• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Orbo when you look at Benjy's case on you, do you see reaching / flailing scum or newbie under pressure ?

Cuz i looked at it again but really I just can't see Benjy being town, I think no matter what Benjy flips we go for JTB / Vinyl tomorrow.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Yeah Rake, why ask that question? hm?...wait, Ran, why you question his question? trying to throw around some suspicion? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?????...wait, benjamin, why you question his question about question? WHAT AM I HIDING? TELL ME.
I still don't know what this is.

Looks like scum trying to be funny ?

IDK just blegh IMO.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Time to throw this flavour wrench out there:

BadWolf (Grodus, X-Naut Roleblocker) has been lynched!

Night 1 starts! No more posting in thread. Send in all Night actions by June 16th, at 11:59PM.
Hey so, this may be just a little thing, but flavour wise , TEC is a super computer in the X-Naut Fortress.

His boss is Grodus.

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
rake, not to jump on you, but if i were to have an evil character, i wouldnt just put his name out there and change it to vanilla townie and hope nobody noticed. also, if i did have and evil one, i would have waited for everybody else to claim, go on a wiki page and then see who was left and picked one. just saying thats not really a valid claim. i have some stuff out there that is much easier to attack me with.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

that's why i posted it as a flavour thing.

Plus go look at orbo's response and respond.

There's stuff you can be / should be doing right now Benjy.

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
omg u quoted my first post? lol that was just me being stupid. also, i can remember wondering when i posted that if it would get used against me. i figured i would just go with it because theres no way this game could get that intense. lol facepalm....

@JTB - wow really? "who cares if hes at L-1". thats kind of really scummy sounding. if it wasnt for the fact that homeslice was so townie i would probably try to wall you right now. if im going to get lynched, i at least want some reasoning behind it of your own...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You being at l-1 doesn't matter because if someone quick lynches you and you flip town, then we got our scum

:phone:

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
@orbo - as far as my read on Hipstersister i was fairly convinced that she was a scum at the begining of the game. as the game progressed, it kinda subsided. i dont know if she just got her act together or if she started hiding it better. that read is kinda fuzzy right now. im more focused on not dying right now but im going to look into her replacement if i survive the day.

also, your rebuttal to my post was kinda short. i know you were late for work but i would appreciate it if you would go into more depth as to why its wrong. just saying that life kept you too busy isnt really a good answer and usually people say when they wont be able to post for a while. could you just fill it out a little bit, or at least the parts you found to be the most off?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

if someone hammers you too soon.
And you flip town

We'll know they are scum trying to get into night phase faster.
We lynch them the next day

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
ugh...not really good from my POV but at least now i have a small chance of being a townie. well, progress is progress.

also, just to point out something that disturbes. me.

the COP claim. it just hurts for me now because theres no easy way out for me. look at it like this. the cop claimed his role when there was still a red scum left in the game. when he was questioned about the people he investigated, he gave 2 dead people and 1 person who he was pretty sure was a townie. i can understand doing it if they had waited untill the mass claim but still he pretty much just staked his life on the idea that we were totally going to get a red scum today. but there really wasnt a huge consensus at first as to "because X died, Y must be the last red scum". if we hammered the day before and got things pretty much understood i could understand. so what were you doing? my two ideas? you are either yellow scum with unknown as of now and the real cop is hoping the mafia kills you so that a huge fiasco goes down or you really are totally confident and have another card up your sleeve. if you do, i would appreciate it now because i could use some support.

also, i have a weird question that i should know by now. if a cop checks a yellow, does he show us as yellow scum or just a townie because he isnt red? if by some freak chance the cop and i survive, i would totally appreciate being copped tonigh, and i want to make sure that if he checks me i can be totally without suspicion. i jusst dont wanna be copped and then find out you all still think im yellow because that would be a major downer for me the next day.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
ugh...not really good from my POV but at least now i have a small chance of being a townie. well, progress is progress.

also, just to point out something that disturbes. me.

the COP claim. it just hurts for me now because theres no easy way out for me. look at it like this. the cop claimed his role when there was still a red scum left in the game. when he was questioned about the people he investigated, he gave 2 dead people and 1 person who he was pretty sure was a townie. i can understand doing it if they had waited untill the mass claim but still he pretty much just staked his life on the idea that we were totally going to get a red scum today. but there really wasnt a huge consensus at first as to "because X died, Y must be the last red scum". if we hammered the day before and got things pretty much understood i could understand. so what were you doing? my two ideas? you are either yellow scum with unknown as of now and the real cop is hoping the mafia kills you so that a huge fiasco goes down or you really are totally confident and have another card up your sleeve. if you do, i would appreciate it now because i could use some support.
I really fid your reasoning to be completely dumb. I gave my reasons for why I investigated those I selected. You obviously didnt bother to read them.

also, i have a weird question that i should know by now. if a cop checks a yellow, does he show us as yellow scum or just a townie because he isnt red? if by some freak chance the cop and i survive, i would totally appreciate being copped tonigh, and i want to make sure that if he checks me i can be totally without suspicion. i jusst dont wanna be copped and then find out you all still think im yellow because that would be a major downer for me the next day.
If I hot a yellow goon, i am told they are town.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Ori how bout this.

We swap to JTB for toDay.

If Zen is wrong he proxies his vote to you for the next day.

That way we still swing a Benjy lynch.

Or you have a way for this to work out ?

I have a feeling Zen isn't going to be convinced to swap to Benjy and we can't get a Benjy lynch.
BTW zen this is just the wrong way to hard-body town into a possible mis-lynch.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo when you look at Benjy's case on you, do you see reaching / flailing scum or newbie under pressure ?

Cuz i looked at it again but really I just can't see Benjy being town, I think no matter what Benjy flips we go for JTB / Vinyl tomorrow.
I see flailing scum just trying to get any lynch other than his own.
@orbo - as far as my read on Hipstersister i was fairly convinced that she was a scum at the begining of the game. as the game progressed, it kinda subsided. i dont know if she just got her act together or if she started hiding it better. that read is kinda fuzzy right now. im more focused on not dying right now but im going to look into her replacement if i survive the day.

also, your rebuttal to my post was kinda short. i know you were late for work but i would appreciate it if you would go into more depth as to why its wrong. just saying that life kept you too busy isnt really a good answer and usually people say when they wont be able to post for a while. could you just fill it out a little bit, or at least the parts you found to be the most off?
Why round out my response when your entire case on me was "orbo's lurking, must be scum." Nothing I have done has scum intent behind it.
as far as hipster is concerned, can you show me what made you suspicious of her?

Ori how bout this.

We swap to JTB for toDay.

If Zen is wrong he proxies his vote to you for the next day.

That way we still swing a Benjy lynch.

Or you have a way for this to work out ?

I have a feeling Zen isn't going to be convinced to swap to Benjy and we can't get a Benjy lynch.
BTW zen this is just the wrong way to hard-body town into a possible mis-lynch.
we can get benjy lynched today. I'm planning on voting for him, just want to get things squared away before doing so.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Time to throw this flavour wrench out there:

Hey so, this may be just a little thing, but flavour wise , TEC is a super computer in the X-Naut Fortress.

His boss is Grodus.
mario wiki wrt TTYD said:
The heroes explore through the lair and discover TEC, who barely survived Grodus's order to purge his databanks. He recognizes Mario and tells him to rescue the Princess, activating an emergency transporter. The transporter teleports everyone into a previously inaccessible room in the Rogueport Sewers.
TEC helps mario towards the end. also, my character is initially an enemy of mario as well but ends up helping him. don't rely on flavor

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
ok well i really hate to do this but its kill or be killed at this point. i really dont think JTB is mafia but i will trustt Zen's judgement despite my own. then again, all of my reads minus badwolf have been wrong so far so it probably time i stop putting my feet in my mouth as fast as possible.

ugh. i hate this.

unvote. Vote: JTB

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
wait...you don't think jtb is mafia but still voting jtb because you're going to trust Zen's judgement?

You thought hipster was scum at the beginning and then got fuzzy and planned to read into her replacement if you survived...You realize her replacement was Zen? Who...you're now going to trust?...

We have until the 13th...how about you go and do the reading up on hipster replacement a.k.a. zen now?

Also, earlier specifically the page before this you said if you didn't think Homeslice was so town then you'd wall JTB...but you're voting JTB now and you haven't walled him or w.e.

here this post
omg u quoted my first post? lol that was just me being stupid. also, i can remember wondering when i posted that if it would get used against me. i figured i would just go with it because theres no way this game could get that intense. lol facepalm....

@JTB - wow really? "who cares if hes at L-1". thats kind of really scummy sounding. if it wasnt for the fact that homeslice was so townie i would probably try to wall you right now. if im going to get lynched, i at least want some reasoning behind it of your own...
Is your reason to vote for JTB just so you don't die and because Zen wants to get rid of JTB now?? XD

You have until the 13th~

Also JTB: what do you think about Benjy voting for you even though he thought the person you replaced was town.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Just saying if the lynch choice is between you and someone else, it's usually the most pro-town thing to go for the somebody else since you know that you are town but could be wrong about the other person.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
the thing is, the lynch isn't between benjamin and someone else. you were the only one voting me and it comes from a post you misconstrued as fake. you don't even care to make a case, you're coming off as just hot air and the fact that you are using AtE (1314) just makes you look less legitimate.

Benjis vote on me is disgusting and you know it. He votes me to appeal to you instead of pushing Orboknown. He's scrambling and should be lynched

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
true, i dont think that JTB is scum. but at this point i dont trust my own judgement because ive been wrong on about 80% of my reads. if i vote JTB, i am wither hoping that there will be a tie and neither of us will die because i belive that we are both townies, or if he does die there is always the chance that he isnt. besides, im in survival mode right now. this is my best chance of staying alive, as much as i dont like it. i honestly dont trust Ramen that much, but its the only thing i can really act on as of now. if i think i can nail another scum better, i will totally change my vote.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I get that you're in survival mode because you don't want to die obviously and so you're picking JTB because ramen is the one who wants to vote JTB and earlier rake said "We swap to JTB for today". He also then said if JTB flips town they're going after you next day...

I get you're trying to stay alive by any means possible that's fine but...don't vote someone you don't think is scum. If you don't trust Ramen then you should actually be looking into someone who is scum and bringing up points.

Oh also, you said you hope to even make it a tie and have no one die. That's not happening though today someone will definitely get their head cut off. We just need to make sure we don't get the wrong person =/

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@ Ramen : Why should I vote JTB? aside from you rlly think he's scum. I want you to go and find where he is being scummy. If you did already do it again kthnx

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Because I'm right like 87% of the time.
but wait....there's...8 people alive...so 3 scum and 5 town. If we lynch JTB and he isn't scum then we'd be at 3 scum and 4 town..then at night if they get another town we'd be at 3 scum and 3 town....wouldn't that make town lose? O_O

Orboknown

Smash Hero
ok well i really hate to do this but its kill or be killed at this point. i really dont think JTB is mafia but i will trustt Zen's judgement despite my own. then again, all of my reads minus badwolf have been wrong so far so it probably time i stop putting my feet in my mouth as fast as possible.

ugh. i hate this.

unvote. Vote: JTB
You're scrambling and throwing out AtE.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
zen, seriously why aren't you voting benjamin yet, he's trying to discredit an un-CC'd cop in an OPEN SETUP

stop being so dense

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Vote Count

2. Vinyl.
3. Ori_bro
4. Orboknown (1) - mightbebenjamin
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin (3) - Rake, Vinyl., Ori_bro
8.Lolilovesrain
10. Ramen King
13. JTB (1) - Ramen King