• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pokemon Stadium 3/Colosseum, Returns to Dreamland stage, a stage for Luigi's Mansion 2, another Yoshi's Island(for the DS YI), and Flat Zone 3. That's what I'm expecting. Everything else is an unknown to me.
Which Colosseum?

Lol, there's the Realgam Colosseum, Phenac Colosseum (well, this is only in Colosseumm, not XD), Pyrite Colosseum, Under Colosseum (this is also only in Colosseum and not in XD), and the Orre Colosseum

Her interior is indestructible and she deflates by getting a 4th dimensional stomach cavity.

And spear pillar is a decent addition I am happy to keep for a next gen game. Better to have variety of stages to choose from for that one random moment someone feels like playing it when bored of their favorite stages.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I actually speak only in objective truths. I've never in my life said anything subjective. Even as a child.
How you're able to do that is beyond me. lol

But whatever, as you can tell I disagree, Spear Pillar is a great and fun stage and is a great break from playing on competitive stages. The cameos and hazards are crazy fun, the music is amazing and the stage reaks creativity. :p

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
New social group up by me for Fossil Fighter. He's been mentioned a couple times around here, and he's DS exclusive and a sequel is allegedly being planned for 3DS. Also, this new guy rocks. Welcome, I am the Chicken Overlord, and I will be pleased to destroy recruit you to the cause of manliness. Or you can just ingnore me...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Which Colosseum?

Lol, there's the Realgam Colosseum, Phenac Colosseum (well, this is only in Colosseumm, not XD), Pyrite Colosseum, Under Colosseum (this is also only in Colosseum and not in XD), and the Orre Colosseum
Just a generic name. Like how nothing on Pokemon Stadium looks like anything IN Pokemon Stadium.

Though that made me think of something. It would be Pokemon Stadium 3. There are 3 Stadium games in Japan, so I don't see why they wouldn't.

The first had about 100 rentals, and was overall a very small game. Japan's Stadium 2 is our Stadium, and our Stadium 2 is Japan's Stadium 3.

@Cobalsh: Is it invite-only?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Metal > Chicken :smirk:

But yeah, Spear Pillar is a pretty good stage, I think it should be brought back

@Poppy- So would Pokemon Colosseum be a completely new stage or...?

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I think that N's castle from Pokemon Black and White would make a great stage. Spear Pillar another innovative stage like PokeFloats will most likely go

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Metal > Chicken :smirk:

But yeah, Spear Pillar is a pretty good stage, I think it should be brought back

@Poppy- So would Pokemon Colosseum be a completely new stage or...?
Not really. The only thing that they MIGHT do to differ it is add a slim chance of going to a Shadow Pokemon version.

Speaking of which, I think it'd be cool if, when you release a Pokemon, it has a rare chance of being a Shadow Pokemon.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon Colosseum. Loosely based on Tower Colosseum from the same game, it can change into 1 of 5 different forms roughly every 50 to 60 seconds.

Ghost Mode- Resembling an ominous graveyard. The black mist makes it harder to see the surrounding arena. Ghastly, Dusknoir, Chandelure, Drifloon, and Banette can be seen in the background.

Fire Mode- A volcanic appearance. Occasionally the volcano in the background will erupt and cause massive damage. Camerupt, Torkoal, Slugma, Magmar, and Darmanitan can be seen in the background.

Water Mode- A water park like appearance. The terrain is more slippery then normal and pumps may occasional push the players around with water. Floatzel, Jellicent, Psyduck, Marill, and Milotic can be seen in the background.

Fighting Mode- A fighting ring appearance. Its a basic stage at first, but the power of all characters is temporarily doubled. Conkeldurr, Hitmonlee, Riolu, Combusken, and Hariyama can be seen in the background.

Grass Mode- A thick jungle appearence. The terrain is very inconsistent with two levels (floor and canopy) to fight on. Bellossom, Serperior, Canivine, Shroomish, and Exeggcute can be seen in the background

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Because Shiny Pokemon don't do anything special, though that could replace the Mew-pokemon concept, and then they can have Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi actually do something interesting to the battle.

And Ditto should be put in this time around.

D

Deleted member

Instead of merely Shadow Pokemon....why not just the Shadow Lugia as an even rarer summon than Lugia? And the Shadow Lugia would be much more deadly.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
WL Shake It stage
This one intrigues me. Everything else I can agree with.

Pokemon Stadium 3/Colosseum, Returns to Dreamland stage, a stage for Luigi's Mansion 2, another Yoshi's Island(for the DS YI), and Flat Zone 3. That's what I'm expecting. Everything else is an unknown to me.
The bolded intrigue me as well.

Is there any way to displease Star with the final stage selection.
Umm maybe if there is not a lot of variety among the stages. I don't see that happening though. *shrugs*

Zelda only got one stage as well. The only ones we can know for sure(ish) are the ones that will represent Brawl if it keeps that same aspect going (which it most likely will). I suppose Pokemon Stadium 2 would be the one that is chosen, over that god awful Spear Pillar stage. It is always so awful for me when they reverse everything...
Ugh, I hate Spear Pillar as well. That stage it probably my third least liked stage in that game. The atmosphere just bugs the crap out of me, and the music does not help. I hate most of the arrangements.

Also, I am surprised no one thinks a Sin and Punishment: Star Successor stage is likely? Given the fact that a number of stages from Gamecube titles had their assets possibly ripped straight into Brawl.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It would be hilarious if SSB4 is revealed to Super Smash Bros. Universe at E3. I would roll over dying. I don't believe that rumor, but Sakurai was typically cryptic and never directly said that it was false, so there is not a ZERO percent chance for it to happen. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It would be hilarious if SSB4 is revealed to Super Smash Bros. Universe at E3. I would roll over dying. I don't believe that rumor, but Sakurai was typically cryptic and never directly said that it was false, so there is not a ZERO percent chance for it to happen. :laugh:
On the one hand I will be happy because it means I can expect to hear this and this; but King Hippo is just a dumb choice either way you get down to it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Depends on who the veterans would be be, but the roster that person had wasn't bad, it could be better but I wouldn't complain.

This one intrigues me. Everything else I can agree with.
Really? I did a stage concept not too long ago.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
True, the only two things I like are the no tripping part and Ghirahim. Some of the character choices are... questionable.

Then again, I think Sakurai did say they had no plans whatsoever at that point, which I suppose is a flat out no unless he doesn't consider what was on the document as official plans and more like typed out concepts that he did when he would occasional think of Smash Bros. like he said he would every so often during Uprising development.

Grabbing at straws there though, just thinking.

D

Deleted member

For ****z and giggles, I made a mock Universe roster.
I made this however on the ideas that a)Every Brawl veteran made it and b)Mewtwo came back. (It was just a list of Newcomers and Sonic, not the entire Roster, so there is nothing against past veterans returning, and Mewtwo is the most likely out of past veterans...)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I know Universe is fake. People started uploading music from it LAST YEAR. Development didn't start until February. Nuff said.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I doubt anything from the Universe leak is real because Sakurai has stated he has not even begun thinking about what to do with the game until recently.

So I took a look at my stage poll and noticed the first stage to hit triple digits is Yoshi's Island, followed by The Halberd. Huh.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
He did say he would think about it while making Kid Icarus, though that is the only thing that could save the document. Was really just entertaining an amusing idea. I mean, we get the logo revealed to us, and even if that is it, we'd still have all of this information to take seriously for once.

I find myself more and more amiable to the idea of a couple second CGI trailer, I suppose a good bit of the game could be established by now. I mean, four months is one third of a year, and it will take a few years to make. Looking at it from a fractional viewpoint, 1/9th of the progress has theoretically been done (assuming it takes three years ;-; ).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Only way we are getting any kind of trailer is if Nintendo was working on something independent from Sakurai. Which is something I could believe, because if I recall rightly that is exactly what Nintendo did with the Brawl trailer to a degree.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Only way we are getting any kind of trailer is if Nintendo was working on something independent from Sakurai. Which is something I could believe, because if I recall rightly that is exactly what Nintendo did with the Brawl trailer to a degree.
Melee too since another studio did it.

I'm sure we are getting a trailer. Besides the fact they announced the game last year, Nintendo is going to want to show off this game to get people excited about the Wii U.

D

Deleted member

Also, I don't get why people think Little Mac is getting in.
Isn't he retired now? :troll:

(This is a joke post; not to be taken seriously)

D

Deleted member

Kinda glad the Universe rumor is false.

@Starphoenix: I feel the chances of us getting a Sin & Punishment stage is dependent on Saki's appearance. If Saki does not appears as a playable character, then I can't see it.

Also, in regards to how E3 2012 will affect characters speculation, I can't see it doing much. The Star Fox x Metroid rumor sounds fake to me and I have a feeling Miyamoto's new series isn't going to be fit for Smash. Unless Retro is working on a new IP that catches on really quick, I expect character speculation to remain on the same road we're in. After all, E3 2011 didn't do much to change character speculation. Assuming this is the case, I'll probably give my final thoughts on characters and severely limit if not stop posting on Smash 4 discussion until E3 2013 rolls around because I do not want to say the same things over and over again for another year. Unless of course Smash 4 gets a CGI trailer.

Now stages is where we can expect a shake-up. We could see new stages from Pikmin 3, Miyamoto's new IP, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and whatever else is shown there.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ugh, now I officially expect a CGI trailer now. Screw you guys, now I can be disappointed, this is what I wanted to avoid! D<

And there, it'll look a lot better.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Melee too since another studio did it.

I'm sure we are getting a trailer. Besides the fact they announced the game last year, Nintendo is going to want to show off this game to get people excited about the Wii U.
Would there really be enough time for Nintendo to create something with enough depth to show is the problem. As far as I know there is not enough material from Sakurai for Nintendo to even go off of at this point. From a system pitching point of view (which is really what this E3 is) it makes sense to have something, but practically is there enough?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I highly doubt Sakurai and his rag tag team of developers would make the game garbage. Unless you're one of those people that complain about the most idiotic things, like Olimar having 3 pixels less on his nose or something.
Oh, people won't be complaining about that kind of them. We'll be complaining if it's trashy like Brawl or not.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: I feel the chances of us getting a Sin & Punishment stage is dependent on Saki's appearance. If Saki does not appears as a playable character, then I can't see it.
How weird, I differ. I can easily see us getting a S&P stage regardless of whether Saki is in or not, but I only see this being the case with S&P and no other second party series. It can fill the "F-Zero, futuristic fly around the stage" quota.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well based on Brawl, a series doesn't have to have a playable character to get a stage, hense Smashville, Hanenbow, Pictochat.

I'll throw in my prediction that for this E3, Nintendo will be setting up a poll and feedback system for the next smash games. I believe there were polls for brawl before its release. Well, they boldly announced they would make one. They have not had much time to start the next one. So, why not get fans involved?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I'm with Chu at the moment. We will see a trailer. I don't know who will be introduced in it. No clue. NO CLUE.

We will see a female, and a villain, and probably a popular OMG character. I would say Palutena is our female. Krystal, Dixie, and Mona aren't quite... "Zero Suit" female Status. I'm confident if any of those three get in, they will be hidden.

As for the villain.... I'm not too sure on this even. I have my doubts about Ridley being playable in general, and King K. Rool, I guess fits the bill.

Well, all this speculation has got me in the mood:

SHORT'S TRAILER PICKS

I'm betting we will get a Female, a villain, a popular/retro(Smaller franchise), and the other two will be unclassified, possibly a third Party.

My debuting female pick is undoubtedly Palutena. She SCREAMS starter character IMO. And Dixie, Krystal, and Mona DO NOT.

Villain pick will be King K. Rool, because I have my doubts about Ridley, I just do. And I know Sakurai does/did too. So I'm not the only one who believes this. Sorry everyone.

My popular/retro choice will be... I don't know yet. I'm fighting between Takamaru and Shulk in my head.

I think the two randoms could be anything from Ghirahim/randomsheikstatuscharacter, to a third party.

But Palutena and K. Rool are my definite bets so far.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well based on Brawl, a series doesn't have to have a playable character to get a stage, hense Smashville, Hanenbow, Pictochat.
What it is is I feel that Sin and Punishment being on the Wii helps the chances of having a Star Successor stage over any other series such as Golden Sun or Legendary Starfy.

I'll throw in my prediction that for this E3, Nintendo will be setting up a poll and feedback system for the next smash games. I believe there were polls for brawl before its release. Well, they boldly announced they would make one. They have not had much time to start the next one. So, why not get fans involved?
Actually from what I remember the polls came out shortly after the first trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom