• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The mod thing is just fan speculation. Barring DLC from the Nintendo Network, modding might become harder for the next games. Especially since Nintendo tries everything to stop any form of modding on their systems.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well that's based off hackers/modders experience with the Wii. I doubt the Wii U will be set up much differently. Also, we have now hacked 2 smash bros. games extensively, and know how all the files are put together (they are all put together the same in every smash bros. games). Hackers/modders also now know how to hack/mod the Stage Builder, which we all know is returning in smash Wii U and 3DS. Thus, I think we will have a better grip on hacking, and we are more experienced. And since we are more experienced, we can do a lot of things easier, and know what we are doing.

However, it may be a bit more difficult to do this on the 3DS with a new system setting.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The mod thing is just fan speculation. Barring DLC from the Nintendo Network, modding might become harder for the next games. Especially since Nintendo tries everything to stop any form of modding on their systems.
Make sure your Wii isn't connected to the internet!

Problem solved.

Smooth Criminal

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The ultimate awsome thing for the game would be modder support but that would be a legal minefield. Still a man can dream... and eat... and sleep...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People still play the Wii on the internet=??? :awesome:
Also, Nintendo still updates the Wii=??? I thought they stopped after Skyward Sword! :cool:
Seriously, the Wii has been de facto dead since Skyward Sword/Xenoblade Chronicles.
:rolleyes:

Also since there are customizable features on the Wii U, we can "hide" the hacking and modded content under there. And if Nintendo likes their fans, they can stop purposely trying to stop modding (and even to an extent some hacking) that isn't used in online games. Seriously, that turned so many Brawl modders off from the Wii.

I have a few friends who sold their Wii's a few years ago because he was disappointed in Brawl, the Wii library of titles (especially of multiplayer games), and how Nintendo tried to keep stopping them from modding/hacking Brawl. They didn't even play the game in that garbage online Wifi! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Castle.

Also, Skyloft, something from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and/or 2, some stage from DKC1-3 (a ship!?!?!? K. Rool's Fortress!?!?!?), some stage from DKC Returns, another Metroid Prime stage (I'll take that over an Other M stage any day), perhaps Hyrule Castle (like inside it), Green Hill Zone (returning), and Grazni Grad.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Castle.

Also, Skyloft, something from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and/or 2, some stage from DKC1-3 (a ship!?!?!? K. Rool's Fortress!?!?!?), some stage from DKC Returns, another Metroid Prime stage (I'll take that over an Other M stage any day), perhaps Hyrule Castle (like inside it), Green Hill Zone, and Grazni Grad.
We have a lot of good stuff for stages on the Mother games.

Saturn Valley is a example.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What stages is everyone expecting to see in the next game?
Observatory or Starship Mario
New Mushroom Kingdom (NSMB series/SM3DL)
Skyloft
DKCR stage
Geothermal Power Plant
Pokemon BW/BW2 stage
A stage from Marth's games (FE11-13)
Red Canyon
Uprising stage
Patch Land
Kirby RtDL stage
Saturn Valley
WL Shake It stage

Some I'm not going to get specific on, the rest depend on newcomers.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pokemon Stadium 3/Colosseum, Returns to Dreamland stage, a stage for Luigi's Mansion 2, another Yoshi's Island(for the DS YI), and Flat Zone 3. That's what I'm expecting. Everything else is an unknown to me.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I do trust Nintendo, however, the online was awful for Brawl. It wasn't entirely Sakurai's fault, partially the Wii's and the lack of time, as he said himself. I am hoping more time and the Wii U shall provide us with the right experience.

I am not a big Halo fan, but the online for that, as I think I may have said a long time ago, was very simple to use and quick, and could be customized. A LittleBigPlanet approach would be fine as well.

Halberd might return, Mario Circuit, Smashville, Rumble Falls, Mushroomy Kingdom/Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Bridge of Eldin, Yoshi's Island, if I had to guess a few.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Yes, the Wii didn't have very good online but the Wii U will have good online finally. I will be so happy to play Sm4sh finally without lag

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Holder, the stages in Brawl that are returning that are pretty much confirmed are:

Port Town Aero Drive
New Pork City
Yoshi's Island
Rumble Falls
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Since, you know, they're the only Brawl stages from their respective series.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I still play WiFi with friends on Brawl and MKWii. Also, I looooooove playing Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion. There was a time a month ago when I thought Hoss Delgado would be beast in Smash. Just use that moveset, and you'll have the perfect third party. Or fourth. Or fifth...
Dang, that show was funny.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Every non-computer online game has lag. Heck, even Smash 64 in non-LAN matches lags about 3 frames on average.

The difference between Brawl and say SUPER Street Fighter IV online (on the PS3) is Brawl's online went at speeds as slow as 1 frame per second and as fast as 55 frames per second (from what I can tell). SUPER Street Fighter IV went at speeds as slow as 50 frames per second and as fast as 60 frames per second (again, from what I can tell).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Zelda only got one stage as well. The only ones we can know for sure(ish) are the ones that will represent Brawl if it keeps that same aspect going (which it most likely will). I suppose Pokemon Stadium 2 would be the one that is chosen, over that god awful Spear Pillar stage. It is always so awful for me when they reverse everything...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Brawl went as slow as 50 fps, there would actually still be online multiplayer-centered/online reliant/online only (as in that's all they do) community/groups/clans around, instead of none.

@ Holder
Zelda had 2 new stages in Brawl: Pirate Ship and the Bridge of Eldin (aka that trashy stage). I kinda like Pirate Ship (although the interferences are stupid), and judging by how awful the Bridge of Eldin is (and how few like that stage), I think we'll be getting Pirate Ship.

That is unless Sakurai is a troll again. Seriously, who likes Big Blue over Mute City, Yoshi's Island (Melee) over Yoshi's Story, or Yoshi's Island (64) over Peach's Castle (64) and Hyrule Castle=??? :facepalm:

Big Blue and Yoshi's Island (64) are trash stages with bad concepts gone terrible. Yoshi's Island (Melee) isn't trash, but it is somewhat poorly designed.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Zelda only got one stage as well. The only ones we can know for sure(ish) are the ones that will represent Brawl if it keeps that same aspect going (which it most likely will). I suppose Pokemon Stadium 2 would be the one that is chosen, over that god awful Spear Pillar stage. It is always so awful for me when they reverse everything...
Zelda got two. Bridge of Eldin and the Pirate Ship.

@Holder: I like Spear Pillar better...

@John: Out of those three groups of choices...

Yoshi's Story over Yoshi's Island.
Mute City over Big Blue.
Yoshi's Island 64 over Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle.

Maybe its cuz I played Melee first.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Even though I dislike Spear Pillar, I wouldn't say it's a horrible stage. Rather, it's too large for anything but say 4-6 player matches. That and the bottom area was unneeded, especially considering it was cut off from the top part of the stage. Oh, and some of the NPC Pokémon's effects make the stage lame. If Brawl had up t o6 player matches though, Spear Pillar would be a great stage for 6-way free for all's, 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 matches, and 3 vs. 3 matches. It is the perfect size, perfect blast zones, and perfect layout for that (although, again, the NPC Pokémon kinda make it too partyish; if only you could make them optional!).

But to be fair, Pokémon Stadium 2 is pretty lame, too.

One of the transformations (the electric one) makes it to where you literally fight the stage. Another one (the wind one) literally makes you have to fight in an awkward situation that most of the time ends up in forced camping or the flying/faster character dominating in the air. Another transformation (the ice one) also makes it easier to trip and makes running weird (it also makes the best characters even better). The ground transformation is pretty much amazing, though.

Also, Pokémon Stadium 2 is pretty much inferior to Pokémon Stadium 1 in every way IMHO (minus the ground transformation, which is excellent).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Spear Pillar stage sucks, I speaketh the trutheth. Some of the hazards are just too ridiculous. The only thing that isn't is Cresselia's attack, and she rarely shows up compared to the other two. Pokemon Stadium 2 isn't much better, because like John says, the transformations have WAY too much of an affect on the battle (not that I hate it all that much, I hate the conveyor belts though, ugh..)

And sorry, forgot the Pirate Ship. (I need to play Brawl more, actually, I think we should all play together sometime). Personally I enjoy both Eldin Bridge and Pirate Ship, not sure which would be picked. Hmm..

Pokemon Stadium 3 should have some steel and ghost type action. :D Psychic and dark as well if they can get ideas for it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So far we've had:
Pokémon Stadium: Rock, Water, Grass, Fire.
Pokémon Stadium 2: Ground, Ice, Flying, and Metal.
That leaves Normal, Psychic, Poison, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Dragon, and Dark.

My guess is we'll get a Dragon transformation based off of the 8th gym in Pokémon Black and White, a bug stage with some cool looking tropical forest, a dark scary stage filled with dark stuff and dark Pokémon, and a psychic stage with several portals like Sabrina's Gym in the 1st and 2nd Generation Pokémon games

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wonder which types would be in a Pokémon Stadium 3...

:phone:
I'll tell you :D

Ghost – Here, we would have a foggy setting with greyer colored everything. This feeling of intimation and well, dead. On the left we have a few headstones, with e Sableye poking his head out from the side of one of them, occasionally his ruby eyes would glint, and he would snicker. A black spiked, barred fence would be on the right. Here a frightened Litwick would occasionally look behind it, to see if anything was behind the fence. On the other side you would see a pair of glowing red eyes, and slowly, Litwick would look behind itself only to be scared by a Gengar yelling and sticking it’s tongue out.

Hazard – Fog and Swipe. Sableye will occasionally pick an item up from the stage, and throw it at the player. The fog can make it difficult to see at times.

Fighting – Matted dirt with a few patches of grass would cover the floor. Here, we would see an anciten coliseum site. Now, only pillars are left to remind the Pokemon that great and mighty fights once were duked out in this area. On the right we have a Machoke and Hitmontop battling one another. As they practice, occasionally, one will get the upperhand and whatnot. Perching on the pillars we see a Medicham, and Tyrogue meditating, trying to keep their balance, you know, out with the bad and in with the good. Fighters live by that, ya know. Lastly, A Gurrdurr would be lifting heavy fallen pillars, which he may accidentally drop on field, which would rack up damage, and of course change the layout of the field.

Hazards – Sparring pair and pillars. Pillars will pretty much KO you, and from time to time Hitmontop or Machoke will trip onto the field, which can hurt someone.

Bug – A Hustle and Bustle feel comes fromm a vibrant forest filled with some of the cutest of Pokemon. In the airspace, Butterfree, Mothim, and Shedinja flutter about together. In the center of the stage an Ariados has made herself a web. A massive one. To the right you can see a silent killer. Genesect is looking around, suspiciously. Occasionally, Pinser, Krikitune, or Ninjask will attack it, only to be swiftly defeated.

Hazards – Spinkles and Sting shot. Touching one of the flying insects will cause paralysis, sleep, or poison, so be careful. Ariados tends to string shot at times, which leaves the ground sticky. You won’t be able to jump in the stick, and will generally walk slower.

Psychic – Purple tiled floors and a darkness are felt throughout this stadium. To the right we have Alakazam effortlessly bending spoon after spoon. Beside him is a Gardevior. She is expnding, and deflating shields. The fluctuating barriers sometimes seep onto the stage, where all projectiles will bounce off their walls. To the left we have Beyheeyem looking to the sky, in hopes to connect with the ones from above. Occasionally, the Alien spacecraft will flicker lights over him, eventually he will rise into the air, and never be seen again. He is next to a prophet Pokemon. Xatu will try to foresee the winner of the battle. He takes over the scoreboard and spells out his prediction with Unknown letters. (He will use your custom name even). In the center of the stage we will have Mewtwo or Deoxys. Mewtwo will watch the battle, and comment. Snicker at someone losing, “Good” someone who is doing well ect. If it’s Deoxys, he’ll sit there and change forms, zooming around the air space.

Hazards – Sheild. Gardey can use her shield to block projectiles ect.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Oh God, too many hazards. I like my hazards to be the stage, not random Pokémanz that can kill meh (unless they are playable). Please tell me the background NPC Pokémanz and stage hazards are optional Nintendo.

@ Holder
The Bridge of Eldin has all kinds of awful glitches, and is prone to chain grab kills. Plus it is a pretty unpopular stage. Pirate Ship gets played a lot more from what I gather.

Also, Pirate Ship seems to be liked a lot more on the interwebs. Even though it is (mostly) a banned stage (I think) in Brawl tournaments and in Project M, lots of people at tournaments I know still like to play on it. The Bridge of Eldin... eh. It's just too plain, and the interferences literally force you to camp or stall all day.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
NOPE. You have to play with them or GTFO John. You pick.

Also,

Snake (Playable)
Bomberman (AT)
Castlevania (Stage)

I think this would be a cool concept.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Should we get 3rd party stuff in it if it isn't represented with a character in the roster? I am not so sure I personally like the idea. Plus it means all this extra legal stuff for little things, whereas with characters we can get the whole deal and make it worth the effort. (Of course I would imagine the less you put in the easier the legal stuff is handled, but yeah.)

I guess I do like the Pirate Ship more in terms of playing it. The only glitch I know of is the Final Smash Jigglypuff thing. XP

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Spear Pillar stage sucks, I speaketh the trutheth. Some of the hazards are just too ridiculous. The only thing that isn't is Cresselia's attack, and she rarely shows up compared to the other two.
You speaketh the subjectiveth. :smirk:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I actually speak only in objective truths. I've never in my life said anything subjective. Even as a child.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I guess I do like the Pirate Ship more in terms of playing it. The only glitch I know of is the Final Smash Jigglypuff thing. XP
Personally,I think jigglypuff´s final smash is a little ridiculous,this ballon thing looks like jiggly´s has drank Coke with mentos...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Here's my Pokemon Stadium 3:

[COLLAPSE="Pokemon Stadium Three"]
Steel
You find yourself in a steel factory, surrounded by steel walls which make it harder to KO somebody. Ocassionally, in the background, you'll see a Scissor or Magnemite just hangin' out. No real hazards here other than the walls.

Dark
You are surrounded by darkness, with only you supplying light, but a very small amount coming off your body. You'll see a Sneasel jump out and grap and oppenent or, likely, you, which causes damage and freezes you. You'll also see a couple of Chandelures hanging around. Hazards are Sneasel and the darkness.

Fighting
At first, it doesn't seem like the stage has changed, so you're like, WTF? Then, a dozen Fighting type Pokemon fall out of the sky onto the battlefield, recklessly battling each other and basically beating the snot out of you. This is the most hazardous stage on PS3.

Legendary
Now, I know Legendary isn't a type, but this is where the Legendary Pokemon come to beat you up. Giratina will do a Cresselia-esque move, Deoxus will Shadow Ball from the left of the stage, and Entei wil cause a fire pillar, but not all at once. One thing at a time. You will also see Zekrom, Suicune, The Bird Trio, and Rayquaza in the background. [/COLLAPSE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom