• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't know where all the support for Palutena is coming from but I suspect there's huge-*** Kid Icarus spoilers involved.
Not really. She's just a major character in the game/series that would provide an interesting playstyle. Being a woman is a bonus too.

yani

Smash Lord
SPECULATION DRINKING GAME

Every time someone argues at length about how any character not in previous games is possible, take a drink.
Every time someone brings up Ridley, Geno or Krystal in any context, take a drink.
Everytime someone goes on about "clones", take a drink.
Everytime someone unironiclly brings up the Master Chief, Down a whole bottle of Jack Daniels.

I'm gonna need a new liver and a full blood replacement come E3.

In the time it took to post this we've already had Ridley. *glug*
What happens when someone brings up having more Sonic reps?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder though, will characters be more chatty this time? Sakuri seemed to have a lot of fun with the dialogue in Kid Icarus, even if he wasn't the one writing it. I'd imagine Mario and Link would keep thier traps shut but maybe something like what the star fox characters did when defeating each other.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What happens when someone brings up having more Sonic reps?
I think that's coverred i the second one. If you wanna add another rule then don't blame me when your body becomes a fire hazard.

Edit: Sorry double post

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, there were some good reasons why characters were so chatty in Uprising, which probably don't apply to Smash.

yani

Smash Lord
Palutena's Final Smash: She looks into everyone's hearts, sees their naughty thoughts, humiliating her opponents and they jump off the stage themselves.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Palutena's Final Smash: She looks into everyone's hearts, sees their naughty thoughts, humiliating her opponents and they jump off the stage themselves.
That'd be super OP against Snake but usless against Kirby. Not because Kirby has no dirty thoughts but he definetly has no shame. The guy eats freakign Wario without washing it first.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wonder though, will characters be more chatty this time? Sakuri seemed to have a lot of fun with the dialogue in Kid Icarus, even if he wasn't the one writing it. I'd imagine Mario and Link would keep thier traps shut but maybe something like what the star fox characters did when defeating each other.
I just want Visual Novel styled communication which can go either way in voice acting when it comes to the Adventure Mode. Outside of it, they can stay as is because I can't see them being more chatty outside of attacks or being hit ("How dare you"!/Juri).
So Palutena would get in way before Medusa? Don't have a 3DS.
In terms of popularity, yes. If you want to go by the more popular criteria,
Medusa more or less dies twice and is implied that she can only come back via Hades. She was also the main villain only up to chapter nine out of twenty-five when Hades took over at the end.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Palutena is probably the closest character I feel to being a lock. Not that she is, but close to it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If there's a trailer I wonder if it'll be one on the features or showing off the characters. If it's showing characters it'd propobly sart with Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu like Brawl's one befor eshowing the new ones. I wonder if Dillion's rolling western will get some representation.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If we see new characters they will be popular characters that appeal to gamers and non gamers.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we see new characters they will be popular characters that appeal to gamers and non gamers.
My guess is if they have another third party they'll anounce it at the end like they did for Snake. Here's to hoping Sonic and Snake are still int.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@vicgur: He also killed thousands over a piece of cake. Including the ultimate ancient evil.

D

Deleted member

That'd be super OP against Snake but usless against Kirby. Not because Kirby has no dirty thoughts but he definetly has no shame. The guy eats freakign Wario without washing it first.
I frigging died when I saw this. :laugh:
I got better.

Also, thanks for the avi, Oasis. I'll keep it saved for now so that I don't hurt Holder's feelings by switching right away. I'm considerate of people's feelings (when I want to be). :wink:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Okay, that sounds good

Mewtwo had BETTER keep his Shadow Ball. I know he will but still that was one of the sexiest things about him in Melee

D

Deleted member

Well, vicgur, the animation for Psystrike is not unlike Tabuu's Off Waves. Seems pretty easy to incorporate.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anyone here got any ideas for a FS for Mewtwo and maybe a new Side B and Down B?
Side B: Psychic
Mewtwo grabs the opponent and launches them at a fixed height in the air. The opponent cannot do anything from the time he's grabbed to the time he is about half-way from the peak to the ground. During this time, you can either do a damaging combo or let them hit the ground to set up a mixup.

Down B: Light Screen
Mewtwo sets up a light screen like so:

This attack has a number of properties (and I got these from Aegis Reflector, the above attack):
1. Reflects projectiles.
2. Shocks the opponent on contact.
3. Mewtwo can go through it as if it weren't there.

Mewtwo can only have two at a time and the hits on contact can be DI'd out of. Otherwise, this setup is basically a vortex.

Final Smash: Gravity Squeeze Psystrike
Mewtwo encases the opponent in a ball of psychic energy that strikes from within on the opponent.

D

Deleted member

>B: Psychocut
VB: Psystrike

FS: Psychic

Really though I'd say keep Disable or Confusion, just make them more efficient.
Psystrike would be better as a FS than Psychic, jus saiyan.

EDIT: Just as a reminder, June 21st is when Meloetta makes her anime debut and when we'll know if she becomes hyped and popular.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing I'd like is for there to be the number of stages per frachise to be proportional to the characters. Like 4 mario chars = 4 mario stages not 6 while Star Fox has 3 chars and 1 stage

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One thing I'd like is for there to be the number of stages per frachise to be proportional to the characters. Like 4 mario chars = 4 mario stages not 6 while Star Fox has 3 chars and 1 stage
Yes and no. New stages are usually proportional to characters, but they are also, generally, proportional to the amount of new titles released in the interim between the previous Super Smash Bros and the current.

Brawl: Delfino Plaza (Mario/Super Mario Sunshine), Luigi's Mansion (Luigi/Luigi's Mansion)

SSB4: Starship Mario (Mario/Super Mario Galaxy), Luigi's Greater Mansion (Luigi/Luigi's Mansion 2), Bowser's Castle (Bowser/New Super Mario Bros), Rainbow Road (Peach/Mario Kart 7)

Although Sakurai also throws in stages from older games for good measure, but for the most new games tend to influence stages along with which characters are added. I have also observed that home console game series tend to be more apt to receive a stage than portable series.

Overall, stages should not be restricted to the number of characters, otherwise you miss out on great stage opportunities.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I had mentioned Mewtwo's Final Smash as being Psystrike, it is pretty much a no brainer. As for changing some moves, I'm lovin' what Kuma put out.

Also agree with Star about Palutena, out of like my top five favorite choices, Palutena just has this feeling of being the one that is a lock. I'd put her above K. Rool and Ridley even, and Megaman too (when he has even talked about the possibility of getting a Capcom character (unless its Amaterasu :awesome: )).

I'm thinking I am the only one that likes Ammy more than Mega, but that is probably because Mega has waaaaaaay better chances.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I had mentioned Mewtwo's Final Smash as being Psystrike, it is pretty much a no brainer. As for changing some moves, I'm lovin' what Kuma put out.
^_^ Does anyone find my move descriptions too complicated?
I'm thinking I am the only one that likes Ammy more than Mega, but that is probably because Mega has waaaaaaay better chances.
I like Ammy way more than Megaman. Ammy was what sealed the deal for me for MvC3 (even though I haven't played it since March 2011).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Palutena is probably the closest character I feel to being a lock. Not that she is, but close to it.
That's funny, I'm the one who's been shoving her down everyone's throats (or maybe that's Horsetail now?) and even I don't think that. lol

She's the best shot KI has for another rep, but in terms of actually getting in I don't know.

Anyone here got any ideas for a FS for Mewtwo and maybe a new Side B and Down B?
His Side B just needs to be improved to make it a more effective reflector (less lag, reflected projectiles do damage and keep their speed), IMO it should also trip opponents at close range (hense confusion).

Down B could go either way, but if it stays it should get some sort of improvement. I wouldn't mind it being replaced by his Barrier move.

I probably don't need to say how I'd have his FS, but either way it would be Psystrike.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
^_^ Does anyone find my move descriptions too complicated?
They seem pretty simple actually. Although, do you mean the walls stay out indefinitely, like, not until you get KO'd? If so, you could perhaps set up walls that may make it difficult to recover, and I'd be unsure if that is plausible for someone to have. I could be overthinking it, however.

I like Ammy way more than Megaman. Ammy was what sealed the deal for me for MvC3 (even though I haven't played it since March 2011).
Ah I like your tastes! (I wouldn't even mind Chibiterasu) I haven't played that ever, but I've seen it a lot in the game rooms of conventions. Kind of want to play, seems challenging.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's funny, I'm the one who's been shoving her down everyone's throats (or maybe that's Horsetail now?) and even I don't think that. lol

She's the best shot KI has for another rep, but in terms of actually getting in I don't know.
I'm looking at the big picture, overall she is the best choice for an initial character. I'd say Dixie Kong or King K. Rool would be second followed by some Pokémon character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
vicgur that's an awesome idea for Mewtwo's Final Smash.
Kuma... that picture of a man in a bikini disturbs me.
I do, I hate it. But, I might as well make it perfect since they're unavoidable.
So that means you want it one way or another, eh=??? Or do you realize deep down inside you truly love Solid Snake=??? :awesome:
Went exploring around the Internets today, looks like we can give up hope on Megaman and Snake being third parties with this game based on how Capcom and Sony will want the fans of their characters to come to their own fighting games.
LOL no. And Snake isn't owned by Sony. Snake and Sonic have been in other fighting games before Brawl, but that didn't stop them from being playable in Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They seem pretty simple actually. Although, do you mean the walls stay out indefinitely, like, not until you get KO'd? If so, you could perhaps set up walls that may make it difficult to recover, and I'd be unsure if that is plausible for someone to have. I could be overthinking it, however.
Oh no, it doesn't last long. Urien doing his Aegis Reflector (see above) shows you about how long it could last. You might have to nerf it though where it shatters after one contact or something as Aegis Reflector is a Super Art.

Kuma... that picture of a man in a bikini disturbs me.
Yeah, Urien isn't my favorite design.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I'd like his design more if it came with actual clothes, or it wasn't a grown man wearing a diaper, and instead was an actual baby.
To capture which demographic? (with Master Chief in Smash) The 14 year old punks from the midwest who have apparently ****ed my mother and know my sexual orientation better than I do? Or the Jeep-driving frat bros with gamertags like weedl0rd420? No thank you.
LOL, this captures the Halo community pretty accurately. However, you forgot about 7 year old preschool drop outs with a meth lab in their basement and play Halo because they suck at real (PC) shooters and don't have the attention span to learn that "sharing is caring." :rotfl:
If Nintendo actually went to Microsoft seeking a character for Smash, it would be Banjo-Kazooie.
You forgot about Joanna Dark and Conker. :bee: Also, Wizzpig for the lulz! :smirk:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
LOL no. And Snake isn't owned by Sony. Snake and Sonic have been in other fighting games before Brawl, but that didn't stop them from being playable in Brawl.
Sonic the Hedgehog is not a good point since the fighting game he appeared in wass by Sega. As for Solid Snake and DreamMix TV World Fighters I'm not sure that counts either as 1) it is a very obscure game and 2) the game was produced by Hudson Soft, which kind of is a part of Konami now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm looking at the big picture, overall she is the best choice for an initial character. I'd say Dixie Kong or King K. Rool would be second followed by some Mario character.
Maybe I've been brainwashed by Space Pirates, not that I would complain.

I'm just not getting much of a feeling towards her getting in. It's 50/50 at the moment for me. Ironically it was probably a lot higher before Uprising came out. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom