• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No.
I don't want you to re-read and dredge up more stuff. I want your opinion on Clover as of NOW.

And no. This:
2. Anomandaris_Rake - to tell you the truth i had a theory that you were a scum at first but that is dwindling. not sure anymore. you are either a townie or a VERY good scum.
Is not nearly scummy enough for you to be making a huge case out of. Benji may have suspected you all along. Get over it.

This isn't a backdoor, or a reach, or 'magic'. If anything it's an elaboration on his read.

YOU are reaching. You ARE reaching. YOU ARE REACHING.
This doesn't even make you scum. But if Benji has changed his changed/re-stated his opinion that doesn't make him scum either. Stop blowing things out of proportion.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Oh btw :

Clover : null leaning town.

Kary can you point out some of Clover's new posts in conjunction with older points / thoughts on Clover

You have seen Clover's posts avec no pressure(something you were in favour of before). What is your read on Clover ?

@Vinyl. : Input por favour ?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
uhhhh...

@Ramenking: Were you only proposing the alliance to red scum to get rid of yellow scum thing because you mentioned you did it before and how it made yellow scum appear? So were you trying to just get yellow scum to show itself!? Am i right?

@Rake: I think you asked me about clover?

- I don't like that he barely posts but so do a lot of people in this xD so it's whatever just harder to read. HOWEVER i was okay with lynching clover before because I quoted my reason for it before somewhere. Basically it was where J had kind of made me side with clover on the whole BW reasoning(iirc) and he kind of tried to shift me towards homeslice who was town to me. So i thought maybe J was trying to make me feel that clover was townie~

@Kary : Vinyl seems town to me that's just it. Nothing seems scummy about him at all...ever. Maybe I can't see it but honestly nothing.
-I already told you I didn't think rake was scum. Asking questions doesn't make someone town but the way he was talking aside from a random claim wasn't something scummy.

When I read your posts I feel like I'm reading Badwolf posting all over again o-o
It probably didn't help when you said how when you flip town blah blah blah stuff :-p

WRT benji I at first pegged him for town and the only stuff with him is what you all stated about him with the backdoor stuff but i don't rlly think that's much.

Also kary, how come you don't want him to go back and "dredge" up more stuff? He's supposed to though....

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Alright.

Clover I see you viewing still , you posting some big thing or just looking stuff over ?

Also I'll be V/LA till tomorrow

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
There's gonna be some guuuuuuuuuuud BBQ going on tomorrow...

At Burger King the apartment complex's main office. But still, this game is not going to end well if you're all being inactive. So please consider posting more into here, guys.

Clover

Smash Rookie
@Zen -
Can people please vote Kary. This is obvious haha.
I'm a bit confused as to whether you're more interested in following your original plan, if you seem so convinced that Kary is scum. Could you clarify which you're attempting to pursue now?

Also, thoughts on Benji?

@Ori -
I want to go deep into a clover look through. After all the votes on him yesterday he did absolutely nothing to defend himself, he simply just voted Kary and left with no explanation.
I feel like I already defended myself quite a bit early on in regard to many of those accusations, and I had given reasons for my Kary vote the previous time I voted for him. What specifically would you like explained?

@Ran -
Clover care to comment on my benjy thoughts ?
It's pretty substantial. To add one more to your list, in #1057, in regards to Kary,

as i said before i suspect you of being scum so im going to vote you for now because i dont know who the last red scum is.
I don't understand the necessity for this statement whatsoever. It's such obvious knowledge that it feels like he's only attempting to put up some sort of defense for his actions, but, it just doesn't work.

I also didn't like his responses to my initial accusations, just playing his choices off again as inexperience and then shifting his vote to me, a heavily targeted player. Now that the focus has shifted to Kary, his vote moves to Kary, with a threat to "be back for [me] later" to make his initial targeting seem justified, when it's really just following the crowd.

My two main suspicions right now are Kary and Benji. Leaving my vote for now, until Benji responds to that wall of yours.

Clover I see you viewing still , you posting some big thing or just looking stuff over ?
It takes me forever to get my thoughts organized and posted. Sorry for the delay.

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
Frack this page just ate my defence. time to do it again....

- my backdoor by saying that you could be a scum wasnt so much of a back door as it was sarcasm/a compliment. you are playing very well. you post a lot and you have taken a lot of fire for some ideas that you have had. you hole up well under pressure. if you are a scum, you have hidden it well enough for me to not have any reason to suspect you. i end a lot of ideas with "as of now" because my ideas do change a lot. suspicion wells up and dies down so i guess that this is a backdoor. i just dont want to end up with a minor opinion of a person that turns out to be way wrong and then gets me thrown into the limelight because i know im not good at defending myself. yes i am trying to lay low. thats what i do. whenever i talk too much i get executed so i've tried to teach myself to not saay too much.

- as bad as it sounds, option c is the right one. i made an assumption that you and rannmaru were the 2 most experienced and vocal players in the game and that since you rarely attacked/defended the same people that you probably had different roles. there are a ton of other people in this game who are great at it and are very active so it was based on an invalid assumption. sorry for that.

-as for the line i stole from you, i didnt know i did. i probably skimmed over it when you made that point because i skimmed way too much when i was first getting involved in this game. that was my bad. i did come up with that idea on my own and i didnt know \you already said it. sorry for that. i have stopped skimming though.

-qualifications for exceptionally townie imo...
they have to say everything that they ae thinking
they post enough to have had a chance to slip up and have not
they have to have something that is not bandwagon
they can bandwagon if they do it before it is a bandwagon
they need to claim townie at some point.

-was not aware that softclaiming was bad. i will rephrase that statement. since loli is under similar circumstances regarding the ability to post due to time constraints, i believe that she is a townie because i am a townie and he playstyle is similar to mine.

-i believe that Kary is trying to be such an obvious scum that we will all assume that he could not play that badly and that therefore he is playing a normal town role. to quote LOTR, the closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm. does that make sence? i see that i didnt make much before so i hope this clarifies.

-i know i said this before but here is my best resoning for not being red scum. when badwulf was under suspicion, i voted for him before it was too late. he defininently had a chance to stay alive when i cated my vote, so voting him would just be a shot in the foot. i dont think that i could have cleared him of all suspicion if i was his scum buddy, but i could have avoided all suspicion by voting a less suspected player. i have voted for mafia buddies before, but i never target them before it was too late. i know enough about this game to not do that.

-yes, i did vote Kary because i thought he was scum. true, i hoped that if he flipped scum of any kind that i would get townie points because right now trust is more valuable than gold. everybody wants to be able to say, i voted for people who turned out to be scum so you should trust me. if you are town or mafia, this helps you. plus, this goes without saying, i want the town to win and i dont think that Kary is one of us. sorry. soft claim. i am town. i dont think Kary is.

-you have stated that i dont push and so has another player so here is what it is. i will give you exactly who i would kill now if i could tomorrow. i have to go to bed now. i will finish this post later. i had enough time untill my cpu ate it so im sorry about that. gnight.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Clover : null leaning town.

Kary can you point out some of Clover's new posts in conjunction with older points / thoughts on Clover

You have seen Clover's posts avec no pressure(something you were in favour of before). What is your read on Clover ?
Also kary, how come you don't want him to go back and "dredge" up more stuff? He's supposed to though....
I don't like the way Rake brings stuff up; he always makes it really unbalanced. This makes me think he is not trying to read people, but to see if he can make them look scummy.

I feel like Clover is keeping his options open, but does actually appear to be looking for scum. Not someone I want around in late game, though. I would be ok with lynching him if other people are up for it, but I probably have bigger fish to fry. I feel like Clover is more likely scum than Benji given their interactions, but suspect they might both be town.

Guys, what does this quote sound like to you?
Sounds like a townie not wanting to get lynched, perfectly reasonable.

Now, what does YOU quoting that sound like?
Well, I find it strange that you bring this up to draw attention to Benji, but you don't offer an opinion on it yourself. This isn't the first time that you've done it, either.

@Vinyl: what did you think OVERALL of Benji's reply?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Now, what does YOU quoting that sound like
A curious question.

Well, I find it strange that you bring this up to draw attention to Benji, but you don't offer an opinion on it yourself. This isn't the first time that you've done it, either.
And what of it?

Nothing yet. He said he was gonna finish it up later, so I'll wait.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
A curious question.

And what of it?

Nothing yet. He said he was gonna finish it up later, so I'll wait.
Uh, no it isn't.

I think it's strange. You drawing attention to someone else but avoiding it yourself... it makes me think you're scummy. Capiche?

No, tell me what you think of what Benji posted. I don't need you to make up your mind for now and evermore, but I want you to tell me what you thought about the post as a whole. It is ridiculous to suggest you don't have an opinion on it because he might post something else.

Oh, and people think I'm scum :embarrass:
/that newbie game

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Uh, no it isn't.

I think it's strange. You drawing attention to someone else but avoiding it yourself... it makes me think you're scummy. Capiche?

No, tell me what you think of what Benji posted. I don't need you to make up your mind for now and evermore, but I want you to tell me what you thought about the post as a whole. It is ridiculous to suggest you don't have an opinion on it because he might post something else.
Yes it is.

How am I drawing attention and avoiding it when I only asked a question?

I don't make up minds. And he ain't going to post something else, his finishing his new defense, which said that he'll do it later.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Also, my curious question stays curious.

I want others to know what it sounds like, not only you.
I would have to await what they have to say since it's like, midnight/morning.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Gonna take a nap right now, my all-nighter is done.

Guys, please be sure to look onto Kary afterwards.
Read his past posts and give out what you think.

For now, Kary wagon is in the house.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

2. Vinyl.
3. Ori_bro
4. Orboknown
5. Rake (1) - Kary
6. mightbebenjamin (2) - Rake, ORI_bro
7. Clover
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary (4) - Zen, Vinyl., Clover, mightbebenjamin
10. Zen
13. JTB

Not voting: Orboknown, Lolilovesrain, JTB

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sorry for no posts after my big mistake wall guys. While I was gone being hoodlum like with my friends on the lake yesterday I lost power/cable/internet. I'm going to read what happened as of yesterday at like 3/4is EST.

:phone:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

It takes me forever to get my thoughts organized and posted. Sorry for the delay.
Don't bother apologizing for taking a while, some of my walls take a decent bit to get up and the DDOS attacks on MLG and smashboards are hurting posting in games everywhere. I've actually started to copy paste everything I write into notepad /open new tabs to look up quotes to make sure I don't get what I'm writing eaten. I would suggest if your going to wrtite anything longer than a paragraph to copy paste it somewhere in case this stuff keeps happening.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

. I feel like Clover is more likely scum than Benji given their interactions, but suspect they might both be town.

Sounds like a townie not wanting to get lynched, perfectly reasonable.

Now, what does YOU quoting that sound like?

Uh, no it isn't.

Kary on your scummy scale right now does it look mostly like this

ME (Rake) > Vinyl. > Clover

Would you sooner lynch Vinyl than say Clover ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i will give you exactly who i would kill now if i could tomorrow. i have to go to bed now. i will finish this post later. i had enough time untill my cpu ate it so im sorry about that. gnight.
Wait...
Wait...
Wait...

who i would kill now if i could tomorrow
whatisthisidon'teven

Kill as In Kill ?
Or Kill as In who you want to push a lynch on ?

Also does this mean your moving off Kary now ?

Oh and I'm holding you to this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Gonna take a nap right now, my all-nighter is done.

Guys, please be sure to look onto Kary afterwards.
Read his past posts and give out what you think.

For now, Kary wagon is in the house.
Thoughts on your wagon Kary ?

Oh also , of all the people on it currently , who is the scummiest / most suspicious person on it ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Loli you willing to pressure Benjy to get in here and finish up his case by moving a vote on him ?

If not: Who are you looking to put your vote on ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also @JTB: Thoughts on the Kary wagon, is this where people need to be and why ?
You stated you were doing a full read through IIRC , so who are your top 2 scum-suspects today and why ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

There's gonna be some guuuuuuuuuuud BBQ going on tomorrow...
At Burger King the apartment complex's main office. But still, this game is not going to end well if you're all being inactive. So please consider posting more into here, guys.
This game is turning into Breaking Bad Inactivity Mafia

@MOD: Has orbo responded to your prod ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If he doesn't do what he said, This just makes/proves my point (above me).
He did what he said he was going to do.

And I expect him to finish it up today.

I think you should respond to Kary's question so I'll ask it again.

@Vinyl. : Any thoughts on Benjy's defence , and what do you make of his "trust is golden line "

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake what do you want us to be looking at in the post you linked? The only part I see is him categorizing you and Clover as scum and wanting the town to lynch you both off. He also asked the cop to look at Benji. Since he was town, should we push his dying wish and go for Clover?

I'm sticking with Clover because he is scummy, I just wish everyone else would see that as well :(
Who is more scummy now that you have seen Benjy's response and another post by Clover ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Kary : Vinyl. was just lurking this thread and didn't post anything. Does this increase your suspicion ? Why / Why not.

@JTB: Your thoughts on Vinyl.

@Orbo: In no particular order:

Current Reads
Top 2 scumSpects
Thoughts On Vinyl.
Thoughts On Benjy

Whenever you get the time.

Also if Orbo gets replaced I want his replacement to address those same questions

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well I can just point them out and bold the words I think are weird, if that's what you want.Most of the defense he made is something you would have to say about, Rake.

yes i am trying to lay low. thats what i do. whenever i talk too much i get executed so i've tried to teach myself to not saay too much.

-since loli is under similar circumstances regarding the ability to post due to time constraints, i believe that she is a townie because i am a townie and he playstyle is similar to mine.

I, for one, don't think she has the same playstyle as yours. But still, tell me, how so?

-i believe that Kary is trying to be such an obvious scum that we will all assume that he could not play that badly and that therefore he is playing a normal town role. to quote LOTR, the closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm. does that make sence? i see that i didnt make much before so i hope this clarifies.

-yes, i did vote Kary because i thought he was scum. true, i hoped that if he flipped scum of any kind that i would get townie points because right now trust is more valuable than gold. everybody wants to be able to say, i voted for people who turned out to be scum so you should trust me. if you are town or mafia, this helps you.

Not entirely, but yes, that's true. But still, people will still be onto others with some or no hassle, so you have to keep going. Gaining townie points, for me, sounds a little untrue.

I think people gain more trust when they're active, answer questions, give out thoughts without others asking for it.

That's all I can think of.

plus, this goes without saying, i want the town to win and i dont think that Kary is one of us. sorry. soft claim. i am town. i dont think Kary is.

So let me get this straight, you believe he's doing obvious scum acts that will make others think he's town. Is that why you voted him?

i will give you exactly who i would kill now if i could tomorrow. i have to go to bed now.

All of my wat.

Oh wait, you're sticking with zen's plan of something?
So for my thought, he's like, out and in, I guess?
And his trust is golden line, I'm blank. Not completely sure about what I think.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@loli & Clover- One and the same. I think lynching Kary will be just as effective as the plan.
Ah. Had me a little weary when you said you wanted no lynch but then wanted to vote kary xD I'm perfectly fine with voting kary tho

Loli you willing to pressure Benjy to get in here and finish up his case by moving a vote on him ?

If not: Who are you looking to put your vote on ?
I don't want to vote for Benjy not as of right now. I want to wait a bit on him see what he says and how he reacts to things. At the moment I feel like voting for Kary is probably the best thing to do. :urg:

FOS: Benjy This is me pressuring you but not putting a vote on you.

Vote: Kary Sorry you just seem like BW all over again sooo I'm going with you.

I also still wanna check out Clover but he's going in the background of my voting for the moment.

Also, what about the others i dont know who replaced who but the very seldom writing ones? What are their views? I don't want to forget about them just because I don't see them posting much or at all.

Top Bottom