• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
You have to admit they are both pretty bad though.

I could have also used "trust is like gold right now " thing but I felt that wouldn't get the point across as well.

I really want to see what Benjy says in the rest of his wall now. The anticipation is killing me.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Totally off topic question:

There is a light bulb on top of one of my posts.

What does it mean and how did it get there ?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
ugh

crashboards all night

be here tomorrow

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
....After clover and kary flipped town I don't even know anymore >_> It really didn't help with how kary was playing cuz it seemed so scummy but he was town. So now everyone I thought was town I now have to relook over >_<

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well look at that.

Clover was town.

Gee all that pressure looks pretty useless now.
ikr? I think clover was playing dumb-town the entire game then :L

Even though Kary flipped town here is why I moved to hammer:

I was voting him before and you can see that all Kary really does is ignore and generally not even respond to the things I said and questioned wrt his slot.

He pretty well tunnelled me until questions came up and people started to move away, then As i recall he got called on it and a few posts later was stating he never should have left.

He`s been insulting players all over the place. (Not really scummy I guess but not helping town at all).

So with that it just seems like he`s trying to pull apart town by calling me or Zen retarted with our reads or ideas or whatever.

He calls my case and thoughts on Benjy gross and reachy but has no trouble applying that same logic to not only Vinyl. but in his own words IIRC `half of this game`s players` I`ll find that quote later.

I`m actually still hell bent on Benjy and I really want a response now because he was pushing Clover for such a long period of time.
I get your point on Kary, I was beginning to feel the same way about him sadly :( But yeah that mislynch was still not good.

Does Clover's town flip make you more or less sure of BenjyScum and which faction if he has become more likely ?
Clover's flip of town fuels my wanting of lynching Benji.

This is how I feel everything needs to go down.
- Benji > Orbo not sure what to do after that.

Totally off topic question:

There is a light bulb on top of one of my posts.

What does it mean and how did it get there ?
You clicked the icon when your in the reply to topic page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright town I think its time we get to the bottom of this and win. If we get the remaining Mafia member toDay we have what can basically be considered a free ride into winning this game. The cop is still alive, which is what is going to be our key to success.

What I am about to do, i going to make this game much more interesting. I need you all to trust me.

EMPHASIS FOR DRAMATIC REASONS

I am here to make my claim as the Cop. We need to get the Mafia toDay and win this.

Here are my little bit of notes I've kept to keep track of stuff.

[COLLAPSE="Player Info based on Accusations"]
1. Bad Wolf - Mafia
2. Vinyl. -
3. Ori_bro - Cop
4. Orbo -
5. Rake - not Mafia could be goon
6. Benji -
7. Clover - Town
8. LoliLovesRain -
9. Kary - Town
10. JTB -
11. J - Goon
12. Ran - Town

Underlined means people I (and VitaminC) have looked into.
[/COLLAPSE]

Benji is the biggest target toDay. I can be near damn sure he is a mafia or goon.

I think Vinyl and Orbo need to be addressed as well. JTB, I wanna know where you are at man. I have absolutely no reads on you. I have you as null since I have no clue which side you are leaning on.

If we don't get the mafia today. I think our chances of winning slip to very low.

So yeah, lets start off with this correctly!

VOTE: Benji

Also,
- If Benji flips Town, Orbo or Vinyl needs to be next.
- If Benji flips Goon, Orbo or Vinyl is the remaining Mafia.

If either of these situations happen, I am dead come Day 5. This claim is that risky :I

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

ikr? I think clover was playing dumb-town the entire game then :L

I am here to make my claim as the Cop. We need to get the Mafia toDay and win this.

Here are my little bit of notes I've kept to keep track of stuff.

[COLLAPSE="Player Info based on Accusations"]
1. Bad Wolf - Mafia
2. Vinyl. -
3. Ori_bro - Cop
4. Orbo -
5. Rake - not Mafia could be goon
6. Benji -
7. Clover - Town
8. LoliLovesRain -
9. Kary - Town
10. JTB -
11. J - Goon
12. Ran - Town

Underlined means people I (and VitaminC) have looked into.
[/COLLAPSE]

Benji is the biggest target toDay. I can be near damn sure he is a mafia or goon.

So yeah, lets start off with this correctly!

VOTE: Benji

Also,
- If Benji flips Town, Orbo or Vinyl needs to be next.
- If Benji flips Goon, Orbo or Vinyl is the remaining Mafia.

If either of these situations happen, I am dead come Day 5. This claim is that risky :I
I want the order of these cops before I'll buy this claim.

The SPECIFIC ORDER.

For example:

N1 : VitamenC copped Rake
N2: VC/ Ori copped Kary
N3: Ori copped Clover

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Ori_Bro:

I'm assuming that you've read / caught up on the game so do you mind giving a full reads list at this point ?

For the scum just order it something like :

Benjy - Last red scum

Whoever your top three contestants are for the last 2 yellow slots

Whoever are your town-bros

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Alright Until Ori gets here and does those 2 things here is whats going to happen:

1) UNVOTE.
Reason - If this benjy suspicion is accurate he might try to quick hammer to get another night-phase

2) Only 2 votes can be on Benjy at any one time , if one person is the 3rd , another must leave.
Reason - Whoever scum is can quick hammer the fourth vote

3) If any person hammers Benjy before the rest of his case is up you will be tomorrow's lynch target.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

^ all of the above was me herp a derring and thinking it took 4 to lynch

therefore: VOTE: Benjy

Edit on my above post:

Benjy needs 2 more votes to be lynched , therefore only one more person can apply pressure and realistically IMO we should keep it at 3 votes until Benjy gets here.

Also:

4) Even though the last Newbie game was different, It is too dangerous to leave 4 votes on Bejy and have a non-scummy person who is catching up see my appeal for pressure and hammer Benjy before he can defend himself.

Plus if one of non-caught up people happens to be red-scum they could try to swing this tatctic.

@People Not Voting Benjy and especiallyOrbo / JTB: There are 3 votes on Benjy with 5 needed to lynch as of this post

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

....After clover and kary flipped town I don't even know anymore >_> It really didn't help with how kary was playing cuz it seemed so scummy but he was town. So now everyone I thought was town I now have to relook over >_<
Ori just claimed cop.

If you had to pick one 2 people to be either red or yellow alignment, who would they be.

Does Ori's claim change your read on that slot : Why / why not.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

2. Vinyl.
3. Ori_bro
4. Orboknown
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin (3) - Rake, Vinyl., Ori_bro
8.Lolilovesrain
10. Ramen King
13. JTB

Not voting: Orboknown, mightbebenjamin, Lolilovesrain, Ramen King, JTB

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Even though Kary flipped town here is why I moved to hammer:

I was voting him before and you can see that all Kary really does is ignore and generally not even respond to the things I said and questioned wrt his slot.

He pretty well tunnelled me until questions came up and people started to move away, then As i recall he got called on it and a few posts later was stating he never should have left.

He`s been insulting players all over the place. (Not really scummy I guess but not helping town at all).

So with that it just seems like he`s trying to pull apart town by calling me or Zen retarted with our reads or ideas or whatever.

He calls my case and thoughts on Benjy gross and reachy but has no trouble applying that same logic to not only Vinyl. but in his own words IIRC `half of this game`s players` I`ll find that quote later.

I`m actually still hell bent on Benjy and I really want a response now because he was pushing Clover for such a long period of time.
Not to mention the fact that he out right stated he wanted Clover dead.

But that's a null-tell considering Red-scum could easily have killed Clover to make Benjy look guilty, especially after the first part of that wall was exceptionally unspectacular in places.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

This.

Zen, JTB, and Ori.

Zen is Town
JTB is nulltown
Ori nulltown
1) Agree
2) Total null for me with a very small town lean
3) Until Ori responds to my questions and proves cop- VeryDumbGambiting Town or Crazy@ss Red Scum. Although realistically I don't see Ori being such crazy / bad scum as to try this at this point in the game.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
He's probably telling the truth but I also want to know who he/vitamin c copped because obviously they didnt find red but couldnt we narrow it down to get the red guy? =/ there's two yellow and one red...dont we just need to get one more dead?

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
ugh well there goes the game for me. to tell you the truth, i had both of them pegged as evil. heres what i was going to post before the night.

if i could lynch any three people they would be
1. Clover - red scum
2. Kary - yellow scum
3. Ori_bro - yellow scum

those were my reads right there. i did not like the way that kary was posting as i stated before with all of the aggression and when Ori saved his life i was sure that they were yellow scum buddies. turns out that was wrong. i posted my wall on clover before and i figured he killed J so he could off me. that was wrong too.

basically, im back at square one for my reads with 3 votes stacked against me. i have to reboot all of my reads now because a lot of what i thought was based on 3 assumptions and at least 2 of them are wrong.

the best reason i can give you to not lynch me right now is this. i campaigned against clover to get him killed and i took a lot of flack yesterday for the things i posted. i was public enemy number 2. now that kary is dead, everybody is probably going to focus me today. so think. if i was red scum, why would i kill one of the people i told everybody i thought was red scum? that does three things.

1. everybody now assumes that all of my reads are wrong so if i get another theory on who could be scum, it is immediatly discredited

2. clover was also under a good bit of suspicion. by killing him, it leaves me standing in the spotlight.

3. by killing the person i said i wanted dead, im basically doing what i thought kary was doing. i would be trying to be so obvious that i couldnt be that dumb. based on how you all read so deeply into these posts, that really doesnt work.

i have told you all before that i play this game by keeping my head down and concentrating on who im sure is good and trying to follow them. i dont like being in the spotlight. i dont do well under pressure.

also, on a final not, clove was the last person in this game that i knew in real life. it is now 10 times harder for me to read people. killing him would really be a bad idea if i was red scum because if i was red scum i know that he would flip town or yellow and that would not only show everybody i was wrong but it would make it harder for me to make good pushes against other players because i dont know them. keeping clover alive would be good for me, even though he did vote me.

and now for the bad idea. if i was red scum then i would have killed loli. killing an ali is usually a good idea around this time because it makes you look innocent. also, her flipping town would help me create an argument that i was town to because i still think we play about the same minus her making a munch of really bad and suspicious posts. also, i may have killed off a player who is not very active because it helps get rid of the idea that people who dont post alot are just trying to keep their head down so that they dont get suspected.

i know you are supposed to not tell people everything that you think but right now i feel its the best option for not getting killed.

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
edit to top post

all 3 of my reads are wrong. since ori is claiming cop, he probably investigated Kary and thats why he tied the vote. i can see that now. so im at square 1 with 3 bad reads, 3 votes against me, and its a wonderful way to start the day.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

edit to top post

all 3 of my reads are wrong. since ori is claiming cop, he probably investigated Kary and thats why he tied the vote. i can see that now. so im at square 1 with 3 bad reads, 3 votes against me, and its a wonderful way to start the day.
Until Ori_ gets back and answers my stuff, Give me your thoughts on the replacements in this game.

I.E : Zen / Ori / JTB

Whenever you get time.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
If there's no cc, there's no reason not to believe him.

Man I just really wanted to do the no lynch thing. This wont work now that Ori has claimed because it would be in red mafia's best interest to deviate and just night kill Ori instead.

I think I'd like to go Orbo today. At least Benjy has been contributing where as Orbo has done nothing. By the way Ori, I'm pretty sure town has this game even if we don't hit red today. Red scum would still have to live at least two more days.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If there's no cc, there's no reason not to believe him.

Man I just really wanted to do the no lynch thing. This wont work now that Ori has claimed because it would be in red mafia's best interest to deviate and just night kill Ori instead.

I think I'd like to go Orbo today. At least Benjy has been contributing where as Orbo has done nothing. By the way Ori, I'm pretty sure town has this game even if we don't hit red today. Red scum would still have to live at least two more days.
Except for the part where one of the two people who haven't posted much (Orbo / JTB) could cc but be blocked because we lynch Benjy / or the real cop.

I'm not saying that Ori is scum but I'm not going to buy the claim until he answers my questions and it should be very obvious why I asked them.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Rake this is how the night phase has gone

N1: VC tattled on Kary got Not Mafia
N2: I tattled on Rake got Not Mafia
N3: I tattled on Clover got Not Mafia

here are my current reads
1. Bad Wolf - Mafia
2. Vinyl. - GOON/MAFIA
3. Ori_bro - Cop
4. Orbo - GOON/MAFIA
5. Rake - TOWN or GOON i can't get goons during the night
6. Benji - GOON/MAFIA
7. Clover - Town
8. LoliLovesRain - Town
9. Kary - Town
10. JTB - GOON/TOWN
11. J - Goon
12. Ran - Town

:phone:

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
He's probably telling the truth but I also want to know who he/vitamin c copped because obviously they didnt find red but couldnt we narrow it down to get the red guy? =/ there's two yellow and one red...dont we just need to get one more dead?
We have to lynch the last red scum and both remaining yellow scum to win. So if we lynch right for the remaining of the game wont be over until Day 6.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Rake wanted my reads, I gave them. Everyone I investigated during the night was in my radar of scum like behavior. I haven't seen much of anything out of JTB and I have yet to believe any of your plays thus far constitute scum as well. I guess I could look into you guys I can't do that till we reach a verdict toDay.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Alright Ori good enough.

Those cops align nicely.

It's too bad you WIFOM'd to Clover last night then due to his lynch.

I'm going to assume Townie PR's like Cop always go through first

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
im kinda annoyed with replacements because they replaced people i knew and could read. this is what i had on them before the replacements.

1. Hipster - played a little odd. maybe she was just getting into the game and was settling. i had a yellos scum read at first but that was gone by the time she got replaced

2. Homeslice - since theres no harm in saying that now, she was my girlfriend. i know her well enough to know that she was playing herself. she wasnt off at all and i would be willing to stick my neck out for her.

3. Vitamin C - i didnt have a good read. i will just say that.

replacements

Homeslice to JTB - still willing to stick up for him because of homeslice. hasnt posted much. would like some reads. i would say dont lynch him if we pick an innactive person. would keep up the town's numbers.

Hipster to Ramen King - i didnt have doubts of her innocence when she was replaced and ramen has stayed pretty clean so far. would like to see more reads. most likely town.

Vitamin C to Zen - yeah i still got nothing there.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I mean like you have us as possible goon. So you have consideration of us being scum, but what makes you think goon over red maf?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

There are only really 3 things I really want / could go for toDay

1) More from Benjy
2) Pressure on JTB (a lot of people are up in the air with this slot it seems
3) Pressure / possibly lynch Orbo
*this option I like least because I know he wouldn't be V/LA without a reason , but the fact is his inactivity does hurt town I suppose. *

What do you think Ori ? Should we stick to Benjy pressure ?

What have his new posts done to your read on him ?

Is Orbo an option for you toDay ?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
NP Rake I'm willing to risk it for a secured win toDay. Also, since trhe Kary lynch flopped, I wanted to look into Clover because
1. I had in in my radar of scum
2. You actually asked the cop to investigate him or Orbo? I believe.

im kinda annoyed with replacements because they replaced people i knew and could read. this is what i had on them before the replacements.

1. Hipster - played a little odd. maybe she was just getting into the game and was settling. i had a yellos scum read at first but that was gone by the time she got replaced

2. Homeslice - since theres no harm in saying that now, she was my girlfriend. i know her well enough to know that she was playing herself. she wasnt off at all and i would be willing to stick my neck out for her.

3. Vitamin C - i didnt have a good read. i will just say that.

replacements

Homeslice to JTB - still willing to stick up for him because of homeslice. hasnt posted much. would like some reads. i would say dont lynch him if we pick an innactive person. would keep up the town's numbers.

Hipster to Ramen King - i didnt have doubts of her innocence when she was replaced and ramen has stayed pretty clean so far. would like to see more reads. most likely town.

Vitamin C to Zen - yeah i still got nothing there.
I replaced Vitamin C silly goose.

I mean like you have us as possible goon. So you have consideration of us being scum, but what makes you think goon over red maf?
My read on JTB is mainly based around his semi lack of posting his reads. A lot of his posts have been "I'll read through in the morning and give my reads" He really hasn't given a full detailed list of reads yet iirc.

I am fairly certain you are not mafia.

Also we should go Orbo today.
I want a reason why sir. I believe Orbo or Benji is the way to go toDay though.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Rake this is how the night phase has gone

N1: VC tattled on Kary got Not Mafia
N2: I tattled on Rake got Not Mafia
N3: I tattled on Clover got Not Mafia

here are my current reads
1. Bad Wolf - Mafia
2. Vinyl. - GOON/MAFIA
3. Ori_bro - Cop
4. Orbo - GOON/MAFIA
5. Rake - TOWN or GOON i can't get goons during the night
6. Benji - GOON/MAFIA
7. Clover - Town
8. LoliLovesRain - Town
9. Kary - Town
10. JTB - GOON/TOWN
11. J - Goon
12. Ran - Town

Why did the night end so fast? Wouldn't that suggest who ever did their duty stuff were active? o.O

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Why did the night end so fast? Wouldn't that suggest who ever did their duty stuff were active? o.O
This is actually another reason why Orbo isn't really a tippy top priority for me.

It's so unlikely he's red scum because he hasn't been here during the last couple night phases IIRC, and although it's entirely possible for him to drop Swords a PM with his action and leave, I just don't see him as Red-scum , so at best were going 50/50 on Orbo and realistically I have him as null town due to his push on Badwulf. When he's been here he has been scum hunting / doing stuff so it just pushes mates with Badwulf further away for me.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
There are only really 3 things I really want / could go for toDay

1) More from Benjy
2) Pressure on JTB (a lot of people are up in the air with this slot it seems
3) Pressure / possibly lynch Orbo
*this option I like least because I know he wouldn't be V/LA without a reason , but the fact is his inactivity does hurt town I suppose. *

What do you think Ori ? Should we stick to Benjy pressure ?

What have his new posts done to your read on him ?

Is Orbo an option for you toDay ?
I like your plans of action.
• I'd like to keep the pressure on him for now, I think he is beginning to lose faith in the game so it should be easier to read him more now.
• I'm going to give them a 2nd read through soon, I find it odd he didn't know I replaced in for someone lol.
• Orbo is definitely an option if need be. But since the Night Phase ended so fast I have a feeling Orbo might not be mafia :I The remaining mafia member is definitely active enough to make a night phase last less than a full day.

JTB seems pretty town to me.
Why? Just curious? If I can't get a really distinct read on him I want to know why you can.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Its good to see that you, Rake, and Loli are on the same thought process as me right now.

Zen/JTB: what do you guys think of the possibility of Orbo being mafia in correlation to the overall speed of the night phase?

As soon as the Night Phase begins I can be damn sure I am the first to pm Sword lol.

Top Bottom