• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tecnique. DLX-Hit-cancel.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
great discovery, we must keep this from the lucas players. his upsmash kills at like 80. also is it only upsmash? or does it work for anything. anyway, great discovery.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Nice find, but naming it after yourself is kinda lame. It should just be linking or something

I can see this being pretty a pretty important tech

Kryptonite X

Smash Cadet
This is a basic intuitive move. Naming a basic game mechanic after someone is stupid, just like "ink-dropping".

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Isn't that just stringing combos? Or does it normally have more lag after the dash attack?

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Roff, do you really have to name it after yourself ? Isn't being acknowledged as the one who discovered it enough ?

usea

Smash Ace
All moves can be interrupted before the animation is over. If it's true that falco's dash attack can be interruped sooner than usual with an upsmash, that's still nothing extraordinary. Most fighting games have links like that. It's not a technique, and certainly doesn't need a name beyond the verbs cancel or link because that's what you're doing.

I have a feeling there is far less to this phenomenon than some believe.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
i experimented with this and found out some new and cool things.

first of all, you dont need to use a throw first, you just need to time it right.

the right timing is dashing into the person pretty much as soon as you reach the person, hitting them with the first animation of the dash attack, not the last (tried with falco so far) and it is really effective. so far ive found u can only do dash attack into up smash

fazares

Smash Apprentice
i found a new technique:i and my fellows called it the fazares hop...u tap X or Y,slightly....then press A+/-any direction....it reduce the time it usually takes to landing any airs....its quite useful for combo or doing rising n-airs...-

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
All moves can be interrupted before the animation is over. If it's true that falco's dash attack can be interruped sooner than usual with an upsmash, that's still nothing extraordinary. Most fighting games have links like that. It's not a technique, and certainly doesn't need a name beyond the verbs cancel or link because that's what you're doing.

I have a feeling there is far less to this phenomenon than some believe.
Then I guess the IASA frames on Marth's d-tilt mean nothing huh.:laugh:

This is a great find in SMASH. This type of thing doesn't happen in smash. In smash you really do have to wait for the complete animation (or very close to it) of a move to end before doing another one. Most moves have an IASA frame advantage of 3 frames at most, but Marth's d-tilt was cut short by 20 frames with it.

It may or may not be an "advanced" technique, but it's certainly something that is not prevailant in the smash series. In fact in melee, Marth's d-tilt was the only move that got a significant advantage from this feature as, like I said above, most other moves have insignificant IASA frame advantages.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I hope everyone realizes that even if you successfully name something after yourself, such as DLX-Hit-Cancel, nobody will understand what the DLX means and will not associate it with you.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeah, but some people are saying that it's useless. Maybe someone should go tell the Falco boards that Falco can end his dash attack early. And put it in the character specifics in the compiliation of advance techs. After all, Marth's IASA d-tilt is there, so why shouldn't this be.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Thank you Soth, I couldn't find that

I decided to simply comment instead :D

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
Guys, please stop arguing about the name, jesus, what does it matter what people call it or whether it is "Advanced" ?

It is established, the naming idea was silly, we don't need to talk about it any more PLEASE.

Something i'm much more interested in, has anybody found any other cancellable moves with other characters or is falcos dash to up smash the only one we can find?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
The thread creator said it's possible with anyone I think (Or at least Mario and Fox as well)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Saw the video and like Gatling combos in Guilty Gear if anything else. Good find there, DanteLink X. Also, did you test anything for Mario yet? I would like to know since he's an underrated character at the moment since I rarely see anyone using him.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
MORE THIS NEEDS TO BE MORE TESTED

ppl with brawl get on this every char every move maybe the designers actually put thought into giving traditional combos via cancels links chains etc

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If this cancel into any action on hit or not then it's just IASA frames.

If it only cancels to another attack on hit, then it's a chain cancel as in chain comboing a la traditional fighters.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
No.

attacks used in the fashion that they where created are not AT...it does not tarnish the awsome-ness of what you have discovered though. nice.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Hey guys lets fill up another page with gag posts and flames about the stupid tech name.

But seriously, any word on how this works with other characters besides Falco?

Mama

Smash Ace
Ink Drop be trippin'

Seriously though its just Falco being able to u-smash after a running attack. Nothing to "work" at all. Its like wall jumping or crawling. The question to ask is can other characters cancel their running attack into an u-smash.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
they vid was cool but what 2 moves did u link together

also does everycharacter have this, or only some. does ike have one?

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Wow that is a HORRIBLE name. Thank god you gave it a name with SIX SYLLABLES just because you have such a horrible name to begin with.

aho43

Smash Lord
"DLX-hitcancel" is just built in combos. It appears that some moves link into other moves, and one of them happens to be Falco dash attack->upsmash. This should be referred to as linking. Like, Falco dashA links to upSmash.

No offense, but DLX-hitcancel is a dumb name because it implies you can cancel all hits. Naming moves after yourself is sorta meh, and a move name should be descriptive. Hit cancel isn't even the right term. Anyone with the game, I suggest you start checking out what other moves link. There might be aerial links, who knows.

Top Bottom