• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
like i said earlier... there is a StarBucks literally right there by the Sony and Nintendo booths.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wait for the massive crap storm of n00bs post-E3. Like people who doubt Luigi. People will literally say stuff like "mah frand tawld me Luigeee aint playable cuz hes clone a and the guy who makes teh game heegee koijma no like clones no mores." No for reals, they say it exactly like that. I should start archiving this stuff.

As for Ridley and Mega Man, I think everything confirms them as playable characters. In other words, I have developed my own super elite (anti-n00b) conspiracies with no basic logic, proof, or reasoning! It is all based on nothing short of pure madness that you all must FEAR!!! :lol:
Aww, nawww, i'm looking forward to all the- Hang on, we've already had this conversation. Too much de-ja vu for words! :dizzy:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Son, if you think this is derp you haven't seen anything. Just wait until E3 rolls around in a few weeks, this place is going to go off the rails. At least there will be new things to talk about, good luck doing it here though as the influx of people into this thread is going to bottleneck any serious discussion. This will be when the backroom groups play a pivotal role.
Yup, not that it's not already shining brighter than a lightbulb being screamed at. But it's decreased lately. Maybe the screaming halted a bit.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
When the time comes, and this place is full of n00bs... I'm ready. *loads shotgun*
:laugh:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wait for the massive crap storm of n00bs post-E3. Like people who doubt Luigi. People will literally say stuff like "mah frand tawld me Luigeee aint playable cuz hes clone a and the guy who makes teh game heegee koijma no like clones no mores." No for reals, they say it exactly like that. I should start archiving this stuff.
This. When this starts happening I wont be able to contain my snarky mockery. Fair warning for all you sensitive types who think we should be nice to the new guys.

I'm sorry, but when people come in here with IGN logic (KNUCKLES, TAILS, AND SHADOW WILL PROBABLY ALL BE IN SMASH 4 CUZ OF OLYMPIX! MASTER CHIEF AND KRATOS SHUD BE IN BECAUSE THEIR FIGHT WUD BE SO COOL! IMPA SHUD REPLACE SHEIK CUZ I WRITE EROTIC FANFICS STARRING HER AND MY GARY STU! etc, etc, etc), I simply can't control myself. I'm not sure if im terrified or excited..

:phone:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
This. When this starts happening I wont be able to contain my snarky mockery. Fair warning for all you sensitive types who think we should be nice to the new guys.

I'm sorry, but when people come in here with IGN logic (KNUCKLES, TAILS, AND SHADOW WILL PROBABLY ALL BE IN SMASH 4 CUZ OF OLYMPIX! MASTER CHIEF AND KRATOS SHUD BE IN BECAUSE THEIR FIGHT WUD BE SO COOL! IMPA SHUD REPLACE SHEIK CUZ I WRITE EROTIC FANFICS STARRING HER AND MY GARY STU! etc, etc, etc), I simply can't control myself. I'm not sure if im terrified or excited..

For me, its a little bit of both. =P

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Dark Hoots rises!

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Just coming back (well, partially) from a LONG break just to see this thread grow!
Super excited for the next SSB entry. I doubt we'll see anything at E3 though, Sakurai probably hasn't even assembled a full team yet.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Just coming back (well, partially) from a LONG break just to see this thread grow!
Super excited for the next SSB entry. I doubt we'll see anything at E3 though, Sakurai probably hasn't even assembled a full team yet.
Actually, he has. He started development in February.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm excited to see the hype begin. When it starts is the question.
Well we're all acting like we're going to get some big news, but I'd say its more likely that we'll hear nothing other than "It's still coming out!" In that case, the influx of noobs will be much smaller and they'll only stick around for a post or two. HOWEVER, I genuinely welcome a flood if ignorant chumps if it means we get a trailer or some new characters or ANYTHING of substance.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Long time lurker, first time poster here!
(An LTL FTP if you will)

I'm getting oddly nostalgic for Brawl's build-up the euphoria when Ike, Diddy, Pokemon trainer and the others were revealed. The long nights looking at the Metal Gear wiki to figure out what it was about (still confused BTW) and the epic laughing in doubter's faces when Sonic was revealed.

Personally I'm hoping for Krystal, Shulk and Mega Man on the characters front but I have to wonder about the features being added. I wonder if it's customization and if so that they pull it off better than Capcom pulled off the Gems In SFXT.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well we're all acting like we're going to get some big news, but I'd say its more likely that we'll hear nothing other than "It's still coming out!" In that case, the influx of noobs will be much smaller and they'll only stick around for a post or two. HOWEVER, I genuinely welcome a flood if ignorant chumps if it means we get a trailer or some new characters or ANYTHING of substance.

Regardless of what happens there is going to be a massive influx of new people. Think of it this way, the Nintendo games alone will spark a large amount of new discussion. Let's say the Metroid X Star Fox rumor is true, can you imagine what will ensue? Or how about if Retro Studios is working on a new ip? What if Monolith Soft shows their new Wii U project? So on and so forth. There is going to be stuff worth discussing that pertains to Super Smash Bros one way or another.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Well an important thing to remember is to not go after people who say stuff like "I want Shadow in Smash." However, the fools who say "Shadow's gonna replace Sonic" should just be ignored, laughed out privately, or taken to school my smash bros (if they are willing to listen to opposing reason).

Plus Hoots, you can always make fun of them in the Back Room. We can even store the best quotes (from the worst posts) there! ;)

vicgur

Smash Ace

Oh, boy! I can't wait to see that!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Guybrush
Don't get your hopes up too high for Shulk or Krystal, although both being playable is definitely very possible. As for Mega Man, book it. ;)

@ vicgur
Dang it, Michael Jackson stole my popcorn again! :mad:
Aww, nawww, i'm looking forward to all the- Hang on, we've already had this conversation. Too much de-ja vu for words! :dizzy:
Yes we've had this conversation, but I gotta remind y'all on a weekly basis. There will be crazies, guaranteed. I just don't want anyone to be shell shocked.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was a great analysis of the political situation in Rwanda Smooth Criminal.

Thank you for that.

It brought tears to my eyes, cheeks, and buttocks.

With those tears, I managed to revive Pichu from the dead.

Super Awesome Johnknight1

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I might make some new Smashboard accounts and attack this place with ridiculous comments to drive all of you crazy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's sum up some of the more typical "dumb comments"

1. "*Character* is just a clone of *character* so he won't be in it."
Never stopped Ken, Sakura or any of those "clones" from reappearing in Street Fighter with altered movesets.

2. "*obviously not video game character* should be in because he fights good!"
As much as I'd love to see any given character in it, this is Smash Bros, not your crossover fic! Think of all the licensing tangles

3. "Nintendo's running out of ideas" Weren't you that same guy who bashed the changes in the last game? Oh and look you left your location on your profile. Lemme rev up the chainsaw.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
Wii U will support 2 touch-screen controllers
The console has 2GB or RAM, 560MB dedicated to the OS
The launch date will be 23 November
Launch price hasn’t been decided but will be between $350 – $450
Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin’s Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft’s Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chipset
Assassin’s Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
Wii U will come with pre-installed software
Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
Wii U will support achievements
Wii U’s UI will be customizable
The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor
The trigger buttons won’t be analogue

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/22/wii-u-price-release-date-details-leaked-by-ubisoft-dev/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Great news august! Good find!!!

Now all we need to learn about is the hard drive size. Something tells me Nintendo will sell multiple hard drive sizes, much like Sony and Microsoft.

And I love the customizing part. That's awesome.

yani

Smash Lord
Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin’s Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft’s Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
Assassin’s Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/22/wii-u-price-release-date-details-leaked-by-ubisoft-dev/
Valve working on Wii-U? :love: Hype level over 9000!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Nice info though considering every nintendo console since the Wii has come with pre-instaled software, that one's not surprising. I guess it'll be pressign "Grab" to quick shiled then huh?

D

Deleted member

Valve? Does that mean TF2 will be on the Wii U? :awesome:

But seriously, Ubisoft is really cranking it out for the Wii U...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The processing power and the part about Assassin's Creed 3 being able to run in 1080p (not just i) is awesome, too! :)

That shows the power of a 8th Generation console!

@ yani
Valve has been in love with the Nintendo Wii forever. If I'm Nintendo, I try to lock up Steam (and maybe Apple) for exclusive 8th generation console rights. Business-wise that would be smart.

Also, Steam is on the PS3 (maybe the 360), so this isn't all that shocking.

Hopefully all of this Ubisoft news means we haven't seen the last of Mr. Caffeine. :grin:

yani

Smash Lord
@ yani
Valve has been in love with the Nintendo Wii forever. If I'm Nintendo, I try to lock up Steam (and maybe Apple) for exclusive 8th generation console rights. Business-wise that would be smart.

Also, Steam is on the PS3 (maybe the 360), so this isn't all that shocking.
That would be brilliant. A Nintendo/Apple team would probably take over the world :grin:

Steam is on PS3, but it's awesome to see them giving Nintendo love

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i believe the Nintendo Network was made by EA... which means you might need Origins... it's not a deal breaker per sie, but that's not a good thing...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That would be brilliant. A Nintendo/Apple team would probably take over the world :grin:

Steam is on PS3, but it's awesome to see them giving Nintendo love
Yeah, Steam is doing this to make money, too. If let's say they release the Orange Box/Portal II on the Wii U... that's a good chunk of money. Valve has also shown a lot of interest in the Wii's/Wii U's motion controllers and controls, and probably wants to see what it can do with it.

As for Nintendo/Apple, I mean like exclusive rights to Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and especially iTunes stuff. If let's say Nintendo got the rights to have iTunes on the console and had every game (or at least 1st/2nd party game) have the option to change music with what's on your iTunes/iPad/iPhone/iPod easily and simply, that would automatically attract gamers. It would also be pretty kewl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom