• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #1: Game over, Scum win!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
The conversation seems to have died down quite a bit. I don't think we're going to get anymore info from anyone. I was gonna wait a little longer to vote, but

Vote: airgemini

Again, I didn' want to rush into this, but maybe this'll start up a little talking. One more vote people, remember that. Don't rush into anything.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
no one has a problem with how quiet skyler got? all he's done toDay is defend himself and given little for us to work with when it comes suspicions

skyler who're your top suspects and why? do you agree with an air lynch?

vote skylerocon

i'm thinking that air might be town. everyone else playing has voiced suspicion towards him. then again the mafia may be bussing (members of mafia openly suspect each other) but eh. we have nearly a week left and we should take advantage of it.

and for reals this time:

no one hammer air just yet unless you're mafia >: (

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
and so it doesn't happen again be aware that i'm not defending air. at least not so much that i'm saying we can't lynch him toDay. it's that we have 5 days left and i'm pretty mistrusting right now. as it stands a skyler lynch seems best and i'm not too sold on meno being town just yet

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think it does, Marshy. In my book Skyler seemed to have clarified quite well. But you keep saying, no one lynch "so and so" unless you're mafia. That's not true, in any form. Like I've said before, that can be easily falsified by the mafia having already voted.

It's gonna come down to be a lynch between Air and Skyler most likely. Air hasn't voted, not has Skyler. If Skyler were to hammer Air, do you not think it could be self-preservation? Because he would know that it was between him and Air. Same goes for Air though. You can't pass them off as mafia just for hammering. That logic will cause a mis-lynch and send us a few more miles up **** creek.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i'm nervous when it comes to bandwagons. i said it before, it was ignored, and we were screwed over as a result. i'm not so much saying it's a clear indicator that they're mafia, just that it's a needless move that could potentially cause too much confusion and that it should be avoided

if skyler's town he shouldn't vote air out of self-preservation. he should vote air because he thinks he's most likely to be mafia. if he's town and causes a mislynch because of that and puts in a lylo (lynch mafia or lose) as a consequence, wouldn't you be suspicious of that? i would, so much so it'd blind me to suspecting others as much as i'd need to day 3.

best case scenario is that we agree to not hammer anybody until close to the deadline (i think the 8th would be ideal) and someone unvotes air so we can discuss our options a little more. it doesn't hurt us at all

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think in the early goings we just got really careless, not knowing what the true point of the game was. Now, we're all thinking, analyzing every action, something we clearly weren't doing before. I'm hoping no one makes that mistake again, but just in case:

Unvote: airgemini

Like I said before, I only did it to initiate some conversation, which it seems to have done.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Ok so, you thought both Marshy and XACE were mafia, and saw that XACE was one vote away from lynch, so you hammered him in order to eliminate one of your suspects, convinced he was mafia?

Why didn't you raise the point that you thought they were partners, and start some discussion based on that idea? THAT would have actually helped us.

In any event, are you still suspicious of Marshy, now that we know XACE was town?
No. Marshy would have no reason to protect Xace other than him being a townie.

I think Air is the most likely suspect, but we shouldn't jump into anything (like last time). I think we should try using the full two amount of time to try an decide if somebody is mafia or not.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Marshy, this time it isn't bandwagon. We've got more solid proof, so we're not just going off of that. But still we are heavily lacking in knowledge.

As of right now, my main concern is Air. He does not try to remove accusations on himself that much and he doesn't back his reasoning. I believe he's inexperienced scum. His indecision, and most of all that exchange with Meno brought suspicion on him. He then tried to counter vote me. With relatively no backing whatsoever. I countered that easily, and now he really hasn't said anything sense. This worries me. My guess is, he's either definitely scum or just a very tenative townie.

Next concern, Skyler. He did raise suspicion with his hammer vote. But I feel that he still is not our main concern. I'd like to think that it was a newbie mistake and not force a mis-lynch on him. Besides him doing that, we have absolutely no other backing on him.

Then brings up Meno. I have a relatively low concern about Meno. He just doesn't seem like scum to me. He really just seems like he was dragged into Air's indecision.

Then, TUSM. I'm not quite sure how I sit with TUSM. He tries to instigate activity, yet easily follows others. I'm still not quite sure. I'll wait for a slip up before thinking anymore about it.

Then, Marshy. I feel Marshy is completely pro-town. He's shown no signs of scumminess in the slightest.

And lastly, Frozenflame. He always comes in with a wall of text and an accusation. With his logic in mind. It's "Not WHAT they're saying, but WHY they're saying it". So, why is Frozen always the first to vote? Is it because he wants to push a mis-lynch? Or because he's impulsive? I'll let him answer that.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
skyler do you agree with any accusations towards anyone other than air? toDay you haven't said much other than defend yourself and agree that air is suspicious. that puts us in a tough position

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count
(2) SkylerOcon: frozenflame751, Marshy
(2) airgemini: Chaco, MenoUnderwater

(3) not voting: airgemini, SkylerOcon, TUSM

With 7 alive, it takes a vote of 4 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for July 9, Noon EST!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
skyler do you agree with any accusations towards anyone other than air? toDay you haven't said much other than defend yourself and agree that air is suspicious. that puts us in a tough position
Sorry. I couldn't post much earlier because I was about to leave the hotel I was staying at (I had little to no computer access the last five days due to me being on a trip).

Air is the only suspicious one in my eyes right now. He doesn't provide much backing and really doesn't... defend himself, so to speak. Frozen might also be mafia, as he always comes in with accusations - but that's about it. I think he's just trying to spark discussion, not push for a mislynch.

As of now, I'd say Air is the most likely. But, we should still wait a bit longer to try and lynch somebody.

Chaco

Never Logs In
We now have 5 days left before the deadline. We need to get out the last bit of discussion out, and start finalizing our suspicions.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
agreed. my vote's staying on skyler for the hammer vote, justifying it before doing it, and not looking for mafia toDay. all of his posts so far have been defending himself and agreeing that air is suspicious and i'm surprised he hasn't gotten more scrutiny

also HEY COP: if the lynchee flips town toDay then you should claim day 3. we'd be at 3 townies and 2 mafia, putting us in lylo (lynch mafia or town loses), so you might as well get your results out there and hopefully narrow down the suspect list.

if we lynch a mafia toDay then you'll have to use your own judgment. we'd be at 4 townies and 1 mafia and whether or not you should claim mostly depends on how much you can narrow the list or if you've gotten a guilty result on a mafia member

Chaco

Never Logs In
My vote's staying with Air. Just because I feel Air is the most suspicious.

It seems that right about now we're gonna have a split between Air and Skyler. Then it'll be left on someone to do the hammer.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think it does, Marshy. In my book Skyler seemed to have clarified quite well. But you keep saying, no one lynch "so and so" unless you're mafia. That's not true, in any form. Like I've said before, that can be easily falsified by the mafia having already voted.
All marshy was trying to say was that it would be incredibly suspicious and scummish for someone to jump on the opportunity to hammer either of the two people at lynch minus one. Essentially, all he meant was "it wouldn't make sense for you to place a hammer vote at this point unless you are mafia" etc.

No. Marshy would have no reason to protect Xace other than him being a townie.

I think Air is the most likely suspect, but we shouldn't jump into anything (like last time). I think we should try using the full two amount of time to try an decide if somebody is mafia or not.
Wait what? That doesn't make sense. If Marshy and XACE were scum partners, then that provides PLENTY of reasoning for marshy to defend XACE from getting quick lynched.

In a context where we assume Marshy to be town, then yes, it makes sense for hinm to only defend XACE if he thought he was town. Although, it would ALSO make sense for him to defend XACE if he really didn't have any opinion on XACE but just didn't want a quick lynch to occur. As a matter of fact, this actually seems like the most likely reality.

Which brings me to the question of where you got the idea that only that ONE reality could have been the case?

Then, Marshy. I feel Marshy is completely pro-town. He's shown no signs of scumminess in the slightest.

And lastly, Frozenflame. He always comes in with a wall of text and an accusation. With his logic in mind. It's "Not WHAT they're saying, but WHY they're saying it". So, why is Frozen always the first to vote? Is it because he wants to push a mis-lynch? Or because he's impulsive? I'll let him answer that.
Concerning Marshy, do you simply feel he is the most "pro-town" because he lacks scummy behavior, or do you feel his actions have been signficantly pro-town and constructive. I'm more or less asking whether you view him as a "neutral, non destructive" presence, or an actual "pro-town, constructive" presence.

Regarding my voting, I simply vote when I'm convinced someone is mafia. If I observe scummy behavior and can present sufficient reasoning for a vote, I do so. I don't like to pussyfoot around my accusations and always seek to make my intentions and accusations clear. Also, I typically like to play more aggressively early in the game and vote early to stir discussion. Later in the game, when votes are more powerful (esp. in lylo) I would never vote in the manner I am now.

I'm not being impulsive, but simply pre-emptive and provocative.

As a side note, don't expect a ton of activity from me in the next few days. My internet connection has been having some serious issues and oftentimes I can only access the internet for a few hours every night. I'm hoping it will be fixed soon, and I'll try my best to post whenever I can. Just understand my limitation. =)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Concerning Marshy, do you simply feel he is the most "pro-town" because he lacks scummy behavior, or do you feel his actions have been signficantly pro-town and constructive. I'm more or less asking whether you view him as a "neutral, non destructive" presence, or an actual "pro-town, constructive" presence.
I feel him as more of a pro town, constructive presence. To me, Marshy is very thorough and is good about supporting his reasoning. Looking back upon all of his posts, he's never really seemed scummy either. He just seems to be completely pro-town to me.

As a side note, don't expect a ton of activity from me in the next few days. My internet connection has been having some serious issues and oftentimes I can only access the internet for a few hours every night. I'm hoping it will be fixed soon, and I'll try my best to post whenever I can. Just understand my limitation. =)
Ah, that's sucky. Well, just post when ya can man. Hope everything gets fixed up for ya.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Vote: airgemini

I've stated my reasons before, and they still stand. No real attempts to defend himself, no concrete evidence that he isn't mafia.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
frozenflame751's limited access is noted.

Vote Count
(3) airgemini: Chaco, MenoUnderwater, TUSM
(2) SkylerOcon: frozenflame751, Marshy

(2) not voting: airgemini, SkylerOcon

With 7 alive, it takes a vote of 4 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for July 9, Noon EST!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well it seems right now like it's down to Skyler and Air. Both of whom have not voted. My thoughts for this happening still stand. Self preservation at this point, between the two of them.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
well that's no good. the top 2 lynch candidates are the only ones who haven't voted and one's ahead of the other

i still think air is the wrong choice. a lot of that goes off of meno and tusm both voting him and that i don't find either very trusting. also every single player here has voiced suspicion towards him meaning his partner would've had to bus (again, mafia members openly suspecting each other) him. it's muddy

As for the second mafia member? I don't have anyone specifically pointed out, but:

Meno: I'm still thinking about that short "conversation" they had after Teran was killed.

Skyler: At first glance, it looks like he made a hasty, yet, for lack of a better term, "noobish" mistake. Others say that he purposely cast the so-called hammer vote to end the day, eliminating someone before any discussion took place. Personally, I feel as though he just made a mistake.

Everyone else, I'm rather neutral. Frozen has been hella helpful, but it can all be a cover up. Same can be said of Marshy. Both being very knowledgable players, they can use their intellect to manipulate us into thinking they're on our side.
looking back this post interests me. it caught my eye because it gives us nothing but "we need to go air" just like skyler has recently done and you keep suspicion on me and frozen specifically. maybe you're just being skeptical though

your post before this had you saying "meno gave some good reasoning so i can let him go for now" or something along those lines, then in this one you seem unsure of him again. can you elaborate? your stance on meno here is neutral which puts him with everyone else but you mentioned him here separately. what for and what caused you to apparently change your mind?

Chaco

Never Logs In
well that's no good. the top 2 lynch candidates are the only ones who haven't voted and one's ahead of the other
I don't like this position at all, and I don't feel it wise to leave it like this.

Unvote

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You're right Marshy. I don't like the situation either. I don't like being a lynch candidate, especially when I'm one of the only two people who haven't voted.

So... Here's a big post of why I think Air is mafia.

Firstly:

So does that mean TUSM is a townie since he wants the cop alive?
Marshy was right with the think about why people post what they post.

And I could be sad, or I couldn't. I don't want to give anything away :mad:.
This post. Yes, it does look like Air was joking when he said the last line. But why bring the extra scrutiny onto himself as a townie? Making a post like that just isn't smart playing. He's essentially drawing attention to himself saying that he might not be town. Any of us could be mafia. But he's the only one who drew attention to himself about it.

Aren't we all hiding something? ;)
More unnecessary attention.

I voted for XACE because like Meno said, the game was going slowly and I wanted to see some more progress.

That is all.
This is also a bit suspicious. He says that he wanted progression in the game, but...

Vote: XACE-K.
That's his voting post. When he voted, he was the fourth vote. Meaning that it somebody voted after him, it would be a lynch. There were already three people voting Xace, so progressing the game was already well done by these three. Xace did not comment before Air's vote (showing that he didn't have a chance to counteract why everybody was voting for him), Air also gave no explanation in his voting post. This shows that he clearly was only thinking about one thing: getting Xace lynched. This is silly. If he really WAS trying to progress the game, like he said he was, he would've made a post saying "Maybe Xace should come in and explain himself..." or something of the sort. Not put on a dangerous fourth vote.

Also notice that in Air's comments, he never accuses anybody of anything. He is simply agreeing with people. He is trying to get by the game under the radar and unnoticed, so that nobody suspects him of being mafia. It's typical game theory - make yourself a known player of the game but not a prominent one. This will let you surprise people and come out victorious.

I think Air is mafia.

Vote: Airgemini

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
In response to Marshy, I only brought up you and frozen because I didn't see anyone bring up the fact that either one of you could be mafia, doing a good job of playing townie. Like I said, both of you are knowledgeable players and I felt as thought that was a valid argument that needed to be brought up.

And about the Meno statement, I mentioned that only because, next to air, he's the other mafia candidate in my eyes, but only slightly so.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
This post. Yes, it does look like Air was joking when he said the last line. But why bring the extra scrutiny onto himself as a townie? Making a post like that just isn't smart playing. He's essentially drawing attention to himself saying that he might not be town. Any of us could be mafia. But he's the only one who drew attention to himself about it.
At the time I made that comment because I didn't want to reveal myself as a townie because I didn't want to be lynched by mafia. It was an extremelly stupid mistake because since the mafia knows each other, they'd obviously know who's town. I couldn't edit it, and making another post correcting it would've probably brought more suspicion torwards me. Noobish mistake on my part.

More unnecessary attention.
But we are hiding something. The emoticon did kind of make it a little suspicious though.

This is also a bit suspicious. He says that he wanted progression in the game, but...

That's his voting post. When he voted, he was the fourth vote. Meaning that it somebody voted after him, it would be a lynch. There were already three people voting Xace, so progressing the game was already well done by these three. Xace did not comment before Air's vote (showing that he didn't have a chance to counteract why everybody was voting for him), Air also gave no explanation in his voting post. This shows that he clearly was only thinking about one thing: getting Xace lynched. This is silly. If he really WAS trying to progress the game, like he said he was, he would've made a post saying "Maybe Xace should come in and explain himself..." or something of the sort. Not put on a dangerous fourth vote.
I just voted for him because as I said, "the game was going too slow". Yeah, I didn't make a reason, because I honestly didn't have a reason.

And if you noticed this all before why didn't you say anything at the time? Or why didn't you mention something before you cast the last vote?
Just because he's already at four votes...
Vote: XACE-K
You simply just voted him because he was already about to be lynched, which would make it night for you to kill someone.

As far as votes go, I Vote: SkylerOcon

I brought the accusations to myself from non experience and noobish posting unfortunately.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
just voted for him because as I said, "the game was going too slow". Yeah, I didn't make a reason, because I honestly didn't have a reason.
Then why vote if you didn't have a reason. That just makes zero sense.

And if you noticed this all before why didn't you say anything at the time? Or why didn't you mention something before you cast the last vote?
I was too busy covering myself to make sure that I didn't get mislynched.

You simply just voted him because he was already about to be lynched, which would make it night for you to kill someone.
No. Had you read previous posts, I thought that Marshy and Xace were working together as a team, and since Xace was already at four votes, I thought I was quickly getting rid of scum. I was wrong, obviously

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, after reading through everything again. I've finally came to a decision. In my opinion Air was acting to suspicious through out to just now try and protect himself.

Vote: Airgemini

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count
(4) airgemini: MenoUnderwater, TUSM, SkylerOcon, Chaco
(3) SkylerOcon: frozenflame751, Marshy, airgemini

The New Bee city council learned from their greatest mistake from yesterday and took their time making their decision. Not only had the mafia misled them the previous day, but they had also murdered Teran17 the doctor in the middle of the previous night. The mafia were taking a proactive stance against this city, and the city council had to hold their ground.

Fingers pointed and accusations flew. As time passed, council members became comfortable on two different lynches. Two men were in a camp for one lynch, and two were in the camp for the other. When the fifth man announced his opinion, it was simply up to self-preservation - a man would never vote for himself.

With that in mind, the group encircled airgemini. He met the final accusation with a simple response, "As I've said a million times, I wanted the game to pick up a little. Doesn't mean I'm mafia."

The town decided: not good enough.

Grabbing airgemini, the city council wrapped a rope around his head and tied it to the ceiling. Removing the chair from under his feet, they watched airgemini's accepting eyes glaze over as his neck snapped and his body fell limp. As soon as they had done this, they knew... they might have known all along, and simply hadn't listened to their inner voice, or maybe they hadn't paid enough attention, or maybe they were simply manipulated by the mafia. Regardless, they knew they had made a mistake.

With solemn disappointment, they made the announcement to the rest of the city.

airgemini, a townie, has been lynched!

Day 2 has ended! Night 2 begins!
All night actions are due July 9th, Noon EST. (1.5 days)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As the sun rose, the council members made their way to their chambers. Last night, the mafia had killed their doctor, but yesterday, they had killed another one of their own. Who was really to blame? The mafia, for manipulating their actions? Or the town, for being so careless? No, it wasn't the town - they weren't murderers. They hadn't killed Teran in cold blood, and they hadn't... dear god, they hadn't been prepared to see what they saw when they walked into the council chambers.

A bloodied spike was jabbed into the middle of the table, with a burned and decapitated head stuck on the top. The skin and hair showed signs of second and third degree burns, the skin blistered and pussing. The skin was bruised and the bone was dented and cracked. The eyes were caked in dried blood and the jaw was broken open and tongue cut out. It was a message - speak your mind and die. After further inspection, the body was identified.

Two of the men in the crowd snickered at each other. They had this in the bag.

A third man's eyes glimmered with determination. "I've had about enough of this," he stated. "It's time to get down to business. Today, we lynch or we lose."

Marshy, a townie, was killed during the night.

Night 2 has ended! Day 3 begins!
With 5 alive, it takes a vote of 3 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for July 24th, Noon EST!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Alright. So, we have five people left. Myself, Chaco, Frozen, TUSM, and Meno. Out of all of us, I'm seen as the prime suspect. However, I think I've sufficiently explained all of my previous actions (the hammer on Xace, and the reason why I voted Air; I was wrong with both).

Of course, I'm not the only wrong who was wrong both times. Both myself, Meno, and Chaco have all voted wrong both times.

However, despite two mislynches, we can't be wrong. I am the cop. I investigated Meno night one, and Frozen night two. Frozen turned up guilty.

If any of you doubt this, just look at Frozen's posts. He is NEVER defending anybody. He is always accusing people. Why? Because he never had to defend anybody - TUSM and Chaco have never been majorly suspected, and Meno was scrutinized a bit at the beginning of Day 2, but was quickly set aside for me and Air.

Frozen is mafia.

Vote: Frozenflame

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow, well he was always rather quick to vote and accuse.

Vote: Frozenflame

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I swear, I better not see another post yet.

I'm not 100% on this, but how do we know Skyler is the cop? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but what if he's just trying to get us to mislynch one more time? I'm actually going to wait to hear from everyone before making another hasty decision.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm not 100% on this, but how do we know Skyler is the cop? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but what if he's just trying to get us to mislynch one more time? I'm actually going to wait to hear from everyone before making another hasty decision.
Just look at Frozen's game. It's been all accusations. He's covering for somebody - personally, I think it's Chaco, because I searched Meno already and he came out clean. I don't suspect you because you've been playing a purely pro-town game, and also didn't vote for Air, like Chaco did.

Then why would Chaco vote for Frozen? To clear up any suspicions on him. So next round, he would be cleared of all suspicions, if only for that one action. It would result in a win for the mafia, if Frozen dies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
HALT ALL VOTES

This is the hastiest voting I've ever seen. Are we really going to gamble the final game-deciding lynch LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES after the results?

Chaco and Sky - one or both of you needs to recall your votes UPON READING THIS.

If your pro-town, this isn't going to happen so soon.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Woah, woah, woah! Why would I be considered mafia with Frozen! Just because I voted him based off of your report? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I've had no suspicions on me this entire time, what would bring them up now? I just don't see where you are getting this from.

Here's my whole look on this. I believe Frozen and TUSM are the mafia pair. TUSM has been quiet nearly this whole game and never cleared himself to be town or pushed himself to show maf. Notice how he ALWAYS bandwagoned onto the lynch. On XACE K, and on Air. Basically all his posts consisted off I agree. And then his post right after Skyler's "Someone hold me"? What the **** is that? That's clearly a post trying to act as if he's actually worried, when he was the one who agreed on Marshy's death. There has been little suspicions here and there on TUSM but he never posted enough for anyone to get a read. He's been playing beneath the radar this whole time. Now that his partner is in trouble he decides to post more? Two posts consecutively nearly is amazing for him. I truly believe that they are the pair. We have Skyler investigate TUSM on Night 3 and be sure with it. Although we already know what it will flip. Mafia.

I stand by my vote, and will not recall it. I've had my suspicions of Frozen and voiced them a while back. This is the evidence I needed for him. Being a more experienced player, don't you think it's easy for him to decieve us? He's been doing a good job with it so far. But that ends now.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm not entirely cleared of my suspicions of you Chaco. However, I KNOW that Frozen is mafia. I'll investigate TUSM tomorrow, after there's a third vote on Frozen. If TUSM isn't mafia, then you are.

Top Bottom