• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
exactly. it helped that kary wasnt sticking to me like hot glue
his jump off me also really helped me , cuz it allowed me to swing like he didnt have much drive and was tunnelling me to tunnel

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
sad part is i actually did some of pre-game before reading my pm XD
Yeah, but you were using that as a shield agaisnt Clover's suspicion of you.

I asked questions better than before too ;), in my other newbie i tried to throw questions out to look like i was seeing all the angles, here i used questions like a barrier i guess
This, exactly this.
Most people read it as town though. It's tough to get people to look past that.

FullMetalLynch

but questions can be helpful, you have to admit, sometimes a good question can open your eyes. I am pretty sure I also never gave a reads list till explicitly asked to lol, i think i may have used questions and my small tunnels to call peoples actions scummy without actually committing to it

FullMetalLynch

after i read my pm in this game i tried to mimic my town play from breaking bad, but it was legit hard to do. I did a lot wrong , luckily it was close enough for Zen to buddy me on

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Rake, most of what you did was ask a lot of questions; I couldn't see you actually trying to hunt scum. There was no train of thought, just a lot of 'maybe this'.

I could talk about this game til the cows come home.

@Vinyl It might not even be a scumtell ;)
stuff like claiming when being pressured, though... that is hella suspect.

FullMetalLynch

Kary, one day me , you and orbo have got to be a tri-head scum team and I think i would enjoy being scum with either of you.

that goes for playing another game with any of the players in this game. The flavour was awesome and it stayed pretty active until late into it.

Great job by Swords with modding as well

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Rake maybe, bro. I guess most people read you as town so that could work. I don't know, my scum play is... fledgling let's say.

This game;
I think bottom line I'm happy with my reads, and sad that town didn't listen, whether that's my fault or theirs. It was fun though.

Get in some more games, people :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sorry I didn't make a big impact swords, everytime I started reading I got discouraged by all the walls. Then I finished d1 and found out i was reading with the wrong flips in mind :c

:phone:

FullMetalLynch

doesnt help that i wall for a living XD. Thats another thing I have to improve in is being able to cut it to a level where it gets the point across and isnt a total eyesore to read

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good stuff @Brodancer for hosting the most active Newbie game so far. JR too good.
I hope all the newbie players had fun and stick around. Just make sure to not join the games that Swiss inned. He has mental problems.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah have to agree, Rake played REALLY good and wasn't obv scum this game.

first. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE WON.

Damn I liked Kary's reads, and I'm glad I let em do his thing instead of getting into a war with him.

<3

Also I had scumfeelings on you J but I just kept you at null and was gonna hope you'd get nk'd. Honestly it would have been pretty hard to lynch you D2. I would have had to, I know it. P sure I could have lynched zen.

I'm glad I was right on hipster/vinyl. Vynil I could tell after he was trying to garner suspicion on me but couldn't. Loli was there to defend him tho. ;-;

Clover was one of those townie feeling people but that I didn't want to let go, but I did anyways! :awesome:

I'm fine with this win even if it was due to red scum killing the yellow scum. I was FINE with leaving red scum around JUST so that can happen. Ppl were like "Nk's are bad, MMMMMKAYYY?" I'm like. Nah. I'm ok with it. Without em it'd let the game stagger. And yes, red scum gave us the game. ****. THey did. We didn't even get a lynch in. ****. First day didn't count because scum j pushed it. xD

SO **** YEA. I'm reading all this and it's very interesting.

And I'm glad me and kary were bros. Next time, we should bro it up man.

ALso, my gripe. Some of you guys came in all excited and kind of replaced out one after the other. what was up with that.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH???!?!?! WHAT YOU MEAN KARY? I LISTENED TO YOUR READS.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
guys

you're wrong.

Scumtell here, #109:
anyhow.
loool

that was him backing down when I told em straight up. Also see J defending his partner? : p

ummm

Good stuff ori as cop. :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How's my play though, ran?
Wasn't townie. You were trying hard to agree with Zen's crap scumread on me because you had to. It was un-natural, and I could see that. As town you'd just present your feelings and be on your way, in the way I can see with my own mind. I think you and I react in the same way or something.

You were just overall weird.

And I'm talkin from the pov from before I was nk'd, I didn't read much after that. I don't got much tips for you as scum. Just make sure you try to get legit scummy stuff, and not just try to make someone look scummy...

;o And you gotta be decisive, not just "I dunno" and be on the fence.

I could also tell the reason why you were turning on me was because Zen was starting to put the heat on me. So to me it was opportunistic.

anyways. Don't take this offensively. This is just real talk. You are improving though. You just are easy to read because you still have a weak foundation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
sup ran?

play more so we can be bros again dawg

YO nothin much man. Chillin. :cool:

Yeah deff, sometime. :bee: But I'd have to make sure I got the time. ;D

but we deff gotta bro it up, like in Epic Rap Battles

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
OH YEAH. ONE MORE THING.

ORBO. Next time don't even start with that "yeah rake is doing his thing, he's town" thing.

He was town to you because you wanted him to be town. And I can understand why. Just make sure you aren't letting your bro's be a townread cuz you want them to be.

I mean I'd let my bros be around for a while and then look at them afterwords.

just read Epic Rap battles haha

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fair enough for d3.

But after you died, I don't think people would have remembered. There's a reason scum kill. (To make townies forget what they should be doing) Also consider the townies left over try to shoulder the responsibility and may just get it wrong instead of just listening to the reads of the dead players.

brofist: Kary

Orboknown

Smash Hero
OH YEAH. ONE MORE THING.

ORBO. Next time don't even start with that "yeah rake is doing his thing, he's town" thing.

He was town to you because you wanted him to be town. And I can understand why. Just make sure you aren't letting your bro's be a townread cuz you want them to be.

I mean I'd let my bros be around for a while and then look at them afterwords.

just read Epic Rap battles haha
Aight thanks ran.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Fair enough for d3.

But after you died, I don't think people would have remembered. There's a reason scum kill. (To make townies forget what they should be doing) Also consider the townies left over try to shoulder the responsibility and may just get it wrong instead of just listening to the reads of the dead players.

brofist: Kary
??????????

????????????????????????????????????????????

lol

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Scum kill because it puts them closer to their win condition, but killing someone to confuse the hell out of Town would be an added bonus.

i.e. Someone who was pretty scummy flipping Town, or something? Or maybe killing a Town head honcho would make the sheep look for a new shepherd?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
??????????

????????????????????????????????????????????

lol
err well not always but I meant like in the case of killing a townie that had it right I guess.

I should clarify.

I meant to say that is ONE of the reasons that scum kill. :awesome:

Top Bottom