• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@Kary - Rake doesn't seem scummy at all o-o He said he thought the fact that Homeslice was "wishywashy" was why he questioned her. (I think?) Pretty sure that was his reasoning. The only thing I didn't care for that he did was say he was townie when it wasn't needed. I don't like how you're playing so aggressively it kind of reminds me of how J was so set on lynching BW tho he was red scum but still J was also yellow scum.

@Ramen King - Never heard of Ember sorry?

@Orbo - Yellow font - Obviously yellow scum :-p

Orboknown

Smash Hero
quit ****ing around with that RVS type stuff loli.

@zen- i'll go look at ran some. probably gonna join you on kary.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Maybe you`ll make some hiring out those NK`s ?
slight worry at this, pregame and he already asks this question of a confirmed scum(on the NKing faction no less)

Join me and Ran on the town train then , we could make room for a Bro-ny *has no idea how to spell this
0.o makes me wary, but still read rake townlean
Oh, and Vinyl, are you town?
Kary's first time asking vinyl, specifically, if he is town. in pregame no less.
/was strolling through the thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright I've just been skimming for the most part. Holy crap you guys love your walls. I got the gist and the important stuff though.

First off what the heck are you guys doing lol. Rake is so obv town it hurts. His play is just like in Newbie 17 as opposed to his newbie 18 play. It's fairly easy for me to read him. Ran the fact that you're pushing in that direction makes me wary. I'd expect you to be able to pick up on his town tells. We aint lynchin him today. Who we are lynching is Kary. Seriously this dude has been way too aggro and his push on Rake looks so fake to me. The way he is going about the game has no scum hunt behind it but rather lynch hunt. As in he is not trying to find scum, he is just trying to lynch and it's pretty apparent.

So yeah Rake town. Kary scum. Ran scummy.

We lynch Kary today. If I die tonight make sure to go after Ran tomorrow. lame at there being no doc.

Vote: Kary
Eh? Why would you expect me to pick up his town-tells, when I haven't played with him before? Please point out how Rake's play = town.

Also, talk to me about Clover, Benji, and Vynil.

AND, talk to me about the Badwolf Wagon. You ain't gettin' away without commenting on neither of those, especially since you only have two scumreads.

Also tell me, do you prioritize looking for red scum or yellow scum today? Why?

Bold, how is this no different from any of his other games?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Alright I've just been skimming for the most part. Holy crap you guys love your walls. I got the gist and the important stuff though.

First off what the heck are you guys doing lol. Rake is so obv town it hurts. His play is just like in Newbie 17 as opposed to his newbie 18 play. It's fairly easy for me to read him. Ran the fact that you're pushing in that direction makes me wary. I'd expect you to be able to pick up on his town tells. We aint lynchin him today. Who we are lynching is Kary. Seriously this dude has been way too aggro and his push on Rake looks so fake to me. The way he is going about the game has no scum hunt behind it but rather lynch hunt. As in he is not trying to find scum, he is just trying to lynch and it's pretty apparent.

So yeah Rake town. Kary scum. Ran scummy.

We lynch Kary today. If I die tonight make sure to go after Ran tomorrow. lame at there being no doc.

Vote: Kary
Hey Zen. 3 questions: Have you misread me or are you scum? You replaced into HipsterSister's slot which was a bit suspect to begin with. Scum Kary would not be pushing so blatantly for lynches, Y/N? Why is Ran scummy outside of Rake read?

I struggle to read Zen but he's better at reading me than this, I think. Plausibly scum. I would recommend you don't take him to Lylo.

@Kary - Rake doesn't seem scummy at all o-o He said he thought the fact that Homeslice was "wishywashy" was why he questioned her. (I think?) Pretty sure that was his reasoning. The only thing I didn't care for that he did was say he was townie when it wasn't needed. I don't like how you're playing so aggressively it kind of reminds me of how J was so set on lynching BW tho he was red scum but still J was also yellow scum.
Still have Loli as town. Loli + Homeslice + Zen (even though one of them is plausibly scum) suggests to me Rake may well be town. I don't like town Rake but I can roll with that given another plausible target.

Unvote

Eh? Why would you expect me to pick up his town-tells, when I haven't played with him before? Please point out how Rake's play = town.

AND, talk to me about the Badwolf Wagon. You ain't gettin' away without commenting on neither of those, especially since you only have two scumreads.

How is Ran not town?
@Ran: 3 questions: Confidence in Rake as scum as of now? Please give me your scumpicks if they've changed? I feel like Clover/Benji is TvS, your thoughts?

I can almost guarantee I will change at least one of the stances in the above post within 24 hours. Expect this to happen; I should explain why at the time.

@everyone else: Is Vinyl town?

Clover

Smash Rookie
@Benji - I guess you won't see this for quite a while, but, a few things about your #865 and #868.

3. you are a Townie
the agression ploy could be the same as i described in point 2, only with you using it to mask your townieness. this i highly doubt since it would be unnesecary and would only draw attention to yourself.
In bold, you "highly doubt" that Kary is town, and you seem significantly more convinced of your other assumptions in regard to him. Now, your vote on me is confusing since...

my real issue here is, who would want J dead? my thought now is Clover. since J was one of the people who was totally convinced that i was town, if he were to die then my support would dwindle as well. this would leave me to be a relativly easy target to have executed during the day. if nothing else, it would be easier. this would allow the town to take out a villager since i was no longer under the wing of an experienced player.
it could just be a rookie mistake because Lord knows i have made them too.
You and I essentially have the exact same amount of online experience. Why do you keep trying to come off as so meek and in need of support? Also, J was convinced that I was town as well, at least enough for him to work towards the Badwolf wagon. But, that's not my main point. Town doesn't "take out a villager" because they're inexperienced, town attempts to lynch whoever has a high probability of being scum. If you're town, then all you have to do is explain your actions, not feel like you need to cling to someone with experience or else you'll be lynched.

Basically, you seem convinced of Kary being scum, but you choose to vote someone who has been targeted more often, especially by our other quite experienced player here, in order to gain favor. Your justification just doesn't seem sensible, to me.

im not sure if he is a townie or not but it just really raised my alert to him. i kinda suspected him before but there were others i had on the list way above him.
And, then you back off. Your statement there just sort of acts as a backdoor. So, you decide to vote for me, and then you're saying that you're not sure of your vote? I don't get it.

as for kary, your last post gives off a totally different playstle than what you have been showing recently. its a lot more passive and it reminds me a lot of what J was doing. it hasnt raised my suspicion of you as yellow scum because of that, but it does increase the chance that you are red.
You initially have Kary as most likely being scum, and, you later state that you're more positive that he's red scum, but you still don't vote him. I feel like it would be priority to get rid of reds to avoid NK's. Could you explain the logic behind all of this?

@Kary -
Loli + Homeslice + Zen (even though one of them is plausibly scum) suggests to me Rake may well be town. I don't like town Rake but I can roll with that given another plausible target.
You seem much more willing to go with the group now that suspicions are rising on you. So, after all of that against Rake, you're dropping it that easily, solely because they don't agree with you?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
JTB replaces Homeslice effective immediately. Thanks JTB!

Vote Count

2. Vinyl.
3. Ori_bro
4. Orboknown
5. Rake (3) - Ranmaru, Vinyl. Ori_bro
6. mightbebenjamin (1) - Clover
7. Clover (2) - Lolilovesrain, mightbebenjamin
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary (2) - JTB, Zen
10. Zen
12. Ranmaru
13. JTB

Not voting: Orboknown, Rake, Kary

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hello everyone!

Zen, can I sheep you today?

Benjamin, can you tell me a quick summary of the game thus far? Also, what's your favorite color?

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, so I know I said that my final decision was on Rake, but it looks llike I might be turning the table to Kary.

Ramen, so are you gonna get a case on Kary?
I mean I don't know if you did yet, since you've voted him.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay, so you did say that he was aggro on wanting everyone to vote rake. That's just what I said before, but not kind of in your...........statement, I think?

So what do you think about Kary, mostly making questions towards me?
Also, what do think when Kary asked me if I'm town?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Because you're smart enough to. At least analytic enough. There's a lack of guilt and scum intent behind his posts. It really feels to me like you and Kary are pushing him just to be pushing him.

Clover and Benj are alright for now. Vinyl is looking town.
First off what do you want me to say about the bad wolf wagon? There's nothing to comment on. Second "since you only have two scumreads". Haha what, there's only three scum alive. What do you mean since I only have two scum reads.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
EBWOP:
Doesn't matter. Scum is scum. By lynching red there will be no night kills and with yellow we increase the amount of days they have to live through to win. I don't really care which one we lynch so long as we lynch scum.

Because here he is just pushing where as ERB it was clear that he was actually looking for scum.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I have to say that I kind of want to go to ranmaru today. The comment about only have 2 scum reads is extremely weird. Might change. I gotta think about which I find more scummy out of Ran and Kary.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Hey Zen. 3 questions: Have you misread me or are you scum?
herp
You replaced into HipsterSister's slot which was a bit suspect to begin with. Scum Kary would not be pushing so blatantly for lynches, Y/N?
Haha seriously with these questions. You did the same thing in Newbie 17. Which also contained two scum factions. There could easily be two reasons for why you feel safe to play in the forefront as either of the scum factions. As red faction you know that you can't be killed since only red has the ability to kill. As yellow faction you know that if you are investigated you will appear innocent. So yes this fits scum Kary. You had one of the top post counts before you died in Newbie 17.
Why is Ran scummy outside of Rake read?
Same as you. I feel like he is trying to create reasons for a lynch rather than look for reasons for why someone is or is not scum. Like his response to me just now. It's as if he is trying to lead into reasons on me that just aren't legitimate. Such as the 2 scum read thing.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
So what do you think about Kary, mostly making questions towards me?
Also, what do think when Kary asked me if I'm town?
These lol. I don't understand how you want me to answer. I think Kary is scum as I stated.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh, and Vinyl, are you town?.
@VINYL: Do you want to be town buddies this game Y/N?

Hmm, ok.
@Vinyl, are you suspicious of anyone in this game yet?
Who would you like to see pressured?
What are you waiting on before you decide whether or not to be town buddies?

Feel free not to answer any of these :)
@Vinyl:
What do you think of the people voting for Clover right now?
What did you think was the best point in Ran's case on Clover?

Cheers
@Vinyl:
Cheers. Thoughts on Rake so far, if that's ok? Any posts stand out to you?
Otherwise I'm going to give you some room to go your own way :cool:
So what's up with you just asking me questions, Kary?
I remember asking you about being in a hydra in the signup thread Vinyl, and you said something like you were more of a lone wolf. I thought it was kinda funny, and it gave me the idea to buddy/follow you this game, both helping you out in pushing/voting people, but also paying close attention to what you say. You haven't got back to me about the buddying (which is fine), but you did say earlier that you'd like to be pressured because you're bored so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you some questions.

Short version, asking you questions helps me read you, I need to read people to find scum. Also, it's something to do, so I feel more like i'm taking part in the thread not just watching stuff happen.
I think I need Vinyl to out reads as well, or did I ask for that?
@Vinyl: two townreads and two scumreads with a little explanation for each please :)
Right enough.
@Vinyl, is it fair to say you think VitaminC is scummier than, say, Orbo (who also hasn't posted a lot?)
Here's what I'm referring to.

And he asked if I'm town 4 times, I think,

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dang, deadline is in 2 days? I'll try to do a full read tomorrow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ran: 3 questions: Confidence in Rake as scum as of now? Please give me your scumpicks if they've changed? I feel like Clover/Benji is TvS, your thoughts?

I can almost guarantee I will change at least one of the stances in the above post within 24 hours. Expect this to happen; I should explain why at the time.

@everyone else: Is Vinyl town?
Still confident as I was before. My scumpicks haven't changed. I disagree. I feel it may be possible Clover and Benji may be of different factions, yet I don't think there is a chance of TvS.

Because you're smart enough to. At least analytic enough. There's a lack of guilt and scum intent behind his posts. It really feels to me like you and Kary are pushing him just to be pushing him.

First off what do you want me to say about the bad wolf wagon? There's nothing to comment on. Second "since you only have two scumreads". Haha what, there's only three scum alive. What do you mean since I only have two scum reads.
/QUOTE]

Then you aren't seeing what I'm seeing. Simple as that. I have obviously analyzed his play already from the GET GO, and I feel it's scummy.

Talk to me about his early game play, with his question to everyone. Why would he back down like that?

Also tell me why he told Clover that my attacks on him were possible pressure, and tell me why he didn't look at my case D1 at all. (possible ignorance)

So you see, I am looking at him closely. It is you who isn't. So please look closer.

Also why is Vynil town? Same with Benji/Clover being ok for now.

Bold, this is a lie. There is plenty to comment on wrt Badwolf. His wagon steamed up FAST. Seeing as how J was yellow scum, do you think his buddies stayed off the wagon? Or do you think they followed him on? Things like that, I want you to comment on.

EBWOP:Doesn't matter. Scum is scum. By lynching red there will be no night kills and with yellow we increase the amount of days they have to live through to win. I don't really care which one we lynch so long as we lynch scum.

Because here he is just pushing where as ERB it was clear that he was actually looking for scum.
Yet you don't even mention the cop. You can make it easier for town by lynching yellow first, and semi-clearing people as not red scum, since going the other way would make the role a bit useless. (just as a self confirmable role)

Uh he was the same there. In fact he was doing the same "oh plz don't pressure this person" stick as last game. I let off the pressure to see what he would have done, or rather to 'see' what read he could get from clover.

Even so, he replaced out and came back as JK, a sad vulnerable 'oh woe is me' hydra, which was NOT his own personality. So I don't see the difference. The only difference I see is his "I'm gonna try a different approach with being anti-town" and I wanted to see how that went first. I thought he was scum in Epic Rap Battles, so I read him wrong, and am trying to proceed with caution in reading him this game.

I don't see Kary as a priority today. Rake or Clover today in my opinion.

Also, why can't we just bro it up man? How many god damn freaking times to you read me wrong?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
poop quote fail. So yeah.

Deadline soon, so we gotta get on board with a lynch.

Also Zen, what you think of my IC'ing this game? : 3

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
How are your reads so different to mine??

I have to say that I kind of want to go to ranmaru today. The comment about only have 2 scum reads is extremely weird. Might change. I gotta think about which I find more scummy out of Ran and Kary.
You saying you're not sure whether Ran or I is the play today suggests either you're convinced we're both scum, but not who is scummier (which seems like a very strong opinion), or that you're not sure about either of us, in which case why are you pushing us like this?
I am very suspicious of your push on me right now.

Haha seriously with these questions. You did the same thing in Newbie 17. Which also contained two scum factions. There could easily be two reasons for why you feel safe to play in the forefront as either of the scum factions. As red faction you know that you can't be killed since only red has the ability to kill. As yellow faction you know that if you are investigated you will appear innocent. So yes this fits scum Kary. You had one of the top post counts before you died in Newbie 17.
I always question people like this, don't be dumb.
You're ignoring the point of the question and not even considering how this fits Town Kary. Your points for why this fits Scum Kary are weak mechanical points. Given that both factions have lost a member, Scum Kary would SURELY be more concerned with playing it safe right now; my 'suspicious' play does not fit well with Scum Kary, nor does my lack of scumslips.

Same as you. I feel like he is trying to create reasons for a lynch rather than look for reasons for why someone is or is not scum. Like his response to me just now. It's as if he is trying to lead into reasons on me that just aren't legitimate. Such as the 2 scum read thing.
If this is true of anyone, I'd say it was moreso you. All you've said so far is that I'm aggressive or whatever, and that I'm scum.
I have explained my scumread on Rake pretty clearly and you're just ignoring that.

I'm taking this as a scum tell?
At the very least CONSIDER that you've misread me.

Zen I swear you're purposefully trying to shake up this Day :ohwell:

@Rake: Vote Clover if he's scum. Make yourself useful. If you come in here and attack me with some more reachy stuff I am going to be :mad:

@Ori_Bro: I'd like to hear whatever reads you may have on HipsterSister/Zen, Clover & Rake.

DEADLINE IS TOMORROW NIGHT Lynch Rake or Clover

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm gonna do this one more time so everyone can think about this.

You make it sound like Rake is definitely going to be lynched, Vinyl.
After a moment of thought, that post is stupid due to these below me:

Y O U S H O U L D V O T E R A K E

Ok for real, just see my previous post. Read Rake's post where he says 'Fact' a lot and see if that seems townie to you. Don't miss the unnecessary claim at the end. Oh, and this one's good:

He more or less argues that Benji's vote and the reason for it was really strange, and then goes on to say that voting without having a case against someone isn't a scum tell. This is more or less a contradiction because it means you're looking into something that isn't a scum tell.

I mean really, what do you know about Rake beyond that he asks loads of questions?
PLEASE VOTE RAKE
Be cool, vote for Rake :cool:

-Kary
Oh and @Benji:

VVOOOVOOTTTTEEETEEE RRRAAARAAAKKKKKKEKEEEEEE
DEADLINE IS TOMORROW NIGHT Lynch Rake or Clover
So everyone, please consider thinking about this.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
*shakes head*

1. stupid =/= scummy

2. Me saying over and over that Rake should be lynched does not mean it's going to happen.

You talking about it like it IS going to happen, rather than being something you WANT to happen struck me as suspicious, comprende?

And by his agressive feel too, he most likely seems to be pushing others to vote him.
So if rake flips town when He does get lynched, I'll be onto Kary as well.
This sounded to me like it COULD be 'I'm ok with a Rake lynch because then I get to push Kary' which I think you'll agree is scummy.
It COULD be something else like 'I think Rake is definitely going to get lynched, and if he is town I will push for a Kary lynch' but I felt like the first one was more likely.
It COULD be something else but nothing springs to mind.

So everyone, please consider thinking about this.
Say whaaaat? Fence-sitting here or am I wrong?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
2. Me saying over and over that Rake should be lynched does not mean it's going to happen.
Then why the **** are you convincing others to vote rake at such an aggro way?

And when you say I make sound like he's definitely going to get lynched to misread on thing up when read my post:

IF

IF rake flips town, I will be looking onto you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And by his agressive feel too, he most likely seems to be pushing others to vote him.
So if rake flips town when He does get lynched, I'll be onto Kary as well.

That's all I can give out.
The underlined shows a statement as if you approved of the lynch without having decided on it yet. You then show that you forgot to put in the indicator "IF", which makes sense.

Then my bad, I should've said if.

But still your post I quoted at #834 says the same.
So, this was a misunderstanding from Kary due to your own fault of forgetting to put the IF in there.

Therefore, it wasn't something for him to suspect, just something for you to clear up, which you did.

The statement you quoted has nothing to do with your confusing statement, just as much as me asking you if you would vote Rake is unrelated to you saying that he is going to get lynched.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also vynil is that most of why you will look at Kary tommorow? Is there anything else factoring into your Kary read?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
His questions towards me.

I will have to await for ramen for his explanation about it, since he did say it was strange.

Top Bottom