• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
All of this.

First off what the heck are you guys doing lol. Rake is so obv town it hurts. His play is just like in Newbie 17 as opposed to his newbie 18 play. It's fairly easy for me to read him. Ran the fact that you're pushing in that direction makes me wary. I'd expect you to be able to pick up on his town tells. We aint lynchin him today. Who we are lynching is Kary. Seriously this dude has been way too aggro and his push on Rake looks so fake to me. The way he is going about the game has no scum hunt behind it but rather lynch hunt. As in he is not trying to find scum, he is just trying to lynch and it's pretty apparent.

So yeah Rake town. Kary scum. Ran scummy.

We lynch Kary today. If I die tonight make sure to go after Ran tomorrow. lame at there being no doc.

Vote: Kary
Pretty much the bolded parts, which I can acutally agree on.
As for you though, I don not think you're scummy, yet still, I feel as if you're of being out of situation. Like vapor, you're there. You're saying things which may be true and can be agreed with as well. But, people don't really look onto you as much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mmm, why didn't you say this when Kary asked you:

You're ask a lot of questions towards me, but w/e, I'll buddy with ya now.

Ran is kind of being the boss at the moment. I'm not saying that's bad though, he's an IC of course, so I expected that. Pretty town.

Vote: Clover
-----------

Also one last question in addition:

Have you ever mentioned Hipstersister? If you haven't, why haven't you? (if you have, can you quote the 3 last quotes in reference to that) What did you think of her play before she replaced out?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Mmm, why didn't you say this when Kary asked you
?

Point out to what Kary asked me.

Have you ever mentioned Hipstersister? If you haven't, why haven't you? (if you have, can you quote the 3 last quotes in reference to that) What did you think of her play before she replaced out?
I don't know if I did, but i think I didn't. I was mostly focusing on who I should vote and I was even wondering about Kary and his questions.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here is the question

So again, why didn't you say that at that time? ^

Ok. What did you think of her play though? Can you look into that for me?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why didn't I say that? It was the start of day 2, I dont think he was showing his aggro feel and Push on rake at that time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
In the time of that post.

NINJA: Yeah, that. How exactly did you get confused? :confused:

NINJA NINJA: No I'm talking about your read on me. It's different from what you said on this page.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh, that?

I was going to say it, but I didn't know how explain it exactly....

That's why I said you were being boss at the moment and I thought it was similar to what I just said. Because, like, a boss explains things, and then no one has bothered to look onto you since you're pretty reliable.

That makes sense, right?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That isn't true. People HAVE looked at me, Rake has given an IGMEOY towards me, Benji also has given some flimsy suspicion towards me, and Clover gave a slight tint of omgus towards me. Others have given their stances on me as well.

And if you say I'm reliable, then what are you getting at? Has your read changed on me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Homeslice also has given suspicion towards me, so I don't know where you are getting this from.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Not at all, It's the same read, even if it looks diferent.

I just thought about it like that in the first place, but if they have, then looks like I didn't notice. My bad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmmm.

Vote: Vynil

Loli, it's time to move towards him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Case forthcoming. I'm going to eat first tho. I'll post it later tonite.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
As for hipster, I've been looking through some of his posts (mostly the latest).

He's town, but what do you think of it exactly?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Deadline. Need votes. Vynil I will get to you later when im done.

:phone:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Oh, that?

I was going to say it, but I didn't know how explain it exactly....

That's why I said you were being boss at the moment and I thought it was similar to what I just said. Because, like, a boss explains things, and then no one has bothered to look onto you since you're pretty reliable.

That makes sense, right?
@Ran : What Vinyl said that's underlined is the only reason I don't feel like your scummy...because I'm trying to rely on someone better at this game than I am so I'm just hoping you're town. I don't rlly have a view on if you're town or not because I can't read you at all.

I actually understood what vinyl was saying T_T

Okay...
my thoughts

JTB/homeslice: I never had a problem with homeslice except the FIRST day where i thought maybe she was red *** and BW was using her niceness to hide~ but then she cleared that up

Hipster/Zen : No clue she seemed normal

Rake: Seemed like he was just trying to hunt scum honestly. Even when he pointed to me I saw why he thought my play was scummy so he seems fine.

Kary: I have NO clue...I don't like how he was playing really aggressively and then backed down off of rake....

Clover: Only because J was trying to lead me towards Homeslice and make me side with what Clover was saying made it seem iffy.

Ran: I already gave my clouded thoughts on you

Vinyl.: He just recently started posting stuff and I think he's town.

Ben: Town.

Everyone I didn't mention: I haven't seen them post enough to make a decision =/

There's only 2 yellow scum (who know each other) and 1 red scum left... (Am I allowed to break it down like that or is that stupid and not going to help me at all?)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Vynil: Is Loli's interpretation correct? Why or why not?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's pretty correct because she understands?

That's pretty much my answer there. And that Thought I gave about was from my own thoughts.
As I said though, my bad that my thought was wrong since you have been looked onto by four people, benji, rake, clover, and homeslice.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll be making the case but I want to talk about DEADLINES.

First off, you have to know that the ONLY tool for town to use to find the mafia, is lynches. This means, NOT LYNCHING, is NOT GOOD in most cases.

Some newbies go "Why not no lynch to save our numbers"

Yet this isn't a good mindset. Because at night, the death is in the hand of the mafia, not the town. This will NOT help town find scum. The only other hope they'd have would be for the cop to find scum at night, but not even the cop can help find the yellow scum here. And that's if the cop isn't found at night either. This is why lynching during the day is good.

Now then. Usually mods have it if the deadline is reached, without a majority vote, either the person with the most votes dies, or no one dies and it would go to night. Usually it is the former.

This means if town lets it get this way, there will not be a lynch. Therefore, they must scramble to get a lynch. Now how can they lock in a lynch? They must compromise.

JTB replaces Homeslice effective immediately. Thanks JTB!

Vote Count

2. Vinyl.
3. Ori_bro
4. Orboknown
5. Rake (3) - Ranmaru, Vinyl. Ori_bro

6. mightbebenjamin (1) - Clover
7. Clover (2) - Lolilovesrain, mightbebenjamin

8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary (2) - JTB, Zen
10. Zen
12. Ranmaru
13. JTB

Not voting: Orboknown, Rake, Kary
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
See the quoted voters? Those voters are the ones who have to move their votes to a compromise lynch. Especially the voters on one person, or even none.

Example, Clover isn't getting lynched today, so your vote won't do any good as deadline is tommorow. Same with Benji's, and same with Clover's vote on Benji.

Ori-bro viewed earlier, and he needs to post comments asap as to whether he'll move his vote or not.

People also need to be more active. The activity is gone down as of late, and it shows.

SO COME ON GUYS. LETS GET ORGANIZED, AND VOTE SOMEONE. TELL ME IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF COMPROMISING AND DEADLINE LYNCHES.

DEADLINE IS TOMMOROW.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also

Can you answer this?
I already had her as scum, and zen is also suspicious as well. I'll get into this later. Like I said, one of Benji/Zen should be copped.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Ran, we are lynching either you or Kary. That's what it's going to be. Either vote Kary or you can be the play. The fact that you're completely trying to swing it around to Vinyl is all kinds of gross. I'll be back tonight. The only time I really have to actually post as you've seen.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ran, we are lynching either you or Kary. That's what it's going to be. Either vote Kary or you can be the play. The fact that you're completely trying to swing it around to Vinyl is all kinds of gross. I'll be back tonight. The only time I really have to actually post as you've seen.
It's absolutely no more gross than you swooping in and trying to swing a lynch to me/Ran.
PLEASE stop being so biased in your play.

Given that you should have me as town by now, I'll give you the following options:
Orbo/Rake/Clover. Pick one.

I've been pushing Rake the best part of the Day, which no-one likes, but no-one seems to have any good alternatives. What the hell, guys.

Here's the score; I'm pretty sure VitaminC/Ori_bro, LoliLovesRain and Ranmaru are town. I'm also thinking Vinyl, Homeslice/JTB and Clover are town.
That leaves Rake, HipsterSister/Zen, Orbo and Benji.

I still really don't like Rake and I'm totally fine with him going today.
As it happens Loli doesn't seem to have strong reads on anyone, and Zen is either crazy wrong about stuff or is scum. So I'm fine pushing for a Rake lynch again.

Vote: Rake

I really don't care if he seems townie to you, I've pointed out a bunch of stuff that I really don't like about him and I can't see anyone disputing that. He smells like scum to me and I can't see a good alternative.

I would happily follow someone like Ori_bro's vote but I'm not sure they're caught up. I would totally lynch Zen right now but I don't know if that could happen. The Vinyl lynch I'm not really feeling.

Actually, screw it.
Unvote
Vote: Ramen King (Zen)

You or Rake, pick one.

:024:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Ori I saw you viewing I would really value your opinion right about now.

@Ran this better be an amazing case on Vinyl or I will not be happy.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's absolutely no more gross than you swooping in and trying to swing a lynch to me/Ran.
PLEASE stop being so biased in your play.

Given that you should have me as town by now, I'll give you the following options:
Orbo/Rake/Clover. Pick one.

I've been pushing Rake the best part of the Day, which no-one likes, but no-one seems to have any good alternatives. What the hell, guys.

Here's the score; I'm pretty sure VitaminC/Ori_bro, LoliLovesRain and Ranmaru are town. I'm also thinking Vinyl, Homeslice/JTB and Clover are town.
That leaves Rake, HipsterSister/Zen, Orbo and Benji.

I still really don't like Rake and I'm totally fine with him going today.
As it happens Loli doesn't seem to have strong reads on anyone, and Zen is either crazy wrong about stuff or is scum. So I'm fine pushing for a Rake lynch again.

Vote: Rake

I really don't care if he seems townie to you, I've pointed out a bunch of stuff that I really don't like about him and I can't see anyone disputing that. He smells like scum to me and I can't see a good alternative.

I would happily follow someone like Ori_bro's vote but I'm not sure they're caught up. I would totally lynch Zen right now but I don't know if that could happen. The Vinyl lynch I'm not really feeling.
what the flying ****?

Did you change your mind or something?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yo, Kary, do up have mixed feelings on me or something? Are you tsundere-type?

The past posts, I have seen you say the you're looking onto me, right?
That would mean that you have a scum-feel towards me, right?

Explain.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Cool. I had you as scum-lean but with you talking to Ran I'm thinking you're more town lean right now. My looking at you suggests I'm trying to read you, :smirk:

Orbo I have no real reason to save, or to think he's anything other than null. I don't want to lynch him.

:133:

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Lied.

Yet you don't even mention the cop. You can make it easier for town by lynching yellow first, and semi-clearing people as not red scum, since going the other way would make the role a bit useless. (just as a self confirmable role)
This is flat out ********. We shouldn't be looking for specifically yellow scum or specifically red scum. We just need to be looking for scum. We don't need a cop if red is lynched. The only players who have motivation to look for a single faction are the mafia factions. I am really not liking this from you.
Also, why can't we just bro it up man? How many god damn freaking times to you read me wrong?
I really don't think I'm wrong here. Your reads don't make sense to me. Like I said Rake is obv town and so is Vinyl. And now you're defending my strongest scum read. But I'm really wanting to switch to you right now. Explain to me in simple bullet points as to why Clover is scum.
Also Zen, what you think of my IC'ing this game? :3
Great n_n.

I always question people like this, don't be dumb.
You're ignoring the point of the question and not even considering how this fits Town Kary. Your points for why this fits Scum Kary are weak mechanical points. Given that both factions have lost a member, Scum Kary would SURELY be more concerned with playing it safe right now; my 'suspicious' play does not fit well with Scum Kary, nor does my lack of scumslips.
Self meta is gross and is not working here. I explained exactly why this is scum Kary.
I'm taking this as a scum tell?
At the very least CONSIDER that you've misread me.

Zen I swear you're purposefully trying to shake up this Day
I have considered it. The herp is because you constantly ask me rhetorical or loaded like questions as if I'm supposed to answer to them. It's dam annoying and you really got to stop doing that. There's a difference between questions and statements yo.

Top Bottom