• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I want to get a look at JTB's playstyle for a while, because I've never seen him in a game that I can recall.

JTB, whenever you read this, could you describe your play-style as best you are able

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Oh yeah before i forget: Cop if you got a guilty , out it.

You will receive full town confirmation. You will be the only trust able player.

If you are the cop and someone claims your role, CC immediately they are the last red goon.

Or extremely stupid town.

Dear town: Don't be stupid.

Cop: otherwise do nothing
About that.

Cop, if you don't have a guilty, and someone comes out as a cop (and you know they are fake)

Don't stay hidden. That will LOSE us the game. This has happened before, so this is why I add this.
Yeah this is important shiz

Seriously thought town: If you are stupid and gambit a cop to try and get scum, I will personally make sure to push your lynch hardbody. Because it means two things : One cop might have to CC you. making you look scummy.

2) What are the chances you will get lucky ? Seriously don't do it
This applies today as well town-mates

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Rakes probably town

Does anyone disagree after his last post?

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Rake's #1002 could go either way, perhaps a slight town lean. Talking mechanics is in my opinion almost entirely null.

@JTB: What do you think of Vinyl's latest posts?

Clover

Smash Rookie
I'm still leaning towards Kary, at the moment, so...

Vote: Kary

My power is out due to a storm, so I'll have more up-to-date thoughts on others postedwhenever it comes back on.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So uh, is the whole playerlist v/la? Only one post all day?

Kary, I just got home and am about to sleep cuz work in 5 hours, but I looked over his posts on the last page. Most of it is null for me, but I don't like his 974 (reaction seems really faked) and his 997 (throwing alot of suspicion around without concrete reasoning).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
btw im not answering your question rake

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Most of it is null for me, but I don't like his 974 (reaction seems really faked)
And then below that post was this.

I can't even find it. Can you point it out for me, rake?
The "woooooow, really" sentence did seem to look fake, but was really a slightly surprising reaction. I DID try to find it but still, I couldn't. And that's why I made the post above me.

Rake hasn't responded to this question yet.

and his997 (throwing alot of suspicion around without concrete reasoning).
The two lines are considered as suspicion. The third line is my concern that they're still being inactive.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What benefits do you see from me answering that question?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What's your read on me right now? I'll answer your question after that

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Its a pointless question because the information given to him won't mean anything. From his PoV, I could be scum lying about my playstyle to make myself look more townie or avoiding any sort of scum meta. He's depending on me telling the truth about my playstyle when I'm not a confirmed townie, which is why its a pointless question.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm on my way home from Indiana should be back by 6 EST. I'll be available to post around the. ^_^;

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I thought of something incredibly incredible last night. This may be a bit much for a newbie game, but hopefully you all will follow. Keep in mind that this is something that will only really work in this situation we are in only in this setup. Also keep in mind that I am extremely awesome.

So basically we as town make a deal with red scum. This deal will benefit both us and the red scum while we look for yellow scum.

The deal is as town we no lynch for the rest of the game until both yellow scum are killed. In return, red scum Night kills who we as town vote for. Essentially for town this is ridding of the night kill. Since scum will be killing who we want it's as if we are lynching everyday without night kills. You see what I mean? Since town chooses the kill, it's the same as a lynch. This rids of random night kill from scum and the power red scum has from that. So basically during the day we all vote for two people to be night killed (it has to be two which I'll explain later). To do this we will use the command "Night Kill: Player name" and keep track of the votes ourselves just as the mod does with the regular votes. Once we have the majority for the first pick, we will do the same thing for the second pick. Once both are decided, we will then end the day in a no lynch. And red scum at night will kill between either of the two picks from town. The next day we will do the same and so on until we have caught both yellow scum.

Now what's in it for red scum. i.e why should they agree to this. Just as it rids of town from the night kill. It also rids of red scum from a lynch. With this deal, there is no possible way for red scum to be lynched. Since we are choosing two people for red scum to kill from he wont be outed for not killing. So say we only chose one person for red scum to kill. If he didn't kill that person at night, we would assume that person was red scum. That's why we have to choose two people so that red scum can enter this deal safely. With two people to choose from, there is no way for red scum to be corned. If he is one of the picks to be killed. He can simply choose the other person to kill. And since town revotes the next day it is also possible for him to get out of the lynch pick if he had been in it before.

So hopefully you see that this is both greatly advantageous for town and redscum. The only ones who are at disadvantage from this are yellow scum. Since they can't night kill, they pretty much have to either wait for their doom. Once we have lynchkilled both yellow scum. We will end this deal and then we can start looking for red scum.

We need to get into this fast. What does everyone think? I feel that the only people who would try and disagree to this at this point would be yellow scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
1) Kary dislikes me claiming, but he did much the same all the way back in pre-game
Woooooooooooooooooooow, seriously?

I'm gonna have to check that myself, lol.
My questionable play has not raised so many questions as you would hope. Fact

I am Darkly, Vanilla Townie. Fact
/confirm

oh well i'm town :ohwell:
Think what you want.

Claiming town vs. claiming both your name and that you're vanilla - not the same.

Don't know why this was even brought up.

It has reminded me how much I disliked that post of Rake's, though. And his 'case' on me.

Vote: Rake

@Zen's ninja:

I can taste that this is a bad idea. I've gotta dash but I'm sure I can put into words later.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I have my thoughts about that Zen but I want to see what others have to say first.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Dear Zen,

There's absolutely no way to get red scum to agree to this.

Hence, it's ridiculous.

There's no guarantee for red scum that we won't lynch them if they night kill within who we choose, so why would they do it?

Also, there's no reason why if we no lynch today that red scum won't just kill whoever they like and we'll have wasted a lynch opportunity, and likely lost a townie.

As I was saying, it's ridiculous.

Shouldn't you be scumhunting?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah I forgot about that part. If Red scum kills who we decide tonight, that is him accepting. If he doesn't we will take that as him not accepting. You dig?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Except red scum can do whatever they like, whenever? Whether going along with us or not? Surely at SOME point we'll no lynch and red scum will kill someone obvtown, thereby wasting a lynch for us, thus making your idea a really bad idea?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I'll keep track of that babe. I'll make sure we don't no lynch at a time where red scum can kill a townie and win. Red scum can't do that anyways with yellow scum around. Pros outweigh.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Red scum doesn't comply, then the deal is off. And we look for him. My plan gives us much more control of the game. And can only works in this very situation.

Kary for yellow scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Either you genuinely are dumb as a brick, or you're scum.

So let me get this straight.
If we no lynch, and let red scum decide whether or not to play along with us

WE get more control of the game?

How does this not just kill off yet another townie and gain us nothing?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Haha why would red scum not agree to this. It benefits him a ton as well. It's way less likely than you are playing it. Furthermore we are in position that if he does happen to not comply, that doesn't do much to us. Red scum should be looking for yellow scum just as much as we are. I doubt he's just going to shoot someone he thinks is town. Even if he did happen to shoot town. It's no different than pulling a mislynch with no night kill since we would have no lynched. You need to look at the numbers rather than just try to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing with me. I want to lynch you even more based on this. I proposed a fool/full proof plan in another game and scum were the only ones to disagree with me. Yellow scum's chances of winning from this are reduced bad by this.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
NO, YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR SCUM

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU

Arguing that a no lynch is better than a mislynch... well no **** sherlock

But why the **** aren't we just LYNCHING SCUM?

THERE ARE 5 TOWNIES LEFT
THERE ARE 2 YELLOW SCUM LEFT
WHAT PART OF THE 'NUMBERS' SUGGESTS PULLING A NO LYNCH
AND LETTING RED SCUM PICK WHO TO KILL
HELPS TOWN?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
We ARE picking who to kill. This gives us more opportunity than mislynching and red scum choosing a kill on his own. How could you not realize this. Red scum chooses who to kill outside off this scenario. If he happens to deviate which he wont, we are still in a better spot than not doing so.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Wait, there's 10 alive? Right. 7 town, 2 yellow, 1 red.

So yeah we could totally could kill a townie for no reason and still win.

You're arguing for a no lynch, but you want people to vote for me?
You're an imbecile.

I actually don't want to be in this game anymore. Very tempted to self-vote.

Vote: Ramen King (Zen)

May not post again.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote: kary

Zen's plan isn't as golden as he makes it out to be since Red Scum can kill whomever he pleases, but the advantage that no one has brought up is that it removes the possibility of mislynches as well as give us some information when the red scum deviates from our target.

Kary's reaction to it is absolutely disgusting though. Kary and Zen are definitely not aligned, but this plan brought forward doesn't clear Zen as town and people should keep that in mind.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'd love to.
But that's anti-town.
And when I flip town and you look like a freaking imbecile
That only gives scum an opportunity to jump on you, right?
If I was confident you were scum, not just bat**** ********, I would.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Why would it be ********? It's a newbie game, I would think it would be smart to do something like that in this game since town is probably less likely to catch on.

Top Bottom