• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tecnique. DLX-Hit-cancel.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Lame name but mb useful technique, no1 seems to care about name now cos they know it will be renamed.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Even though it's a lame way to choose a name, DLX Hit Cancel is a much cooler name then wavedashing, inkdropping, dashdancing, or windwaking

SiD

Smash Master
I hate you all. Really, I do.

It will have a name eventually, from people who aren't idiots. Just stfu about it.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
lol @ the fact no-one realizes this was in melee, and lol @ the fact
no-one realizes this is just IASA ._.

Kicks

Smash Rookie
lol @ the fact no-one realizes this was in melee, and lol @ the fact
no-one realizes this is just IASA ._.
If you know so much about it, explain it better. Is it for all characters? Just dash attack? Right after a throw, or forever after you throw?

What the heck is up with naming every single thing on these boards. Seems like dash attacks just have cancelable frames after the hit frame, not IASA... :psycho:

darkatma

Smash Hero
ridiculous.

Sorry, YOU don't name the technique after yourself, you earn that priveledge if you win tournies using it, like wobbles, or vidjo. Other people name it for you if you're good enough. So stop making these useless threads.

Saunic

Smash Rookie
Since I now know how it works, it really doesn't look like IASA : you can clearly see it is a cancel.

By the way, you can cancel the dash attack only if it hits the opponent, whenever it hits (that is to say during the first/on-going/last frames of the dash attack). If it really were IASA, the U-smash would get out even if the dash attack doesn't hit.

Still, I'm curious about which character can do that. I didn't manage to get something other out than the U-smash with Falco.

MRX

Smash Cadet
Looks to be a chain hit. Also looks as if can be countered as well. Hrm... I am rather interested... going to try that out today...

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
oh snap guys i just pulled off a dantelink x hit cancel

i hope i coin a technique name too mangz, tatsujinken dashing cancelling or something!

ahahahah

Okay sorry you are probably getting enough **** about this as it is, and this technique seems useful so thank you for finding this!

MRX

Smash Cadet
If there is going to be a new name for it, then it would be the "Dual Hit Cancel (technique)." Sounds better than the bloated DLX Hit Cancel. Also, where's that **** rule that techniques cannot be names after yourself?!

Sharky

Smash Master
I've heard tell that R.O.B. can dashlink after f-throwing (as I'm choosing to call this.) I haven't dashlinked with other characters, so I can't say I know the timing well or anything, so would someone here that does be willing to try this out for me? Preferably (but not necessarily) recorded? Thanks =D

SinMuffin

Smash Rookie
if this is true, i think we can just call it Hit canceling...naming it after yourself is just....i mean...seriously?

and if anything, your not canceling the hit =\
lol what about the craqwalk?

and i do agree it doesnt really seem like canceling the hit..

DashLink

Smash Rookie
OMG!! its so nice of you guys to name advance technique after me! you have my thanks!

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
doesn't matter, lets just call it the memphis chain grab hit cancel
MC dash hit cancel?
Memephis hit grab chain?
how about just the "memphischain"?
"memphis is so cool"?
"DXL > all"?
"MC > DXL"?
"wtf?"?

i think these are all viable names.

in all seriousness... we should forget the name and try and to figure out the best way to use it.

EDIT:

OH YEAH. i really just wanted to applaud SiD with this post and i forgot. SiD's honesty wtf

Niko_K

Smash Master
Couldn't they just be IASA frames on certain characters dash attacks? I'm sure this has probably been asked already but it really seems like it :p

No need to name it after yourself lmfao

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why are people even debating what to name it? It's a gatling. This is what other fighting games call it. Much like wavedashing, we should go with presedence. We're trying to show the others that Smash is as competitively viable as their games, after all.

Why make up a stupid name for something that already has a name?

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Why are people even debating what to name it? It's a gatling. This is what other fighting games call it. Much like wavedashing, we should go with presedence. We're trying to show the others that Smash is as competitively viable as their games, after all.

Why make up a stupid name for something that already has a name?
Because he's a 14-year-old ******?

And, Dante, you weren't joking when you wanted to call it "DLX Hit Cancel" you tool. Why repost and say "Haha I was joking but no seriously keep DL or DashLink cause I showed it first"? Even if it was a joke it wasn't clever so you still fail.

ANYWAYS

I'm PM'ing the thread creator of the sticky "Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries" and telling them that this is actually IASA frames or dash canceling as others have pointed out. Someone else indicated it's simply canceling hits so if it MUST be named it should be hit canceling or something similar with inherent meaning (again, as others have pointed out). Furthermore, the second video with proof shows that no throw is needed as was originally assumed by DontIStinkX (BRILLIANT STUFF RIGHT THERE EMIRITE).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
IMO, this could be the first true advanced technique. This could improve the combo game of brawl. Then again, I have only tried with Falco (successfly), and hoping this will work with characters like Marth and ROB. Great discovery.

Top Bottom