having two people claiming cop. I'll do the only thing that a rational TOWN-ALIGNED person would do - I won't vote just yet. We NEED discussion.

If I got it down, TUSM, frozenflame751, and I are the remaining town. Our next lynch is going to be Skyler (it has to be), but for now, our job is to make absolutely sure Chaco is tied with him.

I trust TUSM won't jump to voting as he's showing intelligent hesitance, and Frozenflame is a veteran who knows not to jump into such things. So let's all sit back, relax, enjoy some home-town-grown Newbee orange juice, and discuss some questions:

Why did Skyler choose to lie about being the cop? Was he confident the real cop was dead?

Was this a poor attempt at a blitz? Or an attempt to muddy the real cop's name?

(This one I'll aim at myself) Why did I wait till just now to reveal all this?

And most interestingly; what is Chaco's response to all this? And even more devilishly interesting, what will Sklyer's be?

I'll answer any of the above if asked, but I'd like to hear your opinions first. We have till July 24th gentleman, be patient, and be ever doubtful (EVEN ABOUT ME), but most importantly

DON'T EFFING VOTE WHEN TWO MAFIA ARE STILL ALIVE AND IT TAKES THREE TO POTENTIALLY LOSE.
..........wow. So, we got two people claiming to be cops. Here's what I see:

Skyler posted pretty friggin fast claiming to be the cop. He said that frozen was mafia. OK. Chaco quickly responds and votes for Frozen. We had two votes for frozen, and I almost foolishly cast the hammer vote without even hearing from everyone. Enter Meno, also claiming to be a cop. He then said Skyler was Mafia. Chaco (again) hops on the bandwagon and has now voted for Skyler.

You mentioned me being a "bandwagoner," right? Well you have done the exact same thing, twice, in a period LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!! I think it's funny how you're pushing INCREDIBLY hard for a lynch, when anyone in their right (townie) mind would demand more discussion.

Skyler HAS to be mafia people. Look at him! He's trying to get me lynched before I could even get into the threat to respond!

On top of that, I have two votes on me. If both Chaco and Skyler weren't both mafia, the mafia would have hammered me and won by now.
This pretty much seals it. This makes all the sense in the world.

Woah, woah, woah! Why would I be considered mafia with Frozen! Just because I voted him based off of your report? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I've had no suspicions on me this entire time, what would bring them up now? I just don't see where you are getting this from.
That just means you did a **** fine job of covering up. I wanna hear from Skyler before I cast that last vote, unless Meno does before I do.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uhh, no it doesn't at all. You really think I've been bandwagoning? If so your a **** idiot. The two lynches before I was the first to case a vote on. Then you followed up with one sentence. Oh yeah, that's definitely not it.

TUSM countered nothing I said whatsoever and just passed it off, on what others said once again.

You want bandwagon, well here's one for ya.

Unvote
Vote: TUSM

You are really trying to pass me off as an idiot, sir. When in fact you've done absolutely nothing pro-town this entire game. It really makes me wonder about you. You just pass me off as second mafia, without any reason at all really besides Frozen saying I am. Uhh, what the **** dude? Come up with your own **** reasons and prove that I'm mafia. Form your own opinions, and stop jocking everyone elses. There is no doubt in my mind your second mafia. Post and counter me, do it. You haven't yet. On anytime someone's called upon you.

This double cop stuff is bull ****! I'm confused about who really is the cop now due to a post by Marshy. I'm utterly confused. I could've SWORN Skyler was cop due to this post.

also HEY COP: if the lynchee flips town toDay then you should claim day 3. we'd be at 3 townies and 2 mafia, putting us in lylo (lynch mafia or town loses), so you might as well get your results out there and hopefully narrow down the suspect list.
Uhh, Skyler came out and said he was cop. Why the **** did Meno wait then instead of countering him then and there. These are things I want to know. What's your opinion TUSM? Or do you have one...?

I know for a fact that Frozen is town now. There's no way around that whatsoever.

Oh and another thing TUSM, why would I bandwagon on my Maf partner? Does that make any sense at all, when you're the one who's not voting Skyler and clearly avoiding doing so. You two are the partners. Prove me otherwise.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well it seems right now like it's down to Skyler and Air. Both of whom have not voted. My thoughts for this happening still stand. Self preservation at this point, between the two of them.
well that's no good. the top 2 lynch candidates are the only ones who haven't voted and one's ahead of the other
I don't like this position at all, and I don't feel it wise to leave it like this.

Unvote
Cautious, non-hasty voter.

I stand by my vote, and will not recall it. I've had my suspicions of Frozen and voiced them a while back. This is the evidence I needed for him. Being a more experienced player, don't you think it's easy for him to decieve us? He's been doing a good job with it so far. But that ends now.
Hasty, "Quick everyone! Let's get him!" voter.

Either Chaco is bi-polar or he's mafia. :p

Also, the above quote.

And I waited to reveal my cop-ness so I could hear what you, Chaco would say. It was risky considering the situation, but TUSM assured me he was hesitant to vote, and Frozen would never be that hasty.

Just wondering, what will be the series of events once we lynch Skyler? It doesn't look good for me...

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Uhh, no it doesn't at all. You really think I've been bandwagoning? If so your a **** idiot. The two lynches before I was the first to case a vote on. Then you followed up with one sentence. Oh yeah, that's definitely not it.

TUSM countered nothing I said whatsoever and just passed it off, on what others said once again.

You want bandwagon, well here's one for ya.

Unvote
Vote: TUSM

You are really trying to pass me off as an idiot, sir. When in fact you've done absolutely nothing pro-town this entire game. It really makes me wonder about you. You just pass me off as second mafia, without any reason at all really besides Frozen saying I am. Uhh, what the **** dude? Come up with your own **** reasons and prove that I'm mafia. Form your own opinions, and stop jocking everyone elses. There is no doubt in my mind your second mafia. Post and counter me, do it. You haven't yet. On anytime someone's called upon you.

This double cop stuff is bull ****! I'm confused about who really is the cop now due to a post by Marshy. I'm utterly confused. I could've SWORN Skyler was cop due to this post.

Uhh, Skyler came out and said he was cop. Why the **** did Meno wait then instead of countering him then and there. These are things I want to know. What's your opinion TUSM? Or do you have one...?

I know for a fact that Frozen is town now. There's no way around that whatsoever.

Oh and another thing TUSM, why would I bandwagon on my Maf partner? Does that make any sense at all, when you're the one who's not voting Skyler and clearly avoiding doing so. You two are the partners. Prove me otherwise.
First off, voting for me isn't going to accomplish anything, no matter who you are. Second of all, you're just covering up any mafia connections you have by killing off one of your so-called partners. Obviously you're trying to do the town a good deed by attempting to kill one of your own, which is why you voted Skyler.

Also, you mentioned that you now know that frozen is town. If Skyler said that his "investigation" proved frozen to be mafia, why would you even think for another second that Skyler's the cop?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Actually I have been said to be bi-polar, no joke. Delve into that what you wish.

I think you risking cop like that was stupid, and you know if I'm mafia you'll be dead tonight. But I'm not mafia.

ALSO I like that discussion is taking place for once.

Although I still stand by the fact that TUSM is a cautious mafia.

Also, I have another question. Meno you've never been blocked correct? So it's safe to say that we don't have a role blocker, right?

That makes our job easier, much ,much easier.

I'm waiting for TUSM to reply, and counter everything he's said. Give me some time though. I'll make it concrete.

Also Meno, why I hastily voted was for one reason. The Marshy post. Like I said, that was my evidence of him being cop. You utterly shattered that with your claim, don't you think it alright for me to be confused now? Marshy was the most pro-town player in this, so I'll be pulling things from him. And what makes you think I'd kill Marshy? Me saying he's most pro-town was a mistake that probably put a target on his back.

Get concrete evidence or do not vote. I'm sorry for my hasty votes it was in bad taste. I guarantee it won't happen again. But make sure your are 100% right before you think of lynching me. Compare me to TUSM throughout the entire game and not just this one day. Be smart, and don't fall for cheap parlor tricks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
...know that frozen is town. If Skyler said that his "investigation" proved frozen to be mafia, why would you even think for another second that Skyler's the cop?
I don't that's why I said "NOW" I know Frozen is a townie. But more thorough dammit. I don't, I'm trying to get Meno's reasoning for waiting. It all adds up your trying to hard to accuse me that your blinded from logic.

Keep trying though, at least your coming up with your own reasons now.

Also, the whole vote Skyler thing is stupid as fuuuuuuuck. Uh, that wouldn't clear me at all, think about it. That's like the stupidest way EVER to try and clear yourself. Why would I try to do that? What's more is that fact that your calling me out and still not voting Skyler. It's safe now for you to. But you won't, you won't vote your own.

Chaco

Never Logs In
ALSO, I know that TUSM has been talking to Skyler on AIM. Response to that, TUSM?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It was about Pen and Sword. I IM-ed him telling him that Tom updated this thread, but other than that we talked about Pen and Sword.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Well, throughout this entire game, I've been consistent. I never changed anything I've done. I voted the same way, I've posted the same way, with the exception of now, where I'm posting a helluva lot, I've never openly accused anyone, though that could be good or bad. You, however, got pretty antsy when the end of the game was one final vote away from being won for the mafia team. I bet if some new info was stumbled across and someone voted for, say, Meno, you'd be on that train faster than Day 1 ended.

But make sure your are 100% right before you think of lynching me.
What kind of statement is this? You would let the town lynch you, thereby ending the game in favor of the mafia? If I had a vote against me, which I do, or if anyone was considering voting against me, I wouldn't just say "Oh, it's ok, just as long as YOU guys know, it's ok for me to die, even though I'm town." If you were REALLY town, you wouldn't just accept people voting for you, or even offer such a thought.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow you really just accepted my pushes for you to vote Skyler. And no TUSM, now you're making blind accusations again. This willy nilly responses are doing you no good.

What kind of post is that you ask? A post of confidence. Would I be confident if were mafia right now? No, the hell I'd be. And no one's voted me yet, it's just an idea spawned of blind accusations. If I was really town I wouldn't accept the idea of being lycnhed? Uhh, what did Air do? He was town. You lack a few keys here. Those being: Proof, confidence in your abilities, and logic. All of these are your downfall. You are trying sp hard to "catch me redhanded" that your falling for my baited posts. I'm trying to see what you'll do when I antagonize you and it's working so easily. You are clearly mafia.

I love how I've got you posting more, pushing you to vote Skyler just by my posts. It's clear to me that your mafia, to an extent it's not even funny. You just did your partner in. Good job TUSM, you fell for my trick to have me hammer Skyler. Good ****, ****ing bravo.

Unvote

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count
(3) SkylerOcon: frozenflame751, TUSM, Chaco
(1) frozenflame751: SkylerOcon

(1) not voting: MenoUnderwater

After cleaning the bloody mess and paying their respects to Marshy, the council members got down to business. One man suddenly took a deep stance and animatedly reached into his jacket pocket, pulling out a police badge and thrusting it forward so everyone could see. Woosh, woosh-woosh!

"Look, right, I'm the cop! I'm the cop, and I know for a fact that Meno is a townie, and I know for a fact that frozenflame is part of the mafia! Vote him, quickly, vote frozenflame so we can rid our town of this vile scum! Vote, vote!"

"Sounds good to me," remarked one member of the group.

"YES, VOTE VOTE VOTE!"

"I think I'll wait until I hear what everyone says," remarked a third.

Frozenflame stood in silence, watching the less experienced council members as they debated, smirking at their goings-on.

"NO, YOU HAVE TO VOTE! HE IS SCUM!"

A fifth voice pierced the crowd. "I don't think so," it rang, as heads turned towards MenoUnderwater.

"You said I was innocent, correct?"

"YEAH, AND FROZENFLAME IS GUILTY!"

"Well, if you're the cop, I'm innocent?"

"YEAH!"

"But, if I'm the cop, I'm innocent, and you are guilty," he snickered as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his own badge. The golden symbol of justice shined like a beacon of hope, glimmering in the light of the council chambers. In comparison, Skyler's badge was pasty and hastily put together, and an obvious fake.

"You tricked me!" remarked the man in the crowd. "I almost lynched a townie!"

"Yeah, everyone, he's not a cop, he's the mafia!"

"Good show."

"Justice prevails."

"BUT, BUT BUT... Ah, fuck it. You're all going down, and your city is going down with you. The best is yet to come," SkylerOcon remarked as he pulled out a pistol and blew his own face clean off.

SkylerOcon, a mafia goon, has been lynched!

"Such determination... well, let's go tell everyone what happened today."

The townies were proud of what they had accomplished, but they knew that tonight was going to be the most horrifying of all.

Day 3 has ended! Night 3 begins!
All night actions are due July 12th, Noon EST. (1.5 days)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Even before the sun rose, everyone had the same idea: get to the city council chambers early this Day, and hopefully we can catch the final mafia in the act of murder! One man unlocked the doors and kicked them open as the others caught up to him, but it was to no avail; everyone had the same idea, including the last mafia.

The town found their ally's body on the ground, mangled and broken in an inhuman position. His neck had been wrung and his arms and legs had been snapped. There were indications that a solid, heavy object had met sites all over his body with great impact, and the onlookers wondered if there were more broken bones in his body than those intact. His eyes were still open, fixed unblinking at the roof.

The group straightened the corpse and paid their respects, before quickly realizing that in the three among them, one was the final scum. Again, it was lynch or lose.

Frozenflame, a townie, was killed during the night.

Night 3 has ended! Day 4 begins!
With 3 alive, it takes a vote of 2 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for July 26th, Noon EST!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't want any votes until we've heard everyones opinion. I'm honestly surprised that neither Meno or I was killed. That little trick I pulled on TUSM was risky but it resulted in me hammer voting the mafia. I'd say everyone has an idea on who the scum is. But still, town has got this. Meno, did you confirm TUSM as mafia? I'd say you investigated me, but that should show you that Im not mafia.

Towns got this!!!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Wait...the dead people can post?

Well all I have to say is this s*** getting interesting. Especially Day 3.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Once you are dead, you are allowed to make only one more post, which should be simply you expressing your sadness that you are dead and cheering on your team. A classic example is “Bah go scum!” or “Bah go town!”
;)

I know you guys are super anxious to play again. Newbie 2 starts when this one ends and is being hosted by Macman. So be on the look out for that, as you will all be allowed to play (with the exception of Chaco who is in another game at the moment)

Please don't interrupt! Day continues!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Alright, I gotta make this quick. Despite putting the hammer vote on Skyler so quickly after promising NOT to make another hasty decision, Chaco is not my person of interest toDay. I can't post my full thoughts now 'cause I got work in a few moments. Hopefully, Meno will have posted, but either way, when I get expect a wall of text. All I ask is that you at least wait to hear what I say before doing anything, regardless of what Meno says.

Skyler may have been a bit more crafty than originally thought.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll wait accordingly, and respond as such.

Also, the reason for the hasty decision was the fact that he was mafia. I think all haste set aside it was good, no? It took care of one of our needs.

Chaco

Never Logs In
(with the exception of Chaco who is in another game at the moment)
</3 Tom.

Actually, I'd say you'll be able to fill this one up really fast with new people. But I"ll hush about not day related things now.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Wow, Meno STILL hasn't posted? Surely our "cop" would have a lot to say toDay.

Alright folks, it's time to end this and we end it NOW. As I said before, Chaco isn't my main topic right now, it's actually Meno. Since this is our final and most crucial lynch to date, I'm pretty sure he would've said something by now. (I don't know if we're allowed to use this info, but he was last online today at noon, but whatever)

Another thing that bothers me is that the "cop" even made it through the night. It makes no sense that frozen was lynched last night. Either the second mafia members has balls of steel, or he's incredibly dimwitted. Sorry for using such a term, but it must be said. Or, maybe it's something else...

Let's rewind to Day 3, where Skyler claimed to be our cop. He said Meno was townie, and frozen was mafia. Why he chose these two? not sure yet. Anyway, he and Chaco both voted for him, though Chaco was a bit rash in his decision. It was later found that he wasn't the cop, and Meno was the real "cop." He mentioned that he investigated Skyler and HE was mafia. OK, but I have two questions:

1. Who did you investigate Days 1 and 2?

2. What were last night's "investigation" results?

Since Skyler was proven to be lying, it leads to the question, how much of his "investigation" was made up? Frozen was shown to be townie, and he claimed that Meno was town. This also may be a lie. I've been thinking a LOT about this, and I even lost some sleep over it. (Seriously) Here's what I think:

I believe that both mafia members thought of the ingenious idea to both claim to be the cop, when in fact, we actually don't have a cop. Keep in mind that we have a possibility of not having a cop at all. Skyler claiming Meno was townie, then Meno claiming he was actually the cop, he managed to divert all of our attention from Meno to the three other townies, me, Chaco, and Frozen. This caused me and Chaco to argue over which one of us was the second mafia member. Our two mafia members put together this plan in the hopes that our cop was non-existant. It worked perfectly. Skyler allowed himself to be thrown under the bus by his mafia partner just to move our attention to ourselves. Eliminate the one "behaved" townie, and here we are.

Fast forward to the Skyler lynch. Assuming Meno was the second mafia member, he gets rid of the one person who was determined to be 100% townie. This just leaves Chaco and I to bicker between ourselves and cast votes against each other. This would allow Meno to simply vote for whomever he wished, and the game would've been over in Meno's favor. There's just one thing bugging me.

IF Meno is mafia, why didn't he cast the hammer vote, ending the game right then and there? Maybe he thought he'd drag this along just to humor everyone? Maybe he really is the cop? I'm leaning towards the former, but if I'm wrong, well, I've made bigger mistakes.

Vote: Meno

Chaco, you're probably thinking "I'm making this up." You seem like an intelligent player. Look at the facts. Meno has posted once in the last 2 Days, and he didn't vote Skyler after he claimed he investigated his mafia status. Meno only states his results from Day 3. Not that big a deal, but who else did he investigate? Your quick voting and lack of a final hammer vote afterwards lead me to believe that you were mafia, along with Skyler. It seemed that way, especially after Frozen's post.

You're a smart man. Make the right choice.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow TUSM, pretty convincing. I'll have to give you props.

Vote: Meno

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count
(2) MenoUnderwater: TUSM, Chaco

(1) not voting: MenoUnderwater

An eerie silence filled the room. Each man looked at the other two: one was a companion, one was an adversary; one was a criminal, one was a townsperson; one was his partners undoing, the other was to be manipulated.

The two badges from yesterday? One was fake, and one was real? Or one was fake, and one was simply less fake...?

"You wont fool me, Meno." TUSM declared as he laid out his plan. "I can see through your deceit."

"Sounds good to me," Chaco shrugged.

The two prepared the lynch rope and, before Meno could say anything at all, hanged him from the ceiling. Chaco put his arm in congratulatory embrace around TUSM as they watched their enemy hang. As Meno's breathless body swayed back and forth, an object fell out of his pocket - a notebook. TUSM leaned down, picked it up, and read it.

"INVESTIGATION RESULTS: Night 1, Marshy shows no signs of guilt. With this investigation, I have confirmed a great ally, a pillar of experience and knowledge that I can lean on during the Day without fear of betrayal.

"INVESTIGATION RESULTS: Night 2, I found blood on SkylerOcon's suit from the day before. DNA tests match it to the fallen doctor, Teran17. I will use this knowledge to rid my town of the scum.

"INVESTIGATION RESULTS: Night 3, I made my way to Chaco's apartment. As I was on my way there, I was jumped. A strange sensation came over me as I was quickly rendered unconscious. When I awoke, it was daybreak, and I had no time to successfully complete an investigation. I had been blocked, but I knew what to do next."

"Oh, no..." TUSM muttered as he realized what had happened.

While the group of eight dropped their heads in shame, the two mafia among them snickered. This was going to be easier than they thought.
Two of the men in the crowd snickered at each other. They had this in the bag.
"Sounds good to me," remarked one member of the group.
"Sounds good to me," Chaco shrugged.
"...oh, no."

"Why, yes. Yes indeed."

TUSM quickly turned towards Chaco and wildly threw a punch, which was met with Chaco's clasping hand in defense. TUSM threw his left, which was also met in stalemate by Chaco's other hand. With the two of them in deadlock, it was simply a match of strength.

Until TUSM... slowly... eyes, hard to keep open... strange sensation... don't understand... neck pain?

TUSM's body fell limp, victim to the tranquilizer that robbed MenoUnderwater of his investigation the night before, which had been stealthily injected into his neck as he read the cop's notebook and recognized his demise.

Chaco snickered as he brushed the signs of the scuffle off of his jacket. Pulling out a silenced pistol, he fired two rounds into the back of TUSM's head. He then moved back to the desks and reached for a briefcase that his fallen comrade SkylerOcon had prepared - a series of documents, that when put into legislation, would ruin the town of New Bee and produce a crime utopia, the perfect place to start a large-scale mafia operation. As the last remaining member of the city council of New Bee, nothing could stop him.

MenoUnderwater, the cop, has been lynched!

TUSM, a townie, has been killed in end-game!

Chaco, the mafia roleblocker, has survived!

The mafia (SkylerOcon, Chaco) win!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
First of all, thanks to everyone who played. I hope you enjoyed the game a lot and want to play in future mafia games. That said, Macman is going to host Newbie Mafia #2 very shortly and you are all allowed to join and play that one. You are also all encouraged to sign up as replacements into other games or wait for the new games to go into sign-ups when the old games end.

Thanks very much to Marshy and frozenflame751 who both vetted this game. They met my expectations and more, and did great jobs both playing and giving advice.

XKACE and Teran didn't get to do much because they only lasted one day, but I can tell that they have a lot to offer future games.

Air, there were many times when you had an opinion that you shared with me on AIM that you wouldn't share in the thread, for fear of confrontation. I have to again encourage you to post your thoughts in the thread at all costs. You won't be lynched for making discussion as long as you are simply stating facts and asking curious questions. I know that the next games you play you will be more outspoken and can offer more to either side you play.

Meno, you did a wonderful, wonderful job of hiding in plain sight as the cop. You were neither killed nor roleblocked until lylo, and in a game of 9 that is a nice accomplishment. Both your investigations were also fairly intelligent choices. I would like to say good job as the cop.

TUSM, though you made the wrong decision in the second lylo, personally I consider you a great victory in this game. I actually had to proofread and edit my Day 3 lynch flavor because I initially had frozenflame smirking and thinking to himself, "How much they have learned from their first Day's mistakes, how they have replaced their anxiety to lynch quickly with the ability to think rationally." When the mafia pulled out a quicklynch blitz that relied on your voting without thinking, you stopped them for a moment and said, literally, "I am going to wait until I hear what everyone has to say." I was pretty proud, to be honest, and felt I had to share my opinion with someone so I ran to Kirby King and talked about your good play on Day 3. But we are not always right at lylo, and though we play very well, sometimes it isn't enough to win the game. Chaco and Skyler had a great plan that they executed, but most importantly they adapted their plan after their initial failed blitz and salvaged a win by allowing Chaco to throw Skyler under the bus. So while ultimately you lost in 2nd lylo, you were the one to even create that opportunity in the first place by winning in 1st lylo, and I can't say that all the other players would have done that.

SkylerOcon and Chaco did a pretty good job pulling the wool over the towns' eyes, though I don't think I'm far from the truth saying that Marshy and Frozenflame were both onto Skyler as he seemed to be the pointman making the duo's necessary risky behaviors. However, on Day 1, the town lynched extremely, extremely quickly and stifled any discussion that they could have had. On Day 2, Frozenflame pushed very hard for SkylerOcon's lynch, but the other townies did not really put enough interest into what he was saying. Frozen is a very experienced player, and even in games full of vets, his opinions are usually rooted in great logic and are worth thinking about. However, SkylerOcon and Chaco did a great job. They acted like townies and did a very good job of manipulating, which is skill numero uno for the scum. They deserve their victory very much.

The two critiques I have for all players are 1) voice your opinions more readily and keep discussion going in many directions and 2) do not hastily vote and always allow your opponent the opportunity to argue their defense.

Thanks to everyone again for playing. I hope you keep playing more mafia games, and please dont hog all the fun and be sure to invite your friends.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Well, I'll be ****ed. I think he saw exactly what I was gonna say after Frozen got lynched. I must say that was pretty impressive. I was really hoping that Meno would've posted by the time I got home, and when he didn't, I just threw my cards all in. I really, REALLY, should've stuck with my original decision to lynch Chaco on Day 4, but Meno made that decision IMPOSSIBLY difficult to make.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, that blitz kinda blew up in our faces. Skyler came to me on AIM and said "We lost dude. GGs" I was like wait what? So, I started flinging six types of bull**** and lynched Skyler. So then I did what I thought no one would expect and Roleblocked Meno and killed Frozen. If I had left Frozen in it'd be a town victory right now. Frozen is mad good at what he does, and same goes for Marshy.

TUSM we were relying on you to quick lynch and us take the win. However, you really made me have to think man. Sorry for antagonizing you so much, but I really started to enjoy this near the end. You made it worthwhile.

Meno, man we were hoping that you weren't the cop. Turns out you were, and that screwed us a bit. But we got around it somehow.

It was a lot of fun, and hopefully those who got out early will still play.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You Mafia scum! You killed me! But like, I thought we all loved each other! :(

GG boys well played. :D

Chaco

Never Logs In
You know I love you Teran.

And you'd have been hella scary to contend with if we kept you alive. Your logic is perfect for this.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know I love you Teran.

And you'd have been hella scary to contend with if we kept you alive. Your logic is perfect for this.
Lol <3

Man, Mafia better not make a habit out of killing me first round. :urg:

Top Bottom